Texas Mutual Insurance Company

Texas Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

You are able to work across different technologies
The hardest part of the job is having too many chiefs and too many meetings. Sometimes too many people have input into solution decisions. There is a new beautiful building that is open and conducive for collaboration.
Pros
Good Benefit Packages
Cons
Strategies are not clearly articulated
Too many staff changes
New management. Low trust. People leave for better opportunities. Not enough opportunities for advancement. They hire good people and a good place for young starters. Unable to speak your mind.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Poor management. Low pay.
Good company culture
TMI has a positive work environment. New building is fantastic. TMI is implementing Agile teams in a systematic way. The company is a good place to work. They have repeatedly been listed as among the companies to work for in Texas.
Pros
IT really does work as a team.
Cons
Contract work tends to end at 2 year mark.
Exciting place to work.
Very informative and exciting place to work. The company was very helpful in advancement opportunitites. I just wish the company was a little closer to my home.
Very Productive and Disciplined at thw work place.
A very sincere and hard working individual,
Have a great time management so complete the assigned work in the given time.

Have learned a lot to enhance and upgrade my skills while on the job.
Great Company
Texas Mutual was a great company to work for overall, however the management left much to be desired. At times employees were threatened and bullied into intimidation which often led to an hostile work environment.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
stressful work environment
Fantastic company to work for
It's a fantastic company to work for, fantastic company culture with a relaxed, supportive atmosphere. Most people stay long term, and are very welcoming.
Production focused no matter what
The production requirement was not possible unless you worked nights and weekends. Not a very cohesive team or unit. Managers for the unit changed 4 times in 4 years.
Great work place
TXM has been good to me. Fair hours, opportunities for overtime, and people are friendly. I have opportunities to change shifts if I would like. And everyday is great at TXM.
Terrible Managers that Lie to prevent a Bonus
The Managers agenda is to punish the Employees! Terrible place to work, they create a fake narrative to prevent the EE from getting their hard-earned bonus. Extreme philosophy. Also In order to receive Health Benefits at a low premium the EE must release all their private Health information & give their blood annually to prove they are Healthy. Plus forced to report daily their sleep & exercise hours ... etc. If you don’t comply then you are penalized with a much higher Health premium.
Pros
Nice Building, average 401k
Cons
Terrible Managers backstabbers! Not knowledgeable
Productive place to work
My daily work consist of calling and answering phones. Recovering Worker's Compensation premium that is due. And educating clients on worker's compensation.
Highlight of my young adult life
I loved working here. Everyone made me feel like a part of the team and I was able to learn may new technical skills that I don;t think I would have otherwise been able to learn. Great actuarial department. I can;t speak for the rest of the company but I loved my experience here.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
It didn't last longer
Not good
Fast paced production based environment. Always short staffed due to regular turnover. Have to go on breaks and lunch at same time as everyone else like in grade school. Expected to work past your shift almost daily ,sometimes unpaid if it is less than 7 minutes. Yet you will be talked to if you are 1 minute late. All the senior people are old ladies that double as spies.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
Incompetent management, extreme nepotism, micromanaging, low pay, dated culture, business dress code even if you are doing nothing but opening mail
No Current Informaiton
The company has changed since I was employed there. I have no current knowledge of the management and culture. There are some employees that have been there for many years.
ok
Management for the Nurse Team leader was not a nurse but a man with rehab degree that supervised nurses. Did not have adequate skills for his subordinates.
Pros
ok
Cons
Not loyal to their employees
Great people who care about what they do
The team works collaborating through all projects. they care about each other and help each other. Great place to work for a long time. They work with pride because the company appreciate them.
One of the best companies in Texas
Texas Mutual is a great place to work. There are many talented people with a desire to contribute and provide great service to our clients. I love coming to work!

The most enjoyable part of the job are the relationships with team members and our clients.
Pros
Culture, leadership team, mission and values
Cons
Commute to work
Great Management and Team Support
Excellent company to work for with good management and good support staff. Fantastic training and continued eductional semniars available at all times. Co-workers are great.
Pros
Great Support Staff and Management
Dependable
Performed support needs for Workers Compensation new and renewal policies. I successfully completed all jobs by time requested. Maintained records , verified and interprets date and resolves discrepancies.
Pros
Employee picnics
Cons
Very fast paced and detail oriented workplace.
The direct hire position I held at this company involved prepping items to be scanned into the computer system the first half of the day, and indexing those items the second half of the day into three separate computer systems so that all involved personnel could view them, etc. The management depended upon what department you were working in. All of the departments varied a great deal. The hardest part of my position was keeping my wrists in good shape at the rate in which I type. The most enjoyable part of the job was the long lasting friendships I gained.
Pros
A cafe was in the building with impressive menu's and wonderful spirited employees.
Cons
Dept games to relieve stress took many hours out of productive work being accomplished.
The people make the company a great place to work
The people make the company a great place to work. This is a company that offers opportunity for advancement for it's employees.
Pros
Emphasis placed on employee health (ie: offers free yoga classes to employees)
Cons
Can be demanding work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Mutual Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Texas Mutual Insurance Company Reviews by Location