Tesla
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Tesla Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Great working environment, stressful at times. Great benefits offered by Tesla. Opportunities endless for advancement. Great management and upper management
It's just like every article in the news. They get tons of applicants and they handpick their teammates. Not like any other dealership experience. Lots to learn and lots of support.It's really up to you on how the experience will be. Need to be open to changes and adapt quickly.
Pros
Clean environment, benefits, stock, culture, team environment, tools provided, lots of space, the mission is clear
Cons
Parking on site. Very minimal stuff. Nothing really to complain about.
division has since closed and all of the employees like myself were let go with NO options to reline within the company. I would not recommend this company
Good experience and good management . The coworkers was great to work with. Learned a lot there. Enjoyed the time I worked there. My manager was great and taught me a lot.
I had an interview there last mouth and it took them 3 weeks to tell me I'm not qualified to wash a car even tho I work there before it was a temporary job. With all honesty the guys who interview me were very respectful and professional and I was very nervous and didn't live up to my expectations to answer the questions very well. I have anxiety and depression and very bad mood swings. I tried my best to remind calm but oh well
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Unrealistic goals are set that constantly change, no set procedures on how day to day office functions are run. Management wants to be able to sit back and check boxes instead of work directly with their team.
Tesla is a product that I believe in 100%. Going green/electric is the future and Tesla does it the best. Unfortunately the company doesnt know how to cherish their hard working staff. During my year at Tesla I witnessed 3 Major layoffs. That wasn't great for the morale of the remaining employees. The DGM that I worked for was cold and not personable. The managers were cryptic and erratic.
Pros
Good benefits, good commission
Cons
Massive Layoffs, clique like environment.
It can get stressful with the constant changes but with a good team and an even better Manager, you can definitely get through it. Everyone is always hands on with helping and you are never fully alone.....BUT YOU MUST BE READY TO WORK!!!! You are on that Sales floor like Soldiers on the front lines! Sometimes its even hard to take a break. Make sure if you apply that you have a sales mentality, "Go hard or go home" attitude and most importantly.....YOU BELIEVE IN THE VISION!!! If you have these things, you may even enjoy the work.
Pros
too much to count
Cons
better vehicular deals for emploees
The company did a great job of paving the way for other companies in the solar industry however, was not perfect. Kind of a moot point now though, as SolarCity no longer exists.
Pros
Wide Range of Service and Sustainable Alternatives
Cons
No Longer In Business
they do not value their employees, there is no work life balance. even when you are on vacation you have to answer phones and answer emails. you are working 24/7.
I joined Tesla 2 years ago. Its very cool being apart of the electric car movement! To start off with the management at Tesla across the board is terrible. They are not from the automotive industry and they do not know how the industry operate. The cars break way to much for a car that is promised to not need service as much as an ICE vehicle. They do not care about the employees whatsoever. The service center moral is always low and depressing. I'm still with the company so I'm an a disgruntled employee. I speak for all Tesla employees. Tesla treat there all employees like slaves. They make all employee work open to close if management fails. There is no structure at this company. Tesla is an automotive manufacture with a tech industry mind set which does not work. Tesla builds vehicles that people need to depend on to get them to and from work, home and destinations safely. These cars break down way to much. I do not recommend working for this company!!
Crews became bonded with the hard work we did every day. Began as though everyone appreciated the work we did then management changed and so did the environment.
Great place to come to work for it was the people that made it great! the mission was just a plus. It was a good time in working and learning from logistics to cost analyst
Cons
not enough pay for the work
I worked here for 3.5 years. I was walked all over by the carpet jockeys in the office as in you aren't rewarded for working hard and submitting to their standards. Work here if you like a cut throat management and no job security. They promote people that kiss a55 before hard workers. I had a horrible experience working here.
Pros
Cheap health insurance
Cons
Less than 40 hours of work a week
The organizational goals are great and quality of product was top notch - the work day was full of movement and interaction - however, since it was customer facing and commission based, it's easy to get worn out.
Pros
Mission, Product, Culture
Cons
Organizational Structure, Fluctuating Sales Tactics
Excellent training, with clear and concise advice and role play! The team members I worked with were the BEST! A great purpose and goal-oriented company, but be prepared for CONSTANT CHANGE!
Pros
support!
Cons
change constantly
I could never relax, I was always worried about not making my monthly quotas. They are not forgiving of market slumps. It was a roller coaster. Fun while it lasted, but definitely not a sustainable work/life balance. The people who thrived in this position were single and no responsibilities outside of work.
Too much was required of me when I was not clocked in. Hi-stress with quotas and deadlines. Base pay is better than fair (considering similar positions) - with commission bonus the sales/lead generation positions could pay well. If you are a go getter you can advance here but you will need to make good relationships with higher up's 1st.
Pros
elon musk, brand, pay, growth potential
Cons
stressful deadlines & quotas, poor communication, constant changes
I worked for SolarCity which was acquired by Tesla in November of 2016. I had a great manager that was very supportive. the experience was great and I will work for tesla again if giving the chance.
It is a sales environment that is extremely micro managed, to the point it's makes customers uncomfortable, because of the aggressive nature of the mandated sales process.
Pros
Excellent products.
Cons
Better products in pipeline that are advertised however not available.
It's a very rewarding job with great people and great management. It has opportunities for everyone in an enormous company that's now owned by Tesla. From operations, design, logistics, to graphics, and IT, there's a role for everyone. Though safety requirements conflict with company incentive bonus programs, the company is diligent about ensuring worker safety in the field. On the sales side, the company works to both encourage our numbers at the same time as making sure we're happy with our jobs. Sales is tough because there's so much objection and rejection during each day but the rewards are fulfilling.
Pros
Changing the world
Cons
inconsistent pay
  1. Employee Reviews