Texas Trust Credit Union
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Texas Trust Credit Union Employee Reviews

United States55 reviews

Great, Caring company with wonderful benefits and good people

Featured review

Texas Trust Credit Union selected this as a representative review
Texas Trust really excelled this past year by over-providing employee benefits and flexibility during COVID. The team is respectful of me as a person and works hard to provide a happy, safe, and encouraging environment. Pay and compensation is very fair with large increases given this year. Vacation policy is generous with an extra 12 days of holidays each year.

Pros

Friendly and supportive environment focused on treating people well

Cons

Can't think of anything worth mentioning

Easy work

Pretty good place to work. Management changes their direction too often and it seems to waste a lot of time. CEO is a nice guy, but he tries too hard to be everyone’s friend.

Texas Trust Credit Union insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

It's a company plagued by poor management

The company just feels terrible to work for. Little opportunity to advance and management is just a complete joke. Better off working at any other bank.

Great Members

Overall it’s a great company to work for some really mean well. Seem like you are hired for one job and end up doing everything else. I didn’t like being treated like a robot.

Pros

Sunday’s off and some Saturdays

Huge turnover rate

We are treated more like a number than a person. Management played favoritism. They will keep you from being promoted or even moving to another department. The call center was the only department to take 30 minute lunch breaks and they didn’t take the necessary precautions for COVID-19.

Okay job

Good. Pay is low. Management is not so good. Always short staffed. They will leave you alone at your branch. Unless you are a top performing branch you will not get the help or staff you need.

Fun place to work

I think this is a good place to work and have enjoyed my time here. They have great people and drive to goals to help members. They serve the employees and the community.

Good experience

There are a variety of departments and job types for this credit union. Your experience will greatly depend on what position you get. One department's experiences are different than another.

Do not recommend

Management was a nightmare and they let personal situations get in their way of creating an welcoming environment to new employees and lowers the moral of employees already working for the company. I do not recommend this company, perhaps for a resume builder but not for long term employment.

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

Stressful enviroment

If you’re a strictly sales driven person no matter what the outcome.. this is the perfect job for you.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Texas Trust Credit Union is almost non existent if you work full time, I had to pull teeth anytime I wanted time off or I had to fight for time off against a coworker.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Texas Trust Credit Union are it bad if you are just starting out and don’t have a lot of responsibilities.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Texas Trust Credit Union, I think it’s shaky. You constantly have to worry about your job being taken or moved to a different location if they don’t like you or feel you aren’t successful enough. Following rules means nothing if they have to suffer they will get rid of you quickly .ManagementIn general, managers at Texas Trust Credit Union are rude and disrespectful . I was cursed out, disrespected, and had my character torn apart by lies by my manager she also had the assistant manager cosign everything that was said to me. They were also incompetent managers.. my supervisor and lead did a better job at being a manager.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Texas Trust Credit Union is good with certain people(based of my location). You have to demand to be trained and taught the things you’re SUPPOSED and EXPECTED to learn otherwise they feel like you won’t take initiative and will want to fire you. Demand they train you on everything correctly .OverallMy experience working at Texas Trust Credit Union horrible.. managers are catty, messy, and rude at my specific location. The only way to succeed here is to be a pushy salesman no matter the cost or outcome -

Very community centered

The company was smaller when I started, and even then the CEO still knew my name without meeting me before. I like the culture in the company. But some management needs more training.

Pros

No work on Sundays and all government holidays are are off

Community involvement

N/A...My experience with the company was not a long one. The position I was in was clearly not compatible to my history or the culture of the credit union. My review is based primarily on that conclusion which is not enough to deter any potential applicant from applying. The CEO has the strength and positive strategy to lead, however I found the breakdown occurred in the lower management... that same passion is not reciprocated.

Competitive and supportive environment

They do a great job training you to do your best and meet goals. Very supportive management and team. They never leave you unprepared for any task. Helped me improve my ability to recognize and offer opportunities to our members.

Pros

Great benefits

April 3, 2020
Thank you so much for the outstanding review about Texas Trust. Your review encompasses what we’re trying to achieve for our employees. We are happy to hear that you’re content with our corporate culture and work environment. Thanks again for your feedback.

Ran by commitee

No clear process for stakeholder alignment created significant delays projects and contributed to a sense that nothing was getting done. Managers couldn't get on the same page and had difficulty delegating tasks.

Would not work here again

Cons •can only move up if you are cool with upper management •managers are told not to pay you more during annual reviews •managers need more training, they only get their position because of who they are friends with not actual skills Pros •start off pay is okay other institutions pay more

April 3, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us because we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence, for our members and our employees. We are sorry to learn that your experience working at Texas Trust is less than positive. We will forward your review to our executive team for discussion. Texas Trust is quickly growing and evolving as a credit union, and we will continue to strive to be better each day. Thanks again for your feedback.

Wish I would have known

I wanted to love working here, I really did. I was set up for failure from the beginning with lack of training and once I started I felt lost with no direction. If you plan on working here prepare to take “accountability” for things that aren’t your fault but lack of managerial skills on their end. Enjoyed my time here and could have grown immensely if this company hired managers who aren’t bullies and know what they are doing.

It was ok

I wouldn't go back to the company, but I must say that the time that I spent there was productive and appreciated. They actually gave me a chance, which says a lot.

Hot and Cold company culture

I was an employee due to a Merger with another credit union. We that came w previous cu were not entirely welcome genuinely and felt like outsiders. Eventually, all 25 employees fr previous cu were let go within the year. Not for legitimate reasons. I personally was let go for being, "Too much".

Lack of training

Employed with the company and was very excited to be there. This was the company that I wanted to be with. I reached out for more training and upper management said that they would give me the training that I needed. She waits a week to let me go without an explanation.

Na

Need to start listening to the complaints of the members but they’re too busy trying to turn their MSRs into salesmen to get new members instead of focusing on resolving issues of their current members

Bad company to work for!

I worked for this company for a few years and advanced to branch manager. During my time with this company I have scene over 50 employees come and go. I have scene over 20 managers get fired or asked to leave. This same process is still repeating over and over and will eventually get this company into hot water. There is very little training. The upper management makes no attempt to figure out why emoyees keep getting fired or why they quit. All upper management worries about is their job security and another warm body to fill a former fired employee's shoes. Manager's get written up and fired within 3 to 6 months of becoming manager. I've scene a few managers only last a few weeks. I did enjoy being a manager for a while and enjoyed my co-workers. But I have scene and heard too many bad things about this company while I was there and I should have listened and quit. Nobody there acts happy. Their bad work environment must end!

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No job security.

April 3, 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Trust Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits