TEXAS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION

• Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Licensing

Good agency to work for and presented great opportunities. However, legislators decide everything which can be difficult to adjust. Their decisions aren't always easy to implement.

Pros

Leadership

Cons

Politics

Potentially great place, horrible management

It could be a great job - it’s with the State, great benefits, reasonable pay, you’ll know your schedule for the month so you can plan around it, fairly easy tasks. BUT the management is horrible. Unless you are a favorite or on that side, you can easily be fired for anything - even the things that the “favorites” do. They are hypocritical. They are unreasonable. By far the worst management I’ve ever dealt with. Wildly immature because they discuss the office gossip with employees, so personal things are not kept secret. Maybe another port is different but Progreso is horrible.

Pros

Benefits, reasonable pay, scheduling

Cons

No specified lunch - you eat when you can, management, office environment

Work here at your own risk

Use to be an organized decent place to work for now it just out awful. Field works getting treated the worse. Austin is the only place where advancement and pay increase occurs. Field works are subject to horrible working conditions oh and the pay is down right disrespectful! Do yourself a favor and find employment anywhere other thank TABC.

Horrible Management

Can be interesting work at times but too many selfish Supervisors that don’t look out for their officers. Inconsistent schedules and no weekends off. You bank a lot of time but they don’t let you use it.

State agency unpaid overworked

There are some very unqualified people in management position. There is favoritism. Sometimes to the point of a hostile work environment. The lack of trusting employees to do their jobs and be treated as adults.

Pros

Insurance with ERS

Cons

No breaks overworked comp time not allowed managers are not given discretion

Job seekers rely on your experience.

There is no opportunity for professional growth. This agency does not pay well and seldom gives raises. The environment is unprofessional.

Do not apply for a job at TABC if you are a professional, want to grow and advance, or be paid what you are worth. You will not be respected. You will not be promoted. You will be subjected to the whims of outsiders. You will be required to act unethically.

fun

its a great job good benefits decent pay never a dull moment management is very good and understanding and it challenges me to be the very best i can be

Flexibility

Good: Flexibility of hours, able to take care of personal matters. Bad: Environment, not able to work remotely even at least once a month, in a cube, being the admin of the LMS I need to be on the phone helping other employees or creating courses for online and in the classroom and there's no privacy.

Good Place to Work

I have been there for almost 2 years & I work with the best people around! I find support when needed with new unknown projects for me. Work is very flexable and I do enjoy working there.

Rewarding and interesting place to work. I learned a lot.

Very good place to work. Supervisors and agents were great. Office was in a nice location with lots of parking. I was provided all the equipment needed to do my job. Workers were provided with a nice break room for lunch or breaks. Very good group to work with.

Jobs at TEXAS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION

See more jobs

Unprofessional and corrupted

Supervisors are very unprofessional and corrupted!! They show favoritism to those who kiss butt! If they don’t like you they do everything in there power to get rid of you. If The state of Texas only knew what’s really going on it would probably be shut down!! These supervisors are a poor representation of the state of Texas and should be investigated!! Stay away from this toxic place!

Awesome job, pay not so good

I had a good time with TABC! Loved the people, loved my job, but the pay was awful. We did a lot of work and the pay did not show for it. The work environment, in my opinion, was fun and relaxed. We did have deadlines to work with, but that wasn’t too bad.

Pros

Work hours flexible

Cons

Pay was very little for all work done

This Agency is a Joke

Toxic environment, abuse of authority, intimidation tactics and mostly poorly trained and uneducated supervisors. Don’t recommend this pathetic agency at all, Hope it comes crashing down!

Pros

Cons

Agency is corrupt, biased, and favoritism thrives in this environment

It was an awsome place to work untill they changed it.

They did a restructural of the whole agency. I didn't approve of the changes. There was no room to advance the only move was to supervisor there was a waiting list for that position.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

You were capped out no room for advancment.

Typical work day

A compliance officer must adhere to shift work, cash handling, high customer service and much leverage to make decisions for customer care. Will work holidays, weekends and night regardless of weather conditions.

great team with constrained resources

one of the best teams I've worked with. Strong management support but the challenge of making aging systems perform modern work was constantly there. Some team members could have been better at helping to participate instead of watching the clock.

Can be a good place to work

Really good people work here and there is a family type atmosphere for the most part. Like any government job, there will be politics involved. It is a good place to work, but it is not for everyone.

night work

The job itself was fine. It was working until 3 in the morning and going home smelling like smoke from the bars and then having to try and sleep with my new born twins. Staff was nice, pay was good.

Very political assignment. Usually a political job.

very political position. you must play the game in order to stay there until retirement get in and gain experience and then get out. Very much a good ol boy organization.

Cons

Red neck organization.

Corrupt and Deceitful

Management is corrupt Agency needs to be totaly investigated.They make their own laws and cheat and steal from the citizens that import liqour by bundling prices on some bottles and charging the right way on other.Also your state benefits are not given they are subject to supervisors approval there is also no lunch breaks you eat in your booth and have to take care of costumers while you eat.Only thing that matters is making revenue.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Supervisors, benefits are not given, forced to work long hours

Boring

Office is very slow. Position I had was really not needed. Work I was responsible for was actually duties that could have been handled by other staff and supervisor. Spent many days trying to find things to keep me busy. Pay is set by the state and pay raises are given based on the state career ladder. Pay rate for civilians is near poverty level.

Benefits

Cons

Low pay scale for civilians.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEXAS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare TEXAS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION with