Texas A&M University

United States1,645 reviews

Found 1,645 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,663 reviews
universitytamustudentprofessorgraduatecampusfacultylab

Student Worker

Great job that understands you’re a student. They will let you work on assignments while on the clock and are very flexible with scheduling. Highly recommend.

Very disorginized

HR is not helpful if you run into issues, pay is not great, and benefits are so/so. Don't expect raises because they will not be coming your way.

Texas A&M University insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals

not much to say

very low pay job here but college station is very cheap to live in and food here is not bad. So living here is ok. The work is fine just also a lot of teaching since it is a big school so a lot of kids.

I worked there 25 years, so we became very close and appreciated each other's specialties.

I was so lucky to work in an environment that I was able to constantly learn and be trusted to take on the responsibility of managing the machines that did the functions that I, as a student, had to do by carrying punch cards around campus.

Toxic work environment, from the top down

For a research setting, PIs are ineffective, poor managers with no accountability. Upper administration ignores issues so nothing is ever resolved. Toxic work environments, inability to communicate clearly, and rampant hate speech towards BIPOC, disabled, and non-heteronormative communities are tolerated and even encouraged in some instances.

Friendly and Inclusive Workplace

Resident Advisor is one of the best student jobs on campus. The convenience of living on campus is excellent. Coworkers and team leads are friendly. You must meet specific deadlines, so keep track of time as you have to be good at juggling work and school. Regardless, the job is flexible.

Great work for engineering students looking for PT job

The worst thing about the job is the students using the labs, never had an issue with a fellow coworker. Students can be a lot, for instance, getting upset about not being allowed to wear shorts in a lab for example. Aside from that, they work around your school schedule, and give better pay than most on campus jobs. I never felt stressed, and could always finish up assignments or homework during down time.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Experiences may vary.

Loose cannons. Unreliable or absent management. Lack of mentorship, negativity, expletives, and name-calling. Graduate research positions are likely variable, and I had overall bad experiences.

It is very good to as the research assistant

Work as a research assistant is a very nice experience. several days for sick leave each month and also has paid personal leave. people here is also nice to communicate

Good place to work.

Pay isn't as good a private sector but that's to be expected. You get a lot of holidays. There are lots of places to work so you can move up or to another location.

Great student worker positions

I was a student worker and had great opportunities to gain real experience! It set me up to get job offers after I graduated since I really learned how to navigate the office.

Great!

Great environment and experience for students with an interest in journalism or content creation. It was mostly unpaid for the time I worked there, but they tried to throw us some money when they could. The editors were great, helped me hone my skills and taught me lots.

Salary Should Competitive with Market

Salary should be increased to keep your best employee and also encourage others to join. Right now salary is below the market. More and more employees are leaving since the beginning of COVID-19.

puting up with students

walking all the building and talking to all people and the hardest part is placing a person in jail for a mistake they made . taking care the place and making sure nothing happen in the area.

student job

was a good job in college. nice people and work with your schedule. mainly office work and helping professors. was able to do homework during work after tasks

Their flexible and top rated. I enjoy working there

There is job advancement in all areas within the College. Friendly people and overall "Exiting and serving the athletes for all the hard work they do and contribute to Texas A &M.

Not very stressful

I made my own hours so it was fine. Not too stressful. Help freshman get comfortable at TAMU. Sometimes they wouldn't show up but I wasn't required to allow them to make it up but I always did. Not too much responsibility for the money.

Okay place for graduate school

The program has changed so much in the past 4 years that it is difficult to explain to incoming graduate students what the requirements are for the incoming class. The graduate office, while most people working there are competent-those who are not are often deemed more important and therefore the new policies sometimes don't make sense.

Pros

Communicate effectively

Cons

Unorganized

Overall, good place to work.

Very easy jobs as a student. Flexible hours, good pay. Easy to do homework on the job. Duties depend on the department. People are generally very nice.

Great Work Experience

I worked for this institution for 12 years before deciding to go back to college. Great place for job advancement. Began as part-time. Moved to full-time in less than a year. Received pay raises and bonuses each year.

Overworked and underpaid, under-guided

Worked in ICU for almost 2 years. High patient counts with not enough staff, long hours (10-13+ hr shifts) with no dedicated breaks/lunch etc, low pay for the amount of work and not enough guidance or support from management on weekend shifts. Employees also have to pay for parking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Texas A&M University.
Powered byComparably

Compare Texas A&M University with

Studying at Texas A&M University

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews

Texas A&M University reviews by popular job title