Tesla Employee Reviews for Production Associate

A good job for people without families
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 12, 2018
Very long hours with mandatory overtime every week, the work isnt hard but the coworkers and some of the Leads and Supervisors can make your job very difficult. There is little to no communication between Supervisors and Leads let alone between different departments and areas. Favortisim is a big thing for Supervisors and Leads as well, people who barely have any experience get promoted before those that have been there longer.
If you want opportunities to advance this is the place
Lead Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 4, 2018
For the most part working here has been GREAT. The long working hours and Graveyard shift can be hard but the opportunities for on the job advancements are great. they also offer many ways you can do self improvement training and you may even qualify for a special scholarship to TMCC.
Leading my Teammates as a Lead Production Associate has been great for the most part. dealing with management can be frustrating at times.
Over all this has and is a Great Opportunity and would recommend this Company.
Pros
On the Job advancement
Cons
12 hour work days
very unique facility to work in
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 24, 2018
Loved working here
12hr shifts 6 days
invaluable skills unnatainable elsewhere
good managers when hired from within
workplace culture is great. people from everywhere
no hard parts to job. get some comfortable steeltoes and shut up.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
your a number that can get let go for no reasoning at any time.
Tesla Summary
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 20, 2018
This was by far the worst job I have ever had. The commute to work took an hour and a half on a regular day but, if there was an accident or fire you would undoubtedly be sitting in traffic for a few hours. The road rage is ridiculous and I would have the worst fear I was going to be involved in an accident one day. Yes, I was rear ended one day. Working 12 hours is okay but when you are not allowed to sit down for any of those hours your body begins to ache and get tired. Not only was i working 12 hour shifts but they made me sign up for mandatory OT every single week and it did not matter if i had something going on in my personal life. If i did not make it in for OT i was given an occurrence and you are only allowed 3 before termination. Their attendance policy was so strict you could not even do a punch one minute early or one minute late without getting in trouble. The management here is on a severe power trip and they treat you like you are a nobody. I truly felt like a number here. I lasted 6 months here because the money was very good and the benefits too.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
mandatory over time, management, and work environment
Fun
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 15, 2018
If I was given the chance to go back to Tesla, Reno, I would, it was fun rewarding and very educational. Managers want you to succeed, they push you to learn your position and teach others.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
None to list
Live and breathe tesla life
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 8, 2018
While working for tesla things were everchanging. The job i had trained for and done for months could be eliminated leaving me to start training again in another area. There was never any warning that my job would change. Also once you choose a shift you are more than likely stuck in said shift so make sure you can handle it.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, cereal, oatmeal and snacks
Very productive worplace with goals set
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 6, 2018
Working for Tesla was an amazing opportunity. I learned even more about renewable energy .I got to work with all types of people from around the world.
Pros
Benefits, stocks, complimentary food with a cafeteria
Cons
Commute
Productive and fun place with pool table, snacks and soda.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 3, 2018
fast growing company, very fast pace really respectful management staff, focussed on quality product,
very good company to work for and now they have good pay rates
Super productive and enjoyable
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 1, 2018
Personally, I work nights and it is absolutely my favorite over day shift. We work 12 hour days making sure each car is customer ready! There is always something to do to stay productive and spend your time as useful as possible. I used to work nights at an old job that could NEVER compare to Tesla! I hated nights and always thought "the night people slack off and are less talented" however, while working at Tesla I have absolutely changed my mind. My shift is the hardest working shift of the 4 we have. I enjoy management 100%. I myself used to work in management and can confidently say management at Tesla know how to manage well and receive amazing results! I can't speak for all areas of the factory but I can for my shift. The hardest part of the job I would say is during certain times it can get super stressful when we have to break numbers but I can say that in the right mindset, the stress is completely eliminated and the impossible is done. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people all the time and being a part of history that hasn't happened before.
Pros
Opportunities, pay, TONS of optional overtime
Cons
The pros definitely outweigh the cons to the point where the cons are just less pro.
alot of chatting and cliques
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 31, 2018
hard to stand 12 hours, very repetitive job, free cereal and drinks, very expensive to buy lunch, arrive early to find parking and a long walk to gate
Pros
free drinks and cereal and milk
Cons
standing all day when they could give stools
Okay place to work
Lead Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 30, 2018
Long hours and therefore had to balance personal life and work. Horrible communication between management and hourly employees. Can afford to be compensated more for the amount of work done however, benefits are great.
Benefits
High Turnover
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 30, 2018
No consistency in wages, or expected pay. The high turnover rate and varying wages is indicative of holes in upper management and annual forecasting. Nepotism is noticeable at all levels or the job and an abundance of affairs and other similar issues.
Extremely good benefits that make up for never having any personal time
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 26, 2018
Full benefits and discounts starting from day 1 are given, and there is a job culture that makes you feel like you are part of this disfunctional company. The work is not hard, but weighs you down mentally as the shifts are 12 hours
Pros
Full benefits on day 1, with the ability to get a model 3 early
Cons
12 hour days
Not good
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Gigifactory1July 25, 2018
Age discrimination, only younger persons are able to advance, long hours that are mandatory overtime, they expect products that the equipment cant produce do to maintenance issues not being fixed. CEO has no idea what's going on here.
Great employees, terrible experience
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 24, 2018
You're not allowed to sit down, at least that's the usual rule it's moslty dependent on who your supervisor is. Overall, if you're in a desperate situation in which you need a lot of money then it's the perfect job since they hire pretty much everyone. Good luck keeping the job though, it's very easy to lose it.
Pros
Free food available, easy to access vending machines
Cons
Short breaks, no elevators, no sitting allowed, poor conditions, constant machine faults
Long Hours
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 23, 2018
The job can be really boring at times and break-neck at others. The pros are the $15.50/hr pay and long weekends due to 12 hour days. The cons are that you have to get up two hours early to be at work by 06:00 am/pm due to the traffic. It can be also be very irritating when they enact mandatory overtime with little to no notice and you have to find someone to cover your shift if you can't do it. They do not work with you if you absolutely cannot do the overtime day for the week.
Pros
Pay $15.50 and long weekends
Cons
Traffic and mandatory overtime
Last resort job
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 22, 2018
Tesla is Elon’s money pit, therefore you have managers that will have employees work on scheduled days off even after goals have been met above and beyond. Breaks are the California minimum and just getting to the breakroom and still have time to sit is a challenge. If one shift lacks, your shift is obligated to make up for the low product numbers. And if the robot goes down or there is a system wide problem, that also falls back in the associates. Tesla is good for people who need a quick paycheck and there is little to no career opportunity here. They hire just about anybody and work you until you get injured, fired, or quit. Tesla does give an excellent benefits package but if your looking for a retirement package look elsewhere. It is a great step for someone trying to learn production. Would I recommend Tesla? No, unless you really need a job and are willing to put your family, relationships, and kids second.
Pros
A paycheck, free coffee and cereal
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, long shifts
Fast-paced Work Culture
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 13, 2018
Working as a production associate to construct assemblies or physical systems at the required output and quality, using physical operations which can include repetitive pushing, pulling, gripping, twisting, reaching, etc. Detecting abnormalities in the manufacturing process and use root-cause analysis to identify and resolve issues. Shared ideas on process design and tooling improvements to increase quality, reduce cost, and support the production work environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
what job
Production Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 10, 2018
long hours, constant work and tons of people. you have an opportunity to learn a lot about Tesla and experience how it works first hand. great pay. commuting can be hard though.
Pros
satisfying check
Cons
less social life
Work is work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 2, 2018
I don't want to say that Tesla is the best place to work. All jobs out there has ups and downs. If you are lazy then you don't fit to work anywhere.
If you did your research about Tesla before applying then why bragging things after?

Tesla had helped a lot of jobless around bay area. Even non bay area residents works at Tesla because it's a great opportunity. Too much working hours? Yup! It's better than less hours, right? If your body aches take pain killers. Remember, it's just a temporary pain until you get used to the job. Eat right too! It doesn't mean free cereal, coffees, juice a d etc., you have to have it!
Unfriendly co-workers? What if they think the same way towards you? Well, it's a fast pace job so who cares anyway. Sometimes, you just need to open up yourself to them and I'm sure it will be fine.
Family wise, they will understand. You're doing this job to get paid and it's for them, right?
Busy hours or long hours? I'm sure it will change in the future for the better. Tesla is popular what can I say.

If you need a job with awesome perks and benefits, this is one of them. Just be obedient, patient and understanding.

Also, there are lots of female workers. If they can do it, men should too.

Sorry in advance for my English lol.
Pros
A lot
Cons
Short breaks :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight