Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Work Place
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Texas Children keeps employees busy. I have learned several different task within the medical record department. Management very understanding. Work place culture is good. Nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the communication.
Pros
communication
Excellent place to work
Baylor College of Medicine/ Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
TCH is a first class company that allows employees to grow and work in to a leadership position if desired. The culture is truly driven by the mission and vision statements. Cares about employees, pays is great and education is exceptional.
Pros
Culture, education and benefits
Cons
drive
A great benefit to the pediatric medical community
Security Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2018
I worked at TCH for almost 17 yrs and advanced 4 times within the same department. I enjoyed my time there and I feel I contributed to the mission....
Great Place to Work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 28, 2018
It's overall a great place to work, but there's some room for improvement. They can improve upon listening to their employees and having more than one point of contact when issues arise.
Face paced and stressful at times
Security (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
A typical day at TCH can be stressful depending on the department you work in. I have learned that it's not what you know, it's who you know. You would think that management over a department would know the job duties of the employees that they are supervising. The hardest part of the job is continuing to do my job while others sit back and just coast through the day.
Pros
Indoor work
Cons
Poor management
Great job and focus
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
TCH is wonderful! the nursing here is great and the doctors are smart and cutting edge. I enjoyed my time here. They paid VERY well and kept employees because of it!
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Fun place to work great benefits
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
Great place to work for with awesome benefits and lots of room for advancement. A place where you can balance work and home life. Pay is great. They pay for tuition reimbursement. Many places to transfer to with the Houston area with locations in Katy and Woodlands. So many wonderful things about this company. Working with great families and bubbly environment.
A typical day at work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
On a day of work I spend most of my days working on service ticket and answering email. Usually after finishing my work I will help my fellow coworker.
busy but very productive and challenging at times
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
a typical night at work consist of getting report about both the unit and the assignment you have for the night. Making sure if your area has an admit bedspace to get all the items that are needed to fulfill this potential admission. There may be a possibility of running labs to the laboratory or getting blood from the blood bank. I enjoy working at TCH because it's a fun place to work but it can be challenging sometimes because of the individuals you are working with
Pros
good place to work, great benefits
Cons
management can be a little better, to many clicks/friendships in leadership
Staff Nurse and Core Diabetes Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of fun! TCH makes it fun for patients as well as nurses. Management has its challenges especially on the floor I was working on but I'm sure that isn't the case on every unit. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the new and tedious things they implemented. The work place culture was great. Everyone was nice and friendly. I highly encourage anyone to work for TCH.
Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2018
Working with the children is great, co-workers are nice. Schedule is fairly flexible. Yearly pay raises are low though and not much opportunity for advancement.
Management is horrible
Ambulatory Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
while there are great doctors and big variety of specialties, the environment and the culture is horrible. Management will promote very easily while employees will have to fight over one promotion/position. The only things that managers are care for is how to make money. They won't invest in their employees and will always find away to blame someone else for their wrong. Favoritism is a big issue, managers will do above and beyond to please one person while the rest might suffer from it.
Pros
good benefit
Cons
everything else
Quick Pace
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2018
Very busy SVP, meetings, travel arrangements, interaction with different people throughout the organization. Great respect for my SVP, appreciated at all times
Pros
Learning opportunties
Cons
Lack of advancement
Very slow paces pediatric clinic
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellaire, TXJune 11, 2018
This job is good for someone who doesn't mind a slow paced working clinic. Who don't mind people being rude and not helpful. Management not being far to the new employees
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Saturday work schedule, cleaning break rooms, very slow paced
confuse
Concept Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2018
I was a concept specialist at the food court. And in the being it was great but after something happened with the management know one was safe . And this meant me, because I lost my job do to something that had nothing to do with me . Because I was home with a broken ankle. However, I was railroaded and they listed me as a no rehire. A week later the manager was fired. I've tried to get the no rehire removed but know one will look into it.
Pros
It was an awesome place to work
Cons
management wasn't that great
Productive and fulfilling place to work
Communications Ctr. Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston,TXJune 10, 2018
I really like working at Texas Children's Hospital! The work is very fulfilling, knowing that you are helping someone and their family. I would encouraged anyone to apply for a job at Texas Children's Hospital.
Promote growth within your establish occupation.
Outpatient Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030June 8, 2018
Promote growth within your establish occupation. Really care about their employees. They may the job enjoyable and flexible to you life outside of work.
Great place to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 6, 2018
It really is a great place to work for. I was lucky to be part of a big family including providers, co-workers, and patients. We all looked out for each other. Helped each other out during and after hurricane Harvey. But there is always, that ONE person, that bad apple in the bunch and of course they are the ones that stay behind while everyone else trickles away.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Poor management
Whirlwind days
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 5, 2018
Ever changing pace and never the same thing. Scheduling is always on the front burner and your work days are never the same. Some days are fast paced while others are slow. The culture of Texas Children's is a melting post and you are exposed to multi cultures on a regular basis. Management is available and mostly willing to work with you to help with whatever you need.
Pros
Great teammates; nice working atmosphere
Cons
HR personell needs improvement
Great place so far.
Supply Chain Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 5, 2018
I like it here so far. It's a great place to be. The environement is postive and the people i work with are fun to be around. Everyone helps each other out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

70out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Texas Children's Hospital.

Powered by Comparably