Texas Petroleum Investment Company

Texas Petroleum Investment Company Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job is generating a well work-over opportunity, reviewing it with management and having it completed with the outcome better than expected.
Worked for Texas Petroleum for almost 8 yrs. as a field foreman. I enjoyed working offshore and have over 30 years in the oil field. I liked working with other people and as a supervisor.
Overall TPIC is a fair workplace environment to build your career in the oil and gas industry. My supervisor has helped me learn and grow in this industry with her support, knowledge and open door policy.
Good working conditions and the staff is very professional. No turnover of job loss. No promotions but you a bonus of 10% of your salary every year. Management was the best.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
It was a good place to work and I wished it had been longer but it was economics the reason I had to leave, cutbacks happen all the time in life. So move on to next job.
Pros
Cons
Didn't last
Overall good place to work at. Lots of free food. A good place for professionals who are looking for contract work and nearing retirement. HR professionals are wonderful.
• Prioritized and process utilities and other important invoices by weekly deadlines • Received invoices from vendors and route them out to the fields for coding & approval • Corrected any invoice errors involving coding and/or mathematical errors & vendor codes • Verified past due balances and correct current bills as needed • Communicated with higher authorities for necessary signatures on substantial amounts • Entered any and all data into OGSYS for final approval • Filed all designated invoices to be merged with check copies • Processed all LOE and AFE's in my territories • Integrated current system and process into ADP OpenInvoice system • Reviewed, verified and coded all invoices for processing payments more sufficiently in ADP • Metered and mailed out all live checks on a weekly basis • Kept open communication with vendors as needed for great customer service
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No OT
A typical day I could have a workover rig, coil unit and electric line going at same time, I learned to become a good time manager and scheduler. The hardest part was when we had a management change and it became very hard to work with by not knowing to whom or when to answer to whom. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the job went well and under budget.
-Typical day as a Land intern involved assisting others in the Land department whether it be the Lease analysts, Division Orders analysts, Landman, or Land Manager. -Learned how to properly read and analyze documents such as Oil and Gas leases, survey plats, and maps. -The most enjoyable part of my job was gaining experience in the Oil and Gas industry from experienced co-workers who were more than willing to share their knowledge.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Texas Petroleum Investment Company?