Tervis Employee Reviews

Was once a great place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLApril 17, 2019
Tervis used to be a great place to work. with a great management staff. However the Management all jumped ship and the people that took over have no experience at all in Factory management. This is evident by the fact that the average new hire quits around 90 day due to the poor work environment.
Pros
A/C factory
Cons
Harsh Chemicals
It sucked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  In StoreApril 13, 2019
The management was allowed to do as they pleased. My manager was turned in for harrassment and while it wasnt his first strike they kept him on because i was the newer of the two.
Pros
Good Product to be sellinh
Cons
They could care less about you as a person.
Very nice place
Decorator (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMarch 20, 2019
I really enjoyed the time I had there. The place was very nice, great opportunity to see how real factory's work. They treated their employees very nice.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
The people were hard to get to know. They was stuck up.
Constant change.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North Venice, FLMarch 14, 2019
Tervis is a company which is always pursuing a new endeavor which provides a lot of opportunity.
That being said, it can provide a lot of confusion and possibly an appearance of poor management.
Benefits and hours are very great.
They offer lunches and other employee oriented events throughout the year.
Best experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 20, 2018
This was my first really big girl job and I loved it. The management really takes time out of their day to make sure every associate is okay. They also show appreciation during holiday times by gifting each employee. Best first job ever!
nice product
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North Venice, FLOctober 23, 2018
good learning experience. was once dedicated to their employees. convenient location. nice employees. was open to cross training for all employees. good benefits.
Receiving Agent
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLOctober 22, 2018
I was at Tervis for 17 and a half years, I worked some time 7 am to 7 pm for inventory. Then some times during season 12 hour days. I gave this company my all. When my first grand child was born they wouldn't let me have time off. I was terminated after 17 years of NEVER CALLING IN SICK.Working when asked even on Sundays.
Pros
good heath insurance
Cons
did not care about you and your family.
Not a bad place to work but not a great place to work
Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLOctober 3, 2018
I was lucky enough to learn quite a bit at tervis. I started out in production , decorating, welding,prepping & packing. I applied for the cycle counter position after a year and a half in production and got the job. I am currently in inventory control and I handle the discount orders. I love staying busy and I work everywhere in the warehouse.
Pros
Paid lunch, discount on regular priced cups
Cons
They took away 401k match, took over half our discount away, no profit sharing, no incentive to do a better job, everybody gets the same percent of a raise if a raise is given
Very goal oriented place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Veince, FlSeptember 21, 2018
If you are a competitive person you will love working here... If you work on a robot its always a race with the decorator next to you and well as the packer for that decorator if you are in the other end prepping and packing.
Pros
Good working hours
Good people but poor policies
Worker (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLSeptember 11, 2018
A lot of good people at Tervis. Policies are very liberal. Even left of center. Tervis allows couples to work in the same department. Nepotism?? Surprised they can stay in business with their liberal policies. The H.R. department is a joke.
Pros
Lots of very nice people
Cons
Liberal policies
ONline business grest stores leaving
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 29, 2018
It would have been most excellent to work for the company if I was at the main headquarters but I am not. I worked at a store and the company is closing most of them because the online is taking over!
Great Product and Good Benefits
Associate (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJuly 25, 2018
Tervis offers a really cool product and the culture is fun and relaxed. It's a fast paced production environment in some areas. The benefits are good and PTO is comparable to other manufacturing companies in the area. The Human Resources team is really friendly and supportive.
Was an EXCELLENT place to work but constant switches in Management changed the "Family" , "Fun" company to more of a regular place to work.
Graphics Dept Admin Assist/Graphics Dept Support (Former Employee) –  N. Venice, FLJuly 24, 2018
When I first started working at Tervis the atmosphere was one of a workplace filled with happy people. Then they started taking benefits away, laying off people and changed the warm, friendly 'Open Door Policy' to that of perpetual 'Bad Morale' from Management and Workers.

I did learn a lot while working there. I had access to top of the line Graphics programs (Adobe Creative Suite) and great equipment to work with (ie: Roland Wide format printer, etc)

I really enjoyed the people I worked with and interacted with in other Departments as well.

I would still be working there if they hadn't laid me off.
Benefits
Cons
Not having job security during their constant change of management.
It's a job
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJuly 19, 2018
It's a job! You will like it or you won't. There is a lot of lifting, standing and walking involved. There is no monetary rewards if you exceed or excel there. You get the same raise as the ones that don't.(if they give a raise) Don't count on benefits, they come and go...mostly go. If you go to work there with the attitude that you just want to do your job and go home and you have an additional source of income, you should be fine there
Pros
It is air conditioned, nice break rooms with computers
Cons
This company is not for a one income person
Not what it used to be
Technical Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJuly 18, 2018
Terrible place to work. very poor management, preferential treatment, no work-life balance. I worked at Tervis for 10 years all to get laid off. Sometimes working 60-70 hours a week and giving up my nights and weekends. This place is a sweatshop, they use people up and spit them out just like they do plastic cups.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Poor Management, Lacking Benefits, No loyalty, No work-life balance
Fun Place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJune 18, 2018
Our costumers were just amazing,m they are fun people. The team we have makes Key West a better place to work :) Manager was excellent, same the regional manager. They was amazing people who cares about you. I was very sad to left the company, because i really enjoy working with them.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
I think they need to pays more base on cost of living in Key West
Very fast paced and poorly managed
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJune 18, 2018
Their business fluctuates too severely to rely on. They could be doing fine one minute and have plenty of over time, next minute they're cutting hours and laying off whole shifts.
Benefits
Cons
Unreliable
Good Riddance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CAJune 16, 2018
There are some good hardworking people at the Store Level. Unfortunately, their hard work and dedication continued go un-noticed by HQ leadership. Retail employees are not appreciated nor recognized for their contributions.

Nepotism, Cherry Picking, and Lack of Brand Identity have resulted in complete financial failure and utter chaos.

The Company is a prime example of attempting to go too big too soon and is on the brink of disaster. The company has been in a state of uncertainty for over 2 years resulting in mass
lay- offs and multiple store closures nationwide.

It is abundantly clear that the budgeting and execution of locations west of the Great Lakes was not well thought out. Creative and wishful accounting with unrealistic sales expectations in markets with no brand recognition will NOT set locations up for instant profitability. This is a prime example of poor planning on HQ’s end.

Throughout the years, the company provided zero field support to remote locations. Ethically, pushing pennies was more important than taking care of employees. Several Store Managers missed out on once in a lifetime events such as graduations and funerals because the company was simply too cheap to send another Store Manager to another location to help.

Benefits and Merit raises were taken away 2 years in a row. Employees were eventually forced to pay for their own parking in High Tourist Locations (extremely costly), which was included in the benefits package upon hire. Locations that were open on major holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas received no extra perks,
  more... not even a Starbucks on the company.

As the company became more desperate, even more pressure was put on Store Management. Store Management was expected to “cold call” big businesses with the expectation of landing bulk custom orders. Motivation and incentives at the store level were in the forms of clip art and “contests for bragging rights.”

The health and safety of employees was not taken seriously. The absence of an air conditioner for over six months in a “Hot” location is unacceptable. Particularly when it was continually communicated to HQ Supervisors and the HR department that several team members had health conditions requiring Air Conditioning.

Pushing pennies again became more important than the health and safety of employees. LED lighting was not serviced regularly. The absence of the majority of lighting caused it to be extremely dark in the store particularly at night which clearly is a safety issue not only for employees, but customers as well.

High toxicity level mold infested fixtures were “cleaned” and re-installed back into the interior walls.

Upon store closures, employees were not provided with proper severances. A 1K “bonus” was issued to Management and $500 to PT employees for the entire closure process. HR would not provide employees with a simple typed letter of employment verification of years worked for the company.

Employees were directed to melt the branding off of all cups with a soldering gun which ultimately destroyed the unique branding of the company’s own products with the intention of customers not being able to honor the company’s Made for Life return policy.
Prodictive, fast paced
Packing Associate (Former Employee) –  Nokomis, FLMay 12, 2018
Work is simple but fast paced competitive. The job is seasonal with limited permanent positions awarded based on productivity. Hours are steady and management is supportive. Merchandise discounts available in-factory.
Pros
Fast paced and steady schedule
Cons
Permanent jobs are limited
Had potential
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLApril 26, 2018
It's really too bad to see a fun job become stressful and taxing when it didn't need to be. The manager is manipulative and lies to get her way. The assistant manager was great. Too much drama for such a small store.
Pros
decent hourly rate
Cons
short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tervis. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight