Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Employee Reviews

very nice place
Lead Specialist Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 15, 2018
extremely professional, but yet family oriented, I truly enjoy working here, the environment is not stressful and all co-workers are always willing to help
Pros
environment
Cons
no cons
productive
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 4, 2018
texas tech is a great employer with jobs to keep busy on the work day. co-workers were easy to get along with and were respectful. The hardest part of the job was just the changing weather conditions. the most enjoyable part of the job for me was to be able to assist others.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
pay wages too low
not a good place
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 30, 2018
confusion and lack of communication abound at all levels of administration resulting in a lack of support for scholarly advancement despite the demands to achieve such.
Texas Tech System
Medical Faculty Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 18, 2018
Great place to work for 20 years. I would highly recommend if you are considering working for a large institution. They are fair and equitable employers and there are great benefits to those who retire from here.
Great Work Place
Sr. Patient Service Specialist / Managed Care (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 17, 2018
Too much politics and does not look at you as an individual. In the department I currently am employed is much favoritism and too much micromanaging that it stifles you as an individual
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Politics, Favoritism
Medical Billing
Medical Billing Associate- Biller (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 4, 2018
Every day is the same thing we have our work flow we work out of, and also answer phone, help patients by taking payments setting up payment arrangements. We have to give cash out to clinics when they need change. Call insurances when we need to work on a claim
cool work environment
Healthcare assistant administrator (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 25, 2018
learnt the healthcare dynamics as well as the high level of training that i gained. An Environment where workers not only worked in a coercive nature but also an environment where we learn from each other.
Pros
close knit team
Negative Work Environment
Senior Editor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 18, 2018
Supervisors micromanage, are dishonest, and create an extremely negative environment. There is an incredible amount of time wasted in meetings that could be accomplished by email.
Wonderful place to work for! Just not enough staff, to get the job done
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 18, 2018
This is a great place to work! They have wonderful benefits! Lots of wonderful staff!
Just not enough staff to get the work done in a timely manner!
Pros
Time off, wonderful Doctors and staff
Cons
Not enough help in any area!
It’s ok.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 14, 2018
My co-workers are nice, but one is chronically lazy and so the rest of us have to work harder to compensate. My boss knows this and I have told him how unfair it is, but nothing really changes. I’m just very tired of dealing with it. I have performed many things that are outside of my job description and I don’t get raises to recognize my hard work.
Pros
Able to organize my day, autonomy.
Cons
Time clock, unequal workloads
Great Benefits
Senior Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2018
Texas Tech University has great benefits. A typical day at TT is fast pace. The only negative is the fact the salary is low and you get paid bi-monthly.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Salary
Productivity
Medical Secretary/Admin Asst. (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 10, 2018
I enjoy working for the Pediatric dept. The productivity of each department, and the paperwork is time consuming and information is either duplicated or triplicated.
All of the staff and supervisors are helpful in every thing you learn.
Senior Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 8, 2018
I was very happy working at a Texas Tech even though it was a temporary job under a grant funding.
I learned a lot and enjoyed working with people that I helped get a free Breast Screening.
Pros
Good working Environment.
Cons
No complains
Large Institution with Learning Opportunities
Coding & Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 6, 2018
The building of the new facility gave us a new office to ourselves but it was a cubicle environment so sometimes it was hard to concentrate when reading documentation.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Parking was far from building
Best Lubbock Employer
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 5, 2018
Not the perfect employer, but should be high consideration for anyone looking to work in the Lubbock area. Wide variety of positions, primarily healthcare/research/practice but many ancillary support services available as well.
Pamio/cmi unit
Correctional LVN (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 3, 2018
Most of the time you just round and pass meds. The doctors treat you good. The inmates are locked up most of the time so your pretty safe. The teamwork is good.
Cons
Low pay
Love my co workers
Coding & Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 28, 2018
The people I work with are amazing. They are what makes it worth going to work. Management is great. In my job, we are responsible for coding and billing visits as well as following up and appealing any denials. We should be compensated more for all the different hats that we wear.
Fast paced work environment with many employment opportunities
Patient Services Trainee (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 24, 2018
TTUHSC is composed of many health care clinics, from family medicine to specialty clinics such as Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Radiology, etc. As a Patient Services Trainee, there is always something new to learn. The organization is proactive in keeping students, as well as faculty and staff, up to date with new information.
Clinical Research Department is Poor Work Environment
Junior Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 18, 2018
The Odessa Clinical Research team has little oversight & does not communicate well. It is not a good area to go into with no background in Clinical Research, as the preceptors are completely unavailable & unwilling to teach &/or assist. The supervisor is in Lubbock & has no idea what is going on in the Odessa office.
Pros
Free lunch for meetings scheduled during lunchtime
Cons
Little oversight & almost no guidance
Great institution, Depending on the department, management is biased.
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 5, 2018
Great benefits. PTO and medical benefits as well as retirement; it being a state institution. The management where I worked at was biased and dpended on gossip too much. Had there been a review and replacement of management, I would've continued to work there.
Benefits
Cons
Pay/management