Texas Medical Center Employee Reviews

Lots of research and planning to do my job.
Sr Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
Field visits are made to determine the type of training needed for customer service and safety. New Parking Services were introduced
and the public needed educating and assistance.

Interactions in the classroom were nornally full of fun and discussions.

Diversity is very important to the organization.
Pros
My position had rover status - easy parking
Cons
No Training Library on site.
Police Department? Really
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
Employee with the Texas medical center in security department and now we are becoming a police department, this does not happen over night and you have people in charge with no police background or work experience in the field. I'm not sure on the future of the department everyday its something different. If a department is moving or changing locations you would think bigger and better, we all think that security is last on the list for upgrades. We are not fully staffed and that puts a strain on current officers.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Excellent work environment
Excellence- Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2018
It a busy environment where we have about approximate 200 patients a day for Ct and MRI procedures. I have learned so much about this facility especially in becoming well-versed in starting IV's. The culture are well diversified where you be able to learn and understand the cultures respectively. The hardest part of the job are the bulks of patients that we need to accomodate in a certain time. I have enjoyed much of my job because I got a chance to interact in different type of patient's personalities.
Poor Leadership
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
Honestly speaking I enjoyed working there for the short period time I was employed before the Empire took over now you have the blind leading the blind with people getting promoted with no experience in an environment where experience goes along way, management staff get nervous when the executives start asking questions but keep in mind none of those executives has knowledge or experience in that type of field. I'm glad I left their so my mind can think clearly I still have friends their that just put up with the drama.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Plenty
Good work environment
MD (Former Employee) –  Anderson, TXAugust 11, 2018
Everyday , I was allowed to search for problems if existing problems were resolved .. Made tickets. Repair some , assign the others to work mates
We had no stringent work schedules ... We worked independently
Pros
Worked on new technology GENOMES
Cons
located in Medical center
Operations Dept TMC
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2018
I was employed here for over 6 plus years and been switched over to different departments several times but now this place is turning into a joke. The management staff does not have your back with security or parking, I lost my position because my manager was to worried about his job and followed them FOLKS instead of his failures.
Pros
None now
Cons
Too many procedures policies
fun place
HVAC II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2018
The Med center was a competitive place and the management wasnt done very well. The paid time off was a nice feature and the location was great.I left for a better opportunity.
Pros
time off
Cons
manager
amazing place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time working in the Medical center. They allow you to grow and continue your education. I would recommend to anyone that wants to work and continue going to school. They have various shifts which is convenient .
Stressful and micro managed
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Use to be a good place to work until the new managers. Micro managed with constant threats of being fired. Excessive workload recently placed upon the employees.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Bad management
decline
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I decline to write a review, work there in the past, the pay was great and the job details were great, not management, management was scared of losing there jobs
Productive place to work
Volunteering at the Memorial Hermann Hospital (Current Employee) –  Center, TXJanuary 8, 2018
It is a great place to work. The staffs in the Volunteer office is fine. The hospital is clean and most of the employees are nice and friendly. I have too much fun to work at different department in the hospital.
Pros
free lunch
Stressful invironment
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
The turnover is very high. There were not many officers or dispatchers that stayed with the company for more than five or six years. I went through 8 chiefs in a 16 year span.
Pros
pay is very good
Cons
rigid break schedule, stressful invironment
ok job
Parking Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Center, TXOctober 10, 2017
department closed and I felt it was a bit too short and abrupt. culture is ok and it game me a chance to move to a better field, I'm filling this out because
Productive Workflow
Relief Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working as a relief Radiology Technologist. I gained valuable experience to my skillset. I worked when I was needed and performed various routine exams.
Challenging but I LOVED working for this company
Operations Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at work consists of assisting customers in a variety of ways; it was never monotonous.

I learned to multi-task while assisting customers and improve my skillset.

Management was EXTREMELY supportive and accommodating to my personal needs. Also, they were very eager for their team members' input and ideas in helping to improve the quality of work for the department.

We had a very relaxed work atmosphere - never strained or uneasy.

The hardest part of the job is working with others' whose skillset may not be the same as yours and which sometimes lead to either mis-communication or non-communication.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the awesome atmosphere, teamwork, and the AWESOME management staff.
Pros
Bonuses, PTO roll over or cash out, very relaxed workplace
Cons
Short breaks
Very good
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2017
Excellent place to work, located conveniently in the heart of the beautiful city of Houston, Texas. The environment is conducive to learning and development.
Notes
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Center, TXJuly 28, 2017
Running Service calls and Equipment PMs
A fine tuneup on all my skills
To many levels at the start, but the New CEO, had taken care of that.
Great working as a team
In touch of whats going on with everyday life.
Pros
Cons
People (Public) need to be careful
Cloudy Outlook
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
It is unclear what the Executive team at TMC has in mind for the future. They have managed to outsource 75% of all operations and counting. Leadership has zero trust in their employees, they rely heavily on consultants.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Leadership in Training
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
The management team is new, young, and in some cases "in-training" mode. The executive team has little business experience and the work environment is very biased. Some of the people who have been there for a long time have been neglected. Executives do not know how to manage people and instead of relying on experienced people, they rely on young, inexperience kids to help their ego. The company has changed a lot from a place that was once enjoyable to one that walks on eggshells and if you disagree, your job will be outsourced. This is a frequent and on-going practice there. They will lie to your face before kicking you to the curb.
Was good, new management has no direction
Senior Systems/Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
When I started in 2006, the company had purpose and was going in the right direction. Benefits were great, management, while heavy was good. Once the president resigned and a new management team came on board. The business took a nose dive into disarray and no focus. Been that way since and I am tired of being overlooked and under appreciated. No change in site, I feel the company is going down the path of losing its income and its presence in Texas.

The most enjoyable part were the people and the drive for new technology. Yet the worst part makes the above pointless.
Pros
Heath care, Pto
Cons
Management, focus, lack of leadership