Tesla

Tesla insights

Based on 1,867 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Pros and Cons

12 hours shift with the risk of working for a at will job. ( they can fire you whenever ) benefits and stocks are provided. Management is who you know, don’t have high expectations for growth. Anybody can become supervisor.

Stay away unless you willing to sell your soul

Management is terrible due to how new people come and leave. I was signed up for 8.5 hours but mostly work 10.5 hours overtime. They also expect me to work from Monday to Saturday which add up to more than 60 hours a week of work. Basically, you have no life outside of work. Your body will tear down physically and mentally.

Pros

Holiday off/paid, free coffee and cereal, nice uniform, clout.

Cons

short breaks, long hours, work/life balance, management, stressful labor, repetitive, parking.

Good people well driven bosses and overalll great atmosphere

Working for Tesla is great it teaches you how to organize time and energy and to be more productive in the job and life, there are plenty of opportunities to grow and invest

Pros

On site food and access to food truck on grounds

Cons

Only 30 min lunches on a 12 hour shift

Not worth it

I worked here for 18 months before quitting. The pay was decent, but the work was also very laborious and demanding. It's not uncommon to run into injured people who are still working.

Awesome place if you have NO life

My job has great benefits & pay is decent. My only complaint is that they work you so much more that job description says. I've never worked a single 40 hour week. I miss my family so much & don't understand how they can do this to their employees. I really enjoy the job & want to keep it, but I love my family so much more. It's a catch 22, cuz I'm working to help take care of the family I love, while at same time, my work is keeping me away from them. I'm trying to stick it out, in hopes it'll get better.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No work life balance

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

High School Campus atmosphere

Good Job. 12hr shifts. It was kool while it lasted. Only thing I didn’t like, was way too much Ppl on shift. Everything was overcrowded (Lunch Room/Restroom).

Pros

Lunch Room

Cons

Too much Ppl working. Lunch Room/Restroom always packed

It was alright

just drove cars, pay was pretty good but it was repetitive, time went by pretty fast, and the job was fairly easy if you’re not working in the warehouse.

Pros

Lunch room

Cons

they are racitas and supervisors do not do their job

It is a bad work environment after it is very hot, the colleagues do not make a team if someone does not like you, make it possible to make life impossible for you

Pros

Any

Cons

supervisors do not make reports does not give the same employee status

Productive workplace

All they care about is pushing cars. They don’t care about employees safety or well being.They yell at you when you make mistake on production line and call you out in front of people. I hate the favoritism that they have there. They have highschool cliq environment.

Pros

Free coffee and soda

Cons

Short breaks micromanaged

I love working with tesla good pay always something new things to do friendly environment.Fast growing company with lots of amazing coworkers.Overall great company

Pros

Good pay

terrible place

management treat you like a robot as well as the supervisors and leads there's no balance work between the employee's a percentage of them work as directed then there's some that doesn't do much at all and upper management does nothing

Pros

3 and 4 days off

Cons

very low and slow pto there's no separation in vacation and pto both are combine

Worst management

Mangement is horrible and lacks communication. Promotions are given to associates who don’t deserve them. ( they promote family members, close friends of current associates in management positions)

Hard work, good benefits!

You work lots of hours, 12 hours a day and up to 6 days a week. Benefits they offer arr great. Must be a workaholic to work at Tesla. The work environment is usually a fun team oriented environment.

Pros

Free stocks for new employees

Cons

Management needs to be people that are familiar with Tesla production lines.

Great company to work for if you're single

This company is not a bad company. They are just a very big company. With that comes being overlooked when you Excel. Management / supervisors we're definitely over capacitated with people. There was one supervisor for over a hundred people. The pay is good if you're willing to work the hours. Can't complain about the benefits and if you plan to stay there forever they do take good care of you.

No work/life balance

No work life balance, long hours, insane amounts of overtime with no warning, favoritism, lots of people doing drugs. This was not a great place to work and made my mental health very bad.

It’s cool not bad

You better have the right work boots work is not bad once u get your rhythm but expect tightness in hand joints and cramps from doing repetitive work

Happines

Very happy to work here while we keep learning new things every single day.Pros: Healthcare, stocks and a lot of overtime provided.Cons: 12 hours shift.

Growth and Discipline

The good is the potential for growth and the bad is the lack of discipline in certain areas. With this job or career it's definitely what you make of it.l

Pros

The company offers so much for employees and the world

Cons

Its not always a clear path for employees to use the opportunities given to them.

good benefits/long hours

good benefits and they give you stocks. breaks are only 10 mins, but takes like 5 minutes just to take on and off all your ppe and get to the break room. easy work but there is a lot of downtime. hours are long it’s 12 hour shift and poor management

Cons

poor management, short breaks, long hours

Production Associate

Overall a good place to work. If you do not enjoy working with your hands, you will not enjoy working as a production Associate at tesla. Work life balance was okay, you usually work more than 10 hrs

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Work/life balance

Great hours and overtime opportunity. Poor Communication. Lots of Politics to advance.

Tesla offers a job that has great hours with lots of opportunity for long weekends or lots of overtime. However the biggest problem the company faces is communication. While I can’t speak for the non production areas, communication between shifts and departments are extremely stagnant and often impacts the productivity of your shift directly and important things that happen on other shifts go unspoken when you start yours. Politics have also started becoming an issue for advancement with very little promoting with in the company unless you know the right people. Overall I think Tesla is great place to work if you’re look for great hours as a first time job or if you’re retired but don’t want to work a lot of hours with basic benefits then Tesla will be a great fit for you.

Pros

Great hours. Decent benefits.

Cons

Poor Communication. Difficult advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K
1.3K
1.1K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

17%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

23%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss