Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

student job
Receptionist / Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXAugust 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at TAMUK. I was able to work all kinds of jobs in the same building ranging from Subway to a front desk receptionist where I answered phone calls from students and a game room where there were pool tables and ping pong. I was able to interact with many people. I made a lot of friends, gained a lot of social skills and networking connections. My job was fulfilling and also convenient, as my management worked around my hectic student schedule.
Pros
Free lunches, new friends, down time for homework
Fun workplace
Elementary Tutor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 11, 2018
Fun job working with kids and relatively easy. We tutored elementary children based on what they needed improvement on. Fun environment for those who enjoy helping and being around kids.
Easy Going
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 8, 2018
Nice folks in nice setting. I spent most of time time planning to work with students and then presenting and interacting with them. My supervisors were helpful in guiding ideas.
Place for self realisation
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXAugust 3, 2018
As a student the initial days went on finding the best possible courses that could help me land a job of my intention. As a result I had chose Digital Image processing through which I was able prove my knowledge and interest for Autonomous diving. Thus was chosen as TA for the course in preceding semester.
Don't have much to say.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2018
I feel the work environment can be more efficient, but obviously it is just a regular office work method there. Even I don't have anything to do now, you have to wait because you have to make an appointment first!
Review for Texas A&M
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 1, 2018
An exciting experience for graduate study life, especially for engineering field study. Give students lots of opportunities to get access to attend conferences and learn new/innovative technologies.
Testing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXAugust 1, 2018
Good place to work. Casual atmosphere. Parking could be better and the maintenance of the building could improve. Good benefits and great people to work with.
learning
Mechanic/shop supervisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 24, 2018
for being right out of school I loved the slow pace and being able to learn how a work a professional environment should run and operate I had many great mentors
Great Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 24, 2018
Had a good experience in the undergraduate labs I got the opportunity to work in. Professors were very helpful in letting me be part of the research and not just an undergrad
Overall Good Work Environment
Student Health Services Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 22, 2018
Flexible hours for part-time employees. No issues with getting to class on time as you are already on campus. I have nothing else to say so I am typing this to fill the minimum...
Great environment
Desk Clerk (Secretary) (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 20, 2018
You get to collaborate with very smart people. Pay is also great and they provide training. I loved meeting the students and staff. I was also a student at the time
Educational position with the ability to increase my own understanding of organic chemistry.
Grader for Organic Chemistry II (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJuly 19, 2018
In my position as a grader, I would collect the recent assignments from the professor and compete them. I would then grade the students assignments and put them in the online grade book. I learned that grading assignments is extremely helpful in relearning the material. Most paper grading took place at home, and the hardest part of my job was deciphering the students' handwriting. My favorite part of my job was reinforcing myself with organic chemistry knowledge.
Pros
Worked from home
Adjunct Professor of Geosciences
Adjunct Professor / Lecturer for Geosciences (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 19, 2018
Long hours of Lecture Preparation, preparing PPT's and Lecture Outlines for students. Asked to teach extra courses and to voluntarily teach (no compensation) some courses with low enrollment. Not guarnteed future employment semsester to semester. Asked to give up courses of mine that students signed in for to upper level Phd's.

Really enjoyed teaching Geocsiences and Astronomy to entry level students and non-majors, opening their minds to the complexities of our Earth and it place in the Solar System and Universe. I brought 40+ years of practical Geological experience to the classroom and encouraged students to pursue careers in the Oil & Gas Industry.
Really proud of several of our Geology graduates who have pursued these careers and gotten jobs right after graduation.
Pros
Satisfaction of educating students in the Geosciences
Cons
No guarantee of future employment based solely on enrollment numbers
The best place i have worked yet
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, Texas, USAJuly 17, 2018
Since it is a college atmosphere, i loved working on campus and the friendly administration who guide us. Every job i worked on campus has educated me in various aspects of job life
Great place with good benefits
Adminstrative Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TX 77843July 13, 2018
TAMU is a great place. However, since I've been here, the benefits are decreasing. Also, we have to pay for a parking spot. Which it increases every year. When they give a % merit raise, it's gone because of the increase in parking.
Management in our dept needs to be revamped. People are
taking advantage of benefits.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
In the review
Facilities and event management intern
Facilities and Events Intern (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 13, 2018
Short term position, unpaid. Was a good experience overall, more manual labor then actually learning about event operations and facility management. I wish there was more hands on in actually learning about the management of facilities
Summer Intern
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 12, 2018
Great job for a summer internship. There was no management around for the summer. We had a goal of working on the communications to drive a mobile platform in space for an organization of NASA. This never finished to project.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Administrative Associate IV (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 12, 2018
I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with such great faculty and students. Being a student is not easy. It can be a very stressful time, especially when students have to work and go to school. I am here to help them in any way I can so they do not give up on their career goals.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
Salary
Student Position
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 10, 2018
Standard student position. Worked in an internal department supporting staff and faculty.

I highly recommend working for the college you attend if only to get to know your professors.
Love this job
New Student & Family Program - Interpreter (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 7, 2018
They're very flexible with your schedules because they are fully aware most if not all of their employees are students. Benefits are that you can have very important people writing you a recommendation letter.