Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Texas A&M is a great university that offers stability. Salaries though could be better for the typic workload.
Graduate Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 21, 2019
It is a great University to work. It offers stability and PD possibilities. Salaries could be more adjusted to the workload and they could work toward a better balance between work and private life. In general, TAMU is a very good place to work.
Pros
Medical insurance, PD possibilities, and work stability.
Cons
In most of cases, especially for graduate students teachers, there is no proportional relation between workload and salary.
Excellent place to learn, work, and live
Resident Advisor, Department of Residence Life (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 17, 2019
Texas A&M is a truly special place. The culture and traditions surrounding Texas A&M are wonderful and engaging. It is a privelege to work there and be part of the Aggie Spirit.
I did a volunteer job here
Volunteer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 12, 2019
I did a volunteer job here. People were friendly and I recommend it to anyone who likes to go. The weather was also nice and the city was nice too. Thats all
Best student job I ever had
FARM TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 12, 2019
Working for the university was the most fun job I ever had. The chance to make network was an added bonus. If there had a been a full time position after graduation, I would have jumped at the chance.
The best academic Institution.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 12, 2019
Go for Learn; get out to serve! This is a very finest academic institution and second largest in Texas. But for a Job, I would recommend finding some other places.
Workplace as a student
Volunteer Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 11, 2019
Served as a resource, a helping hand, a sounding board, and a referral service to incoming freshmen majoring in Sociology; provided information about courses, programs; campus clubs, etc. Helped students become familiar with university resources; Available for formal and informal interaction with the students in the program as needed.
The management and director are a joke
Master Utilities Emergency Generator Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 5, 2019
Management and directors of UES should be prosecuted for fraud and theft. They are pushing the system in a unrecoverable direction that will affect the entire campus. They allow people who work very little to promote and the hard , dedicated & dependable people get screwed over unless they are "PETS "
Pros
Steady Pay
Cons
Poor Leadership
Fun combination
Scholarships and Financial Aid - GA (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 25, 2019
A fun combination of serious business with a touch of family. A huge dose of family actually. Family and team work. Smiles and laughter as we all strive towards the same goals. Very helpful environment.
Pros
Good place to grow
Cons
non
Excellent Institution
Professional Assistant Professor of Communication (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Great job in higher education. Campus is continually growing. Parking is tight. Getting on and off campus can be time consuming- it is on an island.

College of Liberal Arts is dynamic and challenging.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Can get that "island " lifestyle- slow moving at times.
Sleazy Human Resources Leaders
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 16, 2019
I would not be very trusting in the Human Resources leaders for Texas A & M University especially not King-ville TX site. Human resources have lied to me several times so I feel like I can't trust them anymore. Plus Human resources in King-ville TX office cannot keep confidential secrets. Only a couple hours after I told them stuff then I started getting harass by my manager who obviously was told by Human resources everything which just happen. This is my biggest negative complaint for Texas A & M King-ville: the Human resources people at the very top. Human resources can make or break a company image for good or bad. And here in this particular region of the university for King-ville the very bad Human resources leadership who assumed responsibility last year now makes this regional university campus awful place to work
Cons
The human resources at the top for King-ville is the worst part because they are incompetent

Want to know more about Texas A&M University?

Ask a question
Maritime School training
Second Assistant Engineer, M/V Texas Clipper II (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Worked as an assistant engineer during a yearly cadet training cruise. Excellent professional atmosphere. Cadets and staff were second to none. Glad I had the opportunity to work for Texas A&M.
Don't ever trust HR
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Until recently, this university was okay to work for. A few months ago, they brought in new HR leadership who is just plain atrocious. I've had numerous bad experiences with HR so far this year alone. They do not return phone calls or emails, nor do they give sound advice. The highest levels of HR leadership at Texas A&M (Kingsville Texas) should be reassigned from how I honestly feel. I don't honestly feel like top leadership for this university's HR department truly cares about what is best for the university or its employees. And instead, to me it just seems like HR leadership here selfishly cares about the easiest ways to do their own jobs while exerting the least amount of creativity in making the university a better place to work. The worst part of working here so far is the fact that HR in my opinion is definitely not to be trusted. There have been numerous instances of them deliberately breaching confidentiality... only to completely deny it afterwards when I knew it was them who had violated my confidentiality in the first place. HR leadership in my opinion, particularly for Kingsville Texas branch of the university system is highly unethical.
Pros
The training has been pretty decent so far.
Cons
The HR leadership at Texas A&M Kingsville is highly unethical.
Nice environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 12, 2019
It was a nice environment, coworkers are nice and help you out when needed. The benefits are minimum, the facility has a break room to rest when needed.
Fun and Challenging
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 11, 2019
I learned a lot working as a student researcher. The people I worked for and with were excellent. The hours worked really well with my classes. It was a great place to work.
Social Officer for Eta Kappa Nu
Social Chair (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 8, 2019
We had weekly meetings to relay progress on the various events we had planned throughout the semesters.
The typical workload revolved around planning 3 events a semester.
I learned how to plan a social event on a low budget, as well as how to properly communicate to the rest of the officer team what was required of them.
This was a fantastic position to hold and the team I worked with was fantastic.
its alright
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 7, 2019
lots of cuts across most universities, many disgruntled faculty, overworked and underpaid grad students. Area is very conservative and not always welcoming to minorities.
Slow Paced Environment
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 6, 2019
I enjoyed working as a student assistant, however the pace was very slow and oftentimes there wasn't anything to do. Great for someone who's just looking to sit around and do homework.
Pros
Free food occasionally
Cons
Slow paced environment
Fun workplace could meet a lot of new friends and people
Student Worker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 5, 2019
I really enjoyed working at TAMUC. The managers were very understanding of your work school schedule. I worked at the club where you could easily make a new friend any day. I also worked at Accounts Payable where my co workers were amazing and very easy going as well as at The Club.
competitive and multitasking to learn
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 3, 2019
Fully organised and standard academic environment for students to learn so fast. Texas A&M University provides adequate facilities and good learning atmosphere for interested students.
Sports ticket sales
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 3, 2019
this position was a seasonal part time position. I had a wonderful boss who was quick to answer questions and support her team. Advancement is likely.