Texas Christian University Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Farmers Branch, TX Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2018
Working as a Adjunct Professor was rewarding and fun. Most students in the Drawing classes are not art majors, but seem to be focused and naturally talented, given good direction
Pros
Good line on resume
Cons
Fort Worth is not as attractive as Dallas
Review
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2018
Working with the Sociology and Anthropology Department has been great. It has truly been one of my most memorable work experiences thus far. I truly learned a lot working with the faculty and staff in the office.
Great Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2018
I love working at TCU. The atmosphere and people who work here are amazing. The pay is awesome for my position and the benefits are the best I've had. There are very few opportunities to advance in my current position because there is very little turnover here, but I love it here too much to leave.
Pros
Great Benefits. 1 hour lunch. Great Recreation Center for small membership fee.
Cons
Location is not immediately off of a freeway, not a lot of turnover so advancement opportunities do not happen often.
Fun workplace with good sense of community
Graduate Assistant and Coach TCU Beach Volleyball (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2018
I was a graduate assistant and coach for the Texas Christian University beach volleyball program whilst earning my Master's Degree. It was fun to work with a team and to strive for successful goals as a program. I very much enjoyed getting to know the players as well as the staff at the university!
Ran like a mom and pop shop.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2018
It's OK, but this university needs restructuring. The work life balance is good, but this company is behind as far as technology, culture, innovation etc.
Relaxed and cooperative workplace
Wellness Center Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 27, 2018
A typical day at work involves greeting and directing visitors to the appropriate offices and completing assigned tasks such as spreadsheet completion, running errands, and organizing stock.

I learned a lot about organizational skills and time management while in this position.

Management is flexible and personable.

Workplace is very relaxed and the staff works great with one another.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff.
Pros
Great co-workers, management, and working environment
Cons
Few hours, minimum wage pay
Great Place to work!
Go Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2018
Productive work place with opportunities to lead. I wish I could have worked more with Campus Life during my time there. Despite this drawback I loved working for TCU.
Pros
I had great co-workers.
Cons
The position could have offered more structure.
its alright
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2018
its alright, kinda boring. Some people are rude about giving you their ID. I dont know what else to write here it was an on campus job so i mean you get what you are expecting
Student experience
Accounting & Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2018
I only work there as a student so I have nothing much to review. TCU offers good quality education. Study can be stressful sometimes. Pay for student worker is not much
enjoyed your job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 15, 2018
I was there to greet the public. I also enforced parking. The workplace culture was pretty laid back. We were the eyes and ears of the campus. We aissited in move in at the begininning of the year and move out at the end of the year.
fun call center environment
TCU University Advancement Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2018
you typical call center for a university. We cold called people to ask them for money. It was fun tho because the people who you worked with were fun and relaxed people. Also once you got good at the call script, you could do other tasks as well.
Pros
relaxed, fun
Cons
kinda boring after awhile
Great place to work very enjoyable.
Environmental Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2018
A productive time a creative time to be a graphics designer and to
manage the inner workings of an in house sign shop. Culture was very upbeat, I would have to say the hard part of the job was to leave.But the most enjoyable part was all the workers and students.
And of course all the management.
Poor communication and Weak Management
I.T. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 1, 2018
IT staff doesn't work as a team, doesn't communicate and The management will throw you under a bus first chance they get. they do not care about their employees
Productive environment that lacks authenticity
Lead 300 students through orientation (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2018
I learned that TCU offers a great place to work if you are willing to work within a rigid system. There is little room for understanding when your actions do not reflect their protocols, policies, or base framework in service (rolling out the purple carpet). Ineffective employment recruitment in that most if not all employed students think similarly. Lack of perspective and diversity stifles staff development and critical thinking.
Pros
Free Housing and food.
Cons
Too many people who do not effectively think on their own.
good
Undergraduate Physics Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2018
I worked here as a researcher in the physics department. The doctoral students and the professors were all very helpful and the other researchers were nice.
Bright students and modern facilities
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Great place to work with bright and promising students. The school is dynamic and considerable latitude is given to faculty to teach the students. The facilities are excellent.
Fantastic place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 24, 2017
I worked here as an adjunct and a graduate-student instructor; the English department was a wonderful community. Unfortunately, graduate students and adjuncts do not receive benefits.
Pros
Collegial atmosphere
Cons
No health insurance
A place with lots of money
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2017
Certainly, you have to be productive in this place. Like you do at any higher ed institution. But this place has a lot of money to throw at things that might or might not deserve them. It's good and bad.
Intern Strenth and Conditioning (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2017
While at TCU, the foundation was set for my career. I studied there for my bachelors degree and went back for my masters. While there I was able to study under the Master Strength coach and learn the fundamentals of Strength and conditioning.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Working at TCU provided a great balance of work and personal life demands. Management is extremely welcoming and helpful. Expect to work hard but treated with respect.