Texas County Memorial Hospital

Working at Texas County Memorial Hospital: 22 Reviews

United States22 reviews

workstaffworkinggreatpaymanagementtimeexcellent

Decent EMS Service

not the best, but not the greatest. there were a few really good people, but not enough to justify the ones who were rude to patients. hopefully they have gotten better

A homely hospital, yet abundant with divisive departments and incentives.

Most of the employees in TCMH are nice, courteous, and are willing to help their departments out with the sole mission to further along quality care to their patients. However, depending on which department you work in, your attempts of carrying out that goal can either be met with slight indifference or with no recognition of your servitude. The most humble of departments (i.e., dietary and housekeeping) do value your worth in their group because the people there care for one another. It is just some other departments that will put you as a member of their "family" will not only talk to you freely and casually like a family member, but will not tell you your mistakes until days, weeks, or even months after it had happened; creating a culture of fear over the anxiousness of wondering if you are doing something else wrong that you are still not aware of to this day.Management requires constant training and workshops to become better leaders in this hospital. Management needs to be there and assist with their employees whenever and however they can, and NOT go about and talk about their employees behind their back to other members in that same department. It is not only unproductive and promotes an atmosphere of worry and fear, but it shows that not telling the problem to the very person that needs to fix it for a long period of time will only make the situation worse. If employees are valuable here, they should be treated as such and be taught of their mistakes the MOMENT they are made in the first place!The pay wage, at least for me who had started circa the 2010s, are not -

Texas County Memorial Hospital insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Too much call

There is a lot of down time throughout the day and then you get called in a lot during non working hours. The doctors do a lot of things in this rural hospital that would be unacceptable elsewhere.

Pros

Flexible work day

Cons

Lots of call. Poor management.

First enjoyable. Then the management problems and clicks take over.

No support or education from Management. No feeling of inclusion. Very clicky. Most other employees are friendly. CEO is just a figurehead. There is a whole lot of do as I say not as I do.

Poor Support by manager and higher managment

Chronically low staffed. Poor unit management with minimal support.Compaints are seldom taken seriously and we don't feel like we are being listened to.

Pros

Free birthday lunches

Cons

Night shift misses out on most activities and perks.

Has its high points

TCMH has a bunch of great people working for them but that's not enough to keep employees around. If you're not a nurse or doctor, you get underpaid and overworked. I went to Walmart and make way more.

Pros

Nice people for the most part

Cons

Overworked, low pay

Great hospital to work for

I had a great experience working for Texas County Memorial Hospital and treated great as a patient as well. I would recommend Texas County Memorial Hospital to everyone with health concerns or emergencies.

Love working here

I made so many friends working here I truly miss it since I have moved away. I would love to work here again if I ever moved back. Always had great co-workers.

Avoid if possible!!

If you are the type to be buddy buddy with  your supervisors, then you will have no issues with working with this hospital! Worked fulltime with over time constantly even though I was hired for PRN (as needed part time), overtime missing from my paychecks and supervisor did nothing about it and when my 90 days probation period was up and my insurance was to kick in, they fired me and 7 others! They did this game to several others as they didn't want to pay for insurance on us. Also got yelled at for having more praise cards for excellent service than my supervisor,  who had nothing but complaints against her!  They basically run off the good ole boy system.  If you're buddy buddy with the higher ups, then you're treated awesome and even invited to their homes for parties. If you don't play their games, then they treat you like dirt and if you leave they'll tell potential new employers not to hire you! Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Pros

Good food in cafeteria, you get to meet some nice members of the community

Cons

Overworked, under paid, rude supervisors

Poor Management

Management is poor. Benefits are horrid ie insurance. Resources are minimal at times. small community hospital. Do not want to pay staff for retention.

Very friendly woek place , family oriented

Every day is a different day, some very busy and stressful others very easy going. Very enjoyable place to work and family oriented. The only negative thing is the pay. Not very competitive with other hospitals.

Great

Working for tcmh is a great place to work. I really enjoy working for that company. It has great staff and management. The facility's are very organized

Management was lacking

The manager for the kitchen was unable to help with all the kitchen tasks. The assistant manager was much more helpful. Made great friends while working here.

small rural hospital

No opportunity for advancement with this position. This is a small department and not welcoming of new employees. Full/part time for transcription position was based on full time for nursing staff, and were not flexible to move from part time (35 hours) to full time even when department short staffed.

Stressfull

Too stressful and not enough going on to keep you busy on night shift. I would reccomend a different hospital to work for. Everyone was out for themselves and not team players. Unprofessiinal co-workers

One of my worst career decisions

ER and EMS directors are complete idiots. The ER director is nothing more than a bold faced liar whom would rather stab her workers in the back than help them succeed. I will EMS director is nothing more than an old pervert trying to get in the pants of every young lady that walks in. The only way road to success in this hospital is to be related to the right person, or be under the right persons desk.

Pros

Somewhat flexible hours

Cons

Cutthoat atmosphere highly promoted

staff awesome

there was no where to move up at this hospital...no room for career opportunities or improvement not enough pay never fully staffed

Tcmh

This has been my favorite job so far. There is such opportunity there for young nurses. They are amazing teachers and always willing help and teach.

Fun coworkers with a variety of patients

Great coworkers that are generous with their knowledge and experience that want the best for their patients. Patients are seen one on one.

Awesome place to work.

I have been here since 1998 and love my job there. All the staff get along and it is a very excellent place to work. The manager is wonderful and very appropriate for the job. The other staff in the hospital are friendly. We just added a floor and added a new ER with all new facilities and staff. The ICU and OB departments are next to get redone. We also have a new surgery center and Tornado safe room for the community.

I wanted to make more money and have an adventure!!

This hospital has excellent nursing and staff and a very "at home" feeling. With the wide-range of nursing experience to be had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas County Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight