Texas Christian University Culture reviews

Fun and easy job, great opportunity to meet people
Safety escort (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2019
Work Is very relaxed. Management handles everything really well, and are very respectful and understanding. The job is not really hard, and pays very well for the amount of work required.
Energy Management Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2019
It's a learning experience, training to program Delta T's. My management is very relaxing and understanding. My co-workers are polite and nice and getting off on time.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great school
INTERNSHIP AT LIFESKILLS ADDICTION SOUTH FLORIDA (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 19, 2019
team work, Sharing ideas, task oriented. Willingness to improve company policies. Great environment for faculty and students, willing to assist when needed. motivate others to achieve their goals. Job security and advancement, job culture are all encouraging. Great atmosphere to grow educationally.
Pros
Asking questions
Cons
take critism
Study Hall Monitor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Management will go out of their way to assist you. The culture is pleasant. The students are respectful and eager to learn. Working with the students is the best part of the job.
Great Place to Be
Lead Gift Processing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2018
Keep busy atmosphere great people
professional/family atmosphere
Great support team for students
Great University for a great Education
Management is supportive to the students
Pros
Excellent University
Cons
High Health Insurance
TCU is a good place to work.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2018
The atmosphere is very uplifting! With the goal of educating people, customers, i.e. students, are positive and hopeful about their futures. Sharing wisdom and knowledge creates a magnificent atmosphere for personal growth.
Pros
Positive, hopeful, focused on the future.
Cons
Very stressful.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2018
lots of great benefits, such as dental, health, vision, 401K.
Great workplace culture and lots of stuff to do.
Meeting lots of great people to help with what your doing on a daily basis
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no advancement, and they hire outside the university and not within
Fun workplace with good sense of community
Graduate Assistant and Coach TCU Beach Volleyball (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2018
I was a graduate assistant and coach for the Texas Christian University beach volleyball program whilst earning my Master's Degree. It was fun to work with a team and to strive for successful goals as a program. I very much enjoyed getting to know the players as well as the staff at the university!
Ran like a mom and pop shop.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2018
It's OK, but this university needs restructuring. The work life balance is good, but this company is behind as far as technology, culture, innovation etc.
Relaxed and cooperative workplace
Wellness Center Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 27, 2018
A typical day at work involves greeting and directing visitors to the appropriate offices and completing assigned tasks such as spreadsheet completion, running errands, and organizing stock.

I learned a lot about organizational skills and time management while in this position.

Management is flexible and personable.

Workplace is very relaxed and the staff works great with one another.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff.
Pros
Great co-workers, management, and working environment
Cons
Few hours, minimum wage pay
enjoyed your job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 15, 2018
I was there to greet the public. I also enforced parking. The workplace culture was pretty laid back. We were the eyes and ears of the campus. We aissited in move in at the begininning of the year and move out at the end of the year.
Great place to work very enjoyable.
Environmental Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2018
A productive time a creative time to be a graphics designer and to
manage the inner workings of an in house sign shop. Culture was very upbeat, I would have to say the hard part of the job was to leave.But the most enjoyable part was all the workers and students.
And of course all the management.
Great atmosphere
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 30, 2016
Great working atmosphere. Everybody here is extremely friendly, patient, and willing to help. Great place to start your career. Great work/ life balance and understanding staff.
Productive and fun work environment
Mediator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work; Productive and fun work environment. managers and co workers were knowledgable. learned a lot about how to run a business from the management.
great
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthJanuary 11, 2015
This was a great company that I really enjoyed working for. They truly care about their employees and their customers. The company strives to promote high ethics and a friendly yet still competitive environment.
Summary of TCU
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 19, 2014
Great campus to work for, friendly people, very supportive of employees.
Great academic institution to have as a client.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2014
Typical work day always very exciting as it produced great challenges and opportunities for execution of all our set daily goals. I learnt new things everyday by observing and listening to students, faculty and staff feedback also feedback from my team members and all other stakeholders I interacted with.
Management team had a full grasp of the vision and goals of the account. Has been very supportive and respected all departmental leadership and was open to all feedback from the frontline team members and supervisors.
The hardest part of the job was controlling the concessions staff turn over. But the most enjoyable part were the team celebrations at the end of every quarter as we measured our team success.
Pros
Continuous training opportunities were great.
Cons
Communication huddles with the student government.
I loved the relationships that I have built with our client and enjoyed the atmosphere.
Operations Manager, Sodexo (Former Employee) –  Main Campus and StadiumsFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at work consist of inner-acting daily with students and staffs as well as employees. Fore-seeing conflicts before they occur and maintaining customer satisfaction.

I learned mountains of knowledge from the business aspects, financially and operationally.

I was a member of management and our co-workers were exceptional. We had a great team.

The hardest part of my job was time management. I worked several hours a day and really never knew when it was time to go home. So when balancing work and home, I always leaned to the work side of it.

I enjoyed seeing our employees succeed with promotions. I currently had 4 supervisors promoted to management with my time at TCU.
Pros
Success, constant cross training, job security
Cons
Adversity and stressful
Professional atmosphere committed to the patient.
student health center, PRN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Patient focused and it is and educational environment and the staff are very friendly.
Pros
Environment is college focused which is neat
Cons
Na