TEXAS PAIN INSTITUTE Employee Reviews

Awful!
Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2019
Underpaid, stressful work environment, and too much gossip. Management is never on your side. You will get written up for almost anything - they could avoid it if they talked with you sooner, but it will come as a surprise. There is no positive reinforcement, you know you’re doing a decent job if no one talks to you. The only reason I stayed as long as I did is because I loved (a select few) of my coworkers. The turnover rate is outrageous. People just quit because they get scared off by unrealistic expectations. You are encouraged to not take vacations, get sick, or take off early. Also the upstairs (admin departments) share the buildings with apartments and the hallways smell of marijuana everyday. You basically harass patients to come back to the practice. So, if you enjoy being treated like you’re in prison, this is the job for you.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, 1 hour lunch
Cons
Terrible management. They only want to bring you down. Not build you up.
Fast Paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77004March 15, 2019
I enjoyed working here. This was a very fast paced clinic but did not lack the patient care. The doctor was amazing to work for and the staff was very friendly. I was given the ability to learn and excel.
stressful
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2019
former Director degraded his female employees, over worked and underpaid for the amount of stress. Billing manager was amazing. Coworkers are amazing if they were not the ones who told on you every time you looked around.
New Management/ Better company
Front office associate (Current Employee) –  Fort worthAugust 15, 2018
I have worked at Texas Pain for almost 2 years and have been through a lot with this company. We have been under new management since February and it has made a world of difference. Employees are happier and the environment is amazing. We are one big work family and I love being here with my co-workers. Our Doctors and providers are amazing! All departments work together to find the best ways to improve and make workflow more organized and beneficial to the patient. Texas Pain is a wonderful place to work.
Career Advancement + Great Training + Amazing Owner + Stellar Physicians
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 15, 2018
Texas Pain Institute is an impressive institution. Dr. Aggarwal is the owner and founder and he is first a good man, second an incredibly smart business man and finally the kind of boss you spend a lifetime looking for.

Dr. Aggarwal and the Physicians do not micro manage the staff. They prefer to communicate their expectations and let the staff excel in their role with proper guidance and mentorship. I never feel that my questions or ideas are dumb or fall on deaf ears.

The culture at TPI is positive, team focused and patient focused. The staff do not complain when the clinic gets busy and they have to work hard. In Healthcare you have to expect the unexpected and the staff roll with the punches and rally to accomplish the mission. The staffs loyalty to the Physicians is rare and heart warming. This crew would follow these docs over a cliff if asked.

From a patient perspective our lobby wait times are too long, our customer service at the front desk can improve and our booking window is a little long. We are committed to addressing these valid concerns and every day I see the team stepping up and rising to the occasion. We have not had turn over with the entry level staff in over 60 days and we have not had turn over with our Physicians in a long time. Most Physicians have been here 10+ years and the ones that have not are newer to the Practice and are here to stay.

Texas Pain Institute is the largest Pain Practice in Tarrant County and has a vision for massive growth. You will see great career opportunities here over the next few years. It is an
  more... exciting time to join us at Texas Pain Institute where patients and staff come first and the rest falls into place.  less
Pros
Freedom to excel in your role with guidance and mentorship
Cons
no matching for the 401k
nice
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 7, 2018
Too busy, never turns down New Patients, I have learned a small amount about pain management, hardest part of the job is dealing with poor management, and things can get chaotic at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the providers are awesome and great to work with.
Pros
great providers
Cons
poor management
Fast Paced
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2018
Extremely busy pain management practice. Opportunities to learn a great deal however a significant amount of the job is self taught. There is not much support on the training function. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of my colleagues.
Pros
40 hours
Cons
No training
Friendly and understanding
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Staff was real nice and worked as a team. Doctor and physician's assistant were very nice and caring. No issues with this job. I would recommend this job to someone interested
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
miscommunication
productive and face paced enviroment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2018
overall you get to interact with a variety of patients, and get to get an insight of everybody's story. The doctors are great, as well are the nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Negative work enviornment
New Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2017
This place is very unorganized. They under pay. They discriminate against the handicap. The majority of the employees are negative and play to much when its time to work. They speak about patients where they can hear them and they violate HIPPA regulations daily.
I would not recommend this company for employment.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Holiday Pay
Cons
Forced to use PTO if you are out sick, Forced to take 1hr lunch if you work more then 6 hrs, Negative management, No team work
Poor management
Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Manager and supervisors are great the executive director us a bully and puts an employee down with the smallest mistake. Is always threatening to fire everyone on the spot.
Pros
The doctors, managers and supervisors are great
Cons
The executive director destroys any confidence a young employee has.
Worst Place ever
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 24, 2015
i worked there a total of 3 months and within the first month 5 employees were either let go or quit. The second month 3 more were fired and 1 quit. The turn over rate is ridiculous. All the staff does is talk behind each other's backs. I had to do the work of 2 pple and still was told about them complaining behind my back of the job not being done "good enough" instead of getting a little praise. They are not worth the time. The patients are fed up with them and the doctors are never on time for procedures, etc. There are so many bad reviews regarding them and patients its not even funny. A complete waste of 3 months. And the pay was not good for all of that stress and commotion. $9 an hour?! Walmart pays that rate now. Dont settle for less with them
Pros
Free lunch and very nice reps
Cons
One lunch, unhappy patients, and office staff not worth two pennies
Fun, fast paced environment
New Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 12, 2015
Very past paced environment. Sometimes overwhelming but time goes by fast. Co-workers are great. I really enjoy talking to my patients and getting to know them.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes. Christmas bonus, pto, health benefits.
Cons
One break, micro-managed.
Extremely busy office
Medical Assistant/Check (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2012
Arrive to work early to get a jump on patient load, stay late returning phone calls. Co-workers eager to help but often cannot; always short staffed. The hardest part was trying to get everything done and keeping up with an average of 50-80 patients a day. My favorite part of the day was 5:00 o'clock.
Pros
central location, free lunches
Cons
compensation, traveling with no auto maintenance incentive