Texas Historical Commission Employee Reviews

Awesome Team
Administrative Tech IV - Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2018
You will love your team, environment, and all your extra ways of giving to the community. Our agency has heart and it shows with our work and ethics. We thrive on preserving our history and places that mean so much to the people of Texas.
Pros
Giving Back!
Cons
We don't have enough money to do everything we would like
Great Workspace
Geographic Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Everyone was friendly and willing to collaborate. The management was very clear and always punctual. I never felt that I was isolated or pressured to do anything outside my comfort zone.
Museum Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockport, TexasAugust 11, 2017
Currently work part-time. Nice work balance, getting to work with the public. Location is beautiful, directly on Aransas Bay in Rockport. Wonderful site director, good staff, great volunteers and Friends' group. Working at a historic site is interesting. I get to meet people from all over the world and make their experience on the coast a little better. The benefits are wonderful, pay is not the highest.
Pros
Fun job working with the public. Great benefits and time off.
Cons
Pay is not the best.
Fun and exciting learning experience.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 1, 2017
Best part of my job was I met visitors from around the world, taught them history in a fun and exciting way. I learned how to care for and help preserve collections in a house museum and provide the best customer service possible especially in difficult situations or with difficult people. Enjoyed organizing luncheons, outreaches, classes, and helping set up exhibits. Opening and closing procedures, money handling, providing tours to visitors, contacting volunteers, clerical duties were done on a daily basis.
Pros
Great benefits, 401 k, home life and work life were great
Internship
Archaeological Collections Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2015
Great internship, I learned a lot and they were always willing to teach me anything I was curious about. They were very generous with their resources.