Tesla Motors Employee Reviews for Production Associate

Found 128 reviews matching the search See all 1,153 reviews
If you are young and willing to put in the time, perfect
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 18, 2018
Tesla is a great company. I love what they are doing for the world and the planet. If one could sustain a home life working 12 hour days, 5 days a week, the overtime itself is worth it. A typical day starts at 5:30 AM and ends at 7:00 PM when you get home. sometimes the tasks are stressful, sometimes they are mundane. There is room for advancement if you want to go down the supervisor route. People commute from all over the bay area to work there because you cannot get a higher paying job without a degree or work experience in a higher paying field.
it was ok
Fremont - Production Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 16, 2018
Tesla, Inc. and its affiliates (“Tesla”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Policy explains Tesla’s policies and procedures regarding information we collect from or about our customers and their use of our products and services. Tesla intends to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how we collect, use, share, and safeguard information that we collect. This Privacy Policy also explains how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns. By providing information to us or by using our products or services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Policy.
Fast Pace Enviorment
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 6, 2018
Tesla for the most part is a very fast paced work place. You have to get your job done in a set period of time. If you don't you are working in someone elses work station. Where I work out in the factory is a great place. I have outstanding managers, supervisors, and leads..
ok job
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 5, 2018
Working at Tesla, you're guaranteed long hours, Stressful days and a lot of time away from your family. Management can be hard to deal at times. Overall, this job is not bad, so as long as your coworkers are great to work with.
Great Job with opportunity
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 5, 2018
I love this job, easy and pays well but not for the surrounding areas. Task are hard at first but will get easier and simpler to do once you get the hang of it.
Pros
Easy, pays well.
Cons
Need roommates to save.
Very Productive
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 23, 2018
A typical day working at Tesla was building cars putting them together with the help of machines. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to put a car together piece by piece from ground up.
Underpaid in one of the most expensive regions in the world
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 22, 2018
Underpaid in one of the most expensive regions in the world.
Long hours, long commute because you can't afford to live near by with what they pay you sadly.
Pros
Free cereal. Medical, dental, coffee.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, NEMay 21, 2018
High school atmosphere They don't communicate well ..Your lost on how to do benefits and berivement they just leave you on your on trying figure out a lot of stuff.
Benefits
Cons
No life
Business first work setting
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Tesla motors and the work was easy to adapt to. However my time at Tesla motors was thru a contracting agency so it was a month to month basis. I was in the process of being hired as a permanent associate when the company decided to terminate my contract. Many believe this is based off the fact that they rather hire new waves of temps then hire on the old ones and give them benefits. Tesla is good to their full time employees but treat their contractors as very disposable. I would recommend going thru the permanent hiring process as opposed to working thru a staffing agency.
Pros
Good Pay, Consistent hours.
Cons
No benefits for contractors
Don't drink the Kool-ade
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 18, 2018
Harassment of all nature.
The job is super simple, set up to be idiot proof.
Super competitive.
Lots of politics.
Management is unprofessional.
Majority of the production crew uses some sort of controlled substance
Lot's of down time due to parts not being ordered on time or automation malfunctions.
Pros
free munchies in cafeteria, great benefits, decent pay.
Cons
long hours, unprofessional management.
great company
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 11, 2018
great leadership, great coworkers. advancement is quick and up to each individual. you progress at your own pace while still receiving challenge. tesla is very innovative .
Pros
challenging work
Cons
my hours were cut
Ok place to work management not good
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 27, 2018
Be on time don’t use phone at work always try to be on time and no calling off. Very hard to get leveled up or get advanced. Scheduling is not the best.
My Views
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 25, 2018
Working at Tesla is competative and is just a commute. They provide every essential to be able to work and show up. Work seems to repetitious for my life style. Need more tech ician role. H&R seems confused.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 23, 2018
Great atmosphere to work in. Not much physical labor. Clean and very well-kept work conditions. Amazing work schedule. Relaxed work. Able to climb the ladder to take your career to new heights.
There's nothing hard about the job at all.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Walking distance to the lockers and back to the factory floor
its a alright place to work at
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 14, 2018
it was good money , good people , just the management was horrible . Short breaks , rude managers, just nothing that great about it , but you do make decent money
Pros
good money
Cons
short breaks
tough
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 11, 2018
The work is easy but the balance between work and personal life is tough when you get placed on graveyard shift. They wont always work around your schedule so if you're placed on graveyard you're basically stuck there.
Pros
free coffe, drink, and cereal.
Cons
short breaks
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 11, 2018
The work is intellectually stimulating.. Great benefits. Great culture and community. Talented leadership with years of experience. challenging work that requires you to always be on your A-game.
Great place
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 11, 2018
They are a great company to work for as long as your not across of hard work. Advancement opportunities are there. The atmosphere was very positive. Everyone feels like family. They care!!!
Pros
Worked great for my lifestyle
No comment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 7, 2018
Working at Tesla is the best feeling ever and the managers and the people are so friendly and they treat you like a family. I love everything about the company.
Good job
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 4, 2018
Easy going, good people, fun and exciting. They listen to ideas and if you’re a good working advancement comes to you. Very positive atmosphere and high quality equipment to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla Motors. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tesla Motors.

Powered by Comparably