Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

Good working environment
SENIOR CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATION ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 8, 2018
It was a wonderful experience working with Tetra Tech. They offer excellent working environment. Travel opportunities are also provided. Tetra Tech also offers a good salary package.
It was a great experience work at Tetra Tech and if they call me for another contract I will be so glad to work to them again.
Monitor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 5, 2018
We started at 6:00 am in a sing in meeting with a Safety meeting also. in there they brings our site in the field to work and an electronic device to make the reports; a daily blank report sheet to write the daily incidents. travel to assigned area and start monitoring the work of the crews of other company for the day until 5:00 pm. at the end travel to the assigned sing out meeting and finish work at 6:00 pm. Learn the work of monitor specially the safety rules of the work in the fields enviroment supplies by FEMA, OSHA and DTOP. The most difficult time was when the whether changes and we stop working meanwhile,(the Company order us to be inside the car when rain, thunders and lighting occurs in our working time for our safety) and the most enjoyable part of the work was the work because we were helping our island to be restore and was an honor for me.
Manager works on Boy Scout projects
Environmental Specialist/ IT (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 30, 2018
When the regional Manager spend his days working on, using company supplies to print, make multiple copies of Boy Scout projects it creates a bad atmosphere
No one feels they should refrain from doing non work related projects in the office. People stealing supplies, it’s ridiculous.
Temp position
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 30, 2018
This was a temporary position to help audit work done after hurricaine Irma I enjoyed the people there but they made you work 60+ hours a week no work like balance
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Hours
Good people to work with enough responsibility to require you to bring your "A" game every day
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAOctober 26, 2018
I find that working for Tetra Tech to be very fulfilling when we are working . Too much time waiting to get contracts signed, of course
that`s not my dept. don`t know whats involved. Co-workers are honorable and responsible people who take their job seriously.
mutual respect and camaraderie
Productive hands on environment
Monitoring Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 6, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of driving to trailer location to receive your daily location site. I learned to work well with others as a team and how to provide empathy to customers who were recuperating from hurricane damages. Management at times were unorganized but worked together to resolve employee issues. Workplace culture was very diversified. The hardest part of this job was driving over rough terrain to reach the trailer without causing damage to your vehicle. The most enjoyable part was traveling throughout Dade county engaging with customers. Also the beautiful sunrise every morning.
Each Tetra Tech office varies
STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 29, 2018
Each Tetra Tech office should be evaluated separately, since the corporate office treats each operating unit almost like a franchise. The people at my office are great, but the focus from corporate is entirely on profits and reducing overhead.
Huge company, most peoples experience is different
Public Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2018
Very corporate
A very great company to teach how great or not great corporate life is. Management is not very personable in any way shape or form. Worth a try.
Disaster relief data management was an amazing learning experience, great pay and advancement opportunity but demanding and no time for personal life.
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCAugust 27, 2018
Being a traveling data manager for Tetra Tech is an overall positive and successful opportunity and career due to experience, hands on interactions, pay, free travel and benefits but it is a tedious, exhausting, Non-Stop and extremely demanding career path. My day started at approximately 8 a.m. and could end anywhere between 9 p.m. to 3am with no days off. With time management you have control of your own schedule although there is always an extreme amount of work or back tracking your days are always long.
Pros
Fast promotions and advancement opportunities, reimbursed for gas and lunch, no set schedule, great pay
Cons
No days off, no set schedule, extreme long hours, not much time for personal life, unexpected travel and changes
Excellent
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 22, 2018
My experience with all the work at Tetra teck was excellent and I hope they will have another oportunity to bring me work with them. The teams in the differents works areas were organized, every one work alone in the field with the other companies; its bring me the oportunity to organize and choose my way to work and brings the suppot to ilearn , know new people and work areas all the time. Travel to towns far feom my home; contact people of different places work at the same company was a great experience to me. Monitoring was a lesson for me.
Pros
Everithing
Interesting
Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2018
Company is a great company to work for and it is awesome to have such a close knit group of employees, managers and up! They are built like a family and it’s very welcoming
Good company to work for but sporadic temporary positions
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAAugust 8, 2018
Difficult to provide much of a review as the position was temporary. While I worked there, I enjoyed by interaction with the management and other monitors, as well as the overseeing organizations such as Army Corp of Engineers. Overall, a good experience.
Mission driven organizatiom
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 2, 2018
Federal contract work for Human Resources function, consisting of recruiting, mission critical occupational assessments, orientations, human capital planning and employee training.
Unorganized
Systems and Process Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 23, 2018
Nothing more than a social club for previous Colorado School of Mines graduates. Too much social drama that got in the way of getting work done and keeping clients.
Depends on the Company Tetra Tech buys out
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 17, 2018
No 6 month reviews or performance evaluations. Working with other offices or using resources from other offices was difficult and employees often did not work well together. Top Management/Owners took a hands off approach, which would lead to a cowboy type mentality when it came to defining leadership roles. Middle Management from other offices would bicker with each other. Sometimes, veteran designers would scream and yell like children and would see no discipline. Overall, Tetra Tech has great benefits and after 6 years great time off with pay. The environment and company culture depends on the office.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Depends on the Office
Contracted to FAA
Security Specialist & Executive Support (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 29, 2018
I am contracted by Tetra Tech to work for the fed. gov't at FAA. It's a good job and I enjoy the people I work with. It's pretty slow paced most of the time and can get really slow. That's the part I don't like, it makes the day drag.
Pros
Job
Cons
No advancement, health benefits not good
Being A Monitor
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
As a monitor I love helping the community. I am paid fairly and love to work hard. Being kind is my specialty, and I get along with my fellow workers.
Awesome hours
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 16, 2018
If you you are not lazy, and looking for a lot of hours per week, This is company will not fail you on that. Depending on your job position of-course.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Horrible Managers
Racist and Prepotent
Fire Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
Administrative and Management are racist. This company is the perfect example of what Modern Slavery looks like. I do not recommend this company for Health Reasons and Mental Sanity.
Cons
Great working atmosphere with engaging Managment
Staff Chemist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2018
Company provided excellent training and resources for its Junior and mid level employees. The CEO and other managers where very engaged in day to day operations. Overall a great large business to work for in the area
Pros
Great work atmosphere