Tesoro Employee Reviews

Friendly environment and you will get 50 cents raise after 3 months.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 10, 2019
I enjoy working for Tesoro. Easy hours to choose from. With hard work and dedication you can advance in a managerial position.
The manager is friendly and easy to get along with.
Enjoyable
Maintenance/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rugby, NDJuly 9, 2019
I really liked working at tesoro i never really had a problem working there i gotten along with my boss and brought them more customers in and did a lot of maintenance
Boring
CSA (Former Employee) –  Mountain HomeJune 20, 2019
Not much to do at all. Very strict on things you can do to keep busy in little fishbowl building. Make you clean the same things repeatedly to pass time
Extremely lucrative if you don't mind giving up a large part of your time.
Golden Eagle Refinery - Operations Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAMay 24, 2019
A job is what you make it....that said, it really depends where you work at this company that will govern your experience. Some places are fantastic, some, not so great. Some of the units have people with can do attitudes and a willingness to work and other units are not pleasant to walk in to. Some departments are cheerful, and others are plain morbid. The biggest issue, in my opinion, is that not all departments are expected to perform/act in the same manner. Its like 27 small companies inside one large one. All with different sets of regulations and rules of their own. Other than that, I believe the company does care about safety and the well being of their employees, they just don't know what is really going on out on the floor and middle management isn't telling them the truth. It has been slowly changing for the better over the years, so there is hope! They certainly pay very very well!
Pros
Good benefits, large salary, shoes, uniforms, training provided
Cons
Culture is behind times, them vs us attitude at times
Great company; has now been merged with MPC
Sr. Facility Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 22, 2019
Great company to work for except, they do drive results and so the work to life balance is a little off, but they did treat their employees great. Now Tesoro has been bought by MPC (Marathon Petroleum Corporation); only time will tell how the new MPC culture will be.
Pros
Benefits, Holidays, Pay Incentives, Management
Cons
Work to Life balance, Moving in order to advance
Great job!
cashier (Former Employee) –  North Pole, AKApril 15, 2019
Fast paced work, good staff! Shift duties were completed in a timely and competent manner, employees worked as a team to complete a common goal to achieve shift duty completion!
Pros
Good coffee!
Cons
Cold environment in Alaska for changing trash!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 9, 2019
I had the opportunity learn and grow in my chosen field of employment. A typical day at work gave me the chance to interact with my employees and the general public.
Wonderful position, ability to work at job sites. Seeing the work in progress.
Gov Comm Constr Contracts Admin Project Coord (Former Employee) –  Grafton, VAApril 6, 2019
Opportunity to make. decisions, prioritize work load.
Open door working with VPoO, Projects Managers, Project Ownets. Project Coordination, National Permitting. Benefits were average. Lacked in sick and vacation.
Pros
Working with all related parties in construction. Project Owners, Subcontractors, County Officals
Cons
Lack in sick and vacation, no overtime
Safe work environment with lots of advancement
Measurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYApril 1, 2019
I would recommend anyone to work with Tesoro. Lots of opportunity in many fields, safe, and invested into their employees. Outstanding benifits and knowledgeable staff members, very team oriented.
very friendly staff, loved my manager,
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 26, 2019
cashier, opened and closed store, ordered products, cleaning, stocked products . everyone is helpful. only 2 people per shift. cleaned gas pumps and parking lot.
Pros
no discounts
Cons
you get 2, 10 minute breaks and 1 half hour break for 6 hours or more
it was a nice place to work for
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  springfield,odregon 87478March 1, 2019
I like working for Tesoro corporation and they were helpful when u needed answer to a question. I like working with the people at there. to bad I could only work part time there.. I would have stayed
Great place to work.
Third Party Safety (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 22, 2019
Sad ...completed project had to leave. Safety FIRST and great management. A true family work enviroment. All good from beginning to end of project (10 months).
Pros
Great people!!!
Great Company
Instrument mechanic/electrical specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Great Company and excellent management! The job could be difficult at times with work life balance but they compensated us well for it. I would recommend this job to anyone!
Contract Employee
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kenai, AKJanuary 7, 2019
While working as a contract employee with Tesoro I was able to work effectively with the management and working staff. Management created a very coherent work environment.
Pros
Good Management
Working for Tesoro
Control Systems Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 26, 2018
Tesoro has been taken over by Marathon, so not sure how applicable this will be in future. A lot of management changes meant that not a lot of long-term planning, however plenty to do and good pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No long-term planning, a lot of work in firefighting mode
stressful, poor communication, safety # 1
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDDecember 7, 2018
you have to get at least 3 loads even there are days stuff happens as a truck driver you have to take more safety precautions, like chaining up and if you dont get your loads you performance goes down, and they start disciplining you until you are eventually out the door, it is a big company and its only getting bigger
Challenging and competitive and lots of interaction with people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WADecember 2, 2018
My work at Tesoro was always challenging and I was able to move around into different jobs, so there was always something new and interesting to learn about, whether it be a new computer system, new program or completely new job task.
While working for tesoro i learned alot about myself
I Customer Service Cashier & Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 2, 2018
tesoro is a good company to work for id recommend anyone working there. benifits are great and managemnet is good. face paced and move up fast. most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Benefits Great - Management Not So Much
Senior Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2018
- Wonderful Benefits
- Great retirement and pension plans
- 401k contributions matched by company up to 6%

The most enjoyable part of my job as a Senior Contracts Administrator is the ability to interact with various business stakeholders in the creation and execution of contract documents. In my role, I have the pleasure of collaborating with personnel including marketing analysts, managers, directors, vice presidents, pricing analysts, attorneys, as well as customers on a daily basis.

The challenging part of my job would be keeping the process flowing smoothly, as there are many moving pieces and a great deal of coordination in processing contracts which are time sensitive, dealing with many people who have their own busy schedules and time constraints. However, this challenge is also rewarding by consistently achieving those deadlines!
Pros
Great Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Days
Cons
Middle Management
great temporary job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nikiski, AKNovember 20, 2018
as stated, great temporary job. However the management is wanting and there are no real benefits packages or promotion oppertunities. If you enjoy customer service I would rate the job fairly well for short term employment.
Pros
relaxed working conditions
Cons
No breaks, poor management, no benefits, and non competative pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesoro. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tesoro.

Powered by Comparably