Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children

Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children Employee Reviews

Strives for Family Oriented Culture but Horrible Management
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
The culture and atmosphere at Scottish Rite as a whole is Awesome but departmental is where the deficiencies lie. They do not protect their employees like they should. In the department that I worked in they had several complaints to HR regarding the wrongful practices of the manager and the Director, they were made aware of the complaints, but no enforcement was made.
Pros
Family environment, most are friendly
Cons
They have bad management
Challenging and rewarding work environement
Orthotist - Prosthetist II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2018
I love my job working with the children and the families at the hospital. The collaborative environment working directly with multiple interdisciplinary departments such as PT, OT, nursing, and the referring physicians is very unique in this profession. The top administrative support for the O&P department is excellent.

The immediate management of the department can be less than optimum at times and the work environment among staff can sometimes be strained. There is little room for advancement at this department.
Patients focused, Caring, Employees Empowering
Health Information Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2018
Great leadership and management, this is a great place to work with career growth and advancements. Texas Scottish Rite Hospital is a pediatric hospital specializing in the treatment of orthopedic conditions and sports injuries, as well as certain related arthritic and neurological disorders, and learning disorders, such as dyslexia.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off.
Certainly not the best company I have worked for.
Revenue Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2018
I do not have the confidence in the upper financial management of this hospital. I believe in the mission of the organization but the placement of individuals in higher level positions is more political than practical.
Good Place to work
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  DallasMarch 13, 2018
Best managers in the Radiology department. Staff are very helpful to patient and the co-workers. Very clean and organized place. Best place to work and to get treatment.
This place works miracles
Clinical and Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2018
If you care about life and helping people live fuller lives look no fuller. This place provides some of the most important work to the world in the form of helping kids with physical and neurological disabilities live with as few hurdles as possible. I would suggest anyone at least volunteer here to get some perspective on the amazing work they do.
It is a great place to work
RN III (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TX, DallasJanuary 30, 2018
It is a great place to work, you get good orientation,, good epic system. You should have a passion to serve the special need children and you must accept the fact that you are called to continue the mission of healing ministry through your profession.
Pros
Cons
Come and experience
very proud to be affiliated for several decades
Sr Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 24, 2017
laid off after 32+ years...so not enamoured. once patient/staff oriented facility, culture undergoing recent drastic metamorphosis.
now, more aligned to common for-profit industry...outsourcing, etc
treated very well with severance, which i'm certain the President was the instrument for. majority of service was a pleasure & good org team. last 2-3 years....not so much. once a very unique people-centric facility, losing a bit of it's luster. I guess it was just inevitable
that, in order to flourish, the facility would seek to integrate with it's
larger peer organizations, thus becoming a reflection of them.
the mission remains an admirable one, & the organization's size
continues to engender a family-feel atmosphere. still remains a good team, but employee retention will normalize. many, many good folks still there.
Pros
mostly good folks, inspiring mission, stability for many years
Cons
management style, devolving into political maneuvering, outsourcing, devaluing of staff
Research Coordinator at Children's Hospital
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2017
I was a summer Intern for the hospital, and it was a great experience. I made a decent wage and was able to learn many things about how a hospital was run as well as participate on the research coordinator team.

I attended many surgeries and was even allowed to help start a new study with the lead surgeon. My research data was later used and written into an abstract to be shared at a national orthopedic convention.

Overall this job was fantastic. Though I didn't always enjoy the work I was doing, I felt that I was making a difference and actually getting something out of it. The hours were a typical 8-5 with there being some exceptions such as early morning meetings or surgeries. Pay was very reasonable and my coworkers were incredibly helpful!
Pros
Great culture and team environment, Very focused on patient care and the families
Cons
Occasional 10-12hr day if surgeries and meetings lined up weird
hospital for children with orthopedic, neurological and learning disabilities
Patient Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2017
Work on applications from families with children in need of services.
Customer service via phone calls about application process.
Learned communication skills with doctors and upper management.
Delegation of duties to the volunteers of the hospital.
Working with all staff on a day to day basis.
Pros
great working experience
Cons
n/a
Great Environment
Clinical Research Coordinator I Temp (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2017
The hospital environment, the doctors, nurses, volunteers, are all superb to work with. Couldn't find for a more top-notch place to work and help children.
Outdated. People never leave - companies need healthy turnover. The retirement plan keeps people working there beyond when they should retire.
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2017
No sense of urgency in making necessary changes. Docs are gone two months per year at conferences around the globe, which are of no value to the patients. This hospital wastes donor money by not being efficient.
Smells like popocorn!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2017
The hospital has a great mission. The hospital is growing creating some new advancement potential however as a whole the organization is small limiting growth and advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is by far the patient population.
Pros
Great patients and families
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Caring
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2017
A typical work day varied on where I was stationed to work that day in the hospital. I learned how to be sympathetic and patient with others because the hospital enviornment is a hard place for everyone to be, so I had to be caring to the patients there. The mamangment was very nice and accomedating to the staff. The hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning to do something new everyday.
Pros
Friendly, comforting, good lunches and people(staff)
Cons
Unpredictable
Great Place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2017
It's a pretty decent place to work. The culture can be a little like high school at times but you learn to adapt to it. Sometimes there can be a lot of micromanagement.
Volunteer Position
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2017
I worked here over a summer and got to experience many different departments within the hospital. You can tell the love for the patients in every department and the need and want to help patients overcome illness takes priority. I loved my time here.
Doing good in the community!
Texas Release of Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2017
Wonderful and rewording to see children everywhere you look from the time you arrive to work to the time you leave at the end of the day. Going the extra mile is customary! Putting a smile on a Mother's face or handling a stressful situation for a family is well worth the time.
Pros
Cafeteria on campus a decent prices...
Cons
Bad traffic in the area...
Caring nurses
CLINICAL NURSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2017
Excellent care for children with orthopedic, neurologic, autoimmune disorders. Excellent hospital for scoliosis surgery. State of the art medical research.
friendliest work environment EVER
Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2017
I love everything about this hospital. Every single person you pass in the hall/share an elevator with/randomly see will be friendly and smile.
Great experience for different types of work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2016
Volunteering at this hospital was a great time to learn about healthcare, from working directly with patients as well as behind the scenes. Every week we had a rotation of what tasks we completed, helping me gain hands on experience and knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight