TEXAS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION

TEXAS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION Employee Reviews

Licensing
Good agency to work for and presented great opportunities. However, legislators decide everything which can be difficult to adjust. Their decisions aren't always easy to implement.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Politics
fun
its a great job good benefits decent pay never a dull moment management is very good and understanding and it challenges me to be the very best i can be
Flexibility
Good: Flexibility of hours, able to take care of personal matters.
Bad: Environment, not able to work remotely even at least once a month, in a cube, being the admin of the LMS I need to be on the phone helping other employees or creating courses for online and in the classroom and there's no privacy.
Good Place to Work
I have been there for almost 2 years & I work with the best people around! I find support when needed with new unknown projects for me. Work is very flexable and I do enjoy working there.
Rewarding and interesting place to work. I learned a lot.
Very good place to work. Supervisors and agents were great. Office was in a nice location with lots of parking. I was provided all the equipment needed to do my job. Workers were provided with a nice break room for lunch or breaks. Very good group to work with.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Unprofessional and corrupted
Supervisors are very unprofessional and corrupted!! They show favoritism to those who kiss butt! If they don’t like you they do everything in there power to get rid of you. If The state of Texas only knew what’s really going on it would probably be shut down!! These supervisors are a poor representation of the state of Texas and should be investigated!! Stay away from this toxic place!
Awesome job, pay not so good
I had a good time with TABC! Loved the people, loved my job, but the pay was awful. We did a lot of work and the pay did not show for it. The work environment, in my opinion, was fun and relaxed. We did have deadlines to work with, but that wasn’t too bad.
Pros
Work hours flexible
Cons
Pay was very little for all work done
This Agency is a Joke
Toxic environment, abuse of authority, intimidation tactics and mostly poorly trained and uneducated supervisors. Don’t recommend this pathetic agency at all, Hope it comes crashing down!
Pros
Cons
Agency is corrupt, biased, and favoritism thrives in this environment
It was an awsome place to work untill they changed it.
They did a restructural of the whole agency. I didn't approve of the changes. There was no room to advance the only move was to supervisor there was a waiting list for that position.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
You were capped out no room for advancment.
Typical work day
A compliance officer must adhere to shift work, cash handling, high customer service and much leverage to make decisions for customer care. Will work holidays, weekends and night regardless of weather conditions.
great team with constrained resources
one of the best teams I've worked with. Strong management support but the challenge of making aging systems perform modern work was constantly there.
Some team members could have been better at helping to participate instead of watching the clock.
Can be a good place to work
Really good people work here and there is a family type atmosphere for the most part. Like any government job, there will be politics involved. It is a good place to work, but it is not for everyone.
night work
The job itself was fine. It was working until 3 in the morning and going home smelling like smoke from the bars and then having to try and sleep with my new born twins. Staff was nice, pay was good.
Very political assignment. Usually a political job.
very political position. you must play the game in order to stay there until retirement get in and gain experience and then get out. Very much a good ol boy organization.
Cons
Red neck organization.
Corrupt and Deceitful
Management is corrupt Agency needs to be totaly investigated.They make their own laws and cheat and steal from the citizens that import liqour by bundling prices on some bottles and charging the right way on other.Also your state benefits are not given they are subject to supervisors approval there is also no lunch breaks you eat in your booth and have to take care of costumers while you eat.Only thing that matters is making revenue.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Supervisors, benefits are not given, forced to work long hours
Boring
Office is very slow. Position I had was really not needed. Work I was responsible for was actually duties that could have been handled by other staff and supervisor. Spent many days trying to find things to keep me busy. Pay is set by the state and pay raises are given based on the state career ladder. Pay rate for civilians is near poverty level.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay scale for civilians.
Great environment, friendly people
It was a friendly place to work for. Working 8-5 and moving at your own pace. I've had a lot of opportunities to take free in- training services and using that to my advantage. From Microsoft word to entering Data for travel, Payroll, and Accounts Payable. Management was easy to work with and the work culture was the best part about the job. The hardest part and the job was being able to maintain the different task that was given. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to have state holidays off to spend with family.
Pros
Healthcare, Retirement, Environment, Training
Cons
Workload, Vacant positions, Turnover rate
Fun job, terrible management and work environment.
This is one job that red-tape and poor management ruins it. Expect to work odd schedules such as Tue-Thur 10am to 6pm and then Fri-Sat 6pm to 3am. You will have set days off (Sunday and Monday for probably your entire career).

Benefits are good (state of Texas) and you get a take-home car.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
Terrible hours and days off. Poor management.
It was a great position
TABC was a great position that I had for a short amount of time. I actually wish I could have stayed there longer, but I was offered another job (and I HATE IT). If I could go back to the TABC, I most definitely would.
Enjoyable work enviroment
A typical work day was to check on inventory and to help customers with purchases or returns.
I learned how to get along with management and co-workers.
Pros
Cons
Salalry
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Working at TABC allowed me to work full-time and complete my degree at the same time. The schedule rotated, but the supervisor and coworkers were flexible, allowing shift trades.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEXAS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION. Our community is ready to answer.
TEXAS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION Reviews by Location