Texas State University Employee Reviews

Hated it here.
Social Media Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 8, 2019
I love Texas State, but my job working at the Student Health Center was draining and so exhausting. The management and communication wasn't very good, and although I was alright with the work, the people I worked with didn't seem to excited about having me there. I was miserable, so I quit.
Good experience
Bat Field Technician (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 4, 2019
Short term job from July to October. It was a good experience as I learned more about wildlife and unique skills. Worked with the wildlife department and was remotely located in South Texas.
Texas State University is the BEST Place to Work in Central Texas
Administrative Asst III/HR Mgr, Facilities Ops (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 1, 2019
My experience at Texas State University was one of growth and advancement. My relationships with everyone were collegial and respectful whether a tenured professor or a plumber. The location on the San Marcos River is unmatched in beauty and peacefulness.
Great benefits
Accountant 1 / Business Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 21, 2019
Super opportunities to learn and grow as an employee. On-site and remote training workshops are available. Support services such as wellness programs and discount programs are great.
Wonderful workplace culture
Texas (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 10, 2019
The staff and students are the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned how powerful the written word can have and what a profound difference any one person can be.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Professional-Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 6, 2019
I love working at the Dean's office. It has been almost 3 and a half years I am working here and I learned incredible amounts of administrative skills. Professionalism, punctuality, communication skills, phone etiquette, organizing, planning and managing, data entry, record keeping, leadership skills are some the many valuable skills I have learned at this job. The workplace culture is very neutral and supportive. The department promotes equality for employees of all backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is during rush hours of the semester when phones are very busy but with efficiency it has always been manageable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful team spirit and a friendly environment.
Pros
Free food from work events
Can study while working load is less or none
Student Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 6, 2019
You can utilize your free time for your own work. I like to complete my assignment when I have no heavy work. Also, student worker are provided small break during part time shift.
Great Place to Work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 3, 2019
I worked in the call center and it was really cool. The environment was chill and I learned a lot throughout my time there. It could get tricky at times if you weren’t 100% trained. But they do have an extensive training that is about 3 and a half months and you’ll learn a lot of information and the knowledge is very helpful.
Fun place to work with great people
Medical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 26, 2019
I absolutely love working here! The staff and patients are both great. I am a contracted employee so I dont get the benefits as a State employee but I hear they are good.
Pros
hour lunch, 8-5, wonderful coworkers, great supervisor.
Cons
No cons
collaborative work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 25, 2019
Texas State University is an inclusive, educational environment. I am proud to work alongside such dedicated educators. Working with undergraduate students is rewarding.
great expierence
Manager at Texas state Student REC center (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 20, 2019
Great working experience working at Texas state, learned a lot of things and gained a lot of knowledge. It was a great start for me in starting my fitness career.
Wonderful place to work
Upward Bound Grant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 19, 2019
Working at Texas State was an amazing opportunity and a wonderful work environment. I enjoyed all aspects of the job from management to day to day activities.
Easy
Night Cat Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 16, 2019
I completed homework and occasionally helped students. The job is otherwise simple as you are only in need a few times during the night. The hardest part is the night time shift part.
Bad culture and no job growth
Studio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 13, 2019
Not recommended. The IT department is run by morons. Management is a joke. After five years I watched all the best people leave. The only ones left are lazy or incompetent.
Pros
Time off at Christmas
Cons
Culture, compensation, job growth
Productive Internship
Total Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 17, 2019
From this internship with the Total Wellness Program at Texas State I was able to participate in several different exercise programs. These included Zumba, Water Aerobics, and Fit Kids Club.
Professional but relaxed work environment
The best part about working here was the support of colleagues and faculty. I enjoyed working for professors because they really care about your well-being but also your professional goals. The work itself was not terribly difficult, I maintained student records, corresponded through e-mail with faculty and students, and assisted with proctoring exams.
Best job on campus, best coworkers, and worst pay
Outdoor Center Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 7, 2019
My favorite job I have ever had. The pay is minimum wage, and often doesn't lead to motivation in the workplace. The management and full-time staff are for the most part amazing people. Daily tasks can be redundant, often feel pointless. But you get to work in the most beautiful place with like-minded people. You have to make this job worth it, use the free rentals, UCAMP sites and any outdoor experience opportunities provided to you.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 29, 2019
Resident Assistant for Smith Hall. Be ready to accept all forms of students. And if you are religious good luck because they are not and will make you feel bad about it.
Very solid place
Associate Researcher (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJune 28, 2019
I loved working for Texas State university. They treat you fairly and also pay well and the job is very easy and fun to do. 10/10 reccommend to people trying to improve their resume and work at a great establsihment.
Great place to work and learn
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 14, 2019
I worked as a student worker in the counseling office at the school of applied arts. I learned a lot of my office assistant skills there and it helped me in my job at a hospital later.