Texas Health Resources Employee Reviews

poor management
Patient Access Rep PRN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 17, 2019
another hospital management does not care about you or your family, not flexible with you at all. it all about money for them also. hardly ever seen management working in the er. you learn something new in ever place you work.
Pros
patients
Cons
negative people
Great Healthcare Company
Patient Account Rep II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 14, 2019
A good place to work. Everyone gets along well with each other. Management is good. I like being able to work from home and only to come in once a month for meetings.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Salary
daily activities..,
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2019
productive and fun place to work ,Checking what cases I was on ,being on time for case and ready to start. between and or before cases I checked my cases making sure I had needed items During .down time I pulled cases, pulled sutures checked out dates, put unused items back where go. restocked cleaned help others turn over there rooms helped out cases gave lunch breaks.
Pros
I make enough money to have a better life for my son and I.
Cons
management used threats to control employees, didn't get to take normal break, constant work . late lunches
Selective success
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 5, 2019
Hard to go anywhere unless you are best buds with someone higher up. The upper level management do not even speak to normal employees, not even to say good morning. We are below and never asked for our opinion and we are the ones who do the grunt work. They do not take care of their employees they have now and are only concerned with growth of their name and not their own mission or culture they are known for. It is all for show, as they don't practice what they preach.
Terrible management, employees who refuse to speak up due to retaliation & employee favoritism
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMarch 5, 2019
Poor management with regard to favoritism in the work place, lack/absence of compassion for patients/employeees, quick to point out what they feel their employees might or might not be doing within their job role, lack of acknowledgment towrds their employees efforts & hard work, judgmental and too much micromanaging. Too many employees within this particular office are afraid to speak how they feel in fear of retaliation. Employee turn over rate at this office is higher than ever due to recent managers lacking empathy/understanding towards employees. Three different Manager’s within 3-4 years at a medical office is unacceptable. THR, LISTEN to your employees. MANAGER, try to care and put aside the “fake it from 8-5 if you have to” mentality that you speak of & truly care for employees as well as patients. Employees can forget even trying to speak your concerns to HR because they’re not on your side. Others at this office feel the same. Make a change before you continue to lose the compassionate employees who remain.
Cons
Office manager, favoritism, employee concerns & hard work are disregarded
BUSINESS RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2019
Texas Health Resources is definitely focused on partnering with the community to offer the best healthcare. The mission of the hospital is awesome and it is reinforced among all of the employees that work for the hospital. I have had a great experience working with multiple locations. I had the opportunity to attend many sponsored events and be apart of charity work.
THR - a company that truly supports nursing as a profession
Clinical Nurse Leader (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 3, 2019
THR has continually supported nurses as individuals, professionals, and contributors to the company. I have been employed at THR, off and on, for 12 years and have been offered incredible opportunities for education and advancement. I left THR for personal reasons on 2 occasions and returned as quickly as possible.
Pros
Support, opportunity for advancement and education, open door policy, transparency
Cons
None!
leadership focuses on money not quality of care
Clinical Supervisor and Educator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 26, 2019
The leadership does not focus on quality of care but on money and staying below the budget, disregarding safety. The employees work under staffed on a regular basis and that is unsafe for the patients.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
management keeps departments understaffed
Texcas Health Resources
RN in a Level 3 NICU (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2019
This hospital is a great place to work to gain experience. They are very good at promoting staff development, they are organized and encourages it's nurses to think critically. This hospital feels like a well oiled machine. The nurse- doctor relationship is good and most doctors here are very professional and pleasant to work with. Benefits are not the best but they are not the worst either. They pay their employees decent but they are very stingy with their raises. Their schedule is not good as they are not as flexible as other hospitals I have worked at. They also require you to do on call shifts on top of your regular shifts. Assignments can be extremely difficult too because of poor staffing but if they have enough staff they are good at giving appropriate assignments. Overall this is a great hospital to work for but scheduling can be a problem and it is very difficult to get raises.
Pros
good work experience
Cons
scheduling, extra on call shifts required, hard to get raises, benefits are not the best
Excellent
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Azle, TXFebruary 23, 2019
Texas Health Resources is an excellent organization. My first choice is to find a position and stay at this organization. They provide great benefits and has a family feel. They are patient safety oriented,

Want to know more about Texas Health Resources?

Ask a question
Great Place to work
Sr. Decision Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2019
This has been the best place to work so far in my career. The corporate culture reflects its values. This is due to the top down involvement in expresses these values on a monthly basis. Effort is made to hire people who will continue these values as well as provide great customer support.
Pros
Organization culture well maintained and reiterated
Cons
Can't think of any
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Love my job, if only I could get a better pay to afford my bills. I am not able to keep this job alone and afford my living expenses. I have to work a second job to continue working here.
Cons
Pay scale
Working here is like spending a day with friends and family
Sr Admin Asst to SVP Business Develpmnt (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2019
My days were filled with both routine functions (security) and regular variables - people, locations, timing, specific needs, etc. This company has a culture of kindness. These are some of the kindest, caring people I have had the pleasure of working with. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I could make someone smile or look relieved. The hardest part of my job is the …… waiting.
Pros
on-site cafeteria, on-site gym, friendly helpful people
Cons
not enouh empowerment or delegation
Flexibilty
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2019
The culture at THR is not bad at all, depends on the specific management. With the new management, flexibility was gone and the job became very stressful.
We had a great team but the job description and benefits as compared to the peer organizations was very poor.
Horrible
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 5, 2019
To many clicks within the organization. Poor management. No reasoning with any issues that arise with coworkers. One minded boss and supervisors dont listen to what is said or needed.
Family Oriented
Environmental Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Although there are a lot of different fields in healthcare; it takes a village to make everything run smoothly and that's how I feel about THR; everyone pulls together to get the job done.
Pros
guaranteed field to work in.
Cons
Hospital never closes
Poor. See review.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 3, 2019
Poor corporate management. More concerned with bottom line rather than having supplies to care for patients. Hospital management hands are tied due to corporate. Very poor place to work!!!
Pros
Cons
See review. No place to advance.
Stressful
Benefits and Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 1, 2019
Due to the stress of the position the turn over rate of employees is very high. Training is minimal at best. Management isn't able to be around enough to see how co-workers spend most of their time on their cell phones or the internet. After 2 years the same problems still exist. They are not a punitive company therefore the problematic staff continue to get away with coming in late, taking long lunches and breaks. It leaves the rest of the staff overworked trying to keep up with the workload.
Pros
All my PTO requests were approved, pay was competitive. Management are nice
Cons
Management really don't know what is going on
Good company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 31, 2019
I love the crew I work with - Especially my doctor ! He is a wonderful doctor as well as an inspirational man. Have learned a lot from him and admire him so much. I think we have a great group of coworkers
Pros
Drug reps bring food
Cons
Not much flexibility in hours
The best place I've ever been employed with.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2019
A typical day is ever changing. Texas Health will keep you on your toes. The senior leadership is some of the best of it's kind as well as the culture. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the fast paced changes taking place but in turn this is what also makes it fun. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with and the culture you work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Health Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight