Tesco

Tesco Employee Reviews

United States352 reviews

Found 352 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,742 reviews
colleagueshopshelfdiscounttillrolestockshift

The pay and the discount

For a company the pay is great although everyone who joins now is on a flexible contract meaning you won’t know what shifts you do each weeks and you’ll be on a contract less than 10 hours. They’re doing this ideally so you don’t get enough holiday pay and yiu can’t complain so it’s hard to balance your social life

El ambiente es bueno

Falta más creatividad de al compañía al empleado y seguridad industrial

Tesco insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Bad

Not a very good company to work for, too much work for so little reward. Maybe ok for part time if youre in uni or college. Id avoid it overall. Not a great place to be.

Managers don't really care or have a clue

Okay place to work whilst in college. Long term be prepared to just fade away. Managers don't care about their employees, they just want good overall stats for their store. Hr are just non existent anymore, it's been discontinued. Overall I enjoyed the friends I made but would never say to someone to work here. Customer walk all over employees even though you've been told to say one thing a manager comes down and basically talks over you.

Customer Assistant

Met some amazing people, but the management was terrible, had no idea how to support people. Also, management seem to think they're better than you because of their position, everyone's human at the end of the day.

Part of a team

Made to feel valued and part of a teamHours flexible and pay is decentOpportunities to progressCustomers can be very rude and demanding sometimes

No communication

Very poor communication or mixed communication at best. Zero accountability. No sense of belonging. Too many double standards. The bad are allowed to continue to get away with it whilst the good are put on even more to compensateThe tail wags the dog

Pros

Paid 4 weekly

Cons

Long hours. No leadership. No communication. No accountability. No real feeling of worth

Great people! Enjoyed the customer service side!

Loved working here! Got to work on different departments. Tills was my favourite, enjoyed chatting to customers as you scan their items! Also worked sometimes in the bakery to help out, which was great too!

Not great

Management is terrible, usually understaffed and no opportunity for overtime (they will hire more people though instead of giving existing staff members overtime)The people make it and it’s the best part about it. Many people are unhappy though and it makes working sometimes insufferable.

Decent part time job

Some good people are not the best company when it comes to management, staff retention, salary, and progression in regards to your career. A lot of favoritism between management and employees so if you're new you'll be worked hard and forced to do overtime

Pros

Free lunches for night shift

Cons

pay, hours, progression

Fun friendly place to work

During my time with Tesco I really enjoyed my job and had I not had other commitments at home I would have stayed. Fair pay and holidays and staff treated fairly and well.

Pros

Easy to work certain hours as needed

Cons

Some customers

ok at best

Ok to start at as a student or part time work. Can help with developing customer services skills which can take forward into different job. Discount is ok.

Fun job with good management and decent pay.

Efficient and fun workplace with decent pay and flexible work schedule. Management is attentive to your needs and upward mobility is encouraged. Benefits could be a little better.

Pros

Good upward mobility

Cons

Benefits could be better.

Understaffed and easily replaceable

Management don’t care about staff, flexibility is not something that is offered with many staff working late shifts 24/7, understaffed and overworked. Staff moved around departments constantly so there is little room for growth and getting comfortable in your role.

Pros

Pay, paid tea breaks, sunday pay

Cons

Limited hours, no flexibility, under appreciated

Boring job as a deli clerk but you can not expect more when doing this job

Typical job as a deli clerk, you work with food. It can get disgusting, especially when you are washing the dishes and there is a lot of food left. Sometimes there are rude customers, but you can not blame that on a job. It is a routine work which means that everyday is the same.

Excellent Management and Colleagues

Typically your day working within a Tesco Superstore can be repetitive. However I enjoyed working for this company because of the people. Management were absolutely amazing along with my colleagues. Over the years I spent working for Tesco I made life long friends which I still remain in contact with to this day. I learn a lot about leadership, Tesco provides opportunities to grow and learn especially if you wish to become management. Workplace Culture - Its Great, you have busy days almost every evening and weekend especially around the holidays. However a bit of humor and a good team work ethic helps reduce the stress. Hardest part of the Job, working public holidays. Most enjoyable part? - Interaction with the customers, people from all walks of life.

Tough

It is a great start up place but I would not recommend staying there too long if you are trying to better yourself as a whole. The pay is not that great and monthly.

Brisk but not rushed pace of work. Lovely customers and staff

I enjoyed working at Tesco. Friendly coworkers and flexible shifts. The customers were very polite and friendly. When the store was busy it was all hands on deck with even managers stepping in.

Pros

Flexible hours, supportive management

Cons

Short breaks

Great workplace

Good training provided on the job. Location was also great. I felt that everyone was very welcoming and that enabled me to develop my career at Tesco’s.

Temporary Job

Temporary role but enjoyed the experience. Great team and supportive manager. Varied opportunities. Option to transition to different teams was offered.

Pros

General benefits

Cons

Shift pattern didn't suit my schedule

Great part time job

Great experience for part-time work, management was understanding about hours. Never had a boring day, each would bring a new experience. Worst aspect of the job were rude duty managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tesco.
Powered byComparably