Texas Health Hospital Employee Reviews

good work
Observer ship (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Productive fun place i have learned alot during my rotation i was doing observership with Dr Qasim for 1 month .During my time shadowing in Texas Health Hospital Carrollton with Dr Qasim Naeem i saw a lot of differences between osteopathic teaching and allopathic teaching. Osteopathic medical education lays special emphasis on preventive medicine, body structure, osteopathic treatment and the importance of family practice. Osteopaths are more likely to view a patient as a whole, and do not only consider the physical symptoms, but rather also lifestyle, emotional robustness, and environment. Doctors of osteopathic medicine are more likely to encourage the body's own ability to mend itself through means that are safe, non intrusive and with few undesirable effects. In terms of personal philosophy, I feel Osteopathic medicine is closer to who I am as a person and who I want to be as a physician. A degree in Osteopathic medicine will allow me the liberty to treat patients as holistic beings which is my eventual aim.
Amazing Company to work for...
Radiologic/CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Provide quality patient care and great team work within the company. The company follows their mission statement the employee benefits are excellent. Overall, great company to work for.
Was alright company until bankruptcy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXAugust 1, 2018
Prior to the companies bankruptcy, the company had a small time feel to it and it seemed like leadership cared about the employees. Post bankruptcy, it started to feel like a big business corporation that was disorganized.
Fun place
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXApril 5, 2018
Dealing with difficult people. Typical day at work, management sometimes avoids dealing with problems, sometimes unrealistic time lines. some fun co-workers
na
PRN (Former Employee) –  Little Elm, TXFebruary 27, 2018
worst company ever bad staff bad management.NEVER included with your job applications Posted anonymously on Indeed EXAS HEALTH EMERGENCY ROOM. .. do not work there
Not bad, better places out there
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Benefits are only ok. PTO is horrible, tuition reimbursement very limited, health and dental only OK. Management changes not for the better in my opinion. Seems to be a high turnover in some areas.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Scheduling is sometimes rough.
Freestanding ER is the way to go!
Registered Nurse- Emergency Room Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 30, 2017
If you're tired of working the hospital based ER grind, a freestanding ER might be the job for you! I love being able to spend more 1:1 time with my patients, and running my own labs so much faster than waiting on the hospital lab!
Pros
Flexible schedule with locations all over DFW
Cons
No lunch break if you're busy- you may be the only nurse on staff at one time.
Ok place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) - Generalist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 3, 2017
This review is for Texas Health Hospital Carrollton location only. Ok place to work. Co-owned with Adeptus Health. There is no 401k matching or stock options.
Management is Lost
CT Technologist / X-Ray (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 18, 2017
No one knows what is going on until it is time for something to happen. They do not like to operate according to the policies laid out in the handbook.
Good company
Patient Access Representative - Front Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Great company and team. Also, had many opportunities to help clinically. Great holiday pay. Management was flexible and responded to needs and questions.
Pros
Great pay, great team
financially unstable company with potential
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 24, 2017
Typically understaffed, closing facilities due to company financial instability without notice to staff. Nice facilities and good team work amongst co workers.
Productive Workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 14, 2017
I would recommend working at ER such as Texas Health. If the health care is the career path you would like to go THR is a great place. Helping you learn and build
High Volume
Emergency Room Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 9, 2017
My typical day at Texas Health Free Standing ER starts with counting of narcotic medications, there is not a pharmacy or medication dispensing machine. Typically we see 3-4 patients a day so there is plenty of time to do education activities between patients and cleaning of the facility. The workplace is very family oriented, a small staff of 8. The hardest part of my job is that it is just so few resources at times but it also is the most enjoyable part of my job being able to assist the provider one on one in decisions for the patient.
Pros
30 min lunch everyday
Cons
boarded paients
Stand ALONE emergency department, limited resources for potentially critical patients.
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Little Elm, TXJanuary 1, 2017
typically see 12-20 patients in a 12 hr shift, usually on the lower acuity scale. Minimum staff resources (4) per shift 1 nurse, 1 physician, 1 radiology tech, and 1 administrative assistant. In critical cases, nurse is limited to minimal assistance and resources. This job does provide variety of cases and patient presentations.
Pros
Has intermittent "down time" which allows for study or personal interests.
Cons
Limited resources in critical cases, difficult to run a code with only 4 people
Great Place to work
HIM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 27, 2016
They provide a family environment day in and day out. Great team work across the board. There is room to grow within the company, and our Leadership always encourage growth.
Great Place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 16, 2016
Love working there, have a great team to work with every day. Management is great, and always helpful. Every day is different, but there is always variety when working in an ER