Texas Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Found 4,348 reviews matching the search See all 4,383 reviews
Texas Roadhouse
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 21, 2018
Texas Roadhouse was my first job. I started as a hostess and after a year and a half was promoted to server. I liked the fast paced environment. There were weekly food contests and Christmas card contests to see who could sell the most. The managers were understanding and considerate. I had to have surgery just two months into the job and I was welcomed back after my recovery period of six weeks, I was so pleased to see they had held my job for me. They really set the bar high as an employer. I would work for Texas Roadhouse again, without any hesitation.
Pros
Food discounts, contest bonuses
It was a fast paced job but the other homesteaders that I worked with I became super close friends with them.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2018
It would’ve been such a better job if I got paid more for what I did for them. Hostesses acted as mini managers for the entire restaurant but we tended to get paid the least along with the busboys. I made a lot of really good friends in this job but it was very stressful having to deal with all the angry and impatience customers on a Friday night. Plus, the double shifts weren’t ever worth it.
Poor management and training.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 27, 2018
When I applied I was promise a friendly working environment with easy going and cooperative managers. After working there with the change in management, it has become an extremely difficult place to continue working at. Managers are often angry and do not hear out employees. They are more focused on money rather than the treatment of employees. I feel like I was catfished going into this job
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Management, training, overall treatment
I don’t know about tips I worked back of the house
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYNovember 15, 2018
Texas Roadhouse has set the bar for fresh quality foods. After 10-15 years in the restaurant industry they’ve impressed me on the dedication to health and safety standards. The managers at my store was dedicated and wanted they’re employees to feel comfortable at they’re work. The front of house and back of house cadence was a friendly fun experience for employees and customers alike.
Pros
Flexible schedules, employees discount and Andy’s relief fund for employees on emergency hard times
Cons
No cons come to mind
Server at Greenville Texas roadhouse
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 29, 2018
I had a horrible experience being a server at Texas Roadhouse. I worked there for six months and in that time I felt bullied by the mangers. The owner of the store is creepy and often would make the young college girls I worked with uncomfortable. The job was not professional and there were a lot of people favored. The group of people who I worked with also were not kind and often made the work environment difficult to be in. I left because of a personal incident that occurred on valentines day. I felt too uncomfortable to continue working there.
Fast money, Not worth the time
Server (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYDecember 15, 2018
Working at Texas Roadhouse was one of the best and worst experiences of my life. There are nights where you walk out with enough money to pay your bills off and some that leave you barely able to pay for gas. You'll have those tables that treat you great and tip accordingly and some who will rack up a big fan and not leave you a single penny. The people I have worked with have been rude, judgemental and don't know how to communicate well with their "team". But then again I met my closest friends here as well. It's honestly a bit of both sides. Honestly, just depends on what you can put up with and deal. In my experience, the management was poor and so were the people I worked with.
Pros
Fast Money
Cons
Management, Coworkers, Hours
good job for a young person starting out
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed my time at texas roadhouse for the most part. The general manager was a pill popping jerk that took his personal problems out on employees, but the front of the house manager was great. The pay was decent and the tips were generally good, but there weren't any benefits to speak of except for an employee discount on food, but that's pretty standard in food and bev. Overall it's definitely a good job starting out as a young person or for putting yourself through school, but it's not the best place to work if you're looking for a long term career and definitely not if you're looking for benefits or super high pay.
Pros
good coworkers, decent tips, pretty flexible
Cons
bad manager, no benefits
Excellent workplace, poor pay.
Server Assistant (busser) (Current Employee) –  Riverview FloridaNovember 19, 2018
The management, employees and environment are perfect, it’s very warm and welcoming. However I will say that as a Server assistant (busboy) you will be doing the hardest, most menial work in the establishment and the pay will not be worth it. On top of that you’re tips are on your paycheck instead of in your pockets every night.
Pros
30% off, health dental and vision benefits.
Cons
No breaks if you’re 18 or older, poor wages, not tipped out nightly.
Depends on location
Broil Chef, Fry Cook, Cold Prep, Server (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 28, 2018
Worked at different stores, some were fun, some were frustrating. It all depends on management, and location. If you are in an area where college students are the most employees, it will be more of a fun environment, with potential for great money. If you work in an area where it’s extremely busy and management only cares about numbers, money can be made, but only if you are in favor of management since there is a lot of favoritism.
Hard working environment
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYDecember 15, 2018
This restaurant is a very popular restaurant and has wonderful flavors of foods and great recipes, the management is more than than fair with their staff, everything is structured and consistent. Unfortunately at the time I was not physically able to maintain a proper work within and had to resign.i would be more than happy to work there again, and recommend anyone to go and eat there.
Pros
Very consistent
Cons
Not enough starting pay in my opinion
Management does not realize the talent in front of them
Server (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZNovember 8, 2018
overall I loved my job treatment was fair however, managers tend not to really have a good sense of rational or tolerance with their employees, they tell you, you can come to them with any problem and they'll take care of you, but they don't.... they reprimand and punish you for small things. People get fired like flies there for really no reason, and everybody knows it.
Pros
super friendly and respectable co-workers
Cons
only 30% all employee meals, poor management
Overall a good work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 6, 2018
Roadhouse is a good company to work for because they have plenty of jobs to offer. They prefer quality over quantity so we are defiantly over staffed making sure the guests get the best experience we can offer. If you have a good team working the shift with you, management and all, it’s very smooth and relaxing. When you have a shift with teammates who don’t fulfill their job requirements to the fullest it makes for a chaotic, stressful shift.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Teamwork
fun workplace
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 11, 2018
It is a very good first job, very laid back and most of the time very easy.

there is no really hard part to the job you just have to keep up with your tables and be able to handle the people you serve.

a typical work day for me is I clock in and i get 3 table section, i run food and drinks to my tables and make sure they are satisfied with everything.
Pros
discounts, doesn't open until 3pm on weekdays
Cons
no benefits unless full-time, only 3 or 4 shifts a week, over staffed
Texas Roadhouse
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 31, 2018
Texas Roadhouse can be a stressful place to work, especially when it gets busy. You need to clean tables fast and carry a heavy bus tub around the entire restaurant to find dirty tables. The back of house is slippery the whole time and I fell even with non-slip shoes. This job puts a lot of strain on your body having to carry and lift heavy tubs, trash, or bags full of wet and dirty linens. Management had poor communication skills and didn't have a good attitude. Scheduling was a big issue for the entire staff and it seemed as if they didn't pay attention when making the schedule. The pay is low for the amount of work you are required to do at a fast pace.
Pros
Discounted food, earn free meals, long breaks
I would recommend this job for a first job or a temporary job.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYNovember 30, 2018
Overall I liked working at Texas Roadhouse. It had good management and was a fairly easy job. They always worked around my busy schedule where I was a full time college student and worked another part time job but it was stressful juggling shifts with my two jobs. It didn't pay very well and was just a temporary job for me. I would recommend it for a first job while you're in high school or college.
Productive and fun environment.
Server Assistant/Busser (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 12, 2018
Fun people to work with along with the job they make it fun, they work with your availability and time off work. Every position there are responsibilities and as long as you do as you are told there won't be any difficulty to work. Everyone relies on each other so it is best to put your best effort.
Pros
30% discounts, amazing food. Funny people to work with.
Cons
Not very much benefits, not much money for a part time job.
Loved this job
Server and Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 2, 2018
TRH was my favorite serving job. Unfortunately my GM left and moved to the city and he was a great GM, I also moved further from my location and traffic on the expressway was hard to deal with daily. BUt overall, TRH hands down one of the best places to work. The atmosphere was great. ALways busy and i always made money. Great quality for the price. I loved it there
Pros
Fun ENergetic great food
Cons
For me it was change of management
Sucky managers and horrible environment
Server/Crew/Take Out Lead (Current Employee) –  Fallston, MDDecember 4, 2018
I really liked this job when I first started working there and continued to for a few months. But the management there got worse and I began to hate having to go in for a shift. I do not recommend working there if you get stressed out easily or get irritated quickly. Management sucks and some of the workers there need to check their attitudes.
Pros
food is good
Cons
everything else sucks
an inviting environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MANovember 28, 2018
At this work place i've learned to become better with my time management, how to approach a costumer and also learned how to approach a problem if here ever was on.If you are not used to working at a quick pace then i would say that is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of this job is being with the people that work there. they are all loving people that care for the well beings of their coworkers.
Great First Job
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 11, 2018
I have worked at Texas Roadhouse for three years now and it was an amazing experience for a first job. The people are warm and welcoming and willing to help where ever needed. Most days I would clock in and open my section right away and depending on how busy we were, take care of my tables. I would take orders, put them in, and then run food all night while watching my tables. I have met some of my best friends working and they are part of what makes the job so great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.4K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss