Tesco Employee Reviews

Polecam
Magazynier – Zastępca Kierownika Zespołu (Former Employee) –  CheshireSeptember 7, 2018
Firma godna polecenia. Bardzo dobre warunki pracy i zaplecze socjalne.
Great for all aspects of retail
Sr Business Systems Product Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 11, 2018
Great place for all levels to understand and advance in the retail space. Customer and employee centric except for certain corporate locations are top down in structure..
Tesco was an enjoyable place to work.
Assistant Manager/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Tesco Properties. I learned so much about property management. I enjoyed working with all the tenants and helping them establish a home.
Low company moral, no team support.
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2018
I would have preferred if they would hve listened to employee concerns and I would have like to see improvement with company morale. Incentives to help employees enjoy working at the company.
The company is really good for gaining experience but not very good leadership
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2018
First starting here I was working outside and spent time inside vacant apartments and running OPC. But as time progressed things were no longer ran by communication, just based off the office wanted. Which is understandable but not when everything is so close together and they think you’re slacking when certain things don’t get done. They really like to point fingers and it always puts me in fear of losing my job. Besides the childish drama, the work pays well in wages and benefits.
Don’t work over time
Shop floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 30, 2018
Good place to work , if management is not thief, they gave overtime and cheat with your overtime, environment is very nice all colleague are very friendly and helps each other. I would love to work there but not happy with overtime, management dose not pay exact overtime
Fun work
Self Employed Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rugby, NDJune 29, 2018
I live Tesco clotting deposit because I could afford a place to stay in rugby by myself...So move, but was so far from me, so I stopped to going. It was a nice place to work!
No growth here
Facilities Maintenance TECH (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 24, 2018
Poor management, at the TESCO controls wwe make traffic panels wastewater panels and te water control panels. There goal is to keep the company to themselves and keep any outsiders out of the loop, they always said that the love of all money is the root of all evils and so true it is TESCO controls proved it 100 percent.
Pros
benefits ok
Cons
Management poor
I enjoy working for Tesco
petrol station assistant (Current Employee) –  DevonJune 18, 2018
I have been working for Tesco for 9 years and I really get along with everyone I work with. Tesco has given me digger opportunity’s to work in multipule areas of the store which improves my knowledge with the company. The staff and managers are really friendly and are mostly easy to get along with.
Pros
Good breaks, good pay
Cons
Lack of contracted hours, not set shift patterns
It Varies for each individual
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  GwyneddJune 15, 2018
Some individuals thrive within the Tesco environment, I have seen someone shoot up from a customer assistant to a team leader within a year of service in the store with the potential to go further as a departmental lead in a lager store. However, I have struggled to find my true base within the company and while the atmosphere amongst staff is undeniably great, progression as a career is rather limited. Further hours were not offered to me through my part-time contract except overtime which was no guarantee every week.

Tesco also seems to have considerable problems paying its staff correctly, though as long as you keep on top of what you are owed and approach the pay officer within your store, it should be fixed by next pay day, but again, check that pay slip too.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not much room for progression in smaller shops
Great single mans job,struggle is real
Shop hand (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 13, 2018
All about the money, manager change every year almost. Poor management choices from upper management. great coworkers hard work not for the faint of heart. I love the pressure and the weight on my shoulders.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time here, it had quite a pleasant atmosphere and I was left to get on with my job. Shift work can be antisocial but that could be said of any place.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Antisocial
Calm environment with good employees
Torck turn tech. Tong operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 20, 2018
It's a good place to work there were some bump in the road along the way many that could have been resolved with more communication but overall a good company to work for and wouldn't have any problem working there again
Pros
Boot accounts at redwings
Cons
Only one set a year
Life at Tesco
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  VariousApril 7, 2018
Working at Tesco was at times enjoyable enough with great colleagues from across a variety of age groups, races and genders. Management and management styles varied with some being fair, helpful, understanding, supportive and others being the complete opposite. Some of the senior management team would be outwardly pleasant and approachable but in truth very untrustworthy and contradictory. The more senior the position the less you felt you could trust what they said.

The job in the main wasn't particularly stressful although that could change with the mood of the management or indeed the customers. A lot on emphasis was put on giving unhurried, excellent customer service,in practice this wasn't always possible because of the need to complete tasks and management not accepting the excuse you were assisting a customer.

As with any workplace employing over a 150 members of staff there could be clashes of personality and cliques were common place but staff were generally OK.
Pros
staff discounts, above minimum national wage pay rates
Cons
Management ideas from CEO down and the apparent lack of understanding of the impact, practicality, ridiculousness of their ideas!
Príjemná práca ktorá je mojím poslanim
Manažérka predajne (Current Employee) –  Ashland County, OHApril 3, 2018
Dobrá práca, kariérny postup, mám rada prácu s ľuďmi, je mojím poslaním, príjemné prostredie, dobrá práca s vedením, mám rada komunikáciu so zakaznikmi
Pros
Stravné lístky, zamestnanecká zlava
Cons
Všetko ok
Good First O&G Job
Down Hole Tool Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2018
I started at Tesco when I was young and it was a very good learning experience and taught me a lot of the O&G Industry and the different product lines and services provided.
My first job in a new country
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  HatfieldApril 1, 2018
I worked for Tesco when i was very young and a student in the UK. Enjoyed every minute of it. The people were nice and helpful . it was educational and I earned some extra cash as a student.
self-motivated, self -confident
werehouse (Former Employee) –  united kindomMarch 21, 2018
- I learn how to arrange stuff in Tesco
- Always busy
- My hardest part of the job is when am less busy,
- the most enjoyable part of the job is when you always busy
Pros
Free tea or coffee
Cons
shortbreak
Oil field
Safety Committee Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2018
Its the oilfield. its the oilfield. Its the oilfield. This is forcing me to leave a review. When signing up for a sight like indeed you shouldn't make it a requirement to rate an old company you worked for.
bought out
U.S. Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2018
This company was bought out. Had a real vision at first and had some really nice equipment. Unfortunately they were caught up in CD which eventually took them down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K
44.4K
33K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.