Texas Instruments, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 780 reviews matching the search See all 1,092 reviews
Excellent work/life balance
Member, Group Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 17, 2018
CEO generally delivers. Bonus pay-out scheme not very competitive compared to other big companies. Lunch is partly subsidized in some locations. Great company for career advancement. Well defined and well supported career path for technical population.
Pros
Technical path well defined, there is work-life balance, cost is managed with process and material cost reductions and yield improvements, performing personnel are often kept, retrained or relocated in lieu of RIF.
Cons
Too many meetings sometimes, engineers and technical staff are required to send detailed weekly reports.
Great place to work!!
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT/PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2018
Management is organized in the group I worked. There was accountability and I was trusted as a contractor and treated as an employee. That is invaluable! I had fun while I worked, highly intelligent people who love what they do. The pay was lower than market value but it was worth it, to enjoy going to work. the work life balance was always great and they were very understanding of situations that required time off.
Not great, but it's a paycheck.
Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 13, 2018
I have been with this company for 4+ years, and I am still considered a temporary employee. I have heard that this is typical and somebody in management has described us as "replaceable". I like having the compressed shifts, but am not a fan of not getting paid time off like the non-contract employees. It's not a hard job, but can be fast paced and long hours on your feet.
Pros
3-4 days off a week
Cons
Hard to advance, short breaks, short staffed
Different work schdule
Equipment Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2018
They work a compressed work week. 3 days at 12 hours a day then 3 days off with a swing swift every other week. I was on nights. It was a hard schedule to get used to balancing family with small children.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Tough schedule
If you like to work in a Box Texas Instruments is for you
Senior Global Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 8, 2018
Company prefers to hire candidates out of college and then groom them according to TI philosophy. In recent years the company has embarked on a broad and encompassing management tool called Playbook. Working with this system takes the creativity and ingenuity out of the workplace and replaces it with a drone like environment.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
No human touch. Machine like interface.
ASIC Design Contract Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
Management didn't always know what successes each engineer had or contributed to. However, the open door policy is a very good thing, if you can find the particular manager in his/her office.
Pros
Good, talented engineers to work for.
Cons
Management needs some help.
The BEST place I have ever worked
Development Manager and Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2018
I would rate my experience at Texas Instruments very high for the following reasons:
1. Full autonomy given to managers to take decisions and execute
2. Great benefits
3. Great work life balance
4. Great culture, challenging but not stressful
5. Very steady growth for the Organization and the employees
Horrible Place
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2018
Your'e basically on your own nobody really not a team player. They just like to see you fail. You will be part of a contract and there people that have been here for 5years and they are not even with the company yet.
Cons
Not good place for advancement
Great benefits
Wafer Fab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 23, 2018
Great company to work for. Manufacturing in the other hand is treated poorly. No opportunity for advancement. Too much politics and favoritism. Would recommend for engineers, designers and testing.
Pros
Up to 3 weeks vacation per year
Cons
No place for advancement. Company hires outside instead of promoting within
Awesome opportunity
Intern Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2018
Did the Co-op program for 6 months. Really enjoyed the opportunity and the company and campus are awesome. The finance and operations opportunity was a great one.
good place to work
Senior Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  S Portland, MEApril 20, 2018
Hard work good pay and benefits. Adequate training. Good communication between management and work force. Compressed work week can be challenging. One negative: frequently required to work holidays.
Decent company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
Difficult to have life-work balance.
The overall salary is good if you don't count the long working hours.
However, the management culture needs to be changed.
time off week was okay
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75243April 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time at texas instruments. I had to leave because my circumstances did not allow me to take care of my kids and have proper childcare for them. People are great. management needs work, felt unappreciated and did not feel like all i did was ever good enough.
Pros
good break times
Cons
no paid time off
Entry Level
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 15, 2018
Great place to start your career. They offer rotational programs to help you understand your possible job role in more detail and also to network and learn how to navigate around TI.
Fast paced
Surface Analysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2018
Very fast paced. Lack of support in laboratory work groups in order to prepare for next generation needs. The manufacturing areas generate money and understandably receive upgraded equipment, but laboratories need upgrades every few years as well and they are many times overlooked.
good
Manufacturing Specialist for SCT in IFLEX and VLCT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
good work place but pay is not good for what you are asked to do. good place to get experience don't hang around to long the prize for working 25 years is a gold watch
fun but slow
Inbound Tech Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2018
it is a good place to work just very slow. sometimes you will only get 4 calls in an 10 hour day. the leadership is great but there is no room for advancement.
Pros
hours and overtime
Cons
a lot of down time
Much better now
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2018
The management was pretty dense when I worked there, so much so that the division I worked for (Wireless Business Unit) essentially went out of business. But those people are gone now.
Pros
Nice people, good engineers
Cons
Middle managers were essentially not trained to manage people
Poor Management
Equipment Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEApril 3, 2018
Blatant favoritism, unclear expectations, and ever-changing rules. Wide variations of expectations for people with identical job roles. Would not recommend this job.
Good place to work and raise family
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2018
Balanced work and life. It's affordable to live and work in the Dallas area. Like the culture and the working facilities. Company has long history of innovation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Instruments, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight