Tesla
62Average
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Tesla Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA17 reviews
Productive workplace
Great working environment, stressful at times. Great benefits offered by Tesla. Opportunities endless for advancement. Great management and upper management
Good experience and good management . The coworkers was great to work with. Learned a lot there. Enjoyed the time I worked there. My manager was great and taught me a lot.
Unfair
I had an interview there last mouth and it took them 3 weeks to tell me I'm not qualified to wash a car even tho I work there before it was a temporary job.
With all honesty the guys who interview me were very respectful and professional and I was very nervous and didn't live up to my expectations to answer the questions very well. I have anxiety and depression and very bad mood swings. I tried my best to remind calm but oh well
Stressful for no reason
Unrealistic goals are set that constantly change, no set procedures on how day to day office functions are run. Management wants to be able to sit back and check boxes instead of work directly with their team.
Awesome Mission, Poor Leadership
Tesla is a product that I believe in 100%. Going green/electric is the future and Tesla does it the best.

Unfortunately the company doesnt know how to cherish their hard working staff. During my year at Tesla I witnessed 3 Major layoffs. That wasn't great for the morale of the remaining employees. The DGM that I worked for was cold and not personable. The managers were cryptic and erratic.
Pros
Good benefits, good commission
Cons
Massive Layoffs, clique like environment.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Depends on what you are looking for
It can get stressful with the constant changes but with a good team and an even better Manager, you can definitely get through it. Everyone is always hands on with helping and you are never fully alone.....BUT YOU MUST BE READY TO WORK!!!! You are on that Sales floor like Soldiers on the front lines! Sometimes its even hard to take a break. Make sure if you apply that you have a sales mentality, "Go hard or go home" attitude and most importantly.....YOU BELIEVE IN THE VISION!!! If you have these things, you may even enjoy the work.
Pros
too much to count
Cons
better vehicular deals for emploees
stressful job
they do not value their employees, there is no work life balance. even when you are on vacation you have to answer phones and answer emails. you are working 24/7.
Service Advisor
I joined Tesla 2 years ago. Its very cool being apart of the electric car movement! To start off with the management at Tesla across the board is terrible. They are not from the automotive industry and they do not know how the industry operate.
The cars break way to much for a car that is promised to not need service as much as an ICE vehicle. They do not care about the employees whatsoever. The service center moral is always low and depressing.

I'm still with the company so I'm an a disgruntled employee. I speak for all Tesla employees. Tesla treat there all employees like slaves. They make all employee work open to close if management fails. There is no structure at this company. Tesla is an automotive manufacture with a tech industry mind set which does not work. Tesla builds vehicles that people need to depend on to get them to and from work, home and destinations safely. These cars break down way to much.

I do not recommend working for this company!!
Great
Great place to come to work for it was the people that made it great! the mission was just a plus. It was a good time in working and learning from logistics to cost analyst
Cons
not enough pay for the work
Terrible management and work pace
I worked here for 3.5 years. I was walked all over by the carpet jockeys in the office as in you aren't rewarded for working hard and submitting to their standards. Work here if you like a cut throat management and no job security. They promote people that kiss a55 before hard workers. I had a horrible experience working here.
Pros
Cheap health insurance
Cons
Less than 40 hours of work a week
Great team atmosphere
Excellent training, with clear and concise advice and role play! The team members I worked with were the BEST! A great purpose and goal-oriented company, but be prepared for CONSTANT CHANGE!
Pros
support!
Cons
change constantly
great cuse
Too much was required of me when I was not clocked in. Hi-stress with quotas and deadlines. Base pay is better than fair (considering similar positions) - with commission bonus the sales/lead generation positions could pay well. If you are a go getter you can advance here but you will need to make good relationships with higher up's 1st.
Pros
elon musk, brand, pay, growth potential
Cons
stressful deadlines & quotas, poor communication, constant changes
Tesla
I worked for SolarCity which was acquired by Tesla in November of 2016. I had a great manager that was very supportive. the experience was great and I will work for tesla again if giving the chance.
Very stressful place to work.
It is a sales environment that is extremely micro managed, to the point it's makes customers uncomfortable, because of the aggressive nature of the mandated sales process.
Pros
Excellent products.
Cons
Better products in pipeline that are advertised however not available.
Horrible, the worst management ever. Good pay and benefits.
Tesla is probably the worst company I have worked for I left mercedes Benz, trying them because I believed in this company and how they would be the future of this industry, but I was wrong. This company has to have the worst management and HR department EVER. The pay and benefits are good but that's it. The balance of work and your life is bad too. You spend 11 to 12 hours a day there.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Poor management, work and life balance
super good company
Boss is very nice , so comfortable working there.
Working time is flexible and everyone is super nice!

few developers, so job is challenge. You can learn a lot here.
Auto detailer, for this compony
Auto detailing for tesla was Difficult. Hard paint and cars not Covered with plastic When Delivered ..had Thousands of bugs and scratch marks on new cars. With very Limited time to detail cars. Staff and Area manager Very argumentative ,HR Department offers no support. Long hours with almost no time to take a Break.. daily changes make things extra confusing for employees

I think most employees hate there job. But stay for the Health care and good pay. But you can and will be fired "at will"
Pros
Good pay and
Cons
Long hours, no time off to have a life, Argumentative staff