Texas Health Resources Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Maintenance Specialist l (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJuly 19, 2018
Corporate management needs to be involved in each department and get to know what's going on. The hardest part about my job is the communication between manager and employee.
Pros
Great beneifts
Ok place to work
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 18, 2018
Texas Health has its perks. Unit I work on is unorganized, supervisors are not professional. Manager is by the book according to THR policy. Work day is overloaded. Too many tasks required of TECHs. We do Vitals,draw labs, assist patients, chart, feed, change patients and help with anything the nurse needs. We have at max 12 patients at a time.I feel it is not safe for one person to have that many patients to look after. As Unit Secretary there is way too much responsibility. We are expected to admit, discharge patients, answer phones, and call lights.We watch telemetry monitors and chart every hour on that. We do our own billing and charges for discharged patients and we order, stock, and refill supplies. The most enjoyable part of my job is if I get to work with a nurse that is willing to help out with his/he patients if I am busy.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Poor supervising, benefits for part time employees to high in cost, lack of staff cooperation
Stay away from the ITS group.
Special Applications Analyst, Tier III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2018
My group was pulled out of THPG and moved to THR. We left a great environment for a nightmare at THR. Management is very petty. There is supposed to be new opportunity, but there really isn't. It's just the script they recite, just like telling you you're a valued employee when they're screwing you.
Cons
Micromanagement is a specialty here.
Roi is the worst
Release of Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 11, 2018
Environment is very stressful. The workload is ridiculous because they don't have the necessary manpower to cover the workload. You're expected to do 100 things at once, which is impossible...no matter how skilled you are at multitasking. Turnover rate is high because of this. Management is okay, but don't seem to listen to staff when it comes to asking for more help. They feel that overtime can makeup for meeting deadlines but employees are becoming burnt-out! There are opportunities to advance throughout the department, but certain managers will stall your request to transition from one area to another due to lack of hiring.
Department is very disorganized and lacks structure. If you apply for a job in the ROI department, beware!
Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment; too much woork, not enough staff.
Good productive and fun workingplace
Patient Care Technician CNA Primary Duties Monitor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 10, 2018
Ever since I started working for the Texas health I have really enjoyed it. The Company have great benefits, good pay and flexible work schedule. The management too is very great.
Pros
I get a total 30 minute lunch breaks
Cons
I sometimes get additional 15 minutes also
Working at THR
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 10, 2018
Working in a THR hub Microbiology lab is fast paced and challenging. A high volume of testing is performed with some of the newest technology. I learned new methodologies and equipment. The people are good to work with but some have a habit of calling in sick .
The lab provides services to 10 additional hospitals within the system. The Microbiology lab is now a centralized hub for the system.
Weekends can be very busy but a good crew can handle it.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Not very flexible with the
Well organized system
Admissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJuly 9, 2018
THR is a well organized system that has a lot of resources for employees. Even in a lower level role, I felt valued in my position. Processes are clearly communicated, with input being incorporated.
Faith based entity
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
Very fast paced and demanding role within a large hospital system. I acquired many skills to enhance my career opportunities. I enjoyed the people I worked with very much. Tremendous travel in my position but within a good balance.
Pros
Faith based culture
Cons
Long hours and heavy travel
Productive environment. Was able to work autonomously. Some telecommuting was allowed.
Chargemaster Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2018
Good job, plenty to do; enjoyed working autonomously. Worked in a large group but my position was separate. Worked as support staff fo several small hospitals. Enjoyed the variety of working with so many people. Work day was typically 8-9 hours.
Pros
Autonomous work, ability to telecommute
Cons
Would have liked more educational opportunities
Great job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  DallasJuly 5, 2018
Great job and place to work. Provides support to all employees. Well staffed at all times. Provides charge nurses that have experience and can assist with critical situations
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No room to advance professionally
Great 20+
HIMS (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76010July 1, 2018
I have worked for THR for almost 21 years. I left twice , thinking I would be happier with more money, and I was wrong both times. When I came back to THR, they allowed me to keep my tenure. I will not leave again, unless I ABSOLUTELY NEED TO..... like my husband having to relocate, or my retirement.
Pros
So many opportunities to grow, teaching & training courses
Mixed Review
APPLICATIONS SYSTEMS ANALYST III (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 25, 2018
IT Management structure rather formidable, staff awareness of manager's personality is prevalent, affects communication and cross team work effort. Some managers ensure staff are trained often and are cross-trained. Other managers seldom send staff to training, until progress makes it necessary.
Pros
Awarded diversity and Best Place to Work multiple times - internal 'survey pushing' is rampant
Cons
Diversity is not reflected in upper management:Managers, Directors, VPs, Senior VPs
Awesome place to work
Patient Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 25, 2018
Thr is a great place to work, you get to choose your hours and get to work from home once your training period
.I enjoyed working from home nd averaged between 4 and 500 c laims per weeks
Pros
Great hours
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2018
THR is very flexible with work schedule in that employees are able to self schedule for shift desired to worked. Also employees are able to switch with their peers on the existing schedule if conflicts arise.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Events focused for dayshift worker
Learned lots of new orthopedic views.
Senior Technologist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 22, 2018
Great place to work, excellent benefits. Hardest part of job was the team working as a well oiled machine. Made amazing life long relationships with co-workers and providers.
productive and caring about the community as a whole
Credentialer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
open door policy from upper management..Managers are very understanding and room for growth and promotions.

Also the flexibility of work schedules are for everyone.
Pros
Accountability
Cons
short breaks
One of the best jobs.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 18, 2018
THR was one of the best jobs I have had is sometimes. The people were friendly and the job was at a great place. I enjoyed with for the company and if had a changes to go back to texas, I would love to work for that company.
Pros
great worl place
Former PRN Clinical Lab Assistant
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 17, 2018
Teaches great values and morals but job is high demand and schedules reported out by mangers can be changed without notice. Never know what days youll be working or if you'll have a big enough paycheck to cover your needs. Management played favorites & bounced authority round left & right. There was no room for promotion or advancement as a PRN you're the lowest in the lab on a demanding schedule
Pros
Discounted Lunches, workplace skills and education programs
Cons
Dont get the hours needed; therefore not the pay either
Leadership team is dysfunctional and two faced.
Lab manager (Former Employee) –  planoJune 16, 2018
Get new senior leadership at Plano. This team is cut throat and plastic faced, phony plastic people. These people are phony and lack leadership skills on how to treat department managers.
Pros
good food in cafeteria
Cons
phony senior leadership team.
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2018
I started working for THR right out of high school as a Temp employee. As with any company it had it's ups and downs. Our department had a high management turn over rate. The job was flexible with worklife/family life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Health Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

77out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Texas Health Resources.

Powered by Comparably