Texas Tech University Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 8, 2018
I worked for 6 years. I enjoyed the students and faculty. The daily interaction with the faculty, staff, students and public were interesting and challenging.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Very positive place to work, great supervisors
Texas Tech Transition and Engagement (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 31, 2018
It was a good and fun place to work. Everyone makes sure you are able to complete your job well, and makes you feel welcomed. It is a good family enviorment and you will become close with your coworkers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not many hours
Productive and fun to learn new ideas.
Teaching Assistant / Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 31, 2018
Since I am a Graduate Part Time Instructor, my main job is to study and teaching one large class or two small classes every semester, so it was enjoyable to teach but it was sometimes hard to manage time for doing homeworks and taking semester exams.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Time management
school
Coach groups (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 12, 2018
school is an easy place to work at, helps pay bills, flexible with class schedule. Easy going, can work anywhere on campus. good memories there. Simple job experience.
It was great
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 12, 2018
It was awesome and worked with great people that made working their enjoyable and I just love working there. I would recommend it to everyone that is looking for a job
Pros
working with great people
Cons
sometimes no breaks
A decent place to work in Lubbock
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 9, 2018
A good place to work if you can count benefits with your pay. Pay range is below average. Not many cost of living increases. If you want to advance, you have to transfer from department to department. No advancement without a degree. They do offer educational services as long as it works with your departmental work schedule.
Pros
Health insurance, retirement, paid time off
Cons
No advancement without a degree, vestment and OP standards change without notice
campus
Scholarship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 6, 2018
Working on any campus is exciting and fast paced. You are the face of hope for a future through education. There is a lot of coordination between faculty, staff and students. You must be able to think outside the box as you strive to assist students in meeting their goals. Seeing students reach those goals is quite rewarding.
Relaxed student friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 2, 2018
Not a particularly hard job, and pretty easy to obtain if you are a student. You get free food after your shift, and every one was pretty willing to help out.
fun place to work
section supervisor (computer operations) (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 25, 2018
enjoyed my career at Texas Tech it was a joy to come to work each day. very understanding place to work.. great university,,, always had the latest technology
production learning and work environment
Physics Instructor TA (Former Employee) –  Lubbock County, TXJune 24, 2018
I taught classical physics to undergraduate students. It was a very effective and new experience for me. I enjoyed it through out my teaching period there.
Very Busy
Specialist 3 (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 19, 2018
It is a very fast paced place to work. Wonderful customers and wonderful technicians. I enjoy what I do here but need to find something different with less hours during the day.
Pretty good, in a mess at the moment
General Purpose Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 18, 2018
I experienced it from the outside and the management is good but scattered at the moment. They are losing teachers in the engineering dept to cherrypickers from other universities.
Out of date, corrupt culture
Upper Management (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 18, 2018
Poor quality management, poor work culture, people hate their jobs and watch the clock, people are treated poorly, people are intimidated, people are driven by power.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Great winning culture
Men's Basketball Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 15, 2018
Its a great place for winning culture. People would enjoy the red raider atmosphere its like no other. They are willing to take care of you if you take care of them.
Good univeristy
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 31, 2018
Its really a good university. It made my carrier go so well. I would encourage Texas tech university for those who are going to join a good university.
Awful
Technician (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 31, 2018
if you want a horrible government job, here is one for you. Supervisors breed contempt as they feel they are invisible, insensible and lifer's in the horrendous government bureaucracy. Go build your own business or work for private enterprise cause this government job is part of the reason our country is in the dirt.
Graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 29, 2018
I was a Ph.D. student and had a research assistantship. I had a great time at Texas Tech. I really liked the classes and the professors. My research experience was demanding but rewarding at the end.
Relaxed workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 27, 2018
This job, was a relaxing student assistant job. The office is quiet, and the ladies are very welcoming. I learned how to assemble, file and index invoices. This is a great fit for Accounting/Finance Majors.
An interesting place to work
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 26, 2018
Every day is challenging.I learned how to work with dangerous patients in life threatening situations. I learned the importance of team work. I learned how to thrive in a tense environment. I learned a lot about psychosis. I learned how to be proficient in electronic medical charting. I learned how to work in a multi cultural milieu.I enjoyed the work structure and the leadership provided.
Benefits
Cons
Want higher salary
Productive place with great learning experience and wonderful collegues
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 24, 2018
Great University to further our academic goals. Its a place where you meet amazing people with a positive attitude towards life and give support to advance everyone.
Pros
Free food, T-shirts, Workshops