Texas Wesleyan University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Positive working experience
Stage Technician, Performance Documentarian (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2018
Friendly management, helpful staff, beautiful grounds. Texas Wesleyan has a great campus, with compact and accessible grounds. Wouldn't recommend for anyone in the area.
Productive and people oriented, good place to work.
Painter / Carpenter / ReFinisher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Very productive days and people oriented, management is always supported which made for a very good working environment. The hard part of the job was to leave the family of friends and peers.
Enjoyable part was working their.
Learning Enviornment
Human Resources Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time here. The satff are always friendly. There is a small problem with individuals being bounced around between the departments. That becomes frustrating.
Pros of being a tour Guide for Texas Wesleyan
District Head Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Great opportunity to speak in front of large groups and a wide range of demographics. The compensation was small but large in enough to be a great scholarship for the tuition.
Great staff, fun and creative work environment. A lot of young people to work with.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2017
Texas Wesleyan has great opportunities for student workers. The RA position is known for great benefits such as free room and board. The staff is all very young, college students, wanting to achieve.
Pros
Free lunches, a lot of free time
Cons
No advancement, only allowed to make one mistake
front desk assistant
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2017
answering phones call and managing equipment for student and able to provided good service to any visitors. keeping the office clean and worksheet organize.
Pros
able to do hw
Cons
n/a
Very Productive
Volunteer Assistant Linebacker Coach (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 2, 2017
Great work environment with some great co workers that enjoy changing the lives of young adults via the athletic channel but stress the importance of what it means to graduate from college.
Pros
relax environment
Cons
lack of resources
Fun Place to Work
Texas Wesleyan: Residence Life (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2017
I learned that even if the job is difficult, and you think that you cannot do it, that you will be able to get through it, if you try hard enough, and communicate with others.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
Temporary jobs
Ability to Express Individual Creativity
Golden Ram Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 9, 2017
Working in Student Life at Texas Wesleyan really allowed you to express your own individuality and creativity. I would highly recommend Wesleyan to anyone looking for a job where they can really be themselves.
Great university with enrollment and budget issues
Fulltime student media adviser (Former Employee) –  Dept. of mass communicationsOctober 1, 2017
Texas Wesleyan is the "little engine that could" of DFW colleges and universities. Working with a limited budget but with small classes and dedicated faculty, the university is one of the best values for the dollar in the region. Pres. Frederick Slabach is a tried and true administrator.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Tough neighborhood in Fort Worth
Great place for students!
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 1, 2017
I went to school here and worked a few jobs. I think they pay very well and of course work with your school schedule.

I worked in the annual fund department and the manager was awesome!

We also got free food all the time!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hard to find a job if you are not a work-study student
Didn't feel like a job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 16, 2017
I was an RA at Texas Wesleyan and it was a blast. Loved all my coworkers and working with all the students and most of the staff. Of course, being an RA I got free room and half price on my meal plan. Sometimes it was hard talking to the guys in student life but otherwise, this job was amazing and huge reason of why I enjoyed college so much.
Pros
Free room and just a fun job
Cons
Director of ResLife seemed unavailable
Student Athletic Trainer
STUDENT ATHLETIC TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2017
This was for my coursework, so it was mandatory to attend observation hours. I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed being a part of this program. A typical day included taping/ wrapping athletes, filling coolers and ice chests, and attending team practices/ games. After these events ended, we would provide treatment for the athletes.
Diverse place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2017
Work environment that allows for on the job learning and training.
I would recommend this place for any student worker looking for an internship or summer work.
Productive and fun workplace.
Library Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2017
Working as a Library Receptionist was productive and helped me built my communication and customer service skill. I was able to solve the problems students had. I did not feel the work was hard at all where as I enjoyed it more over. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Supervision
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 2, 2017
I am an alumni. I have always dreamed of going back and working there. Once I got a job there the supervision was awful. They would talk about the students, all information is not secured like it should be. Was very disappointed in how the supervision acted and treated students and employees. I would not recommend going to work there at all little on going to school there!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Micro management
A great place to get experience
Marketing Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2017
I have been a student worker for the past four semesters. This semester I work for the School of Arts and Letters in the mass communication department for an internship class. I have been able to be a part of projects that give a new level of experience for after graduation.
Good small school
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2017
I enjoyed this school. Small comfortable atmosphere and you really get to know your professors. A big drawback is the lack of networking you usually get with a larger school
Pros
Small class size
Cons
Noone has heard of this school
Great place to work in higher ed.
Alumni Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 1, 2017
Great place to work, just not much room for advancement for me personally. Holiday and break time is a plus. There is always something going on on campus.
Pros
Holidays and off time
Cons
organization
awesom
Student Life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2017
this was the best job anyone could ask for being a student and reaching out to my piers on what they wanted to do on campus as far as activities.