Tesla Employee Reviews

Found 1,332 reviews matching the search See all 1,481 reviews
N/a
URS/SR (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2018
Overall good company to work at. Workplace culture is okay if coworkers are good

Huge con:
Current management and HR partners in specific departments/regions do not listen to employee's complaints or concerns.
Pros
Healthcare, Leave options, other benefits
Cons
Unpaid lunch
Intense workplace ethics, constantly changing,
Sr. Inside Delivery Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
Great work environment and much company drive towards the "mission".
Hard to grow outside of sales if not located near a Headquarters or in California.

Great company to work for for anyone looking to start a career in customer service and feel as if you are part of a change.
Pros
Work hard play hard
Cons
Higher Management communications. Knowing updates as soon as customers do.
Don't do it
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CANovember 15, 2018
Long hours, no promoting for work done because of skills, only play favorites to ones that sale other employees out or throw them under the bus. My manager knew logistics ,but lacked at promoting skilled workers for what they new especially the women at Tesla, and kepted unskilled and whistle blowers close to him, because he was so controlling in that environment and used the unskilled workers for his advancement because they did not know better. The hardest part of the job, lack of training, wrong people in management and people not tested or put through classes for there skills and he put them in Team Leader positions and other positions not skilled at and they had no skills, just skills to throw people under the bus.Not good environment to much favortism, the most enjoyable part was my job and the benefits.
Pros
Benefits/Vacation
Cons
No test for advancing, Raise alright, moral down, back stabbers
Tremendous culture...visionary management...but terribly long hours
National Program Manager- Store Manager Training (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 15, 2018
My 8 years at Tesla was the pinnacle of my professional career. I've met some of the most brilliant, passionate people, presented products and innovations that were revolutionary, and literally changed the global dynamic of the automobile. I had an incredible Regional Manager. Elon is a God among men. And I left with memories that will last a lifetime. 2 years later, and I regret whole-heartedly walking away...
Pros
Everything...except the long hours
Cons
Long hours. No private life
No work life balance. Very challenging work environment.
Senior Staff Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 15, 2018
Morale has become quite low. The work pace is very intense and the expectations are often unrealistic. The demands never cease and there is no work life balance. But it’s a good place to build a career because I’d you want to work crazy hours you get promoted and can move up through the ranks pretty quickly.
Pros
Always learning.
Cons
No retirement matching.
No work-life balance
CES (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 15, 2018
No work life balance. Low some people get paid a lot more for the same position. It’s all but kissing to get ahead. Manager push, push, push and make you believe in Tesla’s mission in order to exploit you and overwork you. People were cool though, young crowd mostly. Large turnover.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes when it got super busy
Cons
30 min break and 90% of the time had to work through it. No work life balance.
Tesla Motors Review
Inventory, Operations Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 14, 2018
Tesla was a once in a lifetime experience, the environment was fast paced, I learned that one must think quick and be lean with decision making if you wish to excel at a company with so many smart minds all working towards the same objective. Sustainable transport would change the world for the better. The people there work hard, that's for sure.
Pros
Free soda machine and cereal
Cons
Rent in the bay is always expensive
A proper work life balance has no palce at Tesla Motors.
Lead Material Handler / Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 14, 2018
12 hour shifts or more, 5 days a week are extremely grueling. Even more so when you are not properly compensated for your work performance and being a team player is claimed to be of such high a value to the work culture. Punctuality is key to the production business. However, I feel Tesla cares more for hitting numbers than job performance.
Pros
Free Cereal, Coffee, pay
Cons
Hours, family life, advancement, reviews
Good Company
Detail, Sales, Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 14, 2018
Working at a service center is faced paced but a lot more rewarding than any "big-oil" dealer. Back in "the old days" the perks for new hires were more than gracious. I've read you no longer get the stock options that would literally buy you a modest house later in life if you weren't blowing it on new iPhones and Chinese made designer- consumer goods.
loyalty was not rewarded
Interconnection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 13, 2018
I worked with SolarCity originally and then transitioned to Tesla after they purchased SolarCity in 2016. The two companies could not be more different. Tesla continually asked more and more of my team and it required us to consolidate 4 jobs into one. In the end, it was all for naught. they ended up terminating all Solar jobs in my state and gave us no opportunities to transfer prior to letting us go despite their urgent need. I was not put into a position to succeed, you will be placed in high visibility projects with little resources available and no road map. My management in my department level was great, but a new VP who took over energy was completely ignorant to our business need and tried to convert us into a mimicry of Amazon.
Pros
Name is cool, I guess.
Cons
No work/life balance, low morale, high expectations, low comp, no food on-site, no separate PTO/sick time
Awesome
Production associate model (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 13, 2018
Great place to work, I would really recommend it to anyone, if you like getting paid a lot of money to have a lot of fun all day I would greatly recommend.
Productive and great place to work
NPI Material Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 12, 2018
It has been great place for me overall to polish my skills and learn some new skills as well. A fast paced environment and surrounded by really intellectual people.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2018
Was a great environment of people to work for and under. Magazine subscription to a few day conferences out of state. Friendly and nice people. Answering phones and emails.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and no health insurance
productive
DMV Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 10, 2018
Comfortable work environment. The people could be a littlle nicer. The hours are great perfect job for someone who has a lot of time on their hands and has no kids.
Service Advisor
Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 10, 2018
I joined Tesla 2 years ago. Its very cool being apart of the electric car movement! To start off with the management at Tesla across the board is terrible. They are not from the automotive industry and they do not know how the industry operate.
The cars break way to much for a car that is promised to not need service as much as an ICE vehicle. They do not care about the employees whatsoever. The service center moral is always low and depressing.
I'm still with the company so I'm an a disgruntled employee. I speak for all Tesla employees. Tesla treat there all employees like slaves. They make all employee work open to close if management fails. There is no structure at this company. Tesla is an automotive manufacture with a tech industry mind set which does not work. Tesla builds vehicles that people need to depend on to get them to and from work, home and destinations safely. These cars break down way to much.
I do not recommend working for this company!!
Still merging in
Energy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 9, 2018
Would love to share my reviews during interview only or upon asked . TESLA is a brand to work for . But as an individual we have our own strengths and weakness .
Pros
Great brand to work for
Cons
Imbalance
team building was okay
Powertrain Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 9, 2018
Perfect for the person that likes to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Remain flexible with every new task assigned. Employee stock purchase program.
Pros
Free breakfast, team environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Parking, Management
Fast paced and very good pay
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 8, 2018
Tesla gave me great benefits and help me support my family and gave me enough pay to provide what I need on a day to day basis. They provided almost all kinds of help to be able to get to the job safely and ready
Fun place to work but the company changes too fast for its own good
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 8, 2018
It was difficult to work at Tesla knowing you had very little job security. Priorities changed so fast you rarely had enough time to actually implement a plan to achieve the desired results.
Poor management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 8, 2018
I was very excited about working here. As a production worker I can tell you working at Tesla is no joke, you’ll have coworkers yelling at you to hurry up and shaming you when do wrong. I complained several times to my supervisor about my horrible lead who was nothing but a bully. Nothing was done till I couldn’t take it no more and was left in tears. By that point no one wants to work at your company. There’s people who work their that are not doing their jobs right and are preventing others from advancing. I was the best in my station and learned everything in the first week. I left because I felt like I was in high school and I just left high school.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Competition pressure stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

14%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss