Tesla Employee Reviews

Found 1,491 reviews matching the search See all 1,646 reviews
Not what is used to be
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Tesla has been going down hill, not very happy with the direction of leadership. Reported to multiple managers in less than a year, wild changes in strategy.
Tesla
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2019
if you like benefits and good pay this is the place for you
fast pace environment good vibes from employees just beware they layoff handful of people out of nowhere
Pros
healthcare
Cons
layoffs
constantly walking on eggshells
Lead Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 21, 2019
the culture with regular hourly associates was great. Management team was always secretive to minor information. i loved working around the people all over the company
Pros
people
Cons
short lunch
Enjoyed my time at Tesla, very friendly and helpful co_workers
Sr Manufacturing Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Stated work around 6:30 Am finishing up at around 5 PM, five days a week. Worked numerous weekends to install equipment on production lines and to make deadlines. Used my design skills without interference for mechanical design work. Data was provided for envisaged requirements to created viable solutions, some straight forward and others challenging my skills to the maximum ,timelines were very tight due to the nature of business. With regards to hardware and software to perform duties and safety equipment, only the best supplied.
Really great computer network for all personnel data: paystubs w-2 and the like. If working in the Tesla Fremont plant well appointed food areas with mico wave ovens free drinks and breakfast food.

From my experience a good company to work for
Pros
Good benefits
Tesla is a great company to work for
Ces (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJanuary 21, 2019
Working at tesla was awesome it has a very supportive culture and a strong driven core to the workers which is motivating. I learned alot working at tesla and would definitely work for the company again unfortunately it was a seasonal gig but everybody is treated equal and strive for excellence in their respective roles
Fun fast pace place to work
Production Supervisor CNC Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 20, 2019
very fast paced work environment, make decisions on the fly. made you think on your feet and come up with answers asap. work day would fly by due to the fast work
Powertrain Dept
Lead Material Handler /Production Control Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Powertrain is the main backbone of the company. Electrics, SuperChargers, Gen 2/3, Packline, Modules, SDU, Inverters, LDU Enclosures, Spine/Auxilary Stators and Repack Area are all great sections to the departments.
Pros
Work is constant
Cons
Weekends are off and on
No accountability
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 20, 2019
There is absolutely no accountability! Its the sole reason for the failures of the company. HR is horrid on every level. No respect for the people that have truly worked hard to see the company succeed.
Pros
Medial benefits are pretty good
Cons
too many to list
Productive and fun
Professional Detailer (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 19, 2019
Clean environment, productive and relaxed. It was fun because you get to sit in nice cars and break time was also relaxed. Supervisor was very helpful
Pros
Break time
Fast pace and challenging
Associate Manager Engineering (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Tesla's workplace is fast pace and challenging. There's a drive to significantly streamline all work processes, including customer's interface with Tesla. New products and workflow technologies are being introduced on a frequent basis to help facilitate continual improvements throughout Tesla.
Competitive work place
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538January 19, 2019
I loved working at tesla despite the poor communication from upper management. I've learned a lot of technical/people skills. I enjoyed working at tesla and i highly recommend this company. I'm very competitive person and for me everyday is a learning process I learned something new everyday.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
parking lot is disaster
Temp Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2019
This by far was the worst experience of my life! I was hired as a temp employee, and was thrown on the phone in about 4 days! How would they expect anybody to learn anything like that?!! The assignment was supposed to be from 12/10/18 to 03/10/19,but they let me and some other people go on 01/03/19! Right after the new year??? Are you serious??!!! Who does that???!! I’d never work at this place again!
Pros
$15 per hour, discounts
Cons
No training, managers never told you how safe your job really was
Do Not Work Here
Inside Delivery Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2019
The company may have great products, but the culture, the work ethic, the environment is toxic. Management do not know how to manage. There is no job security. You may have a job one day and then be unemployed the next.
Pros
It offered health insurance.
Cons
Everything.
I love this job I want to go back
Brake Line Installer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I love this job I would love to have another opportunity to go back permanently I had a great experience help building the model three I had a great experience whole building that model X and the model S also great environment you can have a career in this job it’s great job security great people to work around and is part of the features in the way of the future and great benefits the list can go on man so like I said again would love to go back!!
Wtf
Material Handler (Production Control /Model 3) (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Upper management shows favoritism over hard work for advancement within. All leads do nothing but point fingers and take credit for others' hard work. They constantly cut days off of you shift.
Pros
benefits, stocks
Cons
management, leaders, salary
Average for right now
Production Worker Model 3 Car (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 17, 2019
Depending if i can relocate due to job restrictions I will write a different review. Right now i'm just looking for a job i can work at for a long time.
Good company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Great compensation and benefits. Very volatile working environment and unstable. They truly care about employees and promoting within. Great talented employees
Fituris automotive (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Love working being a responsible worker berry good people person very good at teamwork And I have very good communication skills an I’m also forklift certified an I have my class b permit
Pros
Free lunch gym
Cons
Short breaks health care
Terrible management
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 17, 2019
I really enjoyed my job at Tesla. The most major problem in production is that they promote very young kids who have no experience or work ethic, and put them in charge. The supervisors are equally young and do not know how production really works. They say safety is their priority, and quality is too. Neither of these are true
Cons
Constant drama
Great company and CEO
Inside Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2019
The culture is good but it can get draining to do sales at Tesla due to the tough obstacles to reaching objectives. Great product and evolution but hard to move forward from role

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight