Tesla Motors Employee Reviews for Material Handler

meh
MATERIAL HANDLER (SEASONAL) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 16, 2018
not bad, but not good... really if you can, go somewhere else, but if you live to work and nothing else it's the perfect place for you. other than that decent pay and good benefits.
Pros
money
Cons
10+ hour work days 5-6 days a week sometimes all 7 days
Good pay, long hours
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 6, 2018
good benefits, fast paced, new factory with growing pains.
hardest part of the job was deciphering the layout of the plan where change was a constant
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
long shifts, confusion typical of all new operations
nice
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2018
Great place to work, not a lot of opportunity for advancement, the pay could be better. Management is fair and professional, most people are decent. i would recommend
if you have no life, apply here!
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 14, 2018
When I first came to Tesla I was excited, proud, and overall humbled that I was now part of the Tesla "team. HA! There is no such thing as "team" at Tesla. Is just like High School all over again! Only if you are well "liked" by your peers and managers is the only way you get to move up in that company. Once you're in- you are literally eating, breathing, and sleeping with "Tesla Motors". You have no life! You are expected to work 6 sometimes 7 days a week. Anywhere from 8 up to 12 hours. Forget about having a day off unless you have enough "PTO" to cover it. Oh, "PTO" and "sick days" apparently fall under the same category at Tesla. If you start at 6 am you must be there at 5 or earlier to get parking, NO JOKE!! I will never come back here.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Parking
Productive environment
Material Handler/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 30, 2018
It was a very productive environment to work in. The perks they offer to their employees made some of the stress and long hours worth it. It is a very exciting place to work, however, I feel as though the drama in between employees I've seen take place is a lot,
Tesla Review
Tesla Material Handler, and Forklift/ Tugger (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 13, 2018
Best Incorporation that i have came across with. I want to eventually come back to work for Tesla. It is actually my favorite company in the world and i love to work at their locations.
Fast Pace warehouse
Quality Control / Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAMarch 12, 2018
Employees come and go. They couldn't work the 10 to 12 hours shifts or never get enough recognition to advance. I wouldn't recommend anybody with a family to work there.
material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 12, 2018
it was ok. lots of OT but very tiring. very cold warehouse during the time I was employed. Great place to learn. If you need money, this place is great for you.
Fairly typical production/warehouse environment.
Material Handler/Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is having excellent rapport with my team. The least appealing part is navigating around a high volume of other employees. It is not a relaxing or restful place to eat lunch and unwind, have personal calls while on break or decompress in between job duties. There is a clear separation with the production floor and the office side, although open door approach is stated.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Breaks don't allow enough time to actually relax.
Tesla Motors
Material Handler/Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 6, 2018
I had a nice experience working with Tesla. The hours were nice, the people were nice they made sure that we were all ready and prepared to work and the have really large cafe's

Want to know more about Tesla Motors?

Ask a question
Great
Material Handler/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Great place to work. Team meeting before every shift all easy work just have to stay on top of out and get your job done and no one wool have to worry about you.
This place is a joke. Horrible environment
Hostler Driver/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  GigafactoryJanuary 31, 2018
This place is not all sunshine and rainbows as they tell you. Sure it pays good and benefits are great, but the environment is horrid. There's so much favoritism there it's not even funny. If you don't stay up someone's behind and smooch their rear end you're not goin to move up at all. Oh and the management team is a joke, leads, sups, and managers are trash. They don't give a bleep abut you or your ideas. They don't back you up on anything. They don't give a bleep about what's happening as long as their behind isn't catching heat from anywhere. All the rules and policies they have in place doesn't get enforced and if you mention it and bring it up they treat you like your wrong. Nobody follows any of the rules but heaven forbid you don't! They'll flame you so hard yet they same person reprimanding you won't do it to a other colleague that violated the se rule or policy, the one reprimand in you doesn't even follow it themselves lol. Working here was stressful as a mother, and miserable. I've never hated a place as much as this one.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
Environment, atmosphere, attitude, management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 26, 2018
Extremely fun and room for advancement. Very detail oriented people who strive to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. Supervisors know what they are doing.
Fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 17, 2018
Some days can be very slow, but it is a very fun place to work. It can at times become Monotonous. The hardest part of the job for me was getting all the virtual transactions down. But once i did the job became fun for me
Pros
Being a part of something special
Cons
Under paid
Satisfied
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Tesla but Panasonic offered me a whole new challenge which is what I wanted. I had never been pursued by a company the way Tesla pursued me
Pros
Envirnment is great but the work was not managed properly.
Cons
The trip from my car to my work place was a mile and one half
Fast paced, but can be very fun.
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 8, 2017
This was a great change from my previous job working in customer service for 5+ years. I have a very high work ethic and thought this would get me somewhere. I have now been there for nearly a year and a half and still have my same job title with next to zero career advancement. I have been very outspoken about my goals and have interviewed and applied for other positions. I have a stellar attendance record and a great attitude. This has been my experience. The company itself seems to have a leg up on most, but I feel burnt out and underappreciated.
Pros
Health benefits, stock awards, competitive pay
Cons
Parking, occasional weekend work, Us vs. Them mentality
Production Department / Overall Good
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 29, 2017
Stable Hours, no real formal training, anyone teaches you. Overall it was good. Interesting place to work for. Also room for growth if you seek out for it.
Review of Tesla
Proudction Assoicate - Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 30, 2017
Management could be better and "Leveling up" should be mandatory every 6 months. It seems that it is very hard for my co-workers to level up, especially since they have been at Tesla for quite some time (1-4 years and still no raise).
Pros
Free cereal and fountain drinks
Cons
Long work hours and sometimes make you work on the weekends.
no life
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  usaSeptember 17, 2017
I great place to work, excellent teamwork but you are overworked and you work extremely long hours. so you have no personal life.would be perfect if you have no family and live close
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
no personal life and low pay
Poor management. Racial biasis. Over worked employees
Material Handler Temp (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 24, 2017
Wasn't a good experience at all. The money was cool though but after that it becomes a miserable place to spend 12 hours a day. I hear its 3 shifts now instead of 2.
Pros
Money free cereal and orange juice/milk
Cons
everything else sadly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla Motors. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

67out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tesla Motors.