Texas Department Of Family And Protective Services Employee Review

View all Texas Department Of Family And Protective Services reviews

Workload so bad investigators make up fake interviews.
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Bell CountyOctober 11, 2013
Be very aware of the region you choose to work for if you are applying. The management in some regions is good, in most it is HORRIBLE and full of favoritism.
I worked here for three years as an Investigator. This job does not allow you to apply LOGIC to any of the cases you investigate. You will work over ten hours a day and even if you end up in the emergency room you will get calls from your supervisor telling you to go to an investigation.
I was working with another (seasoned) investigator (who the management thought was the "investigator of the century") and found multiple marijuana plants growing in a home; when I suggested we contact local law enforcement (which is department policy), the 'investigator of the century' told me not to and the 'plants were not tall enough to contact local authorities... really. Now I know how she kept up with her workload.
Speaking of workload, it is unreasonable. They never have enough staff to handle the workload. Supervisors often talked about workers behind their backs.
BAD environment, poor morale.
There is no 'typical' day
If you even show a hint of success, you get other investigators workload.
Cons
Poor management; poor morale; unrealistic workload

Other Texas Department Of Family And Protective Services Employee Reviews

Horrible
Investigator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2018
Horrible working environment. They recently raised the pay so that is a good thing, but Investigators are overworked so I'm sure they want more for the pay increase.
Poor Management
Child Protective Service Investigator III / Mentor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
The management was poor. Your clients are easier to work with. Your job is constantly being threatened. Your job is now at risk since they gave a raise.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Too many cases

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Department Of Family And Protective Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight