Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great Experience as a Student Worker
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 19, 2018
With Graduation approaching it is time to move on to better things. I have enjoyed getting the hands on experience to help me in the job field I have been studying for the past four years.
Clerical duties (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78217August 28, 2018
Great place to work. Typically a 40+ hour work week. Great people to work with in a face paced environment. Benefits are great such as medical, dental and sick leave.
Great Job
Animal Damage Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TX 78028August 20, 2018
This was my dream job. I had to leave only because of illness in the family demanded it. Great company with awesome benefits. The only and biggest complaint was the lack of training on the computer software I was required to use daily. The supervisor himself was not proficient, making it difficult for a new employee to learn the basics of their new job function.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lack of formal training
Low pay and very little advancement
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Overton, TXJune 15, 2018
The requirements of the job are not hard but the pay isn't worth it. Employees are underappreciated and underpaid. The employee pool is very stagnant and the management is poor. The benefits are a major plus, full medical, dental, vision, life, and PTO accrual.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management is poor
excellent learning experience
Wildlife Damage Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 12, 2018
If you do not have a degree in wildlife biology then don't bother. you do get a a government vehicle to drive however it is only for work. the benifits are good, but dont expect to get rich.
Pros
cool job
Cons
pay stinks
Good place
Part Time Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rusk, TXJune 12, 2018
I enjoy my work here at the Extension office. I've learned a lot about farming, animals, environmental and community. The staff are open and welcoming as well as easy to work with.
Secure job
Senior Administrave Coordinator (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 23, 2018
A good place to work. There are always a few people that are difficult, but overall, a great place to work. Many great people to work with and most are patient in the learning process.
Fun working enviroment
Intern/ Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMay 9, 2018
Even though I was an intern, I got to meet many researchers and learn a lot about agronomy. The environment is laid back and fun. A typical day was if I wasn't doing the landscaping, I was learning about different ants, spiders, peanuts, and different phosphorus levels affecting land.
Pros
laid back and fun
Cons
no holiday pay if an intern
A multitude of opportunities to learn and grow
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 7, 2018
Fantastic boss, managment, and learning opportunities. This job took me all over the state for various research purposes I never knew from one day to the next what I would be doing or where. I learned more than I could ever put into words and had a plethora of work opportunites that I still value to this day. The hours could often be long but the coworkers and management were great and encouraging to learn as we worked.
Pros
Learning opportunities abundant
Cons
Hours often long
Great place to work.
Accounting Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXApril 9, 2018
Fast paced, many interruptions. Account reconciliations, re-allocation of pro-card expenses, issued Purchase Orders, assist counties with account information or Contract and Grants, accounts payable, backup receptionist, assisted District Manager with Budget as needed throughout the month, assisted with upcoming meeting setup.

Learned several different types of software and operating system, learned to run the Postermaker machine and the many steps an accounts payable goes through before it is finally paid.

Hardest part of the job was not having requested information available to assist County Extension with questions regarding their Contracts and Grants.

Very enjoyable part of the job was listening to the District Manager's stories about her childhood during break time.
Pros
Great co-workers, very good pay, very diversified culture, several paid holidays, accrued annual leave, state retirement and insurance.
Cons
Very hard to assist some of the County personnel, lack of information for their Contract or Grant, considerable time was spent on obtaining information, many times their request was not how the Contract or Grant was set up initially by them.
Worked to death
County Extension Agent (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 26, 2018
You will never do the same thing twice. Always on the go, but you work so much that you don't have time for a life. It allows for a flexible schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Too many hours
limmited supervision
Student Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 24, 2018
I worked here as a student the pay was ok, but the work was labor intensive. hoeing weeks and lifting farm equipment. also it was 10 mins outside of town
Pros
relaxed
Cons
hard work
Staff was never in the office
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXDecember 19, 2017
The tasks assigned were done in an efficient and effective manner. I was given the opportunity to restructure the filing management of county and state projects. The previous method was not efficient and effective for more than 12 projects. The immediate supervisor was the best anyone could ask for, however the top management did not have an overall grip on the ongoing issues in the office. Restricted to not being able to participate in most of the events.
Pros
Learned a great deal of information about the programs
Cons
Poor managment at the high level
enjoyable and exciting
Nutrition Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Benito, TXNovember 29, 2017
Enjoyed advocating for people's health and nutrition. enjoyed teaching nutrition classes to clients. I enjoyed preparing nutritious recipes with clients.
Texas A&M AgriLife is great for college students in the ag field of study
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 15, 2017
Great job, They work well with your schedule and they pay is alright. you will learn how to manage and grow crops and do scientific study's on the crops. The people are great there
Upbeat
Internship (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 7, 2017
Always work that needed to be completed. A learning environment for kids. A teachable aspect through daily camps and activities. Everyone was a team that helped get the job done
Fast paced environment with a variety of job duties
Administrative Associate II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2017
Admin duties; worked with various computer programs; management knowledgeable; work culture similar to a large corporation; inventory can be tedious; connecting callers with Nutrition Educators.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
workstation not ergonmical
Excellent place to grow professionally
Better Living for Texans Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 18, 2017
Never boring. Everyday was a new adventure. Really professional environment. Great benefits and really flexible, I only left because I was presented with an opportunity to move to another state, but if it weren't for those circumstances, I would still be there.
Pros
variety in everything you do
Cons
working after five and weekends
Nice place to work
Programs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXAugust 4, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time there. Little top heavy with managers but everyone works very hard for the betterment of the community. If you like a solid place with a routine then this is a great place for you.
Fun place to work where you can make a difference in a community!
County Extension Agent (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TexasJuly 24, 2017
You are managing programming for identified community needs. I learned to use my multi-tasking skills and enjoyed every moment of it. The job is very fun, but you can work many evenings. I had fun inspiring and teaching youth and adults, but hard to balance living in another town away from my family.
Pros
Positive place to make a difference
Cons
Hard to balance with a family - many nights and weekends thru the summer.