Texas Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Wasnt for me
Server (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 22, 2018
Being small, carrying the trays was very difficult. Had to do other workers jobs most of the time and dealt with many slackers who got tipped more. The managers pretty much tell you to either carry the trays or get fired even though they have tray runners. They also allow some people to slack off and allow others to do their work.
Pros
peoples person environment
Cons
Slackers/overworked
Great Work Environment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 22, 2018
I wouldn't have left if i didn't have to. Being a manager is stressful anywhere you go but here it was more than manageable. They have great benefits even for hourly employees. They have a non-profit organization just for employees if any of them are in need of dyer help as well as health insurance for people who work 30 hours or more on average. I would go back in a heart beat but my boyfriend and I worked together and there was no room for his advancement had I not left. As an employee who started from the bottom and advanced to a KM and SM I promise there is always a way to move up with this continuously growing company!
Pros
Discounts on Food
Cons
Fast-paced evening job with flexible hours for students and extra income for working adults.
Server, Trainer, and Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, MDSeptember 22, 2018
Typically a 5-6 hour shift, unless you want more, starting at the end of a normal business day and ending when most people are asleep. This job is symbiotic and relies on teamwork from top to bottom. I was able to hone my customer service and training/leadership skills as well as recognize my strengths and weaknesses and improve on them. My service team and I have been through a variety of management styles and adapted to them well. Working in tight quarters in a high pace environment forces you to get to know your coworkers on a personal level. Meeting new people, whether guests or employees, has been the highlight of my job and also sometimes the worst part of my job. Retention rate of guests and employees fluxuates based on the season.
Pros
Flexible schedules, daily income, discounted items, free training meals, paid sick leave, vacation pay and annual bonus (for eligible employees).
Cons
Late hours, typical service hourly pay, inconsistent income, inconsistent guest experience, long physical hours on your feet and constant lifting.
Fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 21, 2018
Fun work environment , laid back and chill. Cool employees with 30% discount. Dress up days in th weekend during football season. High school dress up Fridays, colleges Saturday’s, and nfl sundays.
I love my job
Cold Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 21, 2018
I loved this job with all my heart it actually was the best job I ever had. Wish I could still work there but I couldn't transfer because all jobs were folled.
Pros
Fun
Cons
So employee's
Fun place to work!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 20, 2018
Definitely never boring, always busy and high paced. Managers are nice and you build friendships with a lot of people you work with. You get the hours you ask for and can usually get off time you need. Servers make a lot more money than hosts but it is hard work. Training is always done by workers who have been there for a while.
Pros
30% off food, win contests for free food
Cons
Low pay for hosts and can be stressful at times
Fun workplace, amazing staff
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDSeptember 20, 2018
I love working at Texas Roadhouse. It is fast paced, fun and energetic. I am proud to work for a company that has amazing food and great quality of customer service.
Its a good starter job, but not a forever job
Host (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work would be extremely busy, bringing in guest at all times which was the best part. I learned that not every employee has a respectful attitude towards co-workers.
Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Arrive at work with a positive attitude and ready to stay focused. Then prepare your work environment for the coming hours and stay organized with in the midst of long push periods. Being able to stay standing for a long time in a certain place.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Prone to burns and sweating
Productive and fast paced work environment
Busser (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 18, 2018
The opening shifts would be slow at first but would quickly become very fast paced and busy, the culture of the work environment was great because there were people from all over.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Good job if you need money
server (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 18, 2018
walk out with money as you make it. Guests are great most of the time. managers can throw you under the bus sometimes. relaxed dress code. you can pay people to pick up shifts you cant work. good money.
Pros
money
Cons
exhausting
FUn Workplace with awful management
Server (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 18, 2018
I Love the people at Texas roadhouse as well as the guests that I have made connections with but the management could care less about their employees. Management just strives for their bonuses and will do anything to get them. They pick favorites and everyone can see it. Its very disappointing.
Great work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GASeptember 18, 2018
Working as a server you learn to be more patient when it comes to people’s needs. I really built a great friendship and believe this job will help me reach future goals.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks. Scheduling.
learned skills I needed to grow
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PASeptember 18, 2018
Dealing with angry guests was an everyday tasks being a hostess. Being the first person they see and deal with as they enter, held a big responsibility. Making a good first impression is extremely important. Assuring cleanliness in the restaurant was also a big priority. Working for a corporate company meant adapting to change was necessary.
Pros
discounts, amazing food, interaction
Cons
not enough pay, not a serious work environment
I don’t recommend this job
Busser (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 18, 2018
This place was not a good place to work. Seemed like there was a lot of favoritism and the bidders didn’t get credit for anything. Also the pay was terrible we never got any tip share
fun workplace
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houma, LASeptember 18, 2018
it wasn’t the same as it used to be. business is starting to slow down and money isn’t as good. very flexible work hours though and they work with your schedule in any way possible.
Great if you like to be yelled at,3 days week
Server (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 18, 2018
First it is the core value : interigty, is not displayed when your told full time and only scheduled 3 days a week, another problem is your screamed at is the way they communicate verbally, favortism is always every where and the click group. So if your not one you never get to pick up extra shifts, especially if they think you dont work hard enough. If your going through college great place if you a duck and let things roll off your back. Is fast paced but not hard to handle. Crew are great and help often. So if you like verbal abuse this place is for you.
Pros
Tips when you work
Cons
3 days a week
Fast paced and fun working environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 18, 2018
Working at Texas a Roadhouse can be an awesome experience or a horrible nightmare depending on a person's ability to handle multitasking during a rush hour while keeping guests happy and not becoming too overwhelmed.
Pros
Working with your good friends, fast cash, fun environment
Cons
Horrible guests, kitchen malfunctions and never knowing for sure when youll get to go home
The environment was great.
Crew (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 17, 2018
The environment was fast paced, the people were great to work with. I learned everything I did very fast and it was easy to remember. Help was always around if needed.
Vindictive management out to get employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALSeptember 17, 2018
The management at my particular location were not capable of leading a team efficiently. They had poor communication skills, played favorites, and contradicted themselves several times. They will drive you into pulling your hair out. The kitchen would send a salad/app out with the food instead of before the food, which ultimately upset the customer(s) and reduced my tip. Management was not helpful with complaints.
Pros
tips, flexible schedule
Cons
overworked, poor management, lack of communication, tip-out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.3K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight