Texas De Brazil Employee Reviews

Corporate is terrible
Server (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 13, 2019
This is not a direct reflection of the management, but instead of the the corporate office and owners. The way they treat the managers is terrible, and then causes the managers to be stressed and mean. Food waste is outrageous; you only keep 45% of your tips (you tip ALL of your sales, not just food sales, to meat carvers, when in reality they should only get 45% of your food sales); customers are treated better than the employees; inconsistent rules and regulations; favoritism; etc. At first this job was great, but then I started to realize this company doesn’t care about its employees. It only cares about money and its terrible customers who whine and complain, to only get whatever they want. Managers are good people, but they’re entirely too stressed due to corporate pressure.
Pros
Coworkers are like family
Cons
Customers, pay, tips, management, corporate, strict rules
Very busy and physically demanding as a gaucho.
Gaucho (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2019
Cleaning grill and total kitchen day and night. Prepping all meats and seasoning. Walking many miles everyday. Carving Meats table side with very sharp knife, very hot food, and skewers.
Pros
Able to eat meats.
Cons
Physically demanding.
texas de brazil
server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 4, 2019
it is a good restaurant but I want to change my job it was good to make quick money. I will like to get a better job and have more opportunities to grow
Management is really bad
Chef/Server (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 30, 2019
The General manager is not fit for the position for example schedules out of your availability and somehow your punished when you couldn’t do it anyway
Massive corporation
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2019
The best restaurant to have Steak, massive corporation with great leadership, many opportunities provide by the organization, a place where I have learn so much very grateful for the opportunity given.
Pros
Amazing place to eat and work
Ive enjoyed my time
Bartender,Server, Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 27, 2019
I enjoyed my time with the company and most of my co workers
the down fall was management but I did learned a lot while I was there.

I love the atmosphere and the concept of the company..

The chef in the Kitchen helped me more then the GM..
Pros
able to eat leftovers from the shift
Cons
no breaks
Texas de Brazil
Server, and host to guests (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2019
Very nice management team, work was pretty relaxed, as long as you did your job, it was good. I did not agree with how much we had to tip out to the meat carvers which is why I left.
Pros
Amazing food
Cons
The tip out was too high
Its an alright place.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2019
The management is very understanding and professional. Its a very fast paced environment and they will stack on as many hours as they can.
As far as tips go, you only get .45% of what you are tipped, which is a major con. Imagine having to share more than half of your $10 tip.
There is a VERY HIGH turn over rate, not many individuals stick around. I found the serving staff members to be extremely rude, which I think is why there is such a high turn over rate. They are not welcoming and only look out for themselves.
Pros
Cons
No job culture, Shared tip, Overworked staff
na
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2019
fast paced, poor management, depending on crowd is how yo get tipped. you may give your best service and some people will just not even tip you at all or below 20%. kind of disappointing when people dine at a fine ding restaurant and don't tip properly. Also servers tips out 45% of their tips to Gaucho, busses, bar tender.
It’s a good place to work.
Butcher (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 29, 2019
It’s a good place to work just not something I like doing. I rather do something such as wharehouse or anything that have to do with lifting things an staying busy.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Bad energy
fun place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 28, 2019
had a good time working there.. learn about the Brazilian Culture. Great food and drinks... Desserts were awesome.....definately will work there again.
Pros
dinner at end of shift
Cons
short breaks
Quick pace job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2019
As a hostess you don’t get tipped, you work about 30 hours and for some reason are always short staffed so working with your schedule is not really an option. The pay isn’t worth it for how much you do and have to deal with customers all day.
Really bad place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2019
Is a really bad place to work , they don't appreciate you as a person neither as a employee. The management don't encourage the employees to try their best and neither motive them. Guest usually don't tip or when they do they tip is more or less like $5.00
Pros
Discounted meal
Cons
No paid Vacations, rude management, no benefits.
Do not work here if you wish to make money
SERVER AND BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 25, 2019
The management is poor and not willing to adjust the work schedules at all. They treat their employees poorly and are always changing rules and guidelines which affect the servers/bartenders capabilities to perform well and give proper service to the customers.
Pros
good food
Cons
bad service bad management
I needed the job. I had to take it. but the atmosphere is nice.
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2019
I needed the job. I had to take it. but the atmosphere is nice.
Great
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Overall a great experience! Strong teamwork and a very fun and lucrative environment. Texas de Brazil is a great place to learn and develop fine dining skills and much more
Horrible place to work
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Management is horrible. Nothing is ever good enough. You tip out 55% of your tips. If you request off and they approve it and that's a big if they think they did you a favor and you owe them. If you don't speak Spanish or portugese you get the worst sections and treated poorly.
High paced and fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Texas de Brazil is a high paced energetic Restaurant that has a very unique Brazilian dining concept. Working for the company was exciting and always fun.
Pros
great food
Cons
very loud inside
bad work environment
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 21, 2019
at huntsville Snell was in charge and ran out a lot of staff always high turnaround not enough pay or hours availible no benefits or terrible insurance
The money was good.
Server (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 12, 2019
The money was good. No benefits. The management leaves much to be desired. My restaurant in Yonkers, New York had a great team and beautiful decor....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas De Brazil. Our community is ready to answer.