Texas A&M University Commerce Employee Reviews

Community Oriented Workspace
Lead Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXAugust 20, 2019
Working on campus in Residential Living and Learning was an empowering experience, though the effectiveness and organization of the job could use some work.
MBA student here
MBA Student (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 12, 2019
I love this school. They have an amazing online mba program that is equivalent to Northeastern. The classes are TOUGH so be ready to do the work! The teachers & staff are amazing about getting back to you very quickly!
Graduate Assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXAugust 3, 2019
I worked for Texas A&M, Commerce as a Graduate Assistantship in the IT department. Columbia Advisory Group has been in contract with TAMUC for IT solution , so I got to work with CAG employees.
Very helpful and good company to work at
Accounting Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXJuly 30, 2019
Interesting and fun and very employee-centered. The university has a lot of programs geared toward helping employee's not only to do their jobs but to also succeed.
Learning experience.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJune 19, 2019
A typical day would begin with looking in the IN box for all of the professors job orders. If there were any orders you will need to see the deadline of each work order. I began with the most needed and go through to the end. A lot of times I would have the professors orders ready way before time and they were highly pleased. The environment was always a bit tight. The management was kind of unprofessional. The two executive assistance to the Dean would have me personally run their personal errands instead of keeping me in the office where I was supposed to stay. The workplace culture was interesting to say the less. I loved what the University stands for, but it feel flat. I don't think I was shown the proper work culture that the University stands for. The hardest part of the job was to experience the ego of the executive assistants and the Dean; as well as, some of the professors. Some of the professors abused the student workers by ridiculing them. Since leaving the University I have learned that the Dean is no longer there and that the new Dean is a person that I felt deserved the title of Dean, because of great character and high professional standards! The most enjoyable part of my job was being surrounded by such amazing people. People that were intrigued by the way the mind, body, psyche,and environment shaped humans, animals and the world. This helped me to understand so much about myself as a individual and as apart of the whole. This experience made me stronger.
Productive and fun work place very relaxed atmosphere
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 17, 2019
I worked as the directors assistant in the library of my university where I graduated. I helped her with getting her credit card information in order, update books in expenses. I learned so many things that once I graduated it was hard for me to leave because they did not offer a position to graduate student.
Pros
Flexible hours to work, walking distance from my house.
Cons
Only worked 20 hours a week because I was a student
Collaborative Working Environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXApril 29, 2019
Student worker position is a small temporary position. I had the privilege to work with photographers, University Faculty and Staff and students. My tasks included answering phone calls and emails and directing them to members of the Marketing team. I was also tasked with delivering samples to be reviewed and approved to be printed. The staff was very friendly and always willing to teach students new tricks.
great school to be a graduate assistant in
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXApril 24, 2019
I loved my experience here. The bosses were great. The education was great the students were great. They treated me well. I really got my math chops down here.
Great place to get experience
Lead Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXApril 21, 2019
Great way to get ready for future work. Allows for work on time management. Allows time to work on school work outside of work. Experience working and planning on events.
Pros
Event work experience
Cons
can only work 19 hours a week
great place to work
Clerical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 28, 2019
great environment to work in. great opportunities for career advancement. fair salaries, and time off during holidays. overall a decent environment.
Pros
holidays
Cons
working summers
I loved being a student here & working on campus!
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 11, 2019
It was quite some time ago since I was last on campus and I know there have been a lot of improvements done to the campus, but I honestly enjoyed my experience while I was there. The culture is very friendly and very much family-like, whether you're a student there or an employee. It's very relaxed and for the most part, fast-paced depending on where you work on the campus. Overall, I enjoyed it and would definitely say it's worth it!
it was a okay job for people who need a job real quick
groundkeeper (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXNovember 26, 2018
its a lot of work but I learn so much other but the pay was low but its a good first job for someone who starting off. and it a good hard hands on job so it was a okay job but its a lot of work to keep a college clean.
Student Worker
TAMUC First Year Trac Mentor (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXOctober 8, 2018
I was a peer mentor, I didn't expect many hours but it was a good environment and I always enjoyed working. The pay is good for the hours I received. They made sure it was easy as a student worker to balance our schedules.
amazing institution
Graduate Assistant of research/teaching (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed every second that I taught as a graduate assistant at TAMUC. Every single department on campus that I dealt with was professional and kind but the Department of Health and Human Performance faculty and staff are the best. The work environment is challenging but is engaging rather than threatening. This stimulating work culture full of huge academic achievement is a life changer.
Pros
this is where the COOL kids are
Cons
this is where the cool KIDS are
productive and well-equipped laboratory
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXSeptember 21, 2018
The supervisor and staff was great . they were very supportive and and helped at each stage. Their explaining power was great. the hardest part of job was managing time with experiments. there were series of things going together and involved lot of skills and needed to be focused all the time.
Pros
free lunch on meetings
Fast working environment..
Fry cook and food server (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Enjoyed my time working at Sodexo. I learned so much about food service and the retail side of working for such a large company...made many life long friends...at times, it could be a very fun environment...
Pros
Was a real learning experience...
Cons
Too much confusion amongst management and personnel...
Relaxed and fun workplace
Intramural Official (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXAugust 24, 2018
A typical day would be preparing the field or court with all the proper equipment and check on materials. Then either the referee or supervisor would check off the players. We would have a captain's meeting five minutes before the game started by explaining the rules and doing a coin flip to determine who would hold possession first.Then I would officiate the game by keeping everyone call and properly making calls as well as signals.

I learned that everyone views the game differently. Players complained quite frequently about calls, so I learned that the world is made with many different cultures and communication has to be clear.

The management was solid. The supervisors and directors taught me all the rules and procedures for each sport. They guided me through proper on-field training and notified me of any mistakes I made.

Everybody was relaxed and all the workers were very respectful.

I would get a weird schedule where I worked from 9:30-11pm on one day then 5-pm the other day. I once told the managers I couldn't work Wednesday and they scheduled me only on Wednesday. The schedules weren't consistent or precise.

I enjoyed the sporting aspect. I enjoyed a competitive, fun-filled game wheres both teams give maximum effort.
Pros
Relaxed environment, encouraging people
Cons
Confusing hours, not many hours
Burocacy
Agriculture Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXAugust 19, 2018
I spend more time in Budget and operations that I have no time to properly manage farm operations. Continually have employee issues due to low quality employee applicants.
Cons
Micromanaged
great
Physical/Occupatinal Therapist Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXAugust 13, 2018
It was a great environment to work in . The staff was great the patients were very easy to deal with and relate to. I enjoyed my time interning there as a undergraduate.
Environmental Internship​ (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXJuly 26, 2018
Good workplace and obtained much experience. This was an internship for my degree, not a job where I got paid. Without a doubt, I would recommend this to anyone.