Texas Capital Bank Employee Reviews

Good pay - Good benefits / Bad upper management
IT Customer Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 15, 2018
The pay is great and the 401k matching is good.

IT Management is terrible. The new CIO only listens to her direct reports and doesn't bother finding out for herself what is really going on. Because of this, many people have left or were pushed out because of bad decisions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
Love The Culture!
RISK AND CONTROL BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Texas Capital BankDecember 27, 2018
The culture of Texas Capital is amazing! They truly try to make sure the employees are comfortable and engaged at work! They offer a lot of amenities, the give opportunities to engage in health and total wellness and their compensation was fair for the market.
Growing and has great potential with the current changes that are taking place
Client Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 15, 2018
I really like TCB. Overall the company is great and I wish I could retire there. However I need to grow more and advance my career at least one more step and under the current circumstances there’s no room for advancement at the time. Also their insurance benefits are EXTEWNWLY pricey with outrageous deductibles or plan premiums. It really hits hard with me having to carry my entire family.
Pros
Great company!
Cons
Can tend to have faulty processes due to being behind with their technology.
Great place
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
I've been at Tcb for just over 2 years and I love it here. I've been able to work with great people in upper management and my direct management team. They are a firm believer in giving me space to grow but also supporting me when I raise my hand. I intend on being here a long time and I'd highly recommend working here. There is a standard of excellence that is encouraged which means putting in a lot of hours but I wouldn't have it any other way. I want to be the best so I am not afraid to work hard to be the best.
Pros
Discounts on health benefits, relaxed atmosphere and heavy management support
Cons
Need better systems for my job function
Great people but bad management
Funding specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Love the people who works there in every department. It is very unfortunate that management allows office bullying. Listens to other managers over employees. Top CEO indicated in town hall that management had no people skills or management skills and needed training but never followed through.
Worked there 3 years and only allowed 2 weeks pro that can be used as vacation or sick time. If you get sick for a week that's a week less on vacation and vice versa. Not allowed to make up time. Cut backs on overtime. When it gets busy they hire outside contractors over allowing overtime and keep as contractors over 2+years never letting them know if they will get hired but lures them in like they will. Management goes by staff to determine a contractor worth or likeability over analyzing for themselves. If staff doesn't agree, they will be let go immediately. Many managers have less than a year in work history as a manager and many are micro managers.
Unfortunate as new company to the mortgage side but very behind on software for type of industry, severely lack quality management with no people skills at all who doesn't appreciate their people working there. Many complaints about management from variety of departments. Very sad
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
All Extremely inexperienced and micro managers
Warehouse Lead shouldn't be one
Funder/Collateral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 24, 2018
Lead is very rude and disrespectful. Micromanagement was getting too out of control I enjoy my position and job duties.
WAREHOUSE LENDING DEPARTMENT
Pros
Month End Lunches
Cons
No breaks unless you are a smoker
Wolves in Sheep clothing
Past Employee (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Beware of working in the Warehouse Lending department. This department is designed as a pyramid as any other company but the tops don't know how the bottom employees are really treated (not in an ethical way).
Pros
Pay and Benifits
Cons
Very stressful especially month end
Great
Collateral Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 18, 2018
Fun place to work. The people were nice. Growing company. A lot of changes as it keeps getting bigger. A lot of opportunities for change and growth.
great place to work
Eligibility Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I have enjoyed working here for over 2 years. Great working environment. No stress work place and managers work with you to achieve your work progress along with great co workers
Pros
workplace great
Cons
layoff
Fun place to work!
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 11, 2018
The culture is amazing and unlike any company I've worked for. Everyone is so friendly, and there seems to always be room for growth. Opinions are welcome and considered. The work life balance is highly respected and Texas Capital Bank, overall, is just a fun place to work!
Pros
Culture, Opportunities, Pay, Work Life Balance
Senior Executives Show Strong Leadership
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 30, 2018
Company has a strong mission. Senior executives are true to the mission and exemplify the mission. Company values its employees. Senior executives are friendly and approachable.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2018
Culture is great with great people.

Not a lot of politics.

Great management that is very accessible.

High growth rate.

Biggest con is that the bank is growing, which brings ever increasing regulation.
relaxed and family work enviroment
Deposit Operations Rep (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 14, 2018
Reconcilement, Research and Clearing or Reconciling items for internal accounts. Perform Customer Research and will make corrections to transaction accounts. Handles the processing of various types of exception checks and deposits within required internal and Governmental time frame.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2017
I worked in various departments in this bank and never had an issues. Depending on who your manager is, this is a great place to work. CEO, COO are awesome and wonderful people to work with. They really care about there employees and how they feel. HR team here is awesome as well. They communicate very well and any questions you have. There was lot's of opportunities for advancement and good work life balance.
Pros
Free lunches, Yearly meeting with CEO
Cons
Some mangagers are bad
Very easy-going and friendly team atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 13, 2018
Office with multiple cubicles, very team oriented.
Very open and fun workplace with managers that you could talk to on a personable level. Always were open for your input and suggestions.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very long commute from my home.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2015
This company has been great! The only problem is that it is hard to move up because no one wants to leave the company and they aren't expanding in Austin. They have great benefits and schedule as well!
Pros
Great benefits and hours
Cons
Not a lot chances to move up.
Used to be A+
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2016
Typical work days are very long, and it appears they lost their focus on the "people" aspect of the job. Path for future growth was cutoff as positions were layered.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of focus on personnel's opinions and input.
Good company
Credit Underwriter, Mortgage Finance (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2018
Takes along time to advance but relaxed work environment with good people. Very nice office and good Company overall. It is hard to get into out of Underwriting and into a sales role.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Hard to Advance
Great Pay
TELLER BRANCH MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 16, 2018
The pay is great but it's hard to move up within the bank especially in the branches. Unless you work at corporate or headquarters, you are less likely to do so.
Pros
great hours, great pay
Cons
30 min lunches, no overtime, hard to move up, strict rules
Good Place to Work
Assistant Vice President, Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Good place to work in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Bank is experiencing rapid growth. Management isn't always ready for the growth or understand the regulatory issues.