Texas Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Fast, fun and friendly
Bartender/Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 19, 2018
Nice place to serve/bartend. The culture is great and the people are friendly. Low hourly wage but it comes with a territory. Tips is how you make money.
Pros
discount on food.
Cons
low hourly wage. Some managers are spotty.
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 18, 2018
I started working for this company at the age of 16. It is a great place to work at a young age to get work experience. It is however very difficult to move up in if you are wanting to do more with the company.
Restaurant
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 18, 2018
Poor management led to internal inequities. Poor scheduling, problem resolution. The workplace service culture was fun which is the most enjoyable part. There were good and bad leaders but it was inconsistent
A fast-paced environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 18, 2018
I learned how to effectively multitask and communicate with people from all around the country. I also learned suggestive selling strategies and how to work with a team.
Pros
flexible scheduling, fast-paced
Cons
dependent on tips
awesome place to work
Staff Training Coordinator / Server (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLMay 18, 2018
this was the beginning of my serving career
they truly set you up with how to serve 101
I definitely needed this job to give me my bearings
fun atmosphere
but demanded your best effort every day!
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
Productive and Fun Work Place
La Plata, MD - Server (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 18, 2018
Great environment to work in. The saying team work makes the dream work is really exhibited in the restaurant in the back and front of the house. Management stays on top of things and is readily available to help anyone in need. The hardest part of the job would be multitasking but as long as you manage your time and make your main priority the customer things come together. Texas Roadhouse is by far one of the best restaurants I have ever worked in.
Pros
employee discounts, flexiablel scehdule
Cons
occasional bad tips
fun creative and energetic
Hostess/ Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 18, 2018
I learned to have fun at work while i worked here. They push you to be better in a good way and show you how to not be overwhelmed.My favorite part of the job was line dancing kinda broke up some time and allowed you to have fun and relax a little.
Good workplace, no career advancement
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJMay 18, 2018
Great place to work, good pay, a lot of hours available, but they never move you up. They give you dates of when you will be trained but don't followthrough.
Dishwasher Trainer/cold prep/rib prep (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMay 18, 2018
This is a great place to work the management is nice and the treat you like family. The job is hard and fast but fair. The only issues were that the employees never got written up for being late or no call no show so they get away with it all the time. Other then that awesome place to work.
Pros
food was free.
Cons
no dicapline for no show or being late
Fun place to work
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 17, 2018
Great place to work, everyone gets along, but everyone is underpaid there.other than that it's a great environment with good food, though a little busy.
Fun and focused.
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2018
Overall a very good work environment. The managers and staff at the Happy Valley location in Phoenix, Arizona are amazing. It is a flexible schedule and an amazing place of employment.
Texas Roadhouse
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 16, 2018
Working here was stressful I had no help cleaning and bussing all the tables. There would be time when I would be alone doing it by myself. Pay wasn’t good or worth the time I was putting into it.
Expected to do the most while being paid the least
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 16, 2018
I had worked there about a year and no adjustments were made to my hourly wage, even though I had been cross trained for other areas of the job. The managers were often rude and would never work with me on my schedule. My coworkers were pleasant though.
Fun, fast paced
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 16, 2018
A very fast paced, fun place to work. Every day is different and it's hard having such inconsistent wages being as they are based on tips. Management was very fun and always kept things interesting.
Decent
Server/Bar Tender (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMay 16, 2018
Roadhouse is good place to start out in the restaurant business. They showed me the ropes of food service and I climbed the ladder quickly. Definitely a hustle atmosphere.
Fast-paced Environment
Server/Expo Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 16, 2018
Very fast-paced environment with a strong company culture. Employees need to build trust with management which can be difficult at times. Very hierarchical so it's hard to advance.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
No room for growth
Fast paced still growing and establishing it's culture
BOH Broil Skill Trainer & Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 16, 2018
Found most TXRH employees enjoy working for the company. Wages could be better considering amount of business done. Noticed a lack of evaluations and raised
High pace working enviornment
Host (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXMay 15, 2018
It was a very fast paced job just because it's usually always busy. The people were great and were fun to work with. There were different tasks for hosts and busser but none too hard to keep up with.
Great work environment!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMay 15, 2018
I worked at the Cedar Falls TXRH for about four years and I enjoyed my job SO much! The management was great, the environment was fun, and I made quite a bit in tips. I worked as both a hostess and a server. The training is great, it’s all easy to learn, and everyone’s willing to help along the way!
Pros
Discounted food, fun environment, great location
Cons
Minimal benefits
Very good work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 15, 2018
A very good work environment would recommend to someone but also a very fast competitive pace brakes are not long but it is quite fun to work at and you do get a lot of experience working at Texas Road House with discounts
Pros
Gain very much experience
Cons
Brakes will not long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight