Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Depends on the Company Tetra Tech buys out
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 17, 2018
No 6 month reviews or performance evaluations. Working with other offices or using resources from other offices was difficult and employees often did not work well together. Top Management/Owners took a hands off approach, which would lead to a cowboy type mentality when it came to defining leadership roles. Middle Management from other offices would bicker with each other. Sometimes, veteran designers would scream and yell like children and would see no discipline. Overall, Tetra Tech has great benefits and after 6 years great time off with pay. The environment and company culture depends on the office.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Depends on the Office
Contracted to FAA
Security Specialist & Executive Support (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 29, 2018
I am contracted by Tetra Tech to work for the fed. gov't at FAA. It's a good job and I enjoy the people I work with. It's pretty slow paced most of the time and can get really slow. That's the part I don't like, it makes the day drag.
Pros
Job
Cons
No advancement, health benefits not good
Being A Monitor
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
As a monitor I love helping the community. I am paid fairly and love to work hard. Being kind is my specialty, and I get along with my fellow workers.
Awesome hours
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 16, 2018
If you you are not lazy, and looking for a lot of hours per week, This is company will not fail you on that. Depending on your job position of-course.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Horrible Managers
Racist and Prepotent
Fire Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
Administrative and Management are racist. This company is the perfect example of what Modern Slavery looks like. I do not recommend this company for Health Reasons and Mental Sanity.
Cons
Great working atmosphere with engaging Managment
Staff Chemist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2018
Company provided excellent training and resources for its Junior and mid level employees. The CEO and other managers where very engaged in day to day operations. Overall a great large business to work for in the area
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Great for fast paced and hard working
Temporary Fire Clean-up Site Monitor (Former Employee) –  Redwood Valley, CAMay 29, 2018
I loved tetra tech because of the $20 an hour and 12 hours a day but unfortunately they are temporary and they are global so this didn't work for me in the end because I have a family, but for people who can travel I highly recommend them.
Pros
Amazing pay.
Cons
shorter breaks during busy season.
I would recommend this company.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 29, 2018
My experience with the company has been fantastic. The nature of the work that I am doing is temporary and seasonal so, when you work you tend to work a lot.
Productive and fun work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRMay 23, 2018
Excellent company, pro employees. Good company to growth and develop yours skills. They give your the opportunity to contribute with your knowledge. work and life balanced.
Horrible
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 17, 2018
Worked 12 hours a day 7 days a week. From 10 to 10. With no guidance. No training or guidelines on the tasks assigned. Constantly jumping from one task to another. No organization. No management. They do not care about employees. Fire team members regularly for no reason. In the office there were racists sexists comments profanity and unacceptable behavior. They fire people with no notice ahead of time. Payroll is constantly wrong for the employees.
Cummunication
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2018
Very bad cummunication from mangment to field. They do not give you to proper team to succeed in a new division. They do have a great HR department that will help you through a lot.
Hard work n long hours
Field debris monitor/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 26, 2018
Well organized n I love working for the company. Very long hours but you get to know different company picking up debris for the government after hurricane hit the ease coast
Great Place to work
Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Brevard County, FLApril 16, 2018
This job was a temporary job. It was a fun place to work, but stressed at times.

I enjoyed working here. The job was fun for me as I am a workaholic.
Pros
Fun Place
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Temp job
Plant operator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 15, 2018
Not a bad job, just temporary. Poorly ran with some pretty smart people on board. Employees pinned against each other trying to secure a place in a temporary job.
Pros
decent pay, benefits
Cons
temporary
sports like playing soccer and good communication with your family
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  BAGRAM AFGHANISTANApril 15, 2018
its a world class company which creates opportunities to their employee and help you grow in the department which you will be working at with great advisers
Debris Monitor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2018
Long hours, no certainty of work, no stability and low pay. I would not go back unless the pay improved, the working elements bettered and management was dependable.
One of the Best Companies I have ever worked with.
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLApril 9, 2018
I cannot say enough good things about this company. Highly organized and efficient. Intelligent. Considerate of employees. Collaborative. Everyone is kept in the loop. Excellent Leadership.

I was working as a Temporary in Florida.

Highly Recommend.
good hours
Tower Monitor (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 6, 2018
When there is work, you have lots of hours. Mangers play favorites, so they get the best jobs with the longest hours. The job was easy but could be boring at times.
Pros
many hours to work
Cons
you get sent home when no work
Good Pay and Good People
Task force Lead (Current Employee) –  Sonoma County, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I would love to keep working for Tetra Tech. They are temporary employer because they perform Disaster recovery Safely and efficiently, then they move to the next disaster area to aid in recovery. I am in Northern Cali and Fire Recovery has been mostly completed in Mendocino and Sonoma Counties.
Pros
long Hours for overtime
Cons
temporary employment
PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 28, 2018
Lack of work, was hard to stay busy sometimes. Nice computer setup and great IT support. Flexible hours in a good location. great coffee bar and free snacks. Just and over all good environment.