Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Texas Children's
Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2017
Texas Children's is a wonderful place to work. Its culture is highly collaborative and progressive. The benefits and compensation are extremely competitive and includes parking.
Very nurse friendly
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
I worked at TCH for 10 years. It was the most amazing organization to be a part of. It is a very nurse centered facility. Everyone there is very kind and supportive. Physician and nurse interactions are encouraged and physicians are usually very approachable. The CEO and CNO are both very approachable. It was not unusual to see one of them in the morning greeting employees. TCH is a wonderful place to work!
Pros
Merit raises, benefits, lots of PTO, annual bonus, nurse’s week, nurse autonomy
Cons
Parking on day shift
Poor management with absent leadership
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2017
A typical day at work is scary due to being understaffed and no management or leadership present for support. The workplace culture is shrill due to being hangry and overworked. Some nurses will try to put on a nice face if asked how the work here is but most will be honest and tell you that this is not the place for you if you are looking for a supportive leader or work life balance. This seems to be across the board for most units and even clinics.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
impossible to take lunch breaks
Love this job
Pre- Service Insurance Verification Rep II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
If I had not been planning to move back to ny I would stay at tch best place to work at. The benefits are awesome as well as the culture at the job . Management are very thoughtful of their workers as well as the president mr mark wallace
Productive and a great place to work
Lead Communication Operator II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for the childrens facility and I am glad I had the opportunity of starting out with the West Campus facility when they first opened ther facility.
Pros
envornment
Cons
advancement
CEO and President who really cares about the employees
Sr. Bank Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2017
There are many opportunities for advancement here. Company offers tuition assistance for full and part time employees plus the benefits are great. Company provides for transportation and free parking if you choose to drive.
Pros
taking care of children
Cons
plan to work during natural desaters
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
If you want to work in pediatrics, this is a great place to start. It can be a fun place to work, however, it gets pretty busy. The best part of this job is the relationships you get to create with the patients and their families.
Enjoyable workplace
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2017
I really enjoy working for Texas Children's Hospital here at The Health Plan. I've been with the company for over a year now and I love everything about being here. My co workers are awesome as well as management. I would most definitely recommend others to join the company.
work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2017
Great company to work for when it comes down to learn and getting experience. The pay system wasn't good at all when I started the people where not making the money they should have. The over all system was great.
Pros
great company
Cons
The wages of the pay scale
Very Unorganized
Lead Baker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2017
The management in the kitchen were very unfriendly and unorganized. I also witnessed and experienced harassment, intimidation, and bullying by co-workers as well as management. The sad part is there is no help from human resources because there is no physical office only a call center where you talk to a different person every time.
Cons
unorganized and hostile work enviroment
Great Company
Sr. Orthopedic Technician (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 26, 2017
This was a great company who really cares for not just their patients but their employees. Without happy employees it effects patient care. WOuld work for them again.
Excellent place to work
File Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2017
Even though I kept telling my supervisor something was wrong with my brain repeatedly no one listened. Work was easy and it was very productive. The work I did makes it easier on the nursing staff to find files and there are less mistakes in the files because now doctors type up their own notes instead of someone transcribing hand written notes. Doctors are notorious for having horrible handwriting.
Pros
easy work
Cons
Fired after they heard I was in the hospitalized.
Bad management
Pediatrics, LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
I love Texas Children's and their employee appreciation from the company, but the practice managers don't appreciate their employees as much. They have favorites and don't appreciate the hard workers. They also expect too much from the employees and don't give them enough time to complete tasks.
Great Place
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  FLoat PoolNovember 14, 2017
Overall Texas Children's is an amazing place to work. The staff work very well together and the patient's make a busy day worth it! I loved TCH.....
Pros
great staff
Cons
very busy
Loved this job!
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2017
I learned so much during my internship at Texas Children's Hospital. I hope to achieve a career in healthcare now because of this internship, and can't wait to see how Texas Children's Hospital advances in the future.
Productive work enviornment
Pediatric Outpatient Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Loved the physicians and providers. Really care for their patients. Able to go to managers with any issues without judgement. Staff got along great which provided a fun work environment.
Health Information Floater
Health Information Floater (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
Fine customer service, file loose sheets in medical records, file medical records in terminal digit order, retrieving medical records to designated floors within the hospital clinics while working in outpatient medical records department, supply clinics with supplies to keep medical records up to date, translating for patient consultations, assist in any other duties answer phone call from patients and guide them to the right department, assist in scheduling
Temporary Practicum
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2017
I worked for the summer here and I did not get paid. My job consisted of writing a research paper pertaining to epilepsy treatment for Texas children.
Management issues.
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  The Medical CenterOctober 28, 2017
It was a great job but the management was poor and upper management did nothing to improve it. The staff was great and friendly to work with. The patients were incredible. The hours and benefits were comparable with other hospitals in the Med Center
Great place, no complaints from Treasury Department
Cash Applications Processor (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 26, 2017
Highly recommended, great management in the treasury department. Very supportive staff, they encourage growth and give extensive training. They offer flexibility and value their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

70out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Texas Children's Hospital.

Texas Children's Hospital Reviews by Location