Tesla

Tesla insights

Based on 1,898 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good company

This was a great place to work. Other than clear signs of favoritism, management buddy system, everything always being "urgent". Elon dream is awesome! To bad the people hired to manage do not hold the same values of the dream.

Pros

Multiple days off in a row. Benefits are great. Pay is not bad.

Cons

Favoritism, buddy system, promote non-experience over experience.

TL;DR. Place sucks overall. Only good thing is the half-decent paycheck.

Where to begin? Management is a total joke. They don't care about the associates. If you present a good, sound idea, and if you aren't told to kick rocks and it gets implemented, your ideas are stolen and someone else takes credit. PTO accrual is a total joke, chances and opportunities for advancement are slim to none unless to suck up to management. Still doubtful. They are more concerned about white glove treatment to bad employees than managing them out. Always expect to find your areas understaffed. Which means expect to be doing the work of 3 or 4 people every shift. Then plan on getting yelled at for not doing a good enough of a job as you stretch yourself to the bone. Sick days? You get 3, A YEAR. Mental health? Yup, throw that out the window. If you are fine with JUST a half-decent paycheck, while working long hours, being understaffed, unappreciated, and overall treated like a throw away of a human being... have at it.

Pros

pay. kinda

Cons

everything else

N/a

It was a really good experience working for tesla. I learned a lot of new skills that I believe will help me in future jobs. I appreciate my time at tesla.

Great Challenge and Innovative experience

That old saying, You get out of it what you put into it. And I've done just that. I've put a lot of time and hard work into my job and it has for the most part paid off.

no employee activities

management are not encouraging . too much jealousy, hostile, double standard. dead end job. no growth. they are all about number. supervisor set up good employees.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

N/a

CEO- is always right and not the employees making the hard work. True Tesla culture is much more different almost a decade ago. Tesla is hiring employees that doesn't have experience the true knowledge of hard work and a positive mindset. Blaming each other instead taking a full responsibility for any actions on any individual even it's in the management part of the company. I was very very very disappointed of how it became and in the future of Tesla.

Great pay/no social life

Awesome pay, lots of overtime and room to advance. Also enjoy benefits and fun people. If you have a family or live far it gets hard to balance work and home life.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Working hours

Tesla is a great place to work if you're in there focused on getting your money and not going anywhere or having no life.

When I first started it Tesla I was fully involved with the culture of Tesla but as the last couple years went down I noticed that there was no room for advancement nor that the company has Integrity when it comes to their Associates.

all work no fun

very hard to balance work and life style due to different shift schedule. working 3-4 days with 12 hour shift or working every other day is no fun schedule at all. you had to be at work 2 hours before your shift to be able to find a parking.

Poor Management

Management continued to decline while I worked there. No sign of getting any better. Opportunity for advancement was continuously dangled in front of associates only to be retracted due to internal politics. Reviews were never done so there was no guidance for how an employee could progress in the company.

Productive nice place to work

Great place to work. Culture allows you to grow your knowledge, Pays Salary too,I have learned many major ( MES L2L,).work lots of hours or overtime,Work days and night are flexible to allow for family issues. co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Free gym, free Bart Transfortation

Cons

Breaks 10 minutes

Management team is a joke

Tesla is nothing but high school drama if you kiss enough butt you will get promoted. If you don't you get nothing if you challenge authority you get punished. Very high school and to much drama

Pros

Free cereal

Cons

Everything else

Fast paced. Stressful. Fun/harsh colleagues. Great benefits

Tip: be ready to change everything you thought you knew about Tesla!! Your life as you know it is about to change when you accept the job. Work and home balance is virtually impossible so be prepared to drive yourself mad trying to find a middle area there.

Pros

Benefits are A1. Ok selection of free food.

Cons

No life outside of work, poor I’ll equipped management, ABSOLUTELY 0 parking, too short breaks

Productive fun stressful fast paced good money

Tesla is a great place to work just very fast paced and long hour and very unstable with the hours and pay. They however they advance so fast if management isn’t in your favor your could go stagnant

Pros

Sodas, prestige

Cons

Long hours, no life accommodations

Productive and team oriented.

I actually enjoy coming to work! Most people are very friendly, helpful, and fun. I love the commerotery within the team. I've learned a lot about project management, the flow of a production line, and increased my skills on a computer.

Pros

Free soda, coffee, juice and milk, free cereal, benefits, well stocked break rooms

Cons

Parking

'Best job ever"

Loved working for Tesla Motors! One of the few places I was excited to come to work. I was given every opportunity by management to fully utilized my skills and even enhance them in the process. For being a manufacturing work place I never felt bored as my superiors always raised the bar. Not every day was the same as my superiors continued to challenged me to making things better. Learning from one another was such a key to my success to becoming a Production Lead in such a short period of time after being hired in. Tesla Motors is the company to work for if you wish to make a difference in the car industry. Thinking out side the box is what I can honestly describe why I love working for Tesla Motors. I moved to TN and worked for Nissan and it did not take me long to regret leaving my Tesla job.

Pros

Sky is the limit for those who wants the challenged

Cons

Bonus system had a lot of holes. (#1Favoritism, very hard to justify and prove)

Environmental, Forward thinking

Company wants to make a positive impact on the environment. The product is beautiful. The work is fast paced and physically demanding with long hours. The starting pay is fair but the structure of leveling up, raises and promotions needs to be better implemented. The management teams need to be more in touch with their groups/associates. The majority of the associates work well together.

Pros

Decent Benefit package

Cons

Long hours, physically demanding, weak policy structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8
2.9

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

17%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

23%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss