Texas Health Resources Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 16, 2018
It is a great company to work for in this department it isn't alot of room to grow. Management will work with you and help until you feel comfortable with your work.
Stressful with no room to grow
PATIENT ACCOUNT REP II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 13, 2018
Difficult position with no real training. Manager was not readily available with problem situations. Manager worked at home while team worked in office.
Terrible place
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 8, 2018
I was an LVN at the time I worked there and the RNs treated the LVNs horribly. We felt like burdens to the RNs. Now that I’m a registered nurse maybe I’d fit in there. I’d give it a second chance.
Pros
Great advancement
Cons
Busy
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 5, 2018
great place to work, love my manager and coworkers. it is sometimes changeling but worth it when taking care of patients and their needs. I would recommend working for texas health.
Okay place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 4, 2018
There is just not enough room for advancement and the directors of the departments do not listen to their employees. Ever since the company's re-branding the hospital has really gone down hill.
Great company to work for
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 3, 2018
I loved my time working for Texas Health of Plano. I worked nights and had a lot of great co workers. I mostly worked under the management of the house supervisors.
great nurse to work with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 3, 2018
providing direct patient care. high management turn over. enjoyed flexible scheduling. The nurses are supportive and work well together. Hardest part of job was not having management support staff.
flexible
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 2, 2018
Enjoyed working here. The floor had peaks and valleys with their census which made it difficult to always get mandatory hours. Staff and manager were mostly nice and helpful.
Most boring job of my life
HQ Team member (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 2, 2018
Without giving away too much, my work lacked meaning. Every day I dreaded coming in. my cubicle walls were so high I saw no human faces for 8 hours straight and lacked direction in my work. Nothing about this job was fun for me.
Horrible company
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2018
The management is quite horrendous. They say things are done for the patient, but it is not true. It use to be a great place to work. But management is firing and pushing all the older workers out and bringing in unlicensed workers. Thirteen people in two years should give some sort of alarm that things are not well. Instead the company backs this sort of thing.
Pros
Cons
horrible management
Great Place
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Great Place to work it does have its ups and downs like any Job we work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week can be very tough we also work with very sick patients that can be very difficult at times.
Pros
Great Place
Cons
seniority dosen't seen to mean much
Excellent individuals, teams, and culture
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Excellent individuals, teams, and culture.
Continuous growth and opportunity.
Team oriented and fast paced.
Excellent leadership.
Recognition is applauded.
great place to work.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 23, 2018
. I love my job, and most of the people. Downfall - working weekends and holidays. Upside, only work 3 days a week. Great benefits, tuition reimbursement and accumulate PTO hours each pay period.
Leadership is poorly managed and not communicative
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Management in my area has not the skill to handle their position and will have their assistant do it all while lying to staff and creating rumors and lies.
Poor management
Registered Nurse, Oncology (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Very poor management, upper management micro-manages all aspect of nursing life. Strong sense of not being appreciated. I get called off all the time and don't get anywhere near 36 hours. Have to use my PTO on every pay period.
Pros
Market adjustments
Cons
Poor management
TERRIBLE management at HEB location
Nothing (Current Employee) –  HEBSeptember 16, 2018
Our Director is terrible! It is a hostile work environment in our department and the Director is horrible. What's worse is that HR could easily be notified of this situation because all of the red flag words that apply to this situation - bully, hostile work environment, intimidation and retaliation, but the Director and HR are extremely friendly so it would do no good to report this. The people in the department and throughout the hospital are very nice though.
Enjoyed All The People. Hard Work. Good Hospital.
RN (Former Employee) –  SouthwestSeptember 15, 2018
As a nurse on one of the busiest units I grew to love and enjoy my team. Supportive peers and management was just fine, slightly micromanged, but from the THR corporate viewpoint, I imagine that is exactly what they want/need. Collaborative disciplines. Nice and clean. Good quality control. Plenty of opportunities for CEU's and career advancement. Discounts from the cafeteria and giftshop. Such nice people all around. If I had pass on some tips for success they would be: 1) Join a committee. I was a reliable, honest, cheerful, hard worker, treated my patients the best, employee of the month once, easily approachable, and just a good employee. I highly value my personal life. I work to live and not live to work. Unfortunately, that is a hard motto to live by as a nurse. Always wanted to do more for your team. Join committees, mandatory meetings, endless Mytalent or RQI (edu. and certs. courses), posters, process improvements project's, help pay for this individuals celebration, emails, clinical checks-offs, etc. If your manager sees that you are not involved in the unit you do feel devalued. 2) Stay current on all things nursing. 3) Keep an open mind to changes. 4) You have to make yourself and others accountable for actions made. 5) Ignore the random linen staff gazers. They like to flirt with the cute ladies. Also, the hardest units still need to find a better staffing ratios, last unit was 5:1. The work is incredibly busy/hard/fast-paced/under appreciated for sure. You'll feel like you have 20hrs of work to do in 12. I do believe that leadership is out-of-touch with bedside  more... nursing and expectations are too high. Plates are full. Oh, and you only get 6 weeks of maturinty leave and only after you zero'd out your PTO.  less
Pros
Everybody is smiling and nice. Helpful culture. Benefits are crazy good.
Cons
30 min lunches, strict uniform rules, rude patients, budget cuts, 6 weeks maturity leave, not the best work-life balance.
productive place to work
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Fast paced hospital environment to include café services. Good management staff easily accessible. Tray style service for200 bed hospital. Good growth potential in organization.
This was an excellent company to work for. They provided all that was needed to do my job well.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I really liked working for this company. There was room for advancement. They provided the tools need to do my job and to do it well. They focused on diversity. Compassion was also something they focused on.
Pros
room for advancement
Great Place to work
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 12, 2018
People and culture are nice and friendly, the benefits are one of the best around the DFW metroplex, given opportunity for growth and advancement, close to home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Health Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

77out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Texas Health Resources.