Texas Roadhouse

3.0Pay & Benefits

Found 1,764 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,177 reviews
texasserverrestauranttablefooddancingguestdiscount

Texas Roadhouse is something else

Teas Roadhouse was my first serving job, and I have regretted it ever since. The type of work I had to do, was not equal to the pay. I would usually go home frustrated because I did not make enough money on a 12 HOUR shift.

A good starting job

At my location the managers are really friendly are are there to also be your friend, not just your boss. It can get a little overwhelming on busy days but it’s not too bad.

Pros

30% off meals, decent pay, flexible with schedules

Cons

no breaks once 18, overstaffed, takes long to move up

Texas Roadhouse insights

Based on 6,166 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Just okay

It was okay. The ones that love it really love it. No vegetarian options as everything has some type of meat in it. Food is decent. Money was just okay

Great benefits. In a proficiently run location, can be a great working environment

With good MP and good KM, can be the best job. Benefits are great, pay is where it should be, hard work is rewarded. A lot of office politics so if you're good at playing the game, you'll move up quickly.

i like it

u have to work long hours sometimes but it’s an easy job, once you become good at your job and keep working hard it will be reckognized it’s understaffed too but that means moreMoney in your pockets depending on what position you are applying for

Pros

Free lunches for training

Cons

UsuallyNo breaks and understaffed

Just don’t work here. No benefits. Management is horrific. Clientele isn’t much better. You will not be appreciated here. Super clique between the servers too.

Good money, bad management

Serving gets you a lot of money, but you have to start as a server there. The management favors specific people and if you are not a favorite then good luck having a good time at work. Overall a decent job, but will cause a lot of anxiety.

Pros

Discounted food, good money

Cons

No breaks, Stressful environment

Fair place to work

It can be very stressful sometimes but as long as you have people that actually work it’ll be a good shift. Management is not always there to help so you learn a lot on your own but they do help after hours have slowed down.

Not a job for the weak

No breaks unless u work a double, management cared abt employees not one bit, u cant eat during ur shift no matter how long, they don’t care abt ur availability they’ll schedule u whenever they want , not a good job during school

Fun atmosphere. Great co-workers. Good tips. Flexibility

Fun, but stressful. Tips are good. Meet alot of people. Guests can be rude and entitled. Most co-workers and managers are great. Have made long lasting friendships.

Pros

Decent tips, flexibility is awesome.

Cons

Stressful, rude customers

Poor work life balance

I found that working for roadhouse I was severely underpaid for the work and time needed to put in to be successful. Also, begging for time off is no fun! You were not allowed to roll your time over but could barely get vacation time approved. If you like to go to work sick, this job is for you!

Pros

Good health benefits, 401k match, stock options

Cons

No breaks if busy, poor work life balance

It’s okay

It was a pretty good job with good pay. But some other employees were weird. A good first time job for anyone one that’s looking for a job. Would totally recommend!

Good

It is generally good. It is comfortable to work here. People always try to help you so there is a lot of teamwork, it is also a good pay job, I always wall home with the range of 130 to 200 tips

Not Bad But I personally wouldn't recommend.

Would make a good temporary job but not a permanent one. This job is non stop! Even if its not busy! It feels like you have to close the entire store every single night even though you are only a dishwasher. However the weekly pay is good though.

Pros

The Pay.

Cons

Over Worked.

Awesome first job - not somewhere to make a career.

I absolutely loved the environment that was created, and my coworkers were awesome. Food discount was great, I highly recommend for high school students and college students as the hours are short for decent pay. You learn A LOT here as well.

Pros

good discounts, fun coworkers, paid weekly

Cons

people suck, late nights, unreliable pay

Good

Love it so great can’t wait to go back and work there again love the people and the managers and the staff but the food not so much honestly the rolls good but the steak ehh

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Lunch

Fast paced Fun Environment

Being an employee at Texas Roadhouse was the best. At least the one I worked at in Rogers, AR. They pay well, and management does their best to support their staff at work and home. I left for health reasons. If not I’d still be there!

Pros

Excellent pay, supportive management.

Cons

Short Breaks, long shifts.

Not bad for a first job

Not a bad place for a first job. Not much room for growth. Management can be difficult and hard to work with. Coworkers make or break your shift. Avoid if you can.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Inconsistent shifts, low pay

Fun

Good job with decent pay for what it is. The staff was also very nice and helpful. I appreciated the time there as they were able to help with a solid work life balance.

Social and Fun

fun atmosphere, social setting can have fun with customers and co workers, can get reat tips if you work hard! not all people are great tho but overall fun place to work at

Pros

people, co-workers, tips

Cons

can be stresfull! expect to work all weekends and holidays

Nice Job

The job is a good job to make some extra cash they work with your schedule and they really do make you feel like your in a family. Good job decent pay good tips and great environment.

Pros

Tips, discounted food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight