Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Amazing Mission
Assistant Director - Senior Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
The nice thing is when you have a rough day, you are surrounded by patients you are impacting on a daily basis. The overall mission is meaningful and what keeps a lot of employees around.
Work summary
SAP HANA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
• Worked as a HANA modeler lead in a team of 10.
• Involved in gathering User Requirements by conducting workshops, created detailed Functional Design Documents and converted to Technical requirements.
• Hands on experience in a Native Hana environment. Created multiple schemas and table definitions.
• Created Attribute views, analytical view and calculated views. Good Knowledge in SAP SLT and SDI.
• Hands on in loading data into table definitions, suspending data loads, resuming data loads. Created information objects (packages, attribute views, analytic views, calculation views Graphical and SQL script based).
Fun place to work
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 10, 2018
Great place to work, Great management I only left becuse I thought I would be able to find a job with the same feel making more money. I didn't. I wish I never left.
Great co-workers
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2018
The company truly cares about the employees. Middle management is tough as they are often caught in the middle. The nursing leaders in the Neonatal Units and Women's Services units were great with employee development
Pros
great compensation
Cons
tough to take PTO
I work Internship clinical rotation
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2018
I love their system and how they treat patients.
I learn a lots skills for patients care

- Provide directly quality care to patients daily
- Monitoring EMR, Blood Pressure, Heart Rate on patients and intake Patients before Test
- Performing ANS test on Patients and send results to Physicians
- Answer questions from Patients and their families
Excellent Hospital for children
Manager- Business Operations and Support Services (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
Wonderful institution for children’s medical needs. Management and leadership of the organization should prepare strategic plans to advance non exempt employees which have been with the organization five years or more. There is very limited movement in the organization for promotion or career advancement. Most senior level positions have been held by the same staff in some areas for 25 plus years.. leaving nowhere for other leaders to advance forward.
Pros
Shuttle service, near downtown
Cons
Leadership communication
Pharmacy dept
Phamacy tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2018
Overall TCH is great hospital but the pharmacy department’s values do not match with the hospital. The people at TCH pharmacy are ghetto, bullies and disorganized. Especially the training department. After your first week of orientation you are on your own. Nobody seems to care what happens to you thereafter. Pharmacy department has a sink or swim mentality and ppl refuse to help or get mad if you ask a question. Thank goodness you can transfer within six months. Every where else in the hosptial seems to a good place to work minus the pharmacy department it is a trashy ghetto place to work!!!
Pros
Pay, lunch breaks, 401k, pension and benefits
Cons
Pharmacy
Great opportunity for growth and learning
Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I Love working at Texas Children's hospital. I have grown so much in my career,Found my passion for pediatic nursing, and gained skills that I will use everywhere I work.
summary review
Student Intern - Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Well organized place to work. Has very good benefit for employees.
A typical work day is a very busy day for me and my preceptor. We have to see between 20-30 patients a day with all the documentations.
They come together to have a short office meeting to keep every individual informed of new changes or polices.
The hardest part of the job is when the provider has to room some patients in and also to read the lab results themselves otherwise there is nothing difficult to do their clinic.
The most enjoyable thing there is the team spirit. They work as a family and ready to take up others responsibilities so far the person has been trained to carry out the function.
Productive workplace with great mission
Manager, Contracts Administration (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Productive workplace with great mission of healing sick children. I enjoy my job and the work I do but, I would like an opportunity with more opportunities for personal growth and development.
Great Hospital
Emergency room nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2018
A great hospital to work for and be a part of a beautiful mission. Cons have to do with budgeting and staffing. That is a universal nursing unit deal I believe. Constantly learning and things are constantly developing to hopefully make process smoother for health care providers and patients. Sometimes can be a lot to keep up with and a lot of training, but it is all for a good cause. Benefits are pretty good. Management is unit specific.
Pros
Career development and advancement, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, demanding
Working with kids
5 West Acute Care/SIU Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Working as a manager in a pediatric unit is extremely rewarding. The nurses and ancillary staff that I work with are phenomenal and truly care about the children we care for.
Great Place to Work
Specialty Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
TCH is a fantastic organization to work for. They really take care of their staff. They support staff learning new things, provide excellent benefits.
Manger
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 14, 2018
This clinic used to be a great place to work. The set up flowed. Staff enjoyed working together. Management changed and so did the work environment . Staff is no longer happy. The staff is over worked and under appreciated. The company itself is wonderful. Plenty of education opportunities. Only problem is they are in the medical center. Benefits and salary were great by today’s standards.
Pros
The company is wonderful to work for
Cons
Only manger
Coding Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Revenue Cycle roles are stressful. Positions outside of Revenue Cycle are great. There is stability with the company. The executive leadership team is diverse.
The hardest part of the job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Felt as if I was never heard or taken into consideration. For being a huge name in the corporate world, I was highly disappointed upon leaving. It is nothing but the name.
avg day
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
good work day great people for the most part easy team to lead so i set up them up for success help the housekeepers set their day help with stripping and waxing floors
Awesome learning environment.
Summer Intern / Office Aid (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2018
I was only a summer intern but I learned a lot. Helped with office work as well as helped clean trays in the lab. That was the best thing honestly because I got to look at different specimens they were studying, loved that internship!
Registered Nurse, Neurosurgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2018
I love working for this organization. I feel valued as an employee. Wouldn't work anywhere else. Great atmosphere, working with kids is always a joy. Annual bonus based on how well the organization does and they pay it out right before Christmas. Awesome time to get a little extra cash.
Pros
great environment, annual bonus
Cons
starting pay is lower than other hospitals
Great Organization
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Love the atmosphere and organization. There is a lot of opportunity to advance and grow. The culture is very diverse and benefits are great and reasonable. This is by far the best organization I have worked for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight