Texas Orthopedic Hospital Employee Reviews

Friendly workplace with some departmental issues
Food Nutrition Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2019
Overall, Texas Orthopedic Hospital is a good place to work because many employees are very friendly but management in the food department is slightly poor.
Pros
Free lunches and friendly employees
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
They are hateful people and I would never recommend my family or friends to work there. They are undercover back stabbing people .
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2019
They can never keep anybody they have a lot of turnovers. I was there for years and stressed but when I left I’m much better. It’s just not worth my sanity or time. I did love my patients that’s who I did it for. I wish people would stop glorifying them because it’s not all what it seems on the outside.
Pros
I loved some people I worked with and patients
Cons
Did not like director from jump
Productive and a fun place to work
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasJanuary 10, 2019
Five star hospital to work for five star employees to work for , Sun environment with great insurance benefits wonderful and experienced nurses and doctors
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
No cons
Family like work environment
Radiology Front Desk/Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day at work was very high paced and busy. Working in my position, I gained radiology and diagnostic testing knowledge. From scheduling a study/procedure to being able to explain the results. I arrived with great customer service, I left with exceptional patient care and satisfaction. Not only from working as a Central scheduler but from running the front desk in the Radiology department and the Occupational rehab center.
The Management team in over all were very friendly and positive. Sadly the hardest part of my position there was having to deal with the supervisors over my department. I enjoyed every aspect of my job no matter the task presented to me. But the lack of work ethic and patient care from those individuals made it stressful.
Pros
Family like work environment, helping others on a daily basis
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2018
I started off in the FANS department.. that was awful
I then transferred and was offered opportunity after opportunity.. if you are eager to learn and grow this is the palce for it. everyone is nice
NURSE TECH (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
Very friendly and busy workplace. You get to experience patients and family members, make them feel happy and welcomed. I enjoy working here, great workplace.
Great
OR Aide (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2018
I would get there to work and set up the OR rooms for the day ahead. once the surgeries started we would move over the patients. once a surgery ended we would have to clean up the room and that's pretty much it.
fast paced, yet productive workplace enviorment
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
very great company to work for. great benefits, positive work environment. couldn't have asked for a better employer! i would highly recommend anyone to work for them
Pros
great benefits, positive work enviorment
Cons
It was a nice job for a little while.
Lead EVS Tech/Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Did not like the management change ,over worked at times , lack of communication from Director and Supervisor. a typical work day consist of general housekeeping duties. Work place environment was okay.
Wonderful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
Working with orthopedic Patient was good because it made me proud to encourage and teach patients how to work and become confident.the thanks s and praise the gave to the team felt great and to see the patients come back to thank is for doing a good job meant a lot
Pros
Working with great nurses that listen to us
Cons
Some nurses would not take responibity
not too stressful
RNII (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
needed a change of pace and this is what was received. good company with pleasant people. do not feel that i am paid enough at this hospital, but the work that I do here is much less stressful than the work I have done at any other place of employment
unfair lies
STERILE Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
very much like CHI but at first it was a great place to work and after 10 years and no raise or opportunity for advancement the lies and backstabbers came out under new management and HCA is a low paying company
Operating room nurse
OPERATING ROOM NURSE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2018
Nice place to work, great people, smaller hospital setting. Lots of changes in management in the OR and very clicky. Lots of Favoritism. Do not work here if you are looking for otherwise.
Pros
small hospital setting, free parking
Cons
short breaks, late lunches, poor management
Bad management
RN (Former Employee) –  HoustonMarch 27, 2018
Management is very unorganized and unprofessional. Small hospital with little room for advancement. Lots of favoritism. People that work hard always get dumped on. It’s a very stressful environment, management doesn’t take anything employee say seriously.
Great place to learn about orthopedics.
Operating Room Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2018
This place is like a small village. People are very friendly and helpful. Fast pace setting because of the case load. You learn alot about the human anatomy working here.
Workload.
Surgical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2017
A typical day would mean would be labor intensive. Large cases with minimal assistense. I increased my knowledge of equiment I had not used or used rarely. The management team was not always helpful. In fact it made for a somwhat hostile enviroment. Again it was a very labor intensive job.
Pros
Sometimes lunch would be provided if there wasn't available staff to give breaks.
Cons
Managment would play favorites, giving easier assignments to thier friends.
Fast paced
Orthopedic Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
It was an adventure while it lasted. There is not much else to say about it. If you are strong willed and self motivated you will do fine. If you are not, this may not be a good fit for you. Tight nit group
Cutural diversity and great benefits
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2017
Very respectful staff
Approachable Manager, Director and Supervisor
Great team
I don't have problems in this hospital at all. The food are great. NO BAD comment
Good place to work but very busy, can be stressful.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work begins slow as you await surgery to begin. Once the day gets started it speeds up and patients come up from recovery the pace changes.
Pros
numerous discounts and freebies.
Cons
oncall and some overtime required.
Stressfull
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
Very stressfull at times, not a place to start right out of school. great people to work with tho. Need a better training program instilled. Need to learn one procedure before going to another.
Pros
Free lunches at times, good coworkers
Cons
late luches, not trained throughly on one procedure before trained on another

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Orthopedic Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Texas Orthopedic Hospital Reviews by Location