Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse insights

Based on 3,268 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Texas Roadhouse is something else

Teas Roadhouse was my first serving job, and I have regretted it ever since. The type of work I had to do, was not equal to the pay. I would usually go home frustrated because I did not make enough money on a 12 HOUR shift.

Bad Second experience

Second experience Was awful working for them worked my backside and still had no Payout how do wait long time for Pay advancements you work by ur self for urself management is lazy. Going in to Texas Roadhouse is nothing but drama every day

Pros

Cons

Short breaks bad management communication

Eh, it was okay.

Expected too much from servers, we carry the place. Management doesn't do anything but play nice guy. Rules are selected on what to actually follow. Not paid enough consistently. It was nice to walk away with cash every night though.

Pros

tips, flexible schedule

Cons

you do too much, management

Super fun place to work

I worked there for 14 years. I started as a hostess and when I left I was a manager. It is my most favorite job I have ever had. The schedule just didn't work with my family needs anymore so I had to move on. Great place to work.

It’s a great place to work if you don’t mind the stress

Great tips and usually okay customers, it’s very unsteady and the managers for the most part will do what is best for them and shrug their shoulders when the store is in chaos, there are a few good managers tho and if you put in the hours it’s good money.

I love my job!

It says it on the back of our shirts, and I mean it! Texas Roadhouse is such a fun place to work, and I genuinely look forward to coming into work every day. Obviously this varies from restaurant to restaurant, but my experience at the Easton PA location was nothing but positive.

Pros

Fun work environment, great managers

Cons

Sometimes hard to change shifts

it's okay

It gets a bit discouraging because the pay is based on tops and the tips are inconsistent. you get most of your money during the weekends and by the time taxes hit, your base pay is gone

Working at Texas Roadhouse

If you're looking for a great, fun place to work- Texas Roadhouse is the place to apply! The atmosphere is a fun, fast-paced environment. The management is very employee-focused and wants the best for their employees, whether it is time off, workplace advancement, or even physical/ mental health. Working part-time, I did not experience any of the benefits, but when COVID shut restaurants down, our CEO donated his paycheck to the employees on the frontlines. I receive a Christmas bonus annually and it increases the longer you have worked there.

Always busy

you can make good tips almost any day, played shift games to increase upselling which I found fun. Overall, I enjoyed my experience working here hours aren't stressful and management is great!

Pros

Always busy

Cons

eat too many rolls

super fun

i loved working there soo but so much because all of my coworkers were around the same age as me so we always made the job fun and the managers were young and very understanding as well

Pros

free food

Fun workplace

Fun workplace, great atmosphere and great coworkers. Only have to work evenings in the week. More than likely to be a double on weekends. Very fast paced but always fun.

Pros

Coworkers, fun atmosphere

Good job

I really liked working here. I helped open up one of the locations abd they had a fantastic training program. I would definitely come back and work here if I ever left where j am now.

Pros

Bree bread

Cons

No breaks

Decent company, lame management

Management never had any real trust in Servers. Would be sent home or reprimanded for making 1 mistake like accidentally running the wrong card on a table. Fault was always placed on servers and even the loyal good ones weren't treated well. DO NOT RECOMENED unless you hate life.

Pros

Free Bread and Soda's, 30% food discount

Cons

Everything else

Fun

Very laid back environment. Management is very nice. Never a dull moment. Coworkers are very helpful. The training program is extraordinary and extensive

Good coworkers but bad management

Most of workers r nice and friendly however some of management does not treat workers with respect. It is extremely difficult to move up to different job opportunities.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

No breaks, bad management

Fun workplace

Good but working 8-12 hours shifts with no breaks sucks. Waiters always make my station dirty. Just say sorry and don’t clean up the messes they make .

Pros

Free feed

Cons

No breaks

Fun place to work but that depends on the management

I loved working at Texas Roadhouse until they changed the management. I think the happiness of employees when it comes to the restaurant business is how educated and kind managers are. If management is nice you'll have an amazing work experience

Pros

30% discount on food, flexible schedule

Cons

not enough pay

decent job

its not a bad job and pays decent. hours are not bad and whole staff is cool. managers are nice and always are in your best interest. only worked there for short time but it was an alright job.

Productive and Fun

Very fun can be a little stressful but overall good people and management. It’s a good first job to have it is very simple and easy and you get paid very well.

Overall Good Job

Texas Roadhouse splits their host duties into many different roles, so each shift you're preforming a specific task (seating, answering phones, assigning tables, etc.) This makes the job really easy, but also redundant. Management is present and willing to help. If there's ever a rude customer they always have your back and never tolerate employees being disrespected. Overall it was a great job!

Pros

Free rolls, Good tips, Supportive Management

Cons

Boring workload

Fun work environment

Great place to work. If you enjoy working with the public. You will enjoy Texas Roadhouse. Great manager. Just wish hourly pay for servers was more than 2.00.

Pros

Fun

Cons

No insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8K
2.2K
1.5K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss