Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Management has favoritism in all departments. Administration allows abusive tactics to degrade the employees and not allow advancement. Good & new Employee’s leave due to long-standing employees bullying and gossip. Untrustworthy company. Texas is an at will state!! Texas Tech takes full advantage of this!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Abusive employer
Disrespected and not appreciated.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 8, 2019
My supervisor was more interested in training and mentoring doctoral-level students, and had no appreciation for the work the Masters-level Clinicians provided. It was a harsh environment, working in a psychiatric prison hospital. I enjoyed the time and friendships with colleagues.
Pros
Colleague interaction
Cons
Poor supervision and management
No department is the same
Medical Technician III (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 7, 2019
In one department you may have a separate goal than another department but the overall establishment tries to mend these all together and you just end up excluding more departments. Management also tends to range from department to department.
About work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 7, 2019
no teamwork anyone above CMA look down on CMA or CNA forced to do things that you aren't comfortable doing and being treated like kids. they don't care if there is a family emergency they still want you there.
cold place to work in
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 26, 2018
There is no sense of teamwork its just fending for yourself. Not really getting paid for your experience and not being able to move up. Cold place to work in, always feeling like an outsider
Great place to work at...
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 19, 2018
TT is actually a great place to work depending on the department you work for. There are no standard policies everyone makes their own as they see fit.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Poor management
good place to work
Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 16, 2018
good side job. enjoyed the students, wished they had more opportunities to advance my career. everone I worked with was very nice. flexible schedule so i was able to work more than one job
Over all great company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 23, 2018
Spirt valuse is our core. It’s a great job great education. Excellent employee benefits the company cares for there’s employess and who doesn’t love the Texas tech red and black red radiers
not for me
Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 16, 2018
The University is great the city, not so much.

If you are not into the big city or if you don't care about beaches maybe this is your place.

Maybe you will like it.
Stressful work environment and no protections for employees
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 4, 2018
I had bad experiences working at Texas Tech. The work environment is extremely cut throat. My co-workers are constantly looking for ways to slow each other down or get ahead of each other, including going through research notebooks or taking data. The management in my department is extremely hostile and when I have tried to point this out to my supervisor I get excuses. I have filed complaints with HR but nothing seems to be done about it because no one else is willing to speak up against the management.
Terrible place for therapists
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 1, 2018
From very poor directors that don’t care about your position to being paid as much as an LVN when you have a masters degree and a professional license, Texas Tech doesn’t care about you.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management, poor pay, awful work environment
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 28, 2018
productive work environment, fun, great team work, cross training in all departments available upon request to supervisor, supportive of schooling, fast paced.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Enjoyed my early years, but then became very dissatisfied
Director, Faculty Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Too many meetings, not enough autonomy, too political, poor management, low pay for amount of work, not enough staff to complete job. I met many wonderful people.
Benefits
Excellent place to work
Certified Coding and Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 19, 2018
This is a great place to work if you have a partner to support you. The pay is not up to par and very understaffed. Management is AMAZING! Very accommodating when needing time away for family. The health insurance is the best i have ever seen. I would stay here a long time if I was able to work from home.
very nice place
Lead Specialist Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 15, 2018
extremely professional, but yet family oriented, I truly enjoy working here, the environment is not stressful and all co-workers are always willing to help
Pros
environment
Cons
no cons
productive
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 4, 2018
texas tech is a great employer with jobs to keep busy on the work day. co-workers were easy to get along with and were respectful. The hardest part of the job was just the changing weather conditions. the most enjoyable part of the job for me was to be able to assist others.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
pay wages too low
not a good place
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 30, 2018
confusion and lack of communication abound at all levels of administration resulting in a lack of support for scholarly advancement despite the demands to achieve such.
Texas Tech System
Medical Faculty Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 18, 2018
Great place to work for 20 years. I would highly recommend if you are considering working for a large institution. They are fair and equitable employers and there are great benefits to those who retire from here.
Great Work Place
Sr. Patient Service Specialist / Managed Care (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 17, 2018
Too much politics and does not look at you as an individual. In the department I currently am employed is much favoritism and too much micromanaging that it stifles you as an individual
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Politics, Favoritism
Medical Billing
Medical Billing Associate- Biller (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 4, 2018
Every day is the same thing we have our work flow we work out of, and also answer phone, help patients by taking payments setting up payment arrangements. We have to give cash out to clinics when they need change. Call insurances when we need to work on a claim