Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive work and interesting times during work and on lunch
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2018
Every day is always busy when it comes to working at Presbyterian Hospital. It is a health field were trauma patients come in unexpectedly. It helped me work under pressure and with a limited time without making mistakes. The workplace culture was been cooperative and caring among staffs. None was the hardest part of the job, because we had a goal of working together to over come challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job was having colleagues who were out to help one another and dinned together as a family.
Pros
free lunches, long breaks, unity.
Cons
healthcare, less pay benefits.
Productive and collaborative work place, learned a lot.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2018
I was just an unpaid intern at this hospital throughout the year so I did not get to experience learning a ton of trained skills , I mainly shadowed doctors and nurses in the labor and delivery area. They explained to me what they were doing during the procedure sometimes. I would also sit in on patient doctor appointments.
Pros
great observation learning experience
Cons
did not get any hands on experience/payment
Tense and good learning environment.
Surical Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMarch 1, 2018
Its a little intense between employees in the OR but they are very good at always being there to help you. The management is a little chaotic it seems like they don't really have a good way to schedule the employees.
A great place to work with the right manager
alerting physician or his/her appointed assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2018
My manager treated night-shift like naughty children. However, I know of several other managers there who are wonderful to work for. Avoid the Express Admit Unit if you want a good manager.
Slow, decent pay
PRN (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Over all a good company to work for. Issues came because of the loss of Rad. director and management taken over by nursing supervision and irresponsible leadership by lead tech.
Pros
slow paced
Cons
Hospital opperates like a stand alone ER
registration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 13, 2018
I would rather not say. The experience may not be for someone else what it was for me. If I were asked by someone on my thoughts as I am now........I would plead the fifth, and shake my head to keep from saying something bad.
Extravagant place to work
Assisting the patients (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75231December 11, 2017
A good place to work; treated like family typical day fast paced work place lots of multi tasking. Both manager and nurses work hand to hand and altogether. Mixed culture American melting pot of all culture. The distance, and caring for patience lifting helping patience to the restroom or bathroom. Different ethnic backgrounds, multiple ethnicities and working with new people, or new patients.
Pros
Mixed cultures, many ethnic backgrounds.
Cons
The distance, And bad body mechanism
Everyday
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 11, 2017
My job at texas health Presbyterian hospital is not hard. It can sometimes be very fast paced but on a everyday basis I would say its really laid back.
Excellent
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXNovember 13, 2017
The mission statement at Presby describes it all: Individuals taking care of individuals. This is honestly a place where we work together to take care of one another, our patients, and our work family. The culture of caring is apparent here.
Stressful fast paced atmoshere
Externship Sterile Processing (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 18, 2017
I was here as an intern. It was challenging to learn in this environment due to not having a systematic approach to training in place. Also, the lack of consistency affected my current state and marketability.
Pros
The staff was very pleasant and accommodating.
Cons
The hors were very long and often I was left unattended.
Great employees, made many friends.
SOUS CHEF (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 5, 2017
Days were very fast paced and I loved working with the doctors, patients and management. I loved the catering side of it as well. The CEO and upper management made sure the workplace was safe and balanced for employees family. I have filled in so many different positions and I think that was very helpful as I could jump in anywhere anytime when needed.
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 15, 2017
did security for hospital on over night shift. was good place to work at. injoyed working with nurses and doctors at hospital. also helping with patients.
Pros
relaxed working invirment
Cons
working overnight shift
Patient orientated with a culture of safety
Director Perioperative Services (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Working at Texas Health Presbyterian was fast passed and safe place to work. They not only focused on safety, but took care of the staff. Making sure staff received recognition for the quality of work performed.
friendly and enjoyable
PRN Remote Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXSeptember 5, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Texas Health Hospital Presbyterian in Rockwall, Texas. The staff is friendly, the work is satisfying, and the benefits are fair.
Very good company to work for.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 2, 2017
Great leadership team. Also great work shifts available. Great employees. Great location. Policies and procedures are easy to follow and no pressure. Again great company to work for.
Great
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 27, 2017
It was a great place to work. I got to meet a lot of diverse people, I learned a lot and I got to try several different fields. I gained a lot of experience under my belt for my future.
It's ok
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJune 14, 2017
I LOVE the staff that I directly work with, my main problem is management. There is frequent staffing turnover and even management turnover, leads to poor communication. They are only interested in making money, they don't care about the staff. Management gives no support.
Pros
Staff and co-workers
Cons
Management encourages tattle-telling behavior, low pay, no appreciation for hard work, unable to make management happy, management very nit picky of every detail making it hard to complete daily activities.
great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJune 3, 2017
Great place to work, friendly staff and the employees are treated and valued. It feels like home, we are one big family, small hospital and we all know each other. Wonderful place to work and everyone is appreciated.
Pros
great management
Cons
nothing negative to say
RN (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 1, 2017
Texas Health Resources is a great place to work. I have been an employee of the Allen location. There is a great work atmosphere. It is a small hospital with a big heart.
good
Institution (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 19, 2017
12 hr shift, great culture, good patient care, acute patient care, health promotion, good patient outcomes, holistic approach, culture sensitive and family involvement.