Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

Productive hands on environment
Monitoring Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 6, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of driving to trailer location to receive your daily location site. I learned to work well with others as a team and how to provide empathy to customers who were recuperating from hurricane damages. Management at times were unorganized but worked together to resolve employee issues. Workplace culture was very diversified. The hardest part of this job was driving over rough terrain to reach the trailer without causing damage to your vehicle. The most enjoyable part was traveling throughout Dade county engaging with customers. Also the beautiful sunrise every morning.
Each Tetra Tech office varies
STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 29, 2018
Each Tetra Tech office should be evaluated separately, since the corporate office treats each operating unit almost like a franchise. The people at my office are great, but the focus from corporate is entirely on profits and reducing overhead.
Huge company, most peoples experience is different
Public Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2018
Very corporate
A very great company to teach how great or not great corporate life is. Management is not very personable in any way shape or form. Worth a try.
Disaster relief data management was an amazing learning experience, great pay and advancement opportunity but demanding and no time for personal life.
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCAugust 27, 2018
Being a traveling data manager for Tetra Tech is an overall positive and successful opportunity and career due to experience, hands on interactions, pay, free travel and benefits but it is a tedious, exhausting, Non-Stop and extremely demanding career path. My day started at approximately 8 a.m. and could end anywhere between 9 p.m. to 3am with no days off. With time management you have control of your own schedule although there is always an extreme amount of work or back tracking your days are always long.
Pros
Fast promotions and advancement opportunities, reimbursed for gas and lunch, no set schedule, great pay
Cons
No days off, no set schedule, extreme long hours, not much time for personal life, unexpected travel and changes
Excellent
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 22, 2018
My experience with all the work at Tetra teck was excellent and I hope they will have another oportunity to bring me work with them. The teams in the differents works areas were organized, every one work alone in the field with the other companies; its bring me the oportunity to organize and choose my way to work and brings the suppot to ilearn , know new people and work areas all the time. Travel to towns far feom my home; contact people of different places work at the same company was a great experience to me. Monitoring was a lesson for me.
Pros
Everithing
Interesting
Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2018
Company is a great company to work for and it is awesome to have such a close knit group of employees, managers and up! They are built like a family and it’s very welcoming
Good company to work for but sporadic temporary positions
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAAugust 8, 2018
Difficult to provide much of a review as the position was temporary. While I worked there, I enjoyed by interaction with the management and other monitors, as well as the overseeing organizations such as Army Corp of Engineers. Overall, a good experience.
Mission driven organizatiom
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 2, 2018
Federal contract work for Human Resources function, consisting of recruiting, mission critical occupational assessments, orientations, human capital planning and employee training.
Unorganized
Systems and Process Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 23, 2018
Nothing more than a social club for previous Colorado School of Mines graduates. Too much social drama that got in the way of getting work done and keeping clients.
Depends on the Company Tetra Tech buys out
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 17, 2018
No 6 month reviews or performance evaluations. Working with other offices or using resources from other offices was difficult and employees often did not work well together. Top Management/Owners took a hands off approach, which would lead to a cowboy type mentality when it came to defining leadership roles. Middle Management from other offices would bicker with each other. Sometimes, veteran designers would scream and yell like children and would see no discipline. Overall, Tetra Tech has great benefits and after 6 years great time off with pay. The environment and company culture depends on the office.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Depends on the Office
Contracted to FAA
Security Specialist & Executive Support (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 29, 2018
I am contracted by Tetra Tech to work for the fed. gov't at FAA. It's a good job and I enjoy the people I work with. It's pretty slow paced most of the time and can get really slow. That's the part I don't like, it makes the day drag.
Pros
Job
Cons
No advancement, health benefits not good
Being A Monitor
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
As a monitor I love helping the community. I am paid fairly and love to work hard. Being kind is my specialty, and I get along with my fellow workers.
Awesome hours
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 16, 2018
If you you are not lazy, and looking for a lot of hours per week, This is company will not fail you on that. Depending on your job position of-course.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Horrible Managers
Racist and Prepotent
Fire Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
Administrative and Management are racist. This company is the perfect example of what Modern Slavery looks like. I do not recommend this company for Health Reasons and Mental Sanity.
Cons
Great working atmosphere with engaging Managment
Staff Chemist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2018
Company provided excellent training and resources for its Junior and mid level employees. The CEO and other managers where very engaged in day to day operations. Overall a great large business to work for in the area
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Great for fast paced and hard working
Temporary Fire Clean-up Site Monitor (Former Employee) –  Redwood Valley, CAMay 29, 2018
I loved tetra tech because of the $20 an hour and 12 hours a day but unfortunately they are temporary and they are global so this didn't work for me in the end because I have a family, but for people who can travel I highly recommend them.
Pros
Amazing pay.
Cons
shorter breaks during busy season.
I would recommend this company.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 29, 2018
My experience with the company has been fantastic. The nature of the work that I am doing is temporary and seasonal so, when you work you tend to work a lot.
Productive and fun work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRMay 23, 2018
Excellent company, pro employees. Good company to growth and develop yours skills. They give your the opportunity to contribute with your knowledge. work and life balanced.
Horrible
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 17, 2018
Worked 12 hours a day 7 days a week. From 10 to 10. With no guidance. No training or guidelines on the tasks assigned. Constantly jumping from one task to another. No organization. No management. They do not care about employees. Fire team members regularly for no reason. In the office there were racists sexists comments profanity and unacceptable behavior. They fire people with no notice ahead of time. Payroll is constantly wrong for the employees.
Cummunication
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2018
Very bad cummunication from mangment to field. They do not give you to proper team to succeed in a new division. They do have a great HR department that will help you through a lot.