Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Good life work balance
Lead Software Developer / Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 7, 2018
Good life work balance with less pay, I can raise my boys as well as keep my job but my project keep changing which is not accumulating my skillset for the long run.
Pros
Good life work balance
Cons
less pay
great
Supervisory Peer Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 28, 2018
A great place to work, flexible hours, flexible respoinsibilities. Demanding during peak times and relaxed otherwise. Working closely with students can be challenging.
Provides a fun work environement
Texarkana Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 26, 2018
I love my job, the atmosphere is a close and family orientated job. My boss is amazing and makes the job fun but there are guidelines. We work hard to meet our deadlines and celebrate after the success.
Pros
Pot lucks
Fun work place without stress
Web Master (Former Employee) –  CommerceNovember 20, 2018
There would be one hr for lunch break, everyone was very humble,used to help to do my work when i was new to the office. Every week there used to be a group meeting.
Associate Director, Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXNovember 20, 2018
Great people, great staff, great faculty. Lots of room to grow. Managers and supervisors allow many learning opportunities. I worked their for 18 years.
Pleasant place to work most of the time
BUSINESS ASSOCIATE II (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 16, 2018
Process CC charges in Concur.
Process invoices that came through email. Scan in packing slips to be matched with invoices.
Most of the time the workplace culture was a great place to work.
The change in Management and the change in the work environment after the change.
Most of my co-workers and what I did for my job I enjoyed the challenge of doing new things.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
This is a good place to live and work.
Instructional Design Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 16, 2018
I've been living in College Station for almost 8 years. A very peaceful small town. Texas A&M is a good university to study and work. The university cares about workplace culture.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Payment
Great job security
Technical Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 12, 2018
Never felt my job was in jeopardy or threatened. Enjoyed working with student workers. Loved the flexible schedule, loved the holiday schedules as well. Ability to spend time with family without taking pto.
University Setting
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Harte Research InstituteNovember 12, 2018
Work at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi is very rewarding. The faculty if professional and there is great potential for research and cross-collaboration amongst disciplines. Work/life balance pleasant and easy.
Pros
University setting, research opportunities
I Graded Papers for 10 hr a week as a student.
PEER GRADER (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 7, 2018
If you want to be a student grader this is a great way to earn some side money. You can make your own schedule so long as you can meet the professor's deadlines.
Productive and Learning Workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  kingsville, TXNovember 5, 2018
Productive and Learning Workplace. Has very lively atmosphere around. Texas A&M University is a coeducational public research university. Texas A&M's student body is the largest in Texas and the largest in the United States.
Great intern working experience
Graduate Student Assistant in Business (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 25, 2018
I enjoyed working as an economics student assistant during my time studying on my MBA. It was a great work environment with supportive, kind professors. I highly recommend working here.
Pros
Flexible student-work balance
Cons
Not a long-term position
Great environment for students to work.
MSC Loading Dock Student Worker (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 24, 2018
Simple tasks for students to complete which gave me plenty of time to do homework. I only worked in the Memorial Student Center Loading Dock, but there are a millennia of jobs that Texas A&M has to offer for students.
Strong University with smart research people
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 23, 2018
I'm just work with my professor about my research as a RA. At least, at ECE department, all researchers(students, professors and workers) are passionate about the work they do.
A typical graduate assistant experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 22, 2018
Did not quite have a good experience due to several issues that happened on a personal basis. Others have had good experiences. The Mays Business School's GA program does not pay as well as other departments at TAMU
Great
Student Mail Processor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 18, 2018
I very thoroughly without a single doubt in my entire mind in the whole world no exceptions thought that this job was fine. Not bad at all it was not.
Texas A&M University
Dishwashing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 16, 2018
I Just Like Working Out There Because I Get My Job Done Without Everyone Bothering Me It Is A Good Corporation To Work For Because You Learn Alot And They Are Nice People
Cons
I did not 'work' at Texas A&M.
Student (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 15, 2018
I convinced the Air Force to send me to college while on Active Duty, and was accepted into the Aerospace Engineering program there. I did not draw a 'salary' or 'work' for the college.
Pros
Outstanding School
Cons
None.
Nice circumstance for research
Research Scholar (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 15, 2018
Research about a new model for a mixture of two fluids with my host professor.
Learned to use a software ANSYS FLUENT for our numerical calculation.
All the staffs are nice and helpful for me to get accustomed to the new place.
Fun Place to work
BUSINESS ANALYST COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXOctober 10, 2018
Fun place to work, energetic people, easy and relaxing atmosphere, able to earn vacation hours depending on your tenure. Went thru a serious illness and was not ever made to feel guilty due to my time off.