Texas A&M University at Galveston Employee Reviews

Students
Third Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXFebruary 18, 2019
The students made the job worth every day. The campus is on the right track for improvement. They have received push back for several years and more recently have a new spirit. I would recommend working to TAMUG to anyone. The staff and faculty really care about the students.
Pros
Benefits, Great Dental and Health
Cons
Paid Parking, Difficult to find Parking, Mosquitoes
Excellent at making sure you stay updated in your field.
System Administrator of Solaris Servers, Exchange (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
During my employment at Texas A&M in Galveston I received multiple promotions. I started as Helpdesk Supervisor of student workers, was promoted to Student Information Management Systems (SIMS) programmer, and finally to Computer Systems Analyst after receiving training as a Solaris Administrator.

My supervisor at TAMUG sent me to numerous classes and training. Anything I felt like I needed to do my job was never refused.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Expected to relocate to College Station main campus if our campus is out of service to to hurricane.
interesting job, great boss, flexible hours
Chemistry Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 6, 2018
Normally we'd prep chemicals for lab use, wash glassware we used, and general lab maintenance. We "lived" in the labs so any visitors that needed to find something (including professors and TA's) would come to us. General knowledge of chemistry was reinforced. Management was fantastic, The lab director is hands down the best boss I've ever had- always available, doesn't micromanage and very supportive of her team. Hours were flexible and worked with students schedule. The job isn't difficult, does take some basic knowledge of chemistry but procedures are laid out
Volunteered/elected as President
Student Body President (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 9, 2018
• Worked with administration to identify and address student issues and concerns.
• Acquired funds and managed student government budget.
helped fund other traditions such as beach bonfire and yell practice
This campus is productive and constantly growing!
Staff (Current Employee) –  200 SeaWolf parkwayMay 4, 2018
The campus is going although the faculty and staff salaries stay stagnant. There is no career ladder for some positions and you sometimes have years without a raise. All raised are merit based unless the system does a unity raise...
Pros
Cheap and good benifits
Cons
Lack of advancement
Great School with Great People
Chemistry 111 Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I very much enjoyed working as a teaching assistant. I loved my students and had a great time teaching them. Couldn't have asked for a better supervisor. I was intending to be a teaching assistant my whole graduate school time, but it unfortunately became too much for me to keep up with grading while trying to finish my own projects.
Pros
Making money while attending school, waived out of state tuition, great people
Cons
long hours grading
It was a student job
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJune 21, 2017
I worked in the computing department for about a year and a half. It was mostly okay. Mainly answering phones and dealing with people at the front desk.
summer camp days
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXFebruary 10, 2017
The day starts with the kids arriving and playing a few games to get there brains working. Since I went to school for marine biology this job keep me in tact with all that i have learned and i learn new things every day.
Great student worker program
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Texas A&M offers wonderful employment opportunities for students. Easy to work around your class schedule. Pay is minimum wage, but offers advancment.
Friendly Staff
Referee (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 29, 2016
Staff well prepared. Knows hat they are doing.
Hardest part long hours, but fun.
Had to set up ad break down equipment.
Many great staff members helping out with everyone supervising.

Want to know more about Texas A&M University at Galveston?

Ask a question
Great Place for a Student to Work a Texas A&M Galveston
Student Affairs - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 21, 2015
I loved working here and enjoyed all the people that I worked with. I was a student so there wasn't really any room to grow but for a student it was a good balance between working and schooling.
Pros
great people, enjoyed every second of the work day
Cons
can be chaotic at times