Texas Christian University

Texas Christian University Employee Reviews

United States107 reviews
Love working there! The administration fully supports of faculty. Great facilities and benefits. Very energizing job teaching economics and environmental impact statements.
Pros
Supportive administration
Cons
Compensation
This job is a great way to get some experience. The people are extremely nice and it's a fun atmosphere. Working here has been such a positive experience.
Texas Christian University has been a great place since I started my PhD program three years ago. This place has been treating me as part of its big family making me feel welcome since the moment I arrived
I have been their for almost a year. I like the management and i like my co- workers, most of all I enjoy being part of a team. They are very flexible on scheduling.
TCU touts itself as being a “family,” but I have not been a part of that. I have both my graduate and undergraduate degree from TCU and they will not give me a full time job. They only call me when they are in a hole, despite the over 20 years of loyalty and incredibly high teacher evaluations I receive.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
One of the best workplace environment's that I've had. Constantly positive feedback and support from supervisors. Phenomenal professional development initiatives.
This is a good place to work, depending on the department and office you are working for. They may offer many benefits and sometimes flexible work hours.
Fort Worth is a great place to live at. Texas Christian University is a beautiful University tucked into fort worth, not far from Arlington or Dallas.
The supervisors were absolutely helpful in teaching me the tools that I need to effectively help foreign exchange students or international students. Everyone including the staff were treated fairly and equally
I Love my job and am hoping for a career and im looking forward to being a part of Sodexo/ TCU family for the remainder of my career i really enjoy working with the students and staff at TCU its a beautiful, clean,well kept up facility and the employees have great team work together
I love the TCU atmosphere. You are trained well and prepared for the job. Managers check on you and provide ongoing professional development if you need it.
Great access to students; not a lot of opportunity for professional growth; the institution could offer more incentives for Acadmeic growth and general student development
I loved working at Texas christian University, i get to meet new students or upcoming fresh man on the campus and help them to figure their new rook and classes. overall my salary was fair.
Working at TCU was incredible. Great atmosphere and a joy to work there. My coworkers were great and I made a lot of friends during my time at TCU. They definitely value their employees.
Enjoyed working here. Innovative, highly regarded institution. Enjoyed working with colleagues. Flexible work hours. Opportunity to work remotely.
Enjoyed working with faculty, staff and students. Excited to help students get across the stage as they prepared for graduation. Family oriented and full of school spirit!
Pros
Hosting excellent workshops, seminars and programs.
Cons
Long hours at times.
Work Is very relaxed. Management handles everything really well, and are very respectful and understanding. The job is not really hard, and pays very well for the amount of work required.
Lack of Leadership at the Department/College level.

TCU is so focused on growing its “National Image” as a University that it has lost what has been its draw for the past 25 years...Small classes and individual attention from faculty and administrators.

The college Admin is spending a lot of energy on courting and hiring Big Name Professors with lots of titles, but not paying attention to the INCIVILITY taking place within the ranks of those that are already here.

TCU talks up their Diversity Plans. But within the rank and and file in MULTIPLE DEPARTMENTS there is BLATANT favoritism. And especially AGEISM that no one sees as a problem. Especially when it comes from a young professor who has a TCU Degree, or an Assistant Dean with the same.

TCU is definitely a “Good Ol’ Boys” (and Girls) Club!

I have watched colleagues who were excellent professors with Doctorate Degrees (and sometimes 15-20 YEARS of experience) get passed over for prime teaching positions, in favor of extremely poor and prejudiced teachers (that have only a Masters and less than 5 yrs experience) because those teachers had gotten their Undergraduate or Masters from TCU.

There is Blatant Verbal targeting and intimidation toward insecure students from some of these folks. And there are no consequences for those teachers if they have the “protected” TCU Alum status.

The one advantage to staying is that my kids can get Free Tuition—to not only TCU, but to a number of other Quality Colleges (i.e. Baylor-but others nationwide as well) with whom we have a Reciprocity
 - more...
Pros
Student interaction, some really good folks to teach along side
Cons
Favoritism and Blatant incivility by younger faculty toward older more experienced faculty.
This is the school that i played basketball for and to be able to work at the place that gave me a scholarship was an amazing experience hopefully i will have a chance to further my career here but until then i need to explore other options
TCU has great benefits and a casual environment. However, the workload is stressful and there are not enough Administrative Asst. to cover this. Human Resources is always takes the Professor's or Dean's opinion over the other employees.
Pros
Free tuition for children after 3 years of empolyment
Cons
Highly stressful and demading
Very fast paced environment, lots of moving pieces bringing on a new college and one that TCU has never had before. learning curve for everyone. Need to work more as a team
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Christian University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5
4.4
4.4
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Texas Christian University Reviews by Location