Tesla Employee Reviews

Found 1,607 reviews matching the search See all 1,765 reviews
Extremely Stressful at end of Quarter
Field Energy Specialist/Orientation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Poor management and lack of planning for end of quarter deadlines to meet sales and delivery quotas. Forced to work seven days a week and Holidays during the last month of each quarter to meet target goals.
Good Pay and Benefits, Stressful and Sad Work Environment
Inside Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2019
Good pay and benefits but that’s about it if I’m being honest. Everyone is constantly worried if they’re going to be laid off. If you’re working sales and get assigned a showroom that doesn’t have lots of traffic, start looking for another job. ALSO, you’re required to make a certain number of outbound calls everyday. If you take PTO, you have to make up for the calls that you didn’t make on your PAID DAY OFF. Tread lightly.
Pros
Good Pay, Great Benefits. Normal Mon-Fri schedule.
Cons
May get laid off, Feels like you’re set up to fail, Lack of excitement because everyone is sad and stressed out because of layoffs, No room for growth to a new position.
Tough place to be
Sr DES (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 18, 2019
It's really stressful, you're constantly doing a duty, not in your description and not compensated for it, nor are you thanked for it.

Sometimes management isn't the best.
Not great could be better
Inside Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2019
Typical day is met with constant berating of betterment for even the highest performers. Managers follow guidelines to a tee without any care for the amount of pressure they place on their employees. You are discouraged for using personal time off as it may put you behind an average of the office. There is no commission at the position I was in but you are expected to perform better than your colleagues or risk losing your job. Workplace culture evolved with each person in the office slowly becoming more and more aggressive and irritable about even the slightest issues especially with at least half the office worried for their job at the end of the month. Overall would say working as a temp seemed like a more stable career path if you are interested in Tesla.
No job security
Lead Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 17, 2019
Although there is room for advancement, no one is safe when it comes to the company needing to cross save. I have seen the best there is laid off because they worked their way up the pay scale. I earned my Lead position and now all the hard work I did, was flushed down the toilet due to the forced transfer the company made. I was transferred to a department that has enough Leads and although I have been in my position for over a year now, I am told I will no longer be a Lead and to expect a pay cut next week.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No job security
well paid hard work
Site Surveyor 2, installer 3 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2019
Working on rooftops and attics in Arizona during summer make for a very challenging work environment. Good family health benefits. Great people to work with.
Pros
Transportation
Cons
14-16 hours working outdoors in summer
stressful
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 15, 2019
12 hours doing repetitive motion for no chance to enjoy the pay. it is exhausting and not everyone can handle it. always felt worn down and exhausted
Pros
good pay and benefits if you can last
Cons
exhaustng, managment will kind of blow you off
Poor Management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Devon, PA 19333February 15, 2019
Nightmare to work at. Zero stability within the workplace. No advancement. Over-staffed with extremely low production. Would be surprised if this company lasted another year.
Worth a look
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 14, 2019
Great place to work out of college if you are looking for some initial big name resume experience. Company is sincere in its desire to change the world through clean energy adoption. Products are also first rate. Management is much improved and career growth is more supported.
Pros
Good people, great products
Cons
Long hours, stress
Difficult place to work
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 14, 2019
I found the management lost in understanding leadership and bring out the best in people. As a career automotive professional, I never felt I worked for an automotive company.
Great Place if you are willing to work
Powertrain Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Work is work and so if you are willing to put the time in, then you should do well. The jobs are not the most difficult, but in most cases on the production floor for 8-12 hours at at time. Schedules are mixed but mostly 5-8 hour days. Some of us work an alternate schedule.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
long hours, life/work balance challenging
Fast paced and competitive environment
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Tesla is a very fast paced and very competitive environment to work at. The company offers courses and certifications to help production associates advance positions.
Benefits
Cons
limited parking space
Awesome working environment
Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 12, 2019
I valued working at Tesla, The people were experienced and created an comfortable working environment, Always offered a variety of different challenges
Cons
excellent health care options
Taking on Big Challenges
Manager (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 12, 2019
Tesla is nothing if not about taking on the biggest challenges facing the world. At times the mountain of work is huge, but working alongside dedicated professionals it feels as if anything can be accomplished here.
Tesla
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 11, 2019
IN my department it was super laid back. I essentially dusted off bumpers all day and loaded them up. One day before I was laid off I learned how to attack the wiring to the fog lights.It was an amazing job that always had room for advancement
It a really good work environment.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Tesla is one of the most competitive place I have work so far but don’t be scare everyone is really nice an we do everything to get your goals. It feels like if you going back school.
Do not recommend
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 10, 2019
Working for Tesla has been a rollercoaster since the day I started. First off, in my interview they promised advancement, and even went so far as to offer me a promotion about a month into working there and then took it away for no reason and just told me to keep working and it would come. We did this back and forth dance for about 6 months, and come to find out they had been doing this to every person on staff. Promising a promotion and then taking it back. Not only this but as a CES there's no opportunity to make commission. Any vehicle or energy system that you help sell, all you get is a pat on the back. There's no incentive to work hard and do well. They hourly pay isn't terrible but for a place like Hawaii where cost of living is so high, the hourly pay at Tesla just doesn't cut it. I had to start looking for a part time job in order to make ends meet, and when I found one the managers made my schedule so that it would be impossible for me to work another job even though they had my exact schedule for the other job. The management doesn't like to be given constructive criticism, and expects you to go along with everything they say, no questions asked. Not to mention they treat you as though you're a teenager and this is your first job. No trust. I would not recommend working in this environment. I do believe in the company, I just don't think they have the correct way of doing business. Oh and by the way, employees do not get any discounts on vehicles, nor are there many opportunities to even get behind the wheel to get comfortable with what you're trying to sell. All  more... you do as a CES is stand on the sales floor all day and try to get people to give you their email and phone number so that they can be harassed into buying a Tesla after they've left the store. It's embarrassing how useless the CES position is at Tesla.  less
Pros
good health insurance, fair amount of PTO
Cons
bad management, no commission, no discounts, no work/life balance
Have met good hardworking people and has been a great experiance . But time to move lots of tension and management looks scared for there jobs
Team Lead 6A and HSBF (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 10, 2019
Over all a good company to work for. Pay is ok but not up to bay area way of life. You become dependent on overtime to get ahead that is now gone and its pay check to paycheck. they have cereal bars and fountains of various beverages also coffee for free which is not required but is provided free of cost im thankful i have been there for more than 5 years and have moved up to a level 4 team lead but i think with current situation (company layoffs) to level up any higher is futile even though your great at your job last 3 reviews all excellent but no raise. Management is good overall but at times out of touch with the crews because they have no idea whats going on at times
Pros
Decent pay good benefits
Cons
Unpredictable management and schedule
One of the best jobs i had
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 9, 2019
Work is pretty hard if you are not used to long hours and labor work but other than that I can say this job give limitless opportunities and if you manage your money right you can live pretty decently. Job security and management are about the only two things that you have to worry about here.
Pros
Financially stable
Cons
Long work hours
Work
BIW3 Lead Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 9, 2019
TESLA overall isn’t a bad place. Always room for advancement. Extremely fast paced. Needs a parking garage badly. I would recommend more PTO for 12hour workers rather than the same for 8hour workers.
Pros
New AWS schedule
Cons
Management and HR can be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

14%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss