Terros
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

Terros Employee Reviews in Tempe, AZ

Tempe, AZ21 reviews

Family like atmosphere

Good overall community with company culture. Teammates become like family supportive of eachother. High caseload number at times. Lot of clients may miss appointments. Home visits can be uncomfortable due to safety of neighborhoods

Pros

Morale building activities

Cons

High caseloads, lots of driving

Not a great company. Pay is decent but employees are overworked and not treated well.

Terros is focused on making money not doing what’s best for the client. Lots of unethical things happen in this company which cause one to be put in horrible situations. Management is great at covering things up and do not actually ever address this issue.

Pros

Decent pay, offers clinical supervision, flexible schedule.

Cons

Overworked, under appreciated, unethical behaviours of some employees, management is not supportive and does not do right by clients or employees.

Terros insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

If your contemplating working here, RUN!!

If your thinking of working at Terros, DON’T!! I am a case manager and love my clients, but it’s not about them at Terros it’s all about billing, billing and more billing! You could get a complaint that you’re horrible to the clients they wouldn’t do anything about it but don’t meet your metrics for the week, that’s a different Ball Game! Bottom line they only care about to buck! They expect you to have a caseload of over 50 people and the expectations they expect of a case manager to fulfill daily and weekly is insane!! The work environment is all back biting to your face they’re great act like they like you at the same time will stick the knife in your back! But I think it’s only my clinical team that is like that?? Bunch of Catty b#tc€s!! And management is worse! So run run away fast don’t even think about applying!!

Pros

Clients

Cons

Help patient learn how to live a sober life.

A typical day is picking up patient and bring them to the ATDT (LADDER) program. Where patient learn skills on how to get and remain sober. By using copying skill, change their life styles to help promote sober living. Set up Breakfast and make Lunch for the patient. Then at the end of the day take the patients home.

Overall

Overall, working for TERROS showed me a work place environment that I do not want. The lack of a cohesive team environment was the biggest factor. Disjointed and hostile, it was not a healthy place for providers to the communities most vulnerable mentally ill to be working.

Horrible

Terros management at priest is terrible and it all starts with the ceo and trickles down. The company only cares about money and it shows in all aspects. Clients suffer and so do employees. You will burn out within a month on the job and there will be no support or help. There is literally not one good thing about this company. Clients and prospective employees should find a company with morals

Worst place to work for

Terros Health, CEO Peggy Chase only cares about making money and that trickles down onto all locations. Minimal care for patients. Management at the clinics are terrible, as mentioned before it trickles down. They only care about the codes used for spending time with patients because that’s how the company charges and makes money. This “non-profit” needs to be investigated.

Go anywhere else !

This place is all based on politics and who you know or kissing butt im sorry i have nothing good to say the CD of the office is in her own little world and has no care about her staff there is no opportunity for growth and the pay is very little the only good thing about this place is there benifts arent to bad. Wish i hade nicer things to say the turn over in the place is sicking the casemanagers are ocer worked and under staffed its all about numbers and who can get in and out the quickets

Pros

Benifts

Cons

Managment, bullying, no patient care

Production hours and billing to make money off clients insurance is the most important goal

Day starts with a meeting where the supervisor compares billing hours of employees and are belittled if they didn't make their production hours, leader doesn't even talk about helping clients or how staff are feeling. The atmosphere is competitive, stressed, moral is low, no laughing or happiness or work events because everyone is trying to get billing hours with clients. There are multiple incidents of fraud where employees are lying about how much time is spent with a client. There are also monthly meetings where the director tells you how to make more money for the company by billing different codes and employees are terminated if they cannot meet these standards. Clients are unhappy and don't get better because case managers can't concentrate on them because they are just thinking about how they can get more billing hours for the company so they don't lose their jobs. Employees are not valued unless they make the billing quota and management won't even acknowledge you or say hi in the hallways if you are not making the company money. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the clients and to help them get better and when they appreciate you.

This company sucks! Management so poor, and HR will not help with disputes. Training poor by supervisor left it up to co workers.

This company is soooo bad. Management and supervisors big time suck. They do not care about workers well being. It’s a rat race with no end in sight. Understaffed, high turnover. Ethically and morally corrupt. Some employees and supervisors have personality disorders. Training not adequate supervisor will not train, left it up to co workers who are too overwhelmed to help. It’s so bad. Do not work for them. Pay is low, company morale is bad. Everyone should walk out. Terros does not know how to run recovery clinics!!!!!

Pros

Cons

Get a job elsewhere

Would not recommend working here

One of the most stressful and unorganized places I have ever worked. No wonder the company has changed names so many times over the years. They talk about incentives but they are impossible to get. Caseload is unreasonable. They talk about geo-graphing and driving close by, but this is a LIE! If you want to get paid the same regardless of your degrees etc then you should work here. Almost never are able to take a lunch, but then get in trouble when you don't. Management is horrible and do nothing about any of the issues that occur. Spoke to HR about it several times and nothing was done on their part as well. Sad for the clients who are actually trying to receive help and services, the company does not care about them at all. Pretty sad when all the staff talks about finding new work.

Pros

Cons

Poor Management, No Lunches, No time to complete work given

Fun working place

A day on the ACT team morning meetings mad Ops Med doctors observation face-to-faces seeing at least 8 to 10 people a day making sure clients are taking their meds making sure they know their doctor's appointment keeping up with assessments and ISP picking clients up dropping clients off doing home visits checking clients homes making sure that they have a livable home making sure clients have all medication making sure clients come to all appointments and participate on the ACT team

Pros

nn

Cons

nn

A Lot of Work, But Rewarding

There are numerous deadlines and scheduling can get pretty out of control, but the job itself is entirely rewarding when you see successful families do their best.

Pros

Not Sitting In An Office; Rewarding Work

Cons

No Time to Self without taking PTO

great place to work

It was a great place to work.. Environment and management were all great.. I had to leave because I was offered another position with advancement and higher pay. I worked with lots of wonder ful people.

Do not recommend. Unprofessional environment

I resigned from my position here. I do not recommend working here. It is an unprofessional environment. It is a toxic environment. The people that this company is hurting the most are the clients. I left because the ethics of Terros are not what I was taught to expect, in grad school. While I was working there, the two people with the most education and ability, resigned, within a few weeks of each other. Why? Terros has one thing in mind; money. Not the health and safety of their clients or staff. Why is Terros' business failing? They do not exhibit a desire to do the right thing. This business actually drives people who are similar to it: unethical. There are plenty of other people who are good people in this world. There's no reason to join this company. Why should you give these people in your blood... because they will take it.

Pros

No justification.

Cons

Toxic environment

Bumbling, out of touch management create chaos

I was at Tempe clinic when it was taken over by Terros. Never have I experienced an upper mgmt team with such poor insight into their half baked (then reversed) decisions and the employee dissatisfaction which resulted from it. "We're losing $700,000 a month" is their rallying cry. Their answer is to provide extra services (and thus bill the State of AZ more) whether the patients want them or not. They have concluded that case managers have seemingly endless billing abilities each week. One case manager billed for 8.5 hours in one 8 hour work day, in an attempt to keep his job. Daily breaks (or even trips to the bathroom) are things mgmt implies employees don't need and can do without. Even driving time to clients' homes is something mgmt won't allow time for. Every week mgmt announces a future change which will solve the lack of realism in their current procedure. Still, they are just thinking about a cure that might someday happen..Until then they are simply firing employees that aren't making the quotas. Or employees who refuse to exaggerate their billing. Same difference. This is no place to work for if you're current employed elsewhere.

Pros

Amusing annual employee events

Cons

Unrealistic mgmt, seem like they're going broke soon.

Fun co-wokers

a work day requires one to meet demands and an excellent place to earn experience in behavioral health and mental health. The staff are supportive and will help you out. You everything on the job except you get training for next gen. great place to start out as a young case manager.

Pros

holidays off

Cons

demanding work schedule

Culturally a good experience

A good working environment, pay could be a lot better. The work environment is comfortable, management is works well with employees, and the hours are good.

Pros

Some work balance

Cons

Pay is not equivalent to the amount of work required

Tempe Arizona

TERROS is a good p;ace to work, very hectic I learned more about mental illness and changes in the system. Management tried their best to manage the system, co workers were dedicated and caring; the most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to deal directly with the clients and see their progress in their lives.

Poor management, lack of compassion, and burnt out employees

Since Terros bought Choices contract, there have been many negative situations to outweigh the positive. Not only did Terros roll out a new data base about seven months too early, they expected their employees to maintain the same level of productivity as if they provided us with the tools to do so. The most recent change that our clinic is undergoing is telemedicine, which completely takes away the human aspect of our job. Terros also announced that they will be spending a ridiculous amount of money to revamp our clinic, yet there are employees not getting the proper compensation or promised yearly raises. They had our clients take a survery on if they wanted telemedicine or not and despite a while 100% of them stating they did not want to see their doctor via television screen, they still chose to do so. Their complete lack of compassion is a true disservice to our clients. The turnover rate for case managers is through the roof due to Terros overworking and underpaying their employees while bragging about the profit made in 2015. I would NOT recommend working for this company. Employees who have been with this clinic for 15+ years are on their way out of the door. Save yourself the frustration.

Pros

Great co-workers who genuinely care about clients

Cons

Terros gives a facade of integrity and compassion

Overworked and unrealistic expectations

I worked as an SMI case manager (CM) and in Aug. 2015 Terros took over three CHOICES SMI clinics. Terros has unrealistic expectations when it comes to "documentation." There is so much to do when working with the SMI population; and when a client has a crisis the CM has to drop everything to attend to the clinic. Not only did I have 60 SMI clients on my case load; 15 clients were on COT (which is a joke because the client still does not participate in their treatment) and the CM had more work to do if the client did not come in for their appointment with the provider. CM's spend more time chasing down clients because of missed appointments, having to reschedule when they would not show up again. The behavioral health system is not for the client who wants to get or feel better. The system does nothing but enable the clients, majority of SMI clients do not take their psychotropic medications as prescribed; instead, they self-medicate. AHCCCS does not regulate how many times a client fills their medications. Majority of the population are med seekers. One client visited 71 different providers in 36 months for benzo's and opiates pain medications. How is it that AHCCCS allows this to happen when hard working citizens of Arizona pay taxes for this abuse. Working citizens who pay for their own health care, cannot med shop and go to different pharmacies to fill opiates and benzo medications if it is to soon to fill. Before employment a new applicant needs to do a drug test by doing a UA. This is completed in a facility where you cannot take anything in with you, they put blue dye -

Pros

Awesome group of CM

Cons

Do not waste your time working for Terros. If you want burn out then Terros is great at that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terros. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.4
InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
4.9Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight