Texas State University Employee Reviews

Texas State Univeristy Advancement services is a great place to work for college students.
DATA ENTRY PERSONNEL (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 9, 2018
My experience with Texas State University Advancement Services has been wonderful. They are flexible and understanding. I would highly recommend them to any college student seeking an on-campus job.
Friendly and helpful lab coordinators
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Everything was perfect working here, everyone was willing to help and were considerate. I fell sick for a couple of days, and everyone was down to volunteering.
Good Environment
Assistant Head Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 19, 2018
My immediate supervisor didn't have an equal level of job knowledge or experience as I did. It was a difficult situation for me but, overall it is a good place to work.
great
sports media and advertising intern (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 17, 2018
Texas state is an amazing university and place to work i thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I would recommend to anyone. San marcos is also a great place to be.
Great place to work with fellow students
DHRL Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 13, 2018
loved working for the school. made great friends and connections within the school system. Work kept me active and required some creativity to accomplish task
Good atmosphere
Building Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Typical day would be making sure work study students had all the jobs lined up. Made sure all the work orders were in line and serviced. Constantly moving furniture and tearing down shelves and putting them in storage. Taking inventory for all the furniture and training staff and students on fire evacuation.
Pros
wellness, good people around, great advancement opps
Cons
far from home
Excelent place to work
Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I'm happy with my work at the university. Overall my work has allowed me to grow and taught me necessary skills to further develop myself professionally.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 30, 2018
Overall great place to work. I enjoy the people I work with, and my manager is supportive and does not micromanage. For me, I have has general oversight over my own area and broad discretion to determine how best to accomplish my goals.
Relaxed environment that allowed one to grow you own teaching technique
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 27, 2018
We were allowed office hours to prepare for the next class, however, I found that to truly prepare, I had to do a lot of work on my own time. That was not the case for many of the other Supplemental Instructors, but I tended to have a more organized session with planned activities and questions that challenged students.
Pros
Open to allow strengths to show through.
Cons
Not enough prep time (office hours) to truly plan sessions.
It was fun
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 22, 2018
Honestly I met a lot of people and had great experiences and it was fun work. I got to be myself and show new students how life is at Texas State university
Pros
Free summee housing, summer meal plan, be new friends
Cons
Waking up early
Was fine as a student.
Stockroom Employee (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 22, 2018
The department I worked in was great as a student and provided opportunities to work and earn money, as well as learn. This job was great for building around a student schedule.
Great Educational Institution
Associate Director for Facility Management (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 21, 2018
Texas State University afforded me the opportunity to mature and grow as an administrator, manager, educator, coach and person. In my time at Texas State we experienced tremendous growth and improvement in our programs, processes and people. A great place to work.
left leaning university
did not work at Texas state (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 14, 2018
I was a student at Texas State and I never had to work there. During classes all that happened is conservative students rarely got a fair voice and were dehumanized.
Texas State
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work. Always keeps you busy and is surrounded by a nice student oriented atmosphere.
The University really cares for its students and employees.
Great place to work. Allowed employees to gain a greater knowledge of the specific work.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL SURVEY ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Utah Test and Training Range, UTAugust 9, 2018
I learned a great deal of valuable experience pertaining to the field of archaeology. I work with really great people who got along well, and they all shared the same passion as I about the work.
Texas State is Awesome
Grant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 8, 2018
I loved working at Texas State! The faculty and staff really go out of their way for the students and the culture on campus is contagious. If given the opportunity to work her, jump on it!
Relaxed and Friendly Environment
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Dean of Students OfficeAugust 5, 2018
Everyone I worked around is always so kind and willing to help you in the best way they can. There always is something you could help with though, as there is much to be done here - so you'll never be bored. The hardest part was knowing that I was doing so much work for not a lot of money, but at the end of the day I gained a lot of experience that I can use later on.
Excellent Workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 2, 2018
I love my job at Texas State University. I could not have been hired to work in a better department and I will miss being employed their terribly. The staff and students are extremely nice and easy to talk too. everyone works as a team and the benefits and opportunities are endless. You'd be lucky to ever find a workplace like this.
Lecturer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 30, 2018
I love the ability to interact and engage my students, good work environment, able to be creative in teaching and completing projects. Support when needed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Salary
Fun
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 29, 2018
Amazing company to work. So many nice people and a great atmosphere to be around. Love this company and the people! I would recommend this job for anyone who loves to work with others.