Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

I did not 'work' at Texas A&M.
Student (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 15, 2018
I convinced the Air Force to send me to college while on Active Duty, and was accepted into the Aerospace Engineering program there. I did not draw a 'salary' or 'work' for the college.
Pros
Outstanding School
Cons
None.
Nice circumstance for research
Research Scholar (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 15, 2018
Research about a new model for a mixture of two fluids with my host professor.
Learned to use a software ANSYS FLUENT for our numerical calculation.
All the staffs are nice and helpful for me to get accustomed to the new place.
Fun Place to work
BUSINESS ANALYST COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXOctober 10, 2018
Fun place to work, energetic people, easy and relaxing atmosphere, able to earn vacation hours depending on your tenure. Went thru a serious illness and was not ever made to feel guilty due to my time off.
Texas A&M is the most organized and loyal university
Admissions Counselor / Athletic Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work was assisting prospective students with the admissions application and answering any questions for which the prospective student or their parents had regarding the admissions process. I worked with the Admissions Office by promoting the university by conducting presentations, leading campus tours, scheduling and meeting with prospective students and their parents along with follow-up with phone calls and emails. I also helped coordinate registration and activities for the admissions office and the Corp of Cadets. I also assisted the Athletic Department with coordinating football clinics and golf tournaments.
Pros
Being welcomed into the A&M family and representing the school and its traditions.
Cons
I wish I would have been able to stay long enough to work full-time.
good place for student workers
Student Server Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 8, 2018
they work with your school shedule, and the pay is very fair. The school also feels you lunch and that is a plus. if you have trests they are leniant on letting u have off to study.
Pros
free lunch, time off if needed
Cons
not many hours
Excelent University
RESEARCH SCHOLAR (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 7, 2018
I visited TAMU-Agricultural department as a summer intern and a cultural exchange participant. Culture in the department was good. Multicultural exchange was promoted.
Na
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 7, 2018
Because its a graduate research assistant, lot of work with lot of experience . friendly environment to work. Hardest part of job of is to maintain work life balance.
TAMU-C is a pleasant work place
Associate Director of Libraries (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXOctober 5, 2018
I received support from my supervisor and was given opportunities to learn and grow. Good work was recognized.Campus constituents were pleasant to work with.
Physics Peer Leader
Peer leader for Physics 218 (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 3, 2018
I was a physics peer leader at A&M (if you get a chance to be, DO IT!) It is a ton of fun and I absolutely loved it. I also feel like because I did it I now know my physics (218) SO much better than I did after I'd only taken the class.
Pros
Learn phyiscs better, so fun, increases problem solving skills, looks good on resume, on campus
Cons
can be time consuming
Stable workplace with nice people
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 3, 2018
Management is excellent. They are highly invested in your success. There are always classes and courses available to take to further your knowledge of your job and skills.
Productive, easy work environment
Lead Institutional Student Worker (Current Employee) –  6300 Ocean DriveOctober 3, 2018
Worked with a team of other students. Very comfortable feel and easy work environment. Hours are flexible, and school always comes first. You have the ability to possibly work on homework while working.
Terrible environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 2, 2018
I had friends that had a better experience in other departments, but mine was atrocious. Poor management, poor pay, no advancement, and constantly threatened my position for the slightest infraction. Initiative was NOT encouraged, and differences of opinion or suggestions for workplace improvement were reprimanded. I learned early on to be a yes-man, and do only enough to get by to save my sanity.
Productive and fun place to work.
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 1, 2018
Learned how to manufacture printed circuit boards. During this process also learned how to design using Eagle. Improved my skills in soldered small SMD components.
Nice Environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 1, 2018
I had a very good experience.
If you do not have problem with the location, and you can live in a not so big town, CS offers everything you need, without the stress of big cities.
Loved working for the Computing Services Center at Texas A&M
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 26, 2018
As an Aggie, there will likely never be a better place to work than Texas A&M. I worked there as a student and then full time as a systems analyst. The best part of working at Texas A&M was the other staff members. The second best was being able to attend conferences and other training on a regular basis. It was a win-win situation for the employee and TAMU. Management was supportive and provided good direction.
As a Reseach Assistant.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I have been working as a teaching assistant and research assistant here. The department support us well by providing us these opportunities. I learned a lot from these opportunities.
so so
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 24, 2018
The professors here are biased to people from the North. The are more laid back to the point where they lose contact with the rest of America. Its okay/
great environment
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Texas college stationSeptember 23, 2018
1.local people are very nice.
2. great campus.
3. good researching platform.
4. equipped with complete equipment.
5. nice boss give a great guidence
6. great co-workers.
Missing my life in TAMU
Lecturer & Research Associate (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 20, 2018
* Time well spent and everything is very organized.

* Learned leadership, managing large groups, project management

* Workplace culture is excellent except few blue-collars

* Teaching anything first time

* I enjoyed every bit of it
Great job to earn experience and to network, but no long-term advancement within reach.
Employee (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Texas A&M Athletics is a premiere department to be employed by within the university, but a lot of the senior staff members turn over relatively fast. With new leadership every few years the department lacks a commitment to employees, long-term and short-term. Morale is relatively low among staff, as most are overworked and underpaid.