Tesla Employee Reviews for Material Handler

Ratings breakdown
Found 47 reviews matching the search See all 1,324 reviews
Fun and fast paced environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 19, 2018
The atmosphere at Tesla is unlike any other. Fast change. more often then not you are surprised in one way or the other. Always keeps you on your toes .
Pros
Working atmosphere and benefits.
Cons
low career advancement / salary
Been at Tesla 4 years.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 12, 2018
I have been here long enough to see a lot of changes. I am currently a lead at Tesla and things at this current moment are horrible. Management knows significantly less than even some associates, people getting tossed into depts without request to total opposite shifts and if you tell them about your personal situation as to why a sudden move wouldn't work...their response is "it's about the business". Some depts are actually "scheduled" SIX 12 HOUR SHIFTS PER WEEK. That is ridiculous. My current dept had a 5:30am to 3:30pm shift which has now changed to 5:30 am to "we aren't sure what time we'll be done". Pay is good, but definitely not good enough for what we do. Tesla might be good in a couple years, but not right now.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
hours, management and home life
Innovative Company- Long Hours
Cell Dock Operations/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 9, 2018
The vision of the organization is what drives people. The hours are long but worth it for the direction the company is going. The pay could be better for the hours worked but again, if you stick it out, it will be worth it. The only reason I left was due to personal relocation.
Just do you're shift and get paid
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 5, 2018
Great pay but no time to your self most people work five 12hr shifts in a row plus and mandatory over time calls. Good benefits better than most places I've worked. But you get worn out easily with thier shcedual.
Pros
High pay, free cereal milk and juice, good benefits
Cons
Work minimum 120hrs a pay period, never any parking spend 20mins just trying to find a spot, even when you arrive over a hour early for your shift, no ventilation in areas full of people and machines, never time to your self horrible personal life/work life balance.
Great job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 2, 2018
Just wish they had brought me back after my car accident but it was though a temporary agency so i i guess i understand but i dont because it was all medical
Somewhat a decent place to work but...
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 28, 2018
Growing pains. A lot of favoritism. Unrealistic expectations. Unpredictable work schedule. Long hours.
Warehouse leads are a joke. High school gossip among-st everyone. On your feet and on the move all day. High turnover rate.
Pros
Ping Pong Table
Cons
All of the above
Life at Tesla
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 26, 2018
At Tesla you were expected to arrive at least 5 minutes before the morning meeting. At 8 o' clock you were supposed to be on the floor ready to start your shift.
I learned a lot at Tesla, computer wise .learned how to create international invoices, bill of lading for the truck drivers, print shipping labels from the carrier website or app.
The management was good, they care about their employees, as long as you do a good job.
The people who you work with is important as well and there was good hard working people.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with their computer system, it was so slow sometimes.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I would finish early and I would have time to help my teammates to finish.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
sometimes there was very long hours
meh
MATERIAL HANDLER (SEASONAL) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 16, 2018
not bad, but not good... really if you can, go somewhere else, but if you live to work and nothing else it's the perfect place for you. other than that decent pay and good benefits.
Pros
money
Cons
10+ hour work days 5-6 days a week sometimes all 7 days
Poor management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 7, 2018
I was bullied so needless to say I didn't stay long. When I brought it to my supervisors attention nothing was done about it. So I quit, but I got alit of experience there.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Bad management
Good pay, long hours
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 6, 2018
good benefits, fast paced, new factory with growing pains.
hardest part of the job was deciphering the layout of the plan where change was a constant
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
long shifts, confusion typical of all new operations

Want to know more about Tesla?

Ask a question
nice
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2018
Great place to work, not a lot of opportunity for advancement, the pay could be better. Management is fair and professional, most people are decent. i would recommend
if you have no life, apply here!
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 14, 2018
When I first came to Tesla I was excited, proud, and overall humbled that I was now part of the Tesla "team. HA! There is no such thing as "team" at Tesla. Is just like High School all over again! Only if you are well "liked" by your peers and managers is the only way you get to move up in that company. Once you're in- you are literally eating, breathing, and sleeping with "Tesla Motors". You have no life! You are expected to work 6 sometimes 7 days a week. Anywhere from 8 up to 12 hours. Forget about having a day off unless you have enough "PTO" to cover it. Oh, "PTO" and "sick days" apparently fall under the same category at Tesla. If you start at 6 am you must be there at 5 or earlier to get parking, NO JOKE!! I will never come back here.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Parking
Productive environment
Material Handler/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 30, 2018
It was a very productive environment to work in. The perks they offer to their employees made some of the stress and long hours worth it. It is a very exciting place to work, however, I feel as though the drama in between employees I've seen take place is a lot,
Tesla Review
Tesla Material Handler, and Forklift/ Tugger (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 13, 2018
Best Incorporation that i have came across with. I want to eventually come back to work for Tesla. It is actually my favorite company in the world and i love to work at their locations.
Fast Pace warehouse
Quality Control / Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAMarch 12, 2018
Employees come and go. They couldn't work the 10 to 12 hours shifts or never get enough recognition to advance. I wouldn't recommend anybody with a family to work there.
material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 12, 2018
it was ok. lots of OT but very tiring. very cold warehouse during the time I was employed. Great place to learn. If you need money, this place is great for you.
Fairly typical production/warehouse environment.
Material Handler/Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is having excellent rapport with my team. The least appealing part is navigating around a high volume of other employees. It is not a relaxing or restful place to eat lunch and unwind, have personal calls while on break or decompress in between job duties. There is a clear separation with the production floor and the office side, although open door approach is stated.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Breaks don't allow enough time to actually relax.
Tesla Motors
Material Handler/Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 6, 2018
I had a nice experience working with Tesla. The hours were nice, the people were nice they made sure that we were all ready and prepared to work and the have really large cafe's
Great
Material Handler/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Great place to work. Team meeting before every shift all easy work just have to stay on top of out and get your job done and no one wool have to worry about you.
This place is a joke. Horrible environment
Hostler Driver/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  GigafactoryJanuary 31, 2018
This place is not all sunshine and rainbows as they tell you. Sure it pays good and benefits are great, but the environment is horrid. There's so much favoritism there it's not even funny. If you don't stay up someone's behind and smooch their rear end you're not goin to move up at all. Oh and the management team is a joke, leads, sups, and managers are trash. They don't give a bleep abut you or your ideas. They don't back you up on anything. They don't give a bleep about what's happening as long as their behind isn't catching heat from anywhere. All the rules and policies they have in place doesn't get enforced and if you mention it and bring it up they treat you like your wrong. Nobody follows any of the rules but heaven forbid you don't! They'll flame you so hard yet they same person reprimanding you won't do it to a other colleague that violated the se rule or policy, the one reprimand in you doesn't even follow it themselves lol. Working here was stressful as a mother, and miserable. I've never hated a place as much as this one.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
Environment, atmosphere, attitude, management