Texas Children's Hospital
Information from Texas Children's Hospital:

Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

United States872 reviews
prioritizes kids happiness
.Everyone here just wants to make a child happy even though they aren't in the best of the situations. The environment is very light and refreshing. Everyone always has a smile on their face.
Know what you are going into
This company use to be phenomenal in every aspect but has recently grown so big that employees are not valued and are squashed if they try to speak up. Texas Children’s is focused on branding instead of developing leaders There is no trust in the department I work in and seems to be a common theme across the board managers are robots for the TCH way and no one should deviate from it advancement is unheard of if you are strong and have a voice
Food court is another company
I love the environment at times but since other companies took over it lost its meaning to the hospital. I want it to be all owned through tch not contractors.
Be prepared to work with unpreparedness
in my experience, you will often come across those who don't know as much as you but are in positions of leadership. it's not uncommon to be undervalued or overlooked because of unqualified leader gets ahead while working to keep you behind.
Reliable
Room for promotion through furthering education. You have to be a team player and be a friendly person. Energy is high, staff overall is friendly. Many opportunities to learn through CEU courses.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Not the best place to work
Not satisfied with how management handles new employees. I feel i dont have much autonomy in my line of work and I dont get to use my skills as much as i would like to. No room to grow at least for me
A very diverse company with great benefits
Most days I get into the office early to make sure everything is ready for our first patients. That includes walking the doctor through his schedule and looking through the office scheduling system to check for any changes. I do a similar task at the end of the day, responding to any messages in our scheduling system and walking the doctor through the plan for the next day.
Great company to work for--
12 Hour shifts--3 days a week --take care of 500,000 square ft buildings 2 man crew--no on call --everything is new top of the line building automation--great boss -plenty of help when you need it
Excellent place to work
Texas Children's Hospital, located in Houston, Texas, is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to create a healthier future for children and women. It has Excellent benefits, Texas Children cares about their employees. A cut above all other children hospitals.
I loved working for this company . I enjoyed the 17 yrs of employment . Manager really wasn’t that great of a person. My colleagues were made it Great.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Texas Children's Hospital?
Great Mission...terrible leadership
Executive leadership only cares about their bonus, period. All the decisions this hospital's leadership team makes are geared towards the brand of the hospital. They do not care about the staff. If there is a negative remark on Facebook or any other social media outlet about the hospital, they will terminate whoever said it. It's time to change the old guard which starts with the CEO and SVP Human Resources.
Pros
Good pay and great mission
Cons
terrible executive leadership
Management is a joke
Management will harass you. They only care about one thing and that’s there job and receiving bonus’s. TCH has a high turn around rate. The pay is good but not good enough to put up with harassment
Manager could careless about employees and department
The manager said to the staff she doesn't care if we get Coronavirus that's what we signed up for when we became an OR Instrument Technician. This hospital is always hiring and can't keep employees for the reason of the manager rude mean behavior. The department had too many sterile processing departments and terrible communication. There is no teamwork and a bad manager. Wouldn't advise anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
Have to rotate weekends and be on call and work during the weekend. There is no work-life balance
Productive and fun Place
Working at Texas Children's Hospital has been the most enjoyable work place environment for me. Granted this has been the only company that I worked for ever since college. Overall it has help mold me into the adult that I am.
The kids are amazing but the job culture is narrow minded
Individuality is not encouraged. Management makes it clear that you are disposable and easily replaced but someone who will conform. Process improvements are embraced only if fast and cheap with no real interest in culture change
Great Clinical Hospital but Unfriendly and Inexperienced in Research
Great abilities in clinical care, but horrifically lacking in ability to conduct scientific research. Willingness to invest in state of the art methods lacking and inappropriate appointments to leadership positions that lack expertise.
Patient Care is top notch
TCH is comprised of some the best physicians in the world. They are dedicated and focused on saving lives every day. When you see the great things that happen every day for patients and their families, you know you are in a great place.
Challenging but gratifying work environment. There's no boring moment! I love the flexibility in my schedule.
I love that I continuously use my critical thinking skills, lots of independency, sometimes challenging, hectic- understaff, too many patients to do plus emergencies,& delays...but I love it since it keep me engaged.
Pros
We do get free lunches/food at times as a sign of appreciation, recognized for hardwork & service done above & beyond. Cards sent for certain occasions- bday, death, etc
Cons
short break
Not the worse place to work
TCH does not provide enough work life balance. Time off is used from the same bank whether sick or for vacation. Compensation could be better as well. Overall a pretty good work place.
I love this job.
I really liked the job. The work itself was very pleasant. I learned a lot professionally and personally. The only bad part of the job is driving into the medical center. I really enjoyed working here.
Texas Children’s Pediatrics
TCP are horrible. The management does not have interest in the employees. A lot of favoritism! My supervisor is the only one who recognizes me for the work I do. She’s encouraging, but the practice manager hard time and has MAs on the floor training gives her
Pros
Texas Children’s Hospital great place
Cons
Texas Children’s Pediatrics horrible.... high high turnover
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Texas Children's Hospital.