Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Employee Reviews

Over all great company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 23, 2018
Spirt valuse is our core. It’s a great job great education. Excellent employee benefits the company cares for there’s employess and who doesn’t love the Texas tech red and black red radiers
Stressful work environment and no protections for employees
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 4, 2018
I had bad experiences working at Texas Tech. The work environment is extremely cut throat. My co-workers are constantly looking for ways to slow each other down or get ahead of each other, including going through research notebooks or taking data. The management in my department is extremely hostile and when I have tried to point this out to my supervisor I get excuses. I have filed complaints with HR but nothing seems to be done about it because no one else is willing to speak up against the management.
Terrible place for therapists
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 1, 2018
From very poor directors that don’t care about your position to being paid as much as an LVN when you have a masters degree and a professional license, Texas Tech doesn’t care about you.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management, poor pay, awful work environment
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 28, 2018
productive work environment, fun, great team work, cross training in all departments available upon request to supervisor, supportive of schooling, fast paced.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Enjoyed my early years, but then became very dissatisfied
Director, Faculty Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Too many meetings, not enough autonomy, too political, poor management, low pay for amount of work, not enough staff to complete job. I met many wonderful people.
Benefits
Excellent place to work
Certified Coding and Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 19, 2018
This is a great place to work if you have a partner to support you. The pay is not up to par and very understaffed. Management is AMAZING! Very accommodating when needing time away for family. The health insurance is the best i have ever seen. I would stay here a long time if I was able to work from home.
very nice place
Lead Specialist Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 15, 2018
extremely professional, but yet family oriented, I truly enjoy working here, the environment is not stressful and all co-workers are always willing to help
Pros
environment
Cons
no cons
productive
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 4, 2018
texas tech is a great employer with jobs to keep busy on the work day. co-workers were easy to get along with and were respectful. The hardest part of the job was just the changing weather conditions. the most enjoyable part of the job for me was to be able to assist others.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
pay wages too low
not a good place
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 30, 2018
confusion and lack of communication abound at all levels of administration resulting in a lack of support for scholarly advancement despite the demands to achieve such.
Texas Tech System
Medical Faculty Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 18, 2018
Great place to work for 20 years. I would highly recommend if you are considering working for a large institution. They are fair and equitable employers and there are great benefits to those who retire from here.
Great Work Place
Sr. Patient Service Specialist / Managed Care (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 17, 2018
Too much politics and does not look at you as an individual. In the department I currently am employed is much favoritism and too much micromanaging that it stifles you as an individual
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Politics, Favoritism
Medical Billing
Medical Billing Associate- Biller (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 4, 2018
Every day is the same thing we have our work flow we work out of, and also answer phone, help patients by taking payments setting up payment arrangements. We have to give cash out to clinics when they need change. Call insurances when we need to work on a claim
cool work environment
Healthcare assistant administrator (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 25, 2018
learnt the healthcare dynamics as well as the high level of training that i gained. An Environment where workers not only worked in a coercive nature but also an environment where we learn from each other.
Pros
close knit team
Negative Work Environment
Senior Editor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 18, 2018
Supervisors micromanage, are dishonest, and create an extremely negative environment. There is an incredible amount of time wasted in meetings that could be accomplished by email.
Wonderful place to work for! Just not enough staff, to get the job done
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 18, 2018
This is a great place to work! They have wonderful benefits! Lots of wonderful staff!
Just not enough staff to get the work done in a timely manner!
Pros
Time off, wonderful Doctors and staff
Cons
Not enough help in any area!
It’s ok.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 14, 2018
My co-workers are nice, but one is chronically lazy and so the rest of us have to work harder to compensate. My boss knows this and I have told him how unfair it is, but nothing really changes. I’m just very tired of dealing with it. I have performed many things that are outside of my job description and I don’t get raises to recognize my hard work.
Pros
Able to organize my day, autonomy.
Cons
Time clock, unequal workloads
Great Benefits
Senior Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2018
Texas Tech University has great benefits. A typical day at TT is fast pace. The only negative is the fact the salary is low and you get paid bi-monthly.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Salary
Productivity
Medical Secretary/Admin Asst. (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 10, 2018
I enjoy working for the Pediatric dept. The productivity of each department, and the paperwork is time consuming and information is either duplicated or triplicated.
All of the staff and supervisors are helpful in every thing you learn.
Senior Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 8, 2018
I was very happy working at a Texas Tech even though it was a temporary job under a grant funding.
I learned a lot and enjoyed working with people that I helped get a free Breast Screening.
Pros
Good working Environment.
Cons
No complains
Large Institution with Learning Opportunities
Coding & Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 6, 2018
The building of the new facility gave us a new office to ourselves but it was a cubicle environment so sometimes it was hard to concentrate when reading documentation.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Parking was far from building