Terros Health Employee Reviews

Did more than expected
BHT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2018
I loved it there. Wish i was still there in fact. I burned myself out and then tried to force myself to keep going. The pay chart could be based more on work ethic rather than education alone. Good people but the communication between upper management and the workers they supervise could be better. I would go back though.
A Lot of Work, But Rewarding
Parent Aide (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 20, 2018
There are numerous deadlines and scheduling can get pretty out of control, but the job itself is entirely rewarding when you see successful families do their best.
Pros
Not Sitting In An Office; Rewarding Work
Cons
No Time to Self without taking PTO
Do not recommend. Unprofessional environment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 31, 2018
I resigned from my position here.
I do not recommend working here.
It is an unprofessional environment.
It is a toxic environment. The people that this company is hurting the most are the clients. I left because the ethics of Terros are not what I was taught to expect, in grad school. While I was working there, the two people with the most education and ability, resigned, within a few weeks of each other. Why? Terros has one thing in mind; money. Not the health and safety of their clients or staff. Why is Terros' business failing? They do not exhibit a desire to do the right thing. This business actually drives people who are similar to it: unethical. There are plenty of other people who are good people in this world. There's no reason to join this company.
Why should you give these people in your blood... because they will take it.
Pros
No justification.
Cons
Toxic environment
Fun work place
Mental Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2018
Great work environment and a very fun place to be, rewarding career to be able to help individuals with mental illness. It is a great culture, staff are very helpful and team players.
Hunger Games Exist
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2018
There was a benefit to being able to help others as a case manager however the culture is cut throat. Like Hunger Games, expect to die early. Be Careful.
Pros
Enjoyed my clients
Cons
Nasty and deceitful upper management. Beware.
Decent Place to Start
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2018
With all the changes in behavioral health it is hard to work in this field to begin with, but management struggles with communication on the ground level and coworkers are not supportive of one another often.
Good and Bad
N/A (Current Employee) –  Terros HelathJanuary 26, 2018
Con: Terros is a good place to work at when you have good management or higher ups that acutually care / understand about the clinical teams. There is change in management almost every month or so, so much inconsistency it makes you frustrated.
Pro: Good Benefits, Good Pay, Opportunities to move up/ change departments, and will work with your schedule.
Pros
Good pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Understaffed
Great place for behavioral health experience
Crisis worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2018
Terros provides employees with the opportunity to gain a lot of behavioral health experience. There are multiple sites and different career paths, so one can move around if burnout sets in. There are positions for on-call and part-time employment, and this fosters a work/life balance. The pay is low with no chance for a bonus or a substantial merit increase (1-3% per year is typical). The biggest issue is that middle management does not hold under-performing employees accountable. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually helping clients on a daily basis. It has the potential to be incredibly rewarding.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Low pay
Social worker
Clinician Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2018
Good place to work to build experience regarding the knowledge necessary to become a qualified social worker. Expansive knowledge obtained regarding the DSM,
Fairly Good Company Overall
Clinician (Former Employee) –  East ValleyJanuary 3, 2018
It depends on what location you're at, but our clinic was fully integrated (PCP, Psychiatry, Counseling w/various programs) and we did well. The clinic was nice and the technology provided was fantastic. Great PTO/sick time benefits, but pay and healthcare was mediocre. Upper management is a bit misdirected and has their hands in a LOT of projects. HR is a nightmare, always. The structure of your day is always busy and documentation is nearly impossible with all they expect you to complete. ClaimTrak (documentation system) is the worst and incredibly outdated and redundant. Don't expect to leave work at work most days. You're always working late or doing notes at home.
Pros
Pto, Sick Leave, Technology/Resources
Cons
Compensation, Work a LOT, Documentation
Compassionate
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2017
The workplace culture at Terros is very diverse and non-judgmental. There is a lot of compassion for the clients and staff. I've learned so much about what Terros is really about. It's not like the stigma of "Terros is a place for drug addicts", no. Terros is a place for anyone to seek help whether it is for substance abuse, mental health, individual or family counseling, developmental disabililties, etc.
Best part was working with the clients, Hardest part was the upper level management.
Family Mentor (State of Arizona Certified) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2017
Working with the clients was the best part of this job.
Poor management hinders friendly work environment.
Unorganized and unstructured business practices.
Pros
Working with the clients, other than that - None, I can think of.
Cons
Large Caseloads, Poor Management, Horrible work culture.
Upper management is horrible, trickles down
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2017
Employees pressured to overbill, some billing seems unethical
Manager's do not listen to employee concerns
Lower level employees blamed for company financial failures
Unreasonable expectations to meet productivity
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unreasonable productivity expectations
Major Community Based Healthcare Company
Director of IT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2017
Great place to work. Although opportunity can be limited depending on the department you are working in. Since it's a non-profit, your salary is much less than fair market value. This can be a tough sacrifice at some point. Terros is a great organization to work for. It has a clear goal which is to help people to get better behaviorally/psychologically or physically.
Dedicated to care
Employee (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 28, 2017
Although the field of behavioral health can be stressful, the employees at this site make going to work everyday enjoyable. Through the expectations of the job, staff find a way to do the best they can to provide excellent service to our members. I have been privileged and honored to work for and with the managers and case managers who are affiliated with this company. Through the demands of productivity our case managers dedicate everyday to making sure their clients needs are met. The case managers play a huge role in ensuring the standards of care are met for each member. They truly embody compassion, empowerment, and integrity.
Pros
Supportive work environment, area for growth, great field experience
Awesome place to work
Crisis Specialist (Current Employee) –  FlagstaffSeptember 16, 2017
I love working here. I feel supported by my management and I am always encountering new things. Hardest part of the job is time management but once you get the hang of it, it's incredible.
n/a
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2017
Terros has a great vision and works with some of the most difficult members in the community in helping them find and meet their fullest potential. They have a whole health approach.
Bumbling, out of touch management create chaos
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 23, 2017
I was at Tempe clinic when it was taken over by Terros. Never have I experienced an upper mgmt team with such poor insight into their half baked (then reversed) decisions and the employee dissatisfaction which resulted from it.
"We're losing $700,000 a month" is their rallying cry. Their answer is to provide extra services (and thus bill the State of AZ more) whether the patients want them or not.
They have concluded that case managers have seemingly endless billing abilities each week. One case manager billed for 8.5 hours in one 8 hour work day, in an attempt to keep his job.
Daily breaks (or even trips to the bathroom) are things mgmt implies employees don't need and can do without. Even driving time to clients' homes is something mgmt won't allow time for.
Every week mgmt announces a future change which will solve the lack of realism in their current procedure. Still, they are just thinking about a cure that might someday happen..Until then they are simply firing employees that aren't making the quotas. Or employees who refuse to exaggerate their billing. Same difference.
This is no place to work for if you're current employed elsewhere.
Pros
Amusing annual employee events
Cons
Unrealistic mgmt, seem like they're going broke soon.
Great Experience working with HIV/Homeless Population
Case Manager 3 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
The job was a wonderful experience for me because it exposed me to a different population than i usually work with. Learning never gets old for me so adapting to the Terros style of client care and management was exciting. However the position turned out to be temporary due to changes in the Arizona Health Care System.
Pros
No Micro Management Issues
Cons
It was subject to policy changes after the new president made revisions to the healthcare system.
Unreasonable Expectations
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2017
Typical day of work is dictated by the central office. Therapist have little to no control over their schedules. Productivity requirements and paperwork force an 40 hour work week to 50 or more to meet those mandates. Company gives lip service to the concerns of employees but does not take appropriate action. Tremendous turn over in professional counselor staff. Hardest part of the job is not being able to provide APPROPRIATE and TIMELY services based on the needs of the client. (Everything is about the convenience of the clinician schedule.) If there is time to have an individual session after assessments or group therapy, then the client can work in. Clients normally have to be scheduled a month out to get in to see anyone, even if their condition is acute. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with colleagues who are phenomenal at what they do.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Out of touch executive staff, unrealistic expectations of staff, salary not commensurate with work performed.