Terros Employee Reviews

Poor
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2018
The benefits are great. No career advancement even if you have qualifying skills. To much falseness and tattle telling. It's almost childlike but with grown ups. Cannot think for yourself or your wrong if you are not one of the favored. Boss has the nerve to put us down in meetings. Very very negative work environment. And to think this in mental health care. Huh!
Pros
benefits are reasonable
Cons
horrible inefficient supervisor
great place to work
Customer Service/Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 7, 2018
It was a great place to work.. Environment and management were all great.. I had to leave because I was offered another position with advancement and higher pay. I worked with lots of wonder ful people.
Horrible supervison
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2018
new case managers are thrown in the deep end of the pool. 'Then they are loaded down with 60 clients and it is hard to do anything but put out fires.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
poor compensation, they will run you into the ground, the rules don't apply to everyone, no flexibility
management
Mobile Clinician (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 5, 2018
There is no consistency with management. There are frequent changes throughout the department, communication is not optimal. Feedback is almost non-existent.
Bad Management
Crisis Clinician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2018
Management is a big problem. They have people who do not even have to go to work. They will make you cover for them. They have their favorites. Intelligent people went back to the Northeast after few months of employment. They knew a lot and thought practices were unfair. However, Terros is for people who lack what it takes to be in a competitive market.
Pros
Cons
management
Disorganized, not enough resources
Data team (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2018
Very disorganized. Unclear what direction they are going. Limited resources. A lot of politics between working groups. Management is not great. Benefits are average.
Pros
Central location
Cons
Stress
Not the most stable environment
Behavioral Health Technician III / Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 11, 2018
This was a good place to work before Terros had their contract rewritten to reduce compensation and overall resource allotment. After such drastic changes in their revenue source the company started having issues with maintaining good staff.
Pros
used to be worth working at
Cons
is not currently worth working at
Rapidly expanding company with growing pains for the employees.
CLINICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 30, 2017
The CEO tries very hard to make the company succeed and the employees happy. However, chemical dependency counseling is a tough job and no matter which company you work for, it's a challenge to do day after day.
Stressful
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2017
A typical day is fast paced and pressured. It can be unpredictable as emergencies arise. This makes it difficult to complete required administrative duties according to company's schedule.
Pros
Satisfaction gained in helping people in need.
Cons
Terros is more interested in production numbers than in meeting clients' needs.
Supportive services
BHT for the Bridging The Gap Program (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZNovember 16, 2017
I learned and earned my BHT title and I ran my own schedule depending on the needs of the clients. They are amazing people and genuinely care about their employees as well as the clients.
Terros provided me with a great foundation for my counseling experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 8, 2017
Checked emails, did outreach calls or went to groups. Some days I had my own clients so I did there counseling sessions. Closures were the worst for me. Yet I was everyone's best friend once I learned how to do them. The culture, staff, fellow counselors and even the management were great to me. Great place to do an internship!
Pleasant atmosphere and dedicated employees. Company is employee focused and tries to ensure that employees have a voice.
Case Manager - Adult Substance Abuse (Current Employee) –  West Clinic - Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2017
Overall, my employment tenure has been a positive experience. I was fortunate to be a re-hire with this company and though there was an extended time away I have received credit for my previous employment in several areas.
Pros
Auto renewal of earned vacation hours
Cons
Very demanding productivity hours (billable to the REBA)
Normal shift is 10 am - *pm
Crisis Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2017
Enjoyed the high acuity calls ! Worked with great team members providing a service that goes above and beyond to establish rapport, secure the safety of the ct . Assess and evaluate a need for a HLOC.
Pros
Every call is different
Cons
no room for advancement
nice place to work
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 7, 2017
Taking client to 12 step meeting and giving them suggestion to better their lives. Seeing the change and growth in the way their would participate in their recovery was rewarding.
Pros
recovery
Cons
N/a
Too corporate and cut throat!
Clerical (Former Employee) –  unkJune 20, 2017
Very political and liberal. Its a job you have to be on your toes all the time do to the politics, If you can do that day in and day out .you may make it.
Pros
Some leaders are very good.Others not
Cons
They allow lousy leaders to stay.
poor management
Mobile Crisis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2017
They do not stand behind their policies. However the job is rewarding. More training and another level of management would make it more successful . They do not listen to staff for ways to improve.
Chief Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2017
Great place to work and make a difference. Terros has been a leading non-profit behavioral healthcare provider in the Phoenix Metro area for many years. The staff and management are very committed to the mission and the stability of the company is strong. Outcome quality is also very good. I enjoyed working there. But decided to return to my home state after my work projects were completed.
Pros
Mission driven
Cons
Commute can be difficult, depending where you reside in the Valley
Terros Review
Case Manager and Peer Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2017
Terros cares more about purchasing new companies and looking the part than they do their clients or employees. Their pay scale is one of the worst I have seen yet.
Growing company, increase in productivty; needs to treat employees better
Substance abuse/Mental health counselor/therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
The company is growing and improving in services but I think it needs to treat employees better. I don't feel appreciated. I believe I am good at what I do but there is no where up the ladder that I want to be in the company.
Pros
i enjoy seeing the clientele, nice employees, good boss, i am good at what i do
Cons
do not feel appreciated by company; do not like where philosophy is going
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2017
Worked at various locations, enjoyed all of them. Management professional, benefits good and many jobs flex schedule. Salary is lower though than many other places in the behavioral health field.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terros. Our community is ready to answer.