Tesla

Tesla Employee Reviews for Specialist

Specialist51 reviews

Found 51 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,442 reviews
solarcitysolarcerealelonenergymuskcarmission

To many chiefs not enough indians

Teslas treatment and reliance on Temps to do all the work has created a workforce of stressed , overworked and down right exhausted crew that is unable to keep up. This “use them up and spit them out” mentality created low moral and cars that were of questionable quality when delivered. There practice of hiring and firing before the stock hiring bonus was worth any money was another deceptive practice that was especially cruel in these hard times

Tesla is great career choice

Working with Tesla is everything you'd imagine it to be. Friendly inclusive workspace, solution oriented, great pay and even better benefits. At Tesla we are one big team and the support is always there when you need it.

Tesla insights

Based on 3,467 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great Benefits... Boring Work

This job is easy if you can manage to train yourself. Don't expect supervisors to help you or your coworkers to know what they're doing. Upper management is most helpful.

Pros

Overtime, Benefits

Cons

Disorganized, Non-Remote

Unorganized management

The management tells you from day 1 to expect change, which is understandable. However, change is constant at Tesla because they are so unorganized. Your focus will change almost daily because you will have to go and pick up slack for something management overlooked and let get out of control. They are like a dog chasing it’s tail. They bring back old ideas that have failed in the past but just give it another name. There is no transparency for employees and promises are rarely kept. I was told for 2 years that my pay would be adjusted to fit the type of work that I was doing. I now see that it was just to keep me doing the same work that others were making thousands of dollars a year more for for less money. They get rid of people and turn around and tell you that you need to do more with less support. They know that it drives fear into people that it may mean that they may be next in the chopping block if they don’t comply. I would not recommend a job here to anyone that I know.

Miss working

The job was easy, chill and fun. Made my time go by because it at times get pretty busy plus alittle demanding. I enjoyed getting up every morning to go to that job.

Run as Fast as you can

Training was one week not enough for the processes you need to take on each call. The contracts cannot be cancelled so they do not tell you 90% of your calls are retention with no retention dept the managers supervisors are not your friend and you will know who likes you and who doesnt fast!The customers always say the sales agent lied to them the managers blame you for customers who call in threaten legal action and cuss you out on every other call Your blamed for bads stats I was fired due to attendance when i was having a medical issue my mnaager did not care enough to help she stuck me in teams with a guy who knew no more than i did Watch your training staff and upper managerment not all our cut out to be leaders... i was written up because i made a mistake and sent an email to a dept same week my grandmother died not making excuses but it seems like they do not caer for their employees HR never sent my severence package ............i keep emailing them no response dont waste your time at Tesla its not a good place to work especially for black women.

Benefits

Cons

managers dont care about keeping you they will get rid of you for stats fast

Very good place to work at

Very easy job and really relaxed environment. Other employees and supervisors are friendly and will help you if you need help. Hours are pretty good and the pay is good as well.

Monotonous

My entire division was eliminated. Women were not supported as much as men were in this corporation. We even complained and we did not receive adequate support

Pros

Dealing with customers

Cons

Women were treated differently

Great company

It’s was one of my best jobs I ever had but the people there co workers where to envious to help any new person succeed so it was hard to even work with all the bad energy

Pros

Nice company

Cons

Hateful co workers

Good company to work for!

Really cool company to work for! Had a great orientation all the co workers are super friendly never had a negative moment and it’s a really cool and awesome environment to be in

Much to be desired

They want warm bodies to fill vacant seats, they care not to give your proper instructions. They overwork you and Cafe next to nothing you are human and have a life and obligations outside of work, or during your shift for that matter.

Do not get excited

One of the things that keep happening is that you can get lay off at any time. Only the people that has been there for a while will stay in the company.

Best job I’ve ever had.

Just wish they were more serious about making us permanent hires. They constantly told us how please they were with our performances and that we’d possibly find employment other than temp but have not contacted since. Other than that it was the greates work experience I’ve had. It taught me a lot of useful driving mechanics & Improved my skills everyday. Plus was a great workout.

Huge company ran by local management

I had a rough time dealing with management as I felt the structure I was under let friends hire friends and with this, skill went missing and or wasn't acknowledged/

Great Place to Work

I enjoyed my time at SolarCity - great feeling of teamwork. Management was less experienced than I am used to working for. Ability to be promoted if you worked hard, you were recognized.

energetic, fun and relaxing place to work.

Our typical day at work for us was finding out how many deliveries for that day, getting them out of time and trying to wash the other cars we had for that day. The hardest part was trying to balance charging, wash and detailing all of them at the same time by a set time each day. most enjoyable was making new friends and getting to learn everything I could about cars and how much better we were making the earth by helping people go electric.

employees at main office had restrooms, air condition and video games hooked up

Worked on an offsite parking lot they provided hot water and we had to pay out of my pocket for ice. got blamed for cars being stolen and management did not appreciate when you give your honest truthful input.

Not a good place to work

Tesla management is terrible and run very corruptly. They do not care about you whatsoever and u are just a number in their system. Work hours are brutal and people abuse their power.

Cons

Good company with good percs... shift work is OK

Good place to work with good employees and Supervisors. Good work ethic throughout the company. Overtime was stopped but has now come back, as we are getting busier in the last quarter. Look forward to going to work and have put a lot into the job but feel I am not recognized enough for my efforts. This makes me and other skilled trade personnel feeling unrecognised at the skills needed to do our tasks (Toolmakers). Feel strongly that we need to be compensated more for the cost of living in California... Very expensive to live here.. Other than that, a good place to work.

Pros

Big cafeteria with free coffee and drinks

Cons

Not enough overtime... has just started to become more busy

Really liked working at Tesla. People were friendly. Great company. I will be looking for a full time position with Tesla. Wish I was hired full time.

Unrealistic Sales Expectations

As an energy specialist, you are expected to F2F market everyday in the same big-box partner location (i.e. Home Depot), survey prospective customer roofs in the store, and generate leads for consultants to close. Challenges come from all sides in such a model.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Lack of immediate sales results will result in isolation, rather than development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

17%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

23%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss