Tetra Tech Employee Review

Fairfax - IT Div - Worst Nigtmare
Senior developer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 23, 2013
In my 15 yrs experience, the IT division in the Fairfax location is the WORST I have been in.
The director of this division has no clue what professional etiquette means. He runs that place like a sweat shop. VERY HARSH working conditions. Very easy 15+hr days. He micromanages and just depletes the last drop of energy from his workforce. Very poor work acknowledgement and appreciation. End of a week that you have slaved logging 15+hr days, the last you want to hear is that you were no good. He has a loose tongue and just is ready to throw harsh criticisms. I have always been appreciated for my work ethics and the quality in what I produce. In previous jobs, I have lead teams and projects to successful deployments. Here, I would have been surprised if I was able to take a lunch/restroom break.
He underestimates the workload and goes around saying that 'you have gone over the estimated time for a task, so you have to eat up the hours you worked over'. End of the day, you are (of course) over the time limit and still have more work to be completed according to his estimation. Even after working for unbelievable hours, you getting paid for the 40 hrs/wk is an over-stretch. You end up eating up your paid leave to make up for the time he refuses to acknowledge.
When a Director walks into a meeting with IT professionals, in his ripped up gym clothes and sweat dripping from his face (because he worked out up to the minute the meeting had to start) shows how much he respected and cared professionally for his team.
I am surprised that he is still allowed to manage the Division.
  more... He brings in negligible amount of new work and has no human value.
It is only a matter of time someone sues Tetra-Tech for such abuse and harassment, before they open their eyes and let him go.
Pros
Commute
Cons
Abusive and harrassing director

Other Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Brevard County, FLApril 16, 2018
This job was a temporary job. It was a fun place to work, but stressed at times.

I enjoyed working here. The job was fun for me as I am a workaholic.
Pros
Fun Place
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Temp job
Plant operator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 15, 2018
Not a bad job, just temporary. Poorly ran with some pretty smart people on board. Employees pinned against each other trying to secure a place in a temporary job.
Pros
decent pay, benefits
Cons
temporary