Texas A&M University Corpus Christi Employee Reviews

Research Assistant
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 23, 2019
Similar to most jobs, the quality of work depends on the professor you are working under. There are some who have had poor experiences, and others who have had great ones.
Review summary
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 22, 2019
Good starting job for a head strength coach. Low pay with a lot of job responsibilities and expectations. Cool location with the university being on an island.
school job
Island Caller (Former Employee) –  University Services CenterMay 21, 2019
i got this job for work study, i worked at a call center where we would call parents of current students, & alumnus of the University to ask if they would like to donate money towards the school. it was a fun job and i raised over $6,000.
Fun and flexible.
Accounts Receivable/Book Seller (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 2, 2019
Working for Barnes & Noble at TAMUCC was a fun experience. I was around my peers and it was on campus so I was able to get to class with no issues. Later, when I was promoted to Accounts Payable, I was given the opportunity to learn more and gain skills that I use til this day.
Productive environment
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 2, 2019
The most rewarding thing about working for federal programs are the students. It is awesome to see their progress and growth through each program. Some even reach out to update us on their journey.
Fun work place, relaxed setting,with ping pong tables
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 24, 2019
In a typical day at work a trainer would workout however many clients they had. After working them out the trainer would reassess the client's program, and modify it pertaining to the client's goals, biomechanics and performance. I learned how to be more professional, increased my knowledge as it directly pertains to personal training and kinesiology. The workplace was very relaxed and fun, there was always friendly faces around ready to help anyone else who needed it. The hardest part of the job would be there was not too many hours available for trainers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working people out, or learning new information from the strength and conditioning teachers. I used to train people for free before I started doing it as a career, I love it.
Pros
Workout equipment available for use, pools, weight rooms, recreation rooms, courts, etc.
Cons
very limited hours
Great experience as an intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 24, 2019
The program created to give opportunities to students who are at risk of dropping out of school. Providing resources to assist with families in need. A great experience when wanting to begin a career in Social Work
An excellent place of employment creating experience
Police Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 24, 2019
A typical day at work is constantly being active, viewing footage taking calls ensuring the safety of all A&M-CC Personnel. I have learned many ways of communication, how to multitask at a fast pace from footage to call to responding to officers within seconds. Management is great the goal for all is to create a safe environment while following all policies and protocols. It is a great workplace environment, everyone is always willing to help one another along the agency and out. The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience it is different than from working for a city police department but we do have our calls that gives us the hands on experience to further our knowledge.
great education
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 23, 2019
Tremendous place to obtain an education. Supportive staff and students that create a conducive learning environment. Helpful and easy-going superiors who are there to help when needed
Great working experience
Operations Personnel (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 2, 2019
A normal day was a little hard if not very physical, but fun, and if you got along with your coworkers, it was a breeze to get through the shift. While working at the university, i learned more of the technical requirements of the building, and what needed to be set up first in sequence of event set up.
Pros
some free food at events
Cons
short breaks
Great for teaching
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 22, 2019
If you want to learn how to pedagogy well with a great theatre school, TAMUCC is the right place. If you want to study acting- and I mean really invest your life into it, this is not the most rigorous program.
LOVED working as an RA
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 14, 2019
To be mentored by a professor in the field of your study (linguistics), and to tackle projects together on a daily basis was truly a spectacular experience. We worked on everything together and I feel like it really made a difference in my professional experience.
Productive and enjoy the workplace and coworkers
Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 4, 2019
Productive, fast paced and fun workplace. Could use more staffing to complete all deadlines that are required monthly. Enjoy my coworkers and birthday celebrations that we celebrate as a luncheon.
Pros
Enjoy the long Christmas Holidays
Cons
Not enough help
Good Place to work and good Co-workers, but issues with dept management lacking the skills and knowledge to manage a team of workers
Database Programmer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 21, 2019
The University overall is a good place to work.
There are many dedicated employees working on behalf of the students and the university as a whole. There are many different technologies you can learn if you are proactive, to advance your career. Many employees stay for entire career as it is one of the best places to work in the city.
Pros
Nice to work on the water & can enjoy the view Walking at lunch time to relax and refocus, many talented sharp coworkers which makes it nice people to work with
Cons
Poor management skills in the department, Too much drama, manipulation of employees in a group by same management, sometimes causing bad working environment
work
Supervisor Melissa Devore (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 21, 2019
the work was a student worker in the chemistry department other were the physical, envirionmental and biology department as well as geology department dealing with hazardous waste as well as preparing organic and gen chem labs
Overall okay
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Working in TAMUCC is a slow-paced process. The human resource dealt paper works slow, the repair department worked slow, the graduate school worked slow as well.
Great place to learn
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 19, 2018
My time at TAMUCC was very enjoyable. I was able to learn a lot from the people I worked with. Also, the work I performed was stimulating.

In general, I was able to develop a lot of career skills in this role, and I am very thankful to have been given the opportunity to work there.
It was a good job on campus
Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 28, 2018
I enjoyed the relaxed nature of the job and how they worked with my education schedule. I always had something to do, but I could be done at my own pace.
Summer Internship
COMMUNITY OUTREACH VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 27, 2018
Working alongside the professional staff at Texas A&M - Corpus Christi gave me the opportunity to educate the public regarding water and air pollution.
I went to school here.
student (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Idk why I have to write a review about somewhere i went to school this is dumb. You guys should check your system to where you make sure you understand that this is not a job.