Texas Disposal Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and wouldn't trade it for the world
Equipment Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 14, 2018
Employees don't all work. Mistakes was made should be better team work. My profession is equipment operator/ driver. Pay was amazing and weekly. Saturday's was optional. Loved my job.
Pros
Pay, benefits, enjoyment
Cons
Lack of team work, lazy employees, rushing others
Not a good place for educated people to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2018
This company lacks professionalism on every level. They are lacking in their ability to advance with modern technology. Their managers desperately need management training. The micro managing and favoritism are rampant. By far the most stressful work environment I have ever experienced.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
unprofessional work environment
Contract job. Only there a while
Senior HR Generalist / HRIS (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2018
Culture business casual. Hardest part was trying to fit in during the short time I was there. Co workers were nice to work with while I was there.
The missing of directions was the hardest to deal with during the time there.
Tds
Route Helper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2018
long hours doing repetitive things over and over very easy work but you will be in different climates and weather conditions can get very stressful, but for the most part if your in shape you want have any problems
Teamwork
Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXMay 7, 2018
Had a decent teamwork environment needs better on both the first and second shift within the truck shop favorites were played by service managers. 3rd shift service manager had best intentions for team
Pros
Good Health Benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXApril 27, 2018
I do not feel comfortable reviewing a past employer. While my past experience did not prove favorable in all aspects it is certainly not representative of other employees
productive but sometimes stressful
Operations/Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXApril 24, 2018
health benefits and paid time off were excellent
workplace culture somewhat relaxed but stressful at times
dress code was very casual
management cared about employee's well-being
Pros
great benefits, casual dress
Cons
pay rate
temporary job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2018
I worked 8 hours a day. It was a good experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving my paycheck. The workplace culture was manageable..
Excellent place to work!
Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXMarch 14, 2018
Excellent place to work , recession proof. Landfills and trash will always exist, therefore your job will always exist. Loved the people that I worked with, just needed to step away for a little while to pay off some debts.
Good learning experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2018
Ran a site with zero support when needed,management seem clueless as to what they ask of their workers, expect workers to kill themselves without worrying about them.
Pros
Benefits, good co workers
Cons
Management has no idea what they're doing, no support when needed just constant demands and expect you to kill yourself so they look good.
Good company to work for
Gate Attendant (Current Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Proud to say I worked for TDS. Great company that helped me gain new skils. Staffing are awesome and treat you as they would like to be treated, but management can be a bit of a bummer. At least in the department I'm in, your basically stuck there and don't have the chance to expand your knowledge and transfer to another department. Always had to explain to customers the importance of securing loads regardless of whatever the reason may be and charge unsecure fees which most of the time would make customers upset and difficult to talk to. But above all, had a great run with this company along with my co workers.
Pros
Benefits, receive pay raise, pey for being trained
Cons
Poor management, stuck in same predicament
Stay here see if you like it if not leave.
Wash Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Nice friendly owners,lots of advancement if you are right skin color or know someone high up.Always work it can get messy and stinky sometimes.working in raw sewage and trash numerous disgusting things.Lots of lazy entitled people working here that pick and choose what they want to do.cameras everywhere like a bank numerous employees quick to take pictures of your errors.lot of behind the back gossiping,I regret staying here so long I didn’t have much opportunity.I worked hard and lots of hours not much to show for it besides a few old injury wounds.You have lots of job security if you stick it out and can handle all the bs that comes with it.
Pros
Job security, overtime, benefits, flexible if you have problems at home etc.
Cons
Trash, low pay, no advancement, cleaning toilets, always hot and smelly, washing and cleaning dumpsters, lazy entitled people
Great company
Consultant on equipment type and capabilities (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 16, 2017
Would have liked to stay there but personal reasons out side the company forced me to resign. and work load was too much due to unforeseen growth issues. over all a great company
Pros
Great company
Cons
Too many hours
Parts Clerk
Administrative / Part Clerk (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXNovember 18, 2017
I had no problem with co worker or with the work itself, but management was not great. I saw a lot of favoritism working in a one room environment. You can not have that. People see it and hear it. The way management held them self with their tone of voice or body move can give employee reading how they real feel.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Ethical and stable company in a hard to reach location
Sr. Financial & Ops Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
TDS is a great company to work for. They are committed to their customers, employees, and the Central Texas environment. The problem is TDS is in the far reaches of South Austin half-way to San Marcos. That's a deal breaker for a lot of people with traffic and housing prices being what they are in Austin.
Pros
Stability, Integrity, Family owned
Cons
Location, location, location
Hard Labor, Poor Benefits
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 7, 2017
Lots of favoritism, lack of communication, lack of career advancement, lots of empty promises, no pay increases. If something goes wrong in a completely unrelated area of the company, "everyone" is punished.
Pros
Understanding of family emergencies
Cons
Lazy co-workers, low pay, dangerous work environment.
job security
PM Technician (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXSeptember 10, 2017
This was a good company when i worked there always worked overtime and the people i worked with were good co workers. I would work there again if they had a job opening in my area
Pros
job security
Cons
long hrs
dysfunctional
Scale Attendant/ Video Surveillance (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXAugust 29, 2017
Management at TDS paranoid and dysfunctional. The workplace culture, is toxic and oppressive. The hardest part of the job was the lack of management accountability.
work somewhere else. you won't regret it.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  West TexasAugust 3, 2017
Management promises everything- delivers nothing.. 9 managers in just over 5 yrs. Lie to your face while smiling.. Overall terrible place to work. Sorry I ever heard about, much less worked for this company.
Pros
very, very few
Cons
micro-mgmt from people who have no idea what they're doing.
A great place to work
Certified Welder and Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2017
I should have stay there, jump up moving to fast. My personal lifestyle mess up my time with the company , I seen a very bright future for me there. As I got older I truly have a great position with the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Disposal Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight