Tesco Employee Reviews

Found 255 reviews matching the search See all 12,951 reviews
Enjoyed the type of work I did there.
Welder/fabricator (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 25, 2018
Long hours, no benefits, low pay. Very hazardous and cramped working conditions. Hired through a placement company and promised to hire full time with benefits, but after 2 years, never did. Was laid off then later asked to come back to work again through placement company.
Opportunities to get on
Team/shift Leader (Former Employee) –  West MidlandsDecember 28, 2018
Within Tesco that ware ample opportunities to get on and move up the ladder. Take a lot of hard work and dedication to the job you do. The benefits are great and there is an incentive job bonus yearly.
Delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  SomersetJanuary 18, 2019
Good company benefits, but little support from managers, vans not kept up to a good standard and no understanding of family commitments, generally a good company though
No growth here
Facilities Maintenance TECH (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 24, 2018
Poor management, at the TESCO controls wwe make traffic panels wastewater panels and te water control panels. There goal is to keep the company to themselves and keep any outsiders out of the loop, they always said that the love of all money is the root of all evils and so true it is TESCO controls proved it 100 percent.
Pros
benefits ok
Cons
Management poor
The company is really good for gaining experience but not very good leadership
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2018
First starting here I was working outside and spent time inside vacant apartments and running OPC. But as time progressed things were no longer ran by communication, just based off the office wanted. Which is understandable but not when everything is so close together and they think you’re slacking when certain things don’t get done. They really like to point fingers and it always puts me in fear of losing my job. Besides the childish drama, the work pays well in wages and benefits.
Family owned and managed. Great people.
Property manager (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 17, 2019
Promotion from within is attainable, Company recognizes and rewards accomplishments, annual managers' seminar with job- related training provided, regional manager takes a personal interest in all employees at each site.
Pros
Reduced rent for employees, company pays 100% of health insurance premiums. Flexible when it comes to time off.
Cons
No dental insurance.
Quick paced customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DundeeNovember 20, 2018
Typical day of work is clocked telephone support. Times logged for breaks, etc.
The time spent here gave an extensive experience of varying customer service examples. Management were very professional and the work place culture was sociable if you opted in to social activities.
Hardest part of the job was ticket handling - mostly when system errors would occur. Some abuse from clients.
Most enjoyable part of the job was grateful customers.
Good management
Top Drive Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2018
Long hours and either no days off, or no work. Learned how to utilize and maintain multiple sizes of top-drives. Management was easy to get along with, and offered help over the phone when out in the field. The hardest part of the job was never knowing how long you'd be out in the field, or how long you'd be off. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the equipment.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
long hours and no set schedule
Good experience
IT Director (Head of IT operations and Projects) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 1, 2019
I had a good experience at Tesco. I was promoted multiple times and my work was always recognized. The pay was good, and the management looked after the people.
Productive and a fast-paced environment
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  County DublinJanuary 26, 2019
Maintaining an excellent level of customer service.
I learned how to work under pressure and communicate better.
Management is okay.
It is a friendly workplace.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Management could be better
Busy work place (supermarket)
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  England, ARJanuary 28, 2019
It was a quick paced set-up where i had to be on my toes all the time, ensuring i do not over price the customer. I interacted with different cultures since the environment in the city was cosmopolitan. It was a challenge trying to champion customer needs but made good sense of completion upon finishing a task assigned.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Had a good experience working for tescos
Assistant on shop floor (Former Employee) –  Whitworth way, wellingborough nn8January 9, 2019
I worked at Tescos for many years and only left for relocation. Again I worked in a variety of areas which made the day a lot ,more interesting. I would have no hesitation in returning to their employment.
Pros
Variety of positions and good colleages.
Cons
Store is in next town.
A great place to work with great support and advancement options
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dundee Customer Engagement Centre, ScotlandOctober 2, 2018
I love my job. My team are fantastic and my Manager is very supportive. I have been doing this role for 6 years and I still learn new things. We have a fantastic support network within the centre. We have plenty of opportunities to develop or advance and many areas of the business we can move in to. We work closely with Health and Safety Executives and Local Authorities to ensure that all legally reportable incidents are reported within the designated time scales. Every day is filled with a balance of serious work and lots of laughs with teammates. We are recognised for good customer feedback as well as hard work. This role has allowed me the opportunity to develop my skills and knowledge and recognizes the work I put in away from the office.
Pros
Pension scheme, shares, 10% discount with double discount twice a year.
Cons
Not a lot of overtime.
Payroll/ H/R Manager/Leave Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2018
This company is great! The salary range is a little low but they still pay for all medical, life, vision, STD, and LTD insurance for their employees. They also have a 401K and a retirement that is fully funded by them.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCFebruary 12, 2018
Great place to work. Great people, and paid well. They had awesome business ethics, and made sure their employees were taken care of. They offered benefits and paid on time. Hate they went out of business
Productive and fun workplace. Fabulous team spirit. Opportunity to grow and develop.
Human Resources District Generalist (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 19, 2019
It’s has been a fantastic journey. Always supported and motivated . Great leadership and amazing diversity. Encouraged to think outside the box and to bring your personality to work .
Pros
Diversity. Fun at work. Development and training.
Cons
Non
Operational Military Testing
Test Plans Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 7, 2018
This was a great job until 9/11. We would field and test new equipment for the military prior to them buying it. After 9/11 funding for these kinds of projects dried up and work started to swindle. I learned a lot while working there and it really helped set up my future career.
beck door checker (warehouse operator)
Warehouse operator (Former Employee) –  golden hill bristol 2October 27, 2018
I am work in beck door checker there are two shift work
first shift 6am start .second shift starting 2 pm
Tesco teem worker all very friendly and hones workers
Pros
nothing
Cons
half hour brek
the place sucked
Casing Installation Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  west texasNovember 13, 2018
it was poorly managed, under staffed. the equipment was sub par and was even rejected on a few job sites. the pushers are a bunch of kids with power and money. no good
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
everything else
Good pension
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lancashire, DENovember 20, 2018
Everyone can join in on many dressing up festivities which can be fun and keeps up morale. Lots of rappore with customers. Store Manager approachable. The what matters to you review which is your chance to comment on issues.
Pros
Cheap food in canteen Discount card and bonuses.
Cons
Flexi contracts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K
44.6K
33.1K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss