Tesla

United States4,967 reviews

Found 4,967 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,238 reviews
solarcitysolarcerealelonenergymuskcarmission

Productive workplace

Great working environment, stressful at times. Great benefits offered by Tesla. Opportunities endless for advancement. Great management and upper management

Task driven, project oriented production job.

Tesla will work you 50 hours a week, non stop. They have a great benefits package and even entry level employees get stock options. If you take a customer facing job you will face daily challenges as Tesla has a non existent customer focus. Week long wait times for responses from other departments. Months with issues not getting resolved. Teslas customer service infrastructure is the inverse of their charging networks.

Tesla insights

Based on 3,200 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Tesla is a pro at wasting talent and management is so bad

Unless you kiss but or have buddies that are already in a management position, it is pointless to try and work here and have a future. Management is overpaid and never around, the amount of egos that wok here is so bad.

Pros

People think your cool for working at tesla

Cons

Management doesn't care about good ideas, unless they had it

Pure chaos

This company has an extremely high turnover rate and after just two weeks in I could tell why. It is only about numbers. The meetings are just about numbers, no room for process improvements, ideas for or from employees, no team building or suggestions or any kind. Just show up hit your numbers (Don't go home until you do) and leave. No one takes any breaks and that is the culture there.

Pros

Cons

No breaks. Limited movement allowed within the company. Terrible communication on all levels

Management has favorites

All money isn’t good money. They treat you like a number. Management has favorites, and moving up the ladder is possible but you have to put in years. Wasn’t the job for me.

No job security

No job security. Although it is a great place to work, you never know what the new day will bring. Sometimes even management doesn't know what to do next

Not getting paid overtime

I worked 12 hr shifts and never got paid overtime . We rotated days. Work three days on and three days off and I never got paid overtime. That's one of the main reasons why I left Tesla

Willing to promote quickly

Very good work environment. The work/life balance is hard with 12 hour days and 2 hour commute if you don't live close to the factory. Pay is great and can work a lot of overtime if you ask management.

Pros

Free soda, coffee and snacks. The 3/4 schedule

Cons

Forced vaccinations

Amazing company

Love working at Tesla!!!It is a great company with a lot of growing opportunities.Tesla provides free breakfast, the environment is great and tesla has the best benefits in the market.

Extremely repetitive

At tesla you will be asked to do repeated tasked for 12 hours upwards of 300 times. If that sounds good to you then I recommend, If not then you will not last long here. The turnover rates in my area are very high.

Challenging and very rewarding

Tesla is a company on fire. The explosive production of the last couple years has created a challenging work environment, however I have never been treated so well. If you have skills, this company will reward you... big time!

Pros

High pay

Cons

Long Shifts

Hr is terrible and management will stab you in the back for the "good of the company" and I mean their career.

Tesla has ok pay and great benefits. With motivation you can move up and learn alot. Due to poor hiring and management they can move you around on a whim, change your job and cut your pay. There is little job security.Employees who do little are often overlooked and left around to do so.Hr provides little of promotion paths and cares very little about "you" cog in the machine

Pros

Health insurance Free lunch 12 hour shifts

Cons

Hr Management

No Raises even when getting promotoed

Started with a low ball offer, did all the training to advance 2 levels and still no raise or promotion. Management constantly lies and HR is no help. I've had 11 different schedules in 15 months. It a complete horror here and only getting worse. plus the cars are junk and poor quality.

Terrible

Not enough time for breaks, extreme hot condition, bosses aren’t helpful. This place is a complete mess do not waste your time! Run and I mean RUN from this job

You will have no life it’s 12 hour shifts and hard Manuel labor you only get ahead if you’re a favorite and it’s a hazardous working condition great benefits though

Okay workplace

My typical day at work started at 5:30 people that worked there were friendly it was the leads that tried so hard to poke you and make you quit the supervisors were friendly

Good job, stability issues

The decision to bring everyone in from work from home without any notice resulted in loss of workforce and the employees still working with a huge workload.

Training on robotics, free medical

Productive and fast past. Numbers are big there. Production has to make demands and maintenance pauses the production with PMs and cause majority of the downtime. On the positive side you get free robotics training, breakfast(cereal), fountain drinks.

Happy to help change the world

This isn’t an easy job but it’s very rewarding. I have no complaints beside wish it was more of a priority to promote from within. Otherwise pay is fantastic, benefits are amazing and the people are all likeminded.

Hot! Hot! Hot! Factory

So I tried to work at the gigafactory Texas and I was so excited to be a part of tesla finally. The factory us at about 100° F anywhere in it. Everybody in Mt orientation group was sweating profusely and I sweat alot more than most people so that made my sweating just ridiculous. I had to leave for this reason but it does seem like a place to make good money. You also have to park a mile away and take shuttles to get to the front door so be prepared to get there super early and leave super late.

Pros

Good money possible

Cons

The heat inside the factory

Awesome atmosphere fast paste work environment great coworkers

Working at tesla was a great experience. Definitely a company on a mission to change the world for the better. High stardard work environment fast paste and educational. The management is unorganized at times. Tesla is a great experience for anybody.

Common questions about Tesla

Answered by current and former employees at Tesla

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight