Terros Health Employee Reviews

no time to use the restroom- multiple UTI's and threats by clients
PARENT AIDE BEHAVIOR HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
(Former Employee) – Tempe, AZ
I was at Tempe clinic when it was taken over by Terros. Never have I experienced an upper mgmt team with such poor insight into their half baked (then reversed) decisions and the employee dissatisfaction which resulted from it.
They have concluded that case managers have seemingly endless billing abilities each week. One case manager billed for 8.5 hours in one 8 hour work day, in an attempt to keep his job.
Daily breaks (or even trips to the bathroom) are things mgmt implies employees don't need and can do without. Even driving time to clients' homes is something mgmt won't allow time for.
Every week mgmt announces a future change which will solve the lack of realism in their current procedure. Still, they are just thinking about a cure that might someday happen..Until then they are simply firing employees that aren't making the quotas. Or employees who refuse to exaggerate their billing. Same difference.
This is no place to work for if you're current employed elsewhere. Terros is a toxic place to work, and now the mismanagement at Tempe facility is unfolding to other work areas. Employees are encouraged not to mingle.
Pros
Do not have time to use the rest room_
Cons
Very stressful job
Excellent team work
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZOctober 29, 2018
Great place to work. Team work was awesome ! Management was horrible when I first started, then they hired a new manager who is excellent. Fair pay and you usually got the hour and days you wanted to work and be off.
Pros
consistant work available
Cons
not enough clinical use
Would not recommend working here
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 21, 2018
One of the most stressful and unorganized places I have ever worked. No wonder the company has changed names so many times over the years. They talk about incentives but they are impossible to get. Caseload is unreasonable. They talk about geo-graphing and driving close by, but this is a LIE! If you want to get paid the same regardless of your degrees etc then you should work here. Almost never are able to take a lunch, but then get in trouble when you don't. Management is horrible and do nothing about any of the issues that occur. Spoke to HR about it several times and nothing was done on their part as well. Sad for the clients who are actually trying to receive help and services, the company does not care about them at all. Pretty sad when all the staff talks about finding new work.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, No Lunches, No time to complete work given
Great place to work and advance career
Clinician III (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 16, 2018
Management allows you to grow independently while providing effective guidance. Hours are great and allow for a nice work/personal life balance. Co-workers are supportive and provide great insight and feedback. Nothing is to stressful or difficult.
Action job
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2018
I performed the position of Mobile Interventionist. It’s scheduled for 4 ten hour shifts but it can’t be done in that period of time... so it’s more like 50 hours per week. Which is about 10 to 15 hours overtime at time and a half per week
Pros
Action type job, never boring
Cons
Late hours when starting
Co-Workers worked as a team,Manager unprofessional, yelled at employee in front of coworkers.
Parent Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
PA position is a great learning position,
Company has excellent benefits.
Terros is focused on making money, not on their employees. High employee turnover. I’ve had coworkers walk out and or quite with minimal notice.
A coworker trained her replacement and was let go the following day.
If you have healthy boundaries and the correct mindset there is room for advancement.
Pros
Family reunification program, Co workers great teamwork
Cons
Max with Bachelor degree $16.00, Posted as 40 hrs a week job, If there are not any referral, PA does not work. 25-35 hrs a week at times. Micro managed by middle management.
productive but very little flexible work hours
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 8, 2018
it started out well but as time went on management took over more that I lost my loyalty to the Company. My schedule if all appts show will run me ragged. I got a lot of experience some I want others I did not want. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. Our team in OP clinic are a good team. the enjoyable is working with the clients
Pros
working with my team
Cons
short breaks and overbooked schedule
Great Place to Work
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF FAMILY SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2018
Terros Health is an amazing place to work. I have been there 4 years and have had the pleasure to work for the same boss even with a promotion. Such an amazing growth opportunity for me.
Great experience
ACT Team Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2018
Learned a lot about working in the behavioral health field. This was my first time working with SMI clients and I had alot of support from my clinical manager and my coworkers.
Fun working place
ACT TEAM PEER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2018
A day on the ACT team morning meetings mad Ops Med doctors observation face-to-faces seeing at least 8 to 10 people a day making sure clients are taking their meds making sure they know their doctor's appointment keeping up with assessments and ISP picking clients up dropping clients off doing home visits checking clients homes making sure that they have a livable home making sure clients have all medication making sure clients come to all appointments and participate on the ACT team
Pros
nn
Cons
nn
Did more than expected
BHT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2018
I loved it there. Wish i was still there in fact. I burned myself out and then tried to force myself to keep going. The pay chart could be based more on work ethic rather than education alone. Good people but the communication between upper management and the workers they supervise could be better. I would go back though.
A Lot of Work, But Rewarding
Parent Aide (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 20, 2018
There are numerous deadlines and scheduling can get pretty out of control, but the job itself is entirely rewarding when you see successful families do their best.
Pros
Not Sitting In An Office; Rewarding Work
Cons
No Time to Self without taking PTO
Do not recommend. Unprofessional environment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 31, 2018
I resigned from my position here.
I do not recommend working here.
It is an unprofessional environment.
It is a toxic environment. The people that this company is hurting the most are the clients. I left because the ethics of Terros are not what I was taught to expect, in grad school. While I was working there, the two people with the most education and ability, resigned, within a few weeks of each other. Why? Terros has one thing in mind; money. Not the health and safety of their clients or staff. Why is Terros' business failing? They do not exhibit a desire to do the right thing. This business actually drives people who are similar to it: unethical. There are plenty of other people who are good people in this world. There's no reason to join this company.
Why should you give these people in your blood... because they will take it.
Pros
No justification.
Cons
Toxic environment
Fun work place
Mental Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2018
Great work environment and a very fun place to be, rewarding career to be able to help individuals with mental illness. It is a great culture, staff are very helpful and team players.
Hunger Games Exist
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2018
There was a benefit to being able to help others as a case manager however the culture is cut throat. Like Hunger Games, expect to die early. Be Careful.
Pros
Enjoyed my clients
Cons
Nasty and deceitful upper management. Beware.
Decent Place to Start
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2018
With all the changes in behavioral health it is hard to work in this field to begin with, but management struggles with communication on the ground level and coworkers are not supportive of one another often.
Good and Bad
N/A (Current Employee) –  Terros HelathJanuary 26, 2018
Con: Terros is a good place to work at when you have good management or higher ups that acutually care / understand about the clinical teams. There is change in management almost every month or so, so much inconsistency it makes you frustrated.
Pro: Good Benefits, Good Pay, Opportunities to move up/ change departments, and will work with your schedule.
Pros
Good pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Understaffed
Great place for behavioral health experience
Crisis worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2018
Terros provides employees with the opportunity to gain a lot of behavioral health experience. There are multiple sites and different career paths, so one can move around if burnout sets in. There are positions for on-call and part-time employment, and this fosters a work/life balance. The pay is low with no chance for a bonus or a substantial merit increase (1-3% per year is typical). The biggest issue is that middle management does not hold under-performing employees accountable. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually helping clients on a daily basis. It has the potential to be incredibly rewarding.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Low pay
Social worker
Clinician Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2018
Good place to work to build experience regarding the knowledge necessary to become a qualified social worker. Expansive knowledge obtained regarding the DSM,
Fairly Good Company Overall
Clinician (Former Employee) –  East ValleyJanuary 3, 2018
It depends on what location you're at, but our clinic was fully integrated (PCP, Psychiatry, Counseling w/various programs) and we did well. The clinic was nice and the technology provided was fantastic. Great PTO/sick time benefits, but pay and healthcare was mediocre. Upper management is a bit misdirected and has their hands in a LOT of projects. HR is a nightmare, always. The structure of your day is always busy and documentation is nearly impossible with all they expect you to complete. ClaimTrak (documentation system) is the worst and incredibly outdated and redundant. Don't expect to leave work at work most days. You're always working late or doing notes at home.
Pros
Pto, Sick Leave, Technology/Resources
Cons
Compensation, Work a LOT, Documentation