Texas Health Huguley Hospital Employee Reviews

Amazing Co-workers
OR Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2018
Management was bad. Co-workers were amazing with all great attitudes. Took patients to and from surgery. Cleaned the OR rooms and set up for the next surgery. Positioned patients to Doctors liking. I worked as a PRN with no room of advancement or benefits.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No benefits, Pdo, no room for advancement or raises.
Skilled workers and friendly environment, with great pay and benefits
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXMay 20, 2018
It's a great job if you have an education. Otherwise you get treated like your not a professional worker and tort information doesn't matter. Non skilled entry workers are looked down upon and the management does not protect their employees
Pros
Paid days off, excellent benefits
Cons
Too many bosses
insurance representative
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2018
typical day at work checking patients in and out of ER. Excepting payments,calling out to Ins companies verifying and checking benefits. processing and logging the days work into the system.
good to gain work experience
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXNovember 1, 2018
A typical day ran pretty smooth. I gained many skills and learned to work under stress. Workplace culture was not the best... lots of drama at times. the hardest part was dealing with the drama, and sometimes management. my enjoyable part would be the networking opportunities and working with patients that really appreciated our help.
Night Shift Rocks
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXNovember 12, 2018
Night shift on 4th floor was hectic most times but our management and charge nurses are superior. The night manager T. and the charge nurse A. were very supportive. I am sad to leave and the environment will sorely be missed!
Pros
supportive management, overtime not mandatory
Cons
demographic of patients, sometimes 1 nurse:6 patient ratio
The physicians at TX Health Hughley
Full Time Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2018
They are difficult to work with. Did not seem to care about their patients. The physicians did not work with the nursing staff well. Management was complacent and pro-physician.
Good place
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work. This place has the best doctors to work with. They are kind and friendly. I believe Huguley bases a lot of their motto on friendliness. Love this place. Great Christian atmosphere.
Pros
Great place for kindness
Cons
Lack of advancement because it’s small
This is a great place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2018
The staff work together great for the well being of the patients. The management are supportive and encourage education and growth. They provide opportunity and a culture for learning.
Ineffective/unqualified management, low RN competency level
RN (Former Employee) –  MultipleJanuary 8, 2018
Not a first choice for a place of employment, many people work there simply because there is nothing else in that geographical area.
Management personnel, for the most part, have limited management experience as well as a lower level education, that is, managers with an MSN is not the norm, but the exception.
Health insurance is very poor. The focus on religion is over the top. A very inadequate experience/facility for new nurses to learn about real nursing.
Focus on patient satisfaction, as opposed to safety, is inordinate.
Pros
The hospitalists, for the most part, are competent and responsive.
Cons
Staffing, management, benefits.
Love working at THH, but we are moving to another city to be closer to family.
RN, BSN, Lead Lactation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXNovember 1, 2018
I was the only LC when hired PT. THH had faith in me and my ability to grow our Lactation department. I became full time and was able to hire an extra LC prn. Over the past 10 yrs we now have 4 Lactation consultants with coverage 7 days a week.
Huguley helped me grow and supported my accomplishments.
Pros
Christ centered work family, flexible hours
Cons
Offices close early on Friday and all weekend
Focus on Work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 18, 2018
I learned how to manage my time, with distractions, while remaining compassionate, and respectful of others. I was able to focus on work here. I was able to learn about the operations, and flow of a hospital. I was able to interact with many hospital staff members.
Pros
Vegan options for lunch, Christmas parties
A very productive and friendly hospital to work for.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2018
Downloading work load for the day and getting after it. Had tons of work that lasted all day. The culture was great, some of the hard parts to work on was learning all the ICD9 codes but once you learn them it's easy.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
You get to really understand your company andyour contributions to it.
it was the best job i've had.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXSeptember 21, 2018
the job was very fast pace , meeting new people every day , and the .Admitting staff had to be accurate in all ways. the job a good way to have fun and meaningful at the same time
Pros
social environment
Cons
high stress
Wonderful mission statement, good environment
Med/Surg Oncology RN (Former Employee) –  Texas Health HuguleyAugust 23, 2018
Some areas of nursing require more than average amounts of walking. Supportive environment. Beautiful hospital since remodel. Great mission and good orientation experience.
A Great Place to Get CPE Training
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 13, 2018
As a CPE training center, Texas Health Huguley is top-notch and one of the finest facilities to work with and gain that much needed experience. I was challenged and educated on all levels of chaplaincy ministry, and I was able to gain experience in working in a variety of areas in hospital ministry.
Cultural Issues
Emergency Room Physician Secretary (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXAugust 8, 2018
The only issues I had working st Texas Health Huguley were a few cultural experiences which falls in a category of neglect with some employees. Other than that I loved working there.
Pros
Caring ER
Cons
Care most about numbers rather the health of patients.
Fun work environment to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJuly 25, 2018
I worked with a great group of people here. Best I've worked with in a long time. It made working nights go by faster.. You have your good nights and you have those that you just wished 7 o'clock couldn't come any faster. Working a !2 hour shift is tiring but the compassion that most of us have we do what we have to do and get thru the night to get home to our families.I enjoyed working here all except the 12 hour shifts. Learned that the atmosphere is very different from Long-term and Home-health but over all it's a learning experience.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Some people you will never be able to satisfy, patient ratio per tech
Christian Work Environment
Orthopedic/MedSurg Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXMay 24, 2018
Patient to nurse ratio is high on med surg floor. Certain floors have clicks. Overall great place to work though. They are very flexible with the scheduling, but will put you on call a lot if PRN.
Productive and fun workplace
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2018
Texas Health Huguley has been a wonderful place to work at. I've been privileged to meet and work with some of the most talented, caring individuals. Texas Health Huguley cares for it's employees a great deal. I would recommend Huguley as a place for employment.
Enjoyed working with all staff
PRN Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2014
PRN Mammographer but travel distance too far. Performed Screening and Diagnostic mammograms as well as DEXA scans. Left job to seek permanent employment.
Pros
one hour lunches and staff praise
Cons
Long travel distance